Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The finale and what you think it means for next season

+48
gordongordonfan
katharine
dreamerktm411
Pat
joybrennan
the beaver1965
happylama2
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
sanasus
crzy4bones
heirofloki
boothbrennan13
cdngirl74
boothgirl47
DoctorB
sparklyshoes
spectacularviews
SnoopGirl
THX1138
mereva
hokorii
elyon
booksandbones
Dancin' Phalanges
adhma
Emme
HeyHey
kat0505
jsgemini
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
nati.cba
Beliskner
bones20
BBShipper
Lorna Doone
mommahurley
Kamera
tinkrella
jro54
Maureen
sarabrowncolorado
bonesparticulat
BumbleB89
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
52 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 4 Empty Where Is This Info Coming From?

Post by Emme Sat May 22, 2010 8:52 am

Marisa - considering we have had spoilers galore that have never come to fruition, where exactly are you getting this "bona fide" information from? At this point, the only thing we all have to do, unfortunately, is wait for S6 and see if this, as everything else that has been alluded to, really happens. Besides, where the hell is Booth supposed to find someone in Afghanistan??? I think he will be spending his time trying to stay alive...........

In MHO HH, SN and the rest of the cast should just keep quiet and say nothing. Saying something only fuels major speculation and great disappointment from what I have seen. They might think this is amusing, but all they are doing is alienating many fans with this nonsense. Whether or not there is a S7 is still up for debate. Sad to say, but far better written shows than this have been banished when they thought nothing could touch them.

Emme

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 4 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by hokorii Sat May 22, 2010 8:54 am

Apparently she got this information directly from HH & SN.
hokorii
hokorii
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 4 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by jsgemini Sat May 22, 2010 8:55 am

I find it hard to believe anything that is being said about 3rd party/SO's I mean the season finale just aired. How can they really know what is going to be filmed in season 6 already? Yes the scripts are written but it can always be changed when they start filming which isn't until July. I think it's just another attention grabber to get fans talking.
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Sat May 22, 2010 8:56 am

Emme wrote:Marisa - considering we have had spoilers galore that have never come to fruition, where exactly are you getting this "bona fide" information from? At this point, the only thing we all have to do, unfortunately, is wait for S6 and see if this, as everything else that has been alluded to, really happens. Besides, where the hell is Booth supposed to find someone in Afghanistan??? I think he will be spending his time trying to stay alive...........

In MHO HH, SN and the rest of the cast should just keep quiet and say nothing. Saying something only fuels major speculation and great disappointment from what I have seen. They might think this is amusing, but all they are doing is alienating many fans with this nonsense. Whether or not there is a S7 is still up for debate. Sad to say, but far better written shows than this have been banished when they thought nothing could touch them.

I believe (although I could be entirely wrong) Marisa and HH have one of the more 'friendly' tv writer-showrunner relationships. In fact he tweeted about her and Korbi today: @HartHanson @1Hockeymom33 Marisa and Korbi are the best. Like good neighbors who tell you when you've got a chimney fire. I think that's where she's getting her info. Also, she tried to downplay fan expectation before the finale. She knew people wouldn't be happy.

There are female soldiers too...

I agree though about SN/HH staying quiet, but they have a game to play...

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 22, 2010 9:02 am

yeah it's plausible that Marisa knows something about those first few scripts. Although like she said, it hasn't been filmed yet. Scripts change ( even after casting sides come out, and we aren't even at that point yet)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 22, 2010 9:03 am

jsgemini wrote:I find it hard to believe anything that is being said about 3rd party/SO's I mean the season finale just aired. How can they really know what is going to be filmed in season 6 already? Yes the scripts are written but it can always be changed when they start filming which isn't until July. I think it's just another attention grabber to get fans talking.

also plausible. The worst thing in that can happen in TV is apathy. Networks don't care what you are saying about the show (good or bad) as long as you are talking about it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 22, 2010 9:23 am

Hmmm after reading all (finally) the comments on her post show chat, I've decided I really like Marisa, she's a fan of the show, which I enjoy.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by spectacularviews Sat May 22, 2010 9:56 am

I like Marisa too, and she also notes in the post-ep chat that the show is not about B&B getting together with others. It's the journey. So it also holds true she knows this from the close HH relationship, too.

spectacularviews
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat May 22, 2010 9:59 am

Yes but if the journey takes too much longer the cries of 'are we there yet' are going to grow fainter because everyone will have detoured to a new route.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklyshoes Sat May 22, 2010 10:13 am

Is the thirs party definitely a love interest, or has that aspect just been assumed? There are all sprts of other options that could constitute a third party coming between B&B; from a new colleague to a baby to a freaking guide dog!!

Or perhaps I'm just clinging to some hope...

sparklyshoes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 111
Say What You Want : "I want to punch the writers sometimes"
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 22, 2010 10:25 am

sparklyshoes wrote:Is the thirs party definitely a love interest, or has that aspect just been assumed? There are all sprts of other options that could constitute a third party coming between B&B; from a new colleague to a baby to a freaking guide dog!!

Or perhaps I'm just clinging to some hope...

Marisa says that it's a romantic interest, but she also says when asked directly on twitter that it hasn't been filmed yet ( which means that it could change)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Sat May 22, 2010 10:33 am

treble21 wrote:Hmmm after reading all (finally) the comments on her post show chat, I've decided I really like Marisa, she's a fan of the show, which I enjoy.

I agree. I've started to follow her on twitter as a result. There I go, showing absolutely no interest in the show anymore. Laughing (I didn't say I was going to stop reading spoilers, Very Happy).

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sat May 22, 2010 11:28 am

Maybe the third party will be Brennan bringing back an orphan she adopted or something Laughing That would be a third party storyline I wouldn't immediately hate and would fit with the spoilers about them re-examining her desire to have a baby. LOL.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by boothgirl47 Sat May 22, 2010 11:33 am

I am really sorry that the show I have loved for so long has come to this....a 5th season that had a great beginning and then totally went downhill after the 100th. The writing is not up to the standards that were set in the first 3 seasons. I hope the show is successful next year but I don't have the heart to invest in it any longer. I will keep watching the boards .... who knows maybe after the baggage disappears ( Booth's new love interest) I'll watch again.

boothgirl47

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by cdngirl74 Sat May 22, 2010 11:55 am

I didn't love the finale, but I didn't hate it either. A kiss at the end probably would have made the difference, but I can live with it. I'm more concerned about the idea of Booth returning with a new love interest in S6. But after giving it some thought...what if Brennan returns knowing she missed the boat with Booth in the 100th, and determined to win him back? If done properly, I'll bet Brennan's (likely awkward) attempts to out compete the competition and charm, flirt, seduce her way back into Booth's heart would make for very entertaining TV. Assuming of course she wins in the end.

cdngirl74

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by boothbrennan13 Sat May 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Soooo. I'm not one for crazy-psycho theories. I don't like them, because they're always too good to be true! But I'm going to share this one, although I believe it to be 99.9999999% impossible (not necessarily irrational):
HH said that the hints to the S4 finale would click eventually, as to why thery were in this finale. So very out there, what if B&B DID have sex before Booth went to base? (HH has previously tweeted lyrics to the song played at the end of the ep..."He called me baby, baby, baby all night long".) Then whoops, one year later Bren is showing up at the reflecting pool with a *gorgeous* baby in her arms!

I know it's absoultely not going to happen, but it is fun to speculate! II'm excited for season 6!!!
boothbrennan13
boothbrennan13
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat May 22, 2010 3:44 pm

I just hope it means a fresh start with better perspective for all involved. Maybe after this, Brennan will be more open to pursue what she wants out of life (namely Booth, or so we think), and maybe Booth will stop acting so damn co-dependent towards Brennan. Like, I get he's supposed to be in love with her and all, but man, enough with the mooning.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sat May 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Here I go doing what I said I wouldn't...speculating...LOL! But Booth is still supposed to be "moving on" even though B&B have had their moments since the 100th. And one of the "big guys" have said that we would see in S6 whether Booth is successful in his attempt to move on...I'm guessing that it's Booth that comes back with a SO. But if it is, I don't think he would bring her to the reflecting pool....that would be so unlike him. Brennan didn't know about Tessa until she showed up at his apartment, he kept the stuff with Cam pretty well hidden for a bit and even then Brennan had to ask him about it, and he even tried to keep her from asking about Catherine, so it would be unlike him to drag her to the pool.

I've got so many questions....

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sanasus Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 am

boothbrennan13 wrote:Soooo. I'm not one for crazy-psycho theories. I don't like them, because they're always too good to be true! But I'm going to share this one, although I believe it to be 99.9999999% impossible (not necessarily irrational):
HH said that the hints to the S4 finale would click eventually, as to why thery were in this finale. So very out there, what if B&B DID have sex before Booth went to base? (HH has previously tweeted lyrics to the song played at the end of the ep..."He called me baby, baby, baby all night long".) Then whoops, one year later Bren is showing up at the reflecting pool with a *gorgeous* baby in her arms!

I know it's absoultely not going to happen, but it is fun to speculate! II'm excited for season 6!!!

I really want to know what happened between the end of the case and the airport. Really really. Especially if Brennan is wearing the St. Christopher pendant as a necklace (I don't know if it's been discussed on here yet but it's been all over twitter.) If Booth sneaked off the base then it's maybe plausible that they had already said goodbye to each other if they thought that was a possible issue... I think a baby at that point would be a bit too far though. Suspect

Looking at other posts in this thread... what really bothers me about the possibility of one of B&B (presumably Booth?) having a SO is that I can imagine that happening fine. What I can't imagine is one of them being in love with this new SO enough to invite them to Washington to live, especially given the pairs history. Seems a bit implausible to me! loco

Thinking about it, I think the SN interview really pushed me over the edge on finale night. It was 4am here and I'd stayed up all night and didn't even get a B&B hug. Hearing about a possible SO seemed awful and now I just feel bored with that idea. We've just had a SO. No In many ways I'm looking forward to the start of S6 but I'm worried about what it will bring, despite all these hints! In Squart I still sort of trust, in Fox I do not! Evil or Very Mad
sanasus
sanasus
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-13

http://www.twitter.com/sanasus

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun May 23, 2010 10:28 am

sanasus wrote:
boothbrennan13 wrote:Soooo. I'm not one for crazy-psycho theories. I don't like them, because they're always too good to be true! But I'm going to share this one, although I believe it to be 99.9999999% impossible (not necessarily irrational):

I really want to know what happened between the end of the case and the airport. Really really. Especially if Brennan is wearing the St. Christopher pendant as a necklace (I don't know if it's been discussed on here yet but it's been all over twitter.) If Booth sneaked off the base then it's maybe plausible that they had already said goodbye to each other if they thought that was a possible issue... I think a baby at that point would be a bit too far though. Suspect

Looking at other posts in this thread... what really bothers me about the possibility of one of B&B (presumably Booth?) having a SO is that I can imagine that happening fine. What I can't imagine is one of them being in love with this new SO enough to invite them to Washington to live, especially given the pairs history. Seems a bit implausible to me! loco

Thinking about it, I think the SN interview really pushed me over the edge on finale night. It was 4am here and I'd stayed up all night and didn't even get a B&B hug. Hearing about a possible SO seemed awful and now I just feel bored with that idea. We've just had a SO. No In many ways I'm looking forward to the start of S6 but I'm worried about what it will bring, despite all these hints! In Squart I still sort of trust, in Fox I do not! Evil or Very Mad

That is another issue I have about the third party nonsense. I can see them having flings, but I can't imagine one of them falling in love with someone else and bring them back to DC. And Marrissa said that the SO won't last long and that this show is not about B&B finding love with other people, so they don't sound very threatening to me, but we still have four months, so we shouldn't freak out about 2 sentences.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by hokorii Sun May 23, 2010 10:37 am

I dont think anyone would believe that either Booth or Brennan is going to actually fall in love with this other SO.

I mean realistically you can carry feelings of attraction and affection for one, while harboring deep feelings of love for another.

So I find it entirely plausible for Booth to come back from his year long leave and have a girlfriend. He doesn't necessarily have to bring her back with him either. There are a number of reasons she may come back to DC on her own, after all many military live in DC or in the surrounding Virginia cities.

Or lets say he doesn't bring them back at all! Perhaps we never even see this SO but they attempt to maintain a long distance relationship? I find that scenario unlikely though. After all, this SO is a plot device to push B/B toward each other. If the SO isn't present the overall effect will be lessened.
hokorii
hokorii
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun May 23, 2010 10:45 am

I thought Catherine was the device to push B&B together.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun May 23, 2010 10:53 am

And if Brennan is really wearing a St. Christopher medal that Booth gave her (talk about a social contract) and they promise to come back to each other, coming back with third parties would make the finale ending completely pointless. They can't wait to see each other and then "I would like you to meet my special someone." (they do come back with SOs, I don't think they would bring them to the reflecting pool).

I'm not completely convinced that Booth will bring back a SO because it is a little to early to tell what is going to happen based on a sentence. And I think when everyone first hears about possible third parties, they always freak out and assume the worst, but it's never really that bad. I can picture Booth meeting a beautiful surgeon over seas who he really likes, but I absolutely can not picture him falling so deeply in love with her that he asks her to marry him or come back to DC and move with him. If Booth is ever going to get really serious with a girl, like thinking about spending the rest of his life with him, it's going to be Brennan. Well, we all know that Brennan is the one that is going to love him for 30 or 40 or 50 yrs.

But I'm also not getting my hopes up over the St. Christopher medal because I thought the alarm clock symbolized something, but it didn't mean anything.

Last edited by jro54 on Sun May 23, 2010 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by hokorii Sun May 23, 2010 11:07 am

jro54 wrote:I thought Catherine was the device to push B&B together.

Catherine was the initial push to get the ball rolling, yes.

However, Catherine's presence and effect was largely negated by the fact that Brennan was trying to push Booth towards someone else so he would get what he wanted. She didn't want to hurt him, so she wanted him to fall for someone who could love him the way she felt he needed to be loved.

Now that Brennan is leaving on her year long trip, she will be confronted with her feelings. She will be alone (well Daisy will be there, lol) but emotionally she will be alone, without Sweets or Angela to influence her thinking or to push her in the right direction. She'll have to "get there" all on her own. I have to assume, and I think most people will, that she has gone there to reevaluate what Booth means to her and his place in her life. Does she love him the way he loves her? Does she want to watch him fall in love with someone else? These are things she'll be thinking about and hopefully she'll come back with the feeling that, yes, she does want to be with him romantically.

Now once she goes through all that, comes back and has made her mind up, and THEN finds Booth with another women it's going to effect her much more than Catherine ever did. Because now she truly knows what she's losing. This should push her in to "predator" mode where she attempts to seduce Booth back to her. (which I think will be fairly amusing and I really want to see because I love Brennan and everything she does is hilariously cute!)

So....I'll step off my soap box now >_> hehe
hokorii
hokorii
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun May 23, 2010 11:33 am

I don't know. I'm still not sold on this "Booth gets GF" nonsense...
If he does bring back of GF, I doubt we will see much of her because when he was with Cam and Tessa, we hardly never saw him with them and we never even saw his date with Catherine, so I doubt we will see much of his supposedly new SO. They would probably focus on Brennan mulling over her feelings for him.

I'm so done talking about this. I think it's really annoying when people speculate what is going to happen based on stupid spoilers and interviews. We still have four months guys. When we see sides and promos, then we can seriously talk about Booth's new 'love interest'.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next