Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The finale and what you think it means for next season

+48
gordongordonfan
katharine
dreamerktm411
Pat
joybrennan
the beaver1965
happylama2
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
sanasus
crzy4bones
heirofloki
boothbrennan13
cdngirl74
boothgirl47
DoctorB
sparklyshoes
spectacularviews
SnoopGirl
THX1138
mereva
hokorii
elyon
booksandbones
Dancin' Phalanges
adhma
Emme
HeyHey
kat0505
jsgemini
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
nati.cba
Beliskner
bones20
BBShipper
Lorna Doone
mommahurley
Kamera
tinkrella
jro54
Maureen
sarabrowncolorado
bonesparticulat
BumbleB89
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
52 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 7 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by jro54 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:59 am

joybrennan wrote:
jro54 wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:Jro54, I dislike her character immensely. Being a woman myself, I can't believe how she treats this not only GORGEOUS but nice man. I know this wont happen, but I want to see him hurt her likes she constantly hurts him.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Yes, they are...but honestly, I don't see how she constantly hurts him. She doesn't get basic social interactions, yes. She also gives as good as she gets. The classic: when Booth starts teasing her about "squints" she replies, "Oh, you mean people with very high IQs and basic reasoning skills?" As for hurting him romantically.... In season 1, Booth is dating Tessa, thus he's completely unavailable romantically. Why would Brennan think anything she did sexually with anyone would matter? In season 2, Booth has been hooking up with his ex, (not just what we see, but in talking it's clear that it's been going on for a while.) and Brennan knows this. Then, he stops with the Rebecca and hooks up with Cam. From a woman's perspective, no matter HOW I feel about this man, and how close and intimate our emotional relationship is, I would definitely feel that the man wasn't interested in me. Brennan finds out Booth went to Rebecca to Cam - not to her. Clearly then, she's not in the running. Then, when Booth breaks up with Cam, he tells Brennan that people who work together should never get involved romantically. He then basically asks her help to make sure it doesn't happen to them. She agrees, and in the NEXT episode, she starts the relationship with Sully. How is this hurting Booth? Even though it's clear there's an attraction, one that Brennan has been aware of since day one, (even before the hundredth, that was pretty clear.) Booth has just told her that he's hands off. She has NO indication that Booth wants her as anything but a friend.

In season 3, Booth starts connecting the dots for himself - that scene in the courtroom where she's suggesting that she's the killer instead of her, Booth is in awe of her. I'd say that's when he starts to realize his own emotions towards her. This is also the season where Brennan gets to deal with all the dad stuff.

In season 4, there is some hurtful stuff, but also really considerate stuff. She DOESN'T hook up with the smooth jerk because she knew it would bother Booth. Booth doesn't make a move himself though, does he? The only direct information she's had from him is that they should never get together. He gets mad when she starts pursuing getting her "biological needs" met, but he never suggests he would want more from her himself.

Now, her willingness to believe the lies Jared tells her about Booth, after everything Booth and her have been through, THAT, was hurtful. She was SO desperate to find something that would make her longing for Booth lessen, she was willing to believe his smooth-talking brother. Of course, Jaret DID make is interest known to her right up front, and Brennan needs things like that to be obvious. She also is too dense to realize the sibling rivalry issues at work. Her believing Jaret is something she REALLY regrets, AND, it's actually the "trigger" for Brennan to start investigating for herself if love, in the way Booth talks about it, could be real. From here on, B and B are trying to figure out if they could make this work. Booth starts flirting with her, (the librarian thing) and Brennan starts facing her fears about love - and her own worthiness. She wants Booth's baby...well, Cam voices the truth about that, she wants a connection to BOOTH. She can't tell him that though; she 's afraid of him rejecting her and tells him "he wouldn't have to be involved." She's trying to make it less loaded - unwittingly making it worse. However, Stewie, also had a point - Booth needed to "grow a set" and tell her not only that he couldn't be involved unless he was a real father to the kid, but that HE WANTED TO have a kid with her and be the father. Maybe all of that would have been worked out if there wasn't the whole brain tumor thing. That's why the brain tumor thing was thrown in - to slow down the process.

In season five, she's flipped out by her own writing and Booth's coma connection. She can't be completely sure if his feeling are real, and Booth can't either. (I am NOT going to get into just HOW lame that premise is. Rolling Eyes That's a completely different thread. :p) Hacker is introduced, and she tells him about the meatloaf. She doesn't realize just how much Booth has told her over the years that he hasn't told anyone else. When Booth expresses that, and his hurt, Brennan DUMPS Hacker, and takes BOOTH as her date to the museum, and Brennan opens up to love, and to Booth, more and more. She gets involved with Parker, with Booth's grandfather. She's the one who points out to Booth that he can't take time off to take care of Pops because he has to be able to take care of Parker. Then, there's the hundredth. Yes, she hurts him there. I'm not going to get into the hundredth, I think anyone whose been reading this forum for a while knows what I think of it. Very Happy

That's three times in five years - certainly not a constant.

I agree with you, joybrennan. You're overviews of B&B's progression of their feelings for each other are always great and very well said. thumbsup
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 7 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by the beaver1965 Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:43 am

Joybrennan, very well said. Even though I dislike her character,you make some valid points. The only thing that I might disagree with you, is if when Booth was with Rebecca and Cam, you state he didn't go to her for sex. Did you ever think that he didn't was because he was afraid he was going to get turned down, like he was in the 100th? As for her bragging about how great the sex was with Sully, I recall when her and Booth were in the diner with GordonGordon she stated that the sex with Sully was amazing. No matter what DB did in his personal life, I still LOVE LOVE him as Booth, and therefore I am biased towards him.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:32 am

I agree that Brennan says a lot of little comments that could be contrued as hurtful to Booth, but so does he toward her. It's their banter thing they've got going on.

She doesn't mind when he constantly corrects her in front of people on matters of "normal behavior" ... and he doesn't get hurt, more like chuckles to himself... when she says things like..."I already know how stupid you are..." ha ha ... loved that line.... It's their thing. So really until season 5 I don't think you can count anything that either of them has done, as hurtful...it's been their own cat and mouse flirtation game.

Now in season 5...yes that has hurt... because he's been vulnerable. However, she's vulnerable too. She almost lost the one person in her life, that loves her, and is her best friend, and promised to never betray her, her constant compainion...the person who "always cares where I am, and if I'm OK". He almost died, and in that moment she became aware of the fact that she needs to change. She's scared. He's scared, but he's stronger and more brave. She's actually got a strong outer shell, but a very vulnerable inner core.

I think that she introduced Hacker to see what Booth would do. He did nothing. He finally does something in the 100th, but she's afriad it will change everything...that he won't like what he gets, and will change his mind and she will disappoint him.

All leading up to now. She leaves for a year? Now I see hurt! And I don't get it! I get that Anthropology is exactly what she spent her whole life to do...and why should she miss the most prestigeous finding of her career? But why, if he truly loves her, did he not even offer to go with her and support her efforts? Perhaps this is a test..of sorts. "If he truly loves me, he will still be there when I get back" sort of thing. I don't know. I'm not crazy about it, but I'm at least getting over the shock and disappointment and ready to see what happens next.

As far as Brennan always hurting Booth...I think it has and does go both ways, but both usually come through for eachother when it counts. We shall see...

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:27 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Joybrennan, very well said. Even though I dislike her character,you make some valid points. The only thing that I might disagree with you, is if when Booth was with Rebecca and Cam, you state he didn't go to her for sex. Did you ever think that he didn't was because he was afraid he was going to get turned down, like he was in the 100th? As for her bragging about how great the sex was with Sully, I recall when her and Booth were in the diner with GordonGordon she stated that the sex with Sully was amazing. No matter what DB did in his personal life, I still LOVE LOVE him as Booth, and therefore I am biased towards him.
I love Booth also. I love you They are both great characters - can't imagine one without the other. Smile I'm looking forward to them going a bit deeper into Booth's past. There are definetely more layers that DB works with that we aren't privy to, yet. In answer to your question though, in season two I wouldn't think Booth was afraid of rejection. Her stated attitudes about sex are basically it's very enjoyable and she doesn't attach strings to it. If he suggested hooking up ( like he was with Rebecca) I don't think he'd be worrying about being turned down. You could, maybe, say he had concerns about sex interfering with their partnership. However, that's one of the same issues Brennan has had. Actually, it's interesting to me that for you it would be ok for Booth to be afraid of rejection, but it's not ok for Brennan. That's a heck of a bias. Razz

As for the GordonGordon thing, I forgot about that. However, she was asked a direct question about her relationship with Sully. Brennan doesn't lie, Laughing Aulso, that was the best thing about it for her - she wasn't in love. It kind of let's Booth know Sully wasn't about her heart. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:34 am

mommahurley wrote:I agree that Brennan says a lot of little comments that could be construed as hurtful to Booth, but so does he toward her. It's their banter thing they've got going on.

She doesn't mind when he constantly corrects her in front of people on matters of "normal behavior" ... and he doesn't get hurt, more like chuckles to himself... when she says things like..."I already know how stupid you are..." ha ha ... loved that line.... It's their thing. So really until season 5 I don't think you can count anything that either of them has done, as hurtful...it's been their own cat and mouse flirtation game.

Now in season 5...yes that has hurt... because he's been vulnerable. However, she's vulnerable too. She almost lost the one person in her life, that loves her, and is her best friend, and promised to never betray her, her constant compainion...the person who "always cares where I am, and if I'm OK". He almost died, and in that moment she became aware of the fact that she needs to change. She's scared. He's scared, but he's stronger and more brave. She's actually got a strong outer shell, but a very vulnerable inner core.

I think that she introduced Hacker to see what Booth would do. He did nothing. He finally does something in the 100th, but she's afriad it will change everything...that he won't like what he gets, and will change his mind and she will disappoint him.

All leading up to now. She leaves for a year? Now I see hurt! And I don't get it! I get that Anthropology is exactly what she spent her whole life to do...and why should she miss the most prestigeous finding of her career? But why, if he truly loves her, did he not even offer to go with her and support her efforts? Perhaps this is a test..of sorts. "If he truly loves me, he will still be there when I get back" sort of thing. I don't know. I'm not crazy about it, but I'm at least getting over the shock and disappointment and ready to see what happens next.

As far as Brennan always hurting Booth...I think it has and does go both ways, but both usually come through for each other when it counts. We shall see...

Very well said! I love your explaination of their banter! Laughing Especially the point that she never reacts when he corrects her - even when with other people. She doesn't have a sense that it COULD be embarrassing, which is why Booth laughs off so muuch of her stuff. HE KNOWS there isn't malice. Razz

Thanks for trying to justify the whole year apart thing...it's a gimick. I do think that even if the 100th had ended more appropriately, with a baby step towards trying a relationship, Brennan would still have this issue of who she is and why is she doing this crime solving thing. They have actually structured it so that (unlike almost EVERY other time she's gone away) she really has valid reasons for going and as well as personal stuff. Booth going back into the military, now, that's a bunch of B.S. . His whole reason for being in the FBI is supposed to be atoning for his military past. So, what, now he's ok with it? If he didn't want to be around while Brennan was away I'm sure he could have transfered to a differentt detail, taken a leave of absence, or yeah, offer to go with Brennan.
However, because of the stupid ending of the hundredth, I can't see Booth suggesting he go with her. The invitation would have needed to come from Brennan. Still, the military/warzone thing is basically to create more melodramatic angst. The whole situation just sucks. Evil or Very Mad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:02 am

joybrennan wrote:
mommahurley wrote:I agree that Brennan says a lot of little comments that could be construed as hurtful to Booth, but so does he toward her. It's their banter thing they've got going on.

As far as Brennan always hurting Booth...I think it has and does go both ways, but both usually come through for each other when it counts. We shall see...

Very well said! I love your explaination of their banter! Laughing Especially the point that she never reacts when he corrects her - even when with other people. She doesn't have a sense that it COULD be embarrassing, which is why Booth laughs off so muuch of her stuff. HE KNOWS there isn't malice. Razz

Thanks for trying to justify the whole year apart thing...it's a gimick. I do think that even if the 100th had ended more appropriately, with a baby step towards trying a relationship, Brennan would still have this issue of who she is and why is she doing this crime solving thing. They have actually structured it so that (unlike almost EVERY other time she's gone away) she really has valid reasons for going and as well as personal stuff. Booth going back into the military, now, that's a bunch of B.S. . His whole reason for being in the FBI is supposed to be atoning for his military past. So, what, now he's ok with it? If he didn't want to be around while Brennan was away I'm sure he could have transfered to a differentt detail, taken a leave of absence, or yeah, offer to go with Brennan.
However, because of the stupid ending of the hundredth, I can't see Booth suggesting he go with her. The invitation would have needed to come from Brennan. Still, the military/warzone thing is basically to create more melodramatic angst. The whole situation just sucks. Evil or Very Mad

I couldn't agree with you more. He just should never have even considered doing that. It's like "she doesn't love me...my dad didn't love me...my mother whatever her story is abandonded me...my brother let me down...the mother of my kid doesn't love me...and my son couldn't care less if I go...so I guess i'll just go punish and hurt myself some more so I can have even more to feel guilty about"...It just doesn't make sense. Sure he will "save lives" of american soldiers...so they can what?...take other lives? It's still war. It's still lives being lost. He was saving lives as an FBI agent. It just doesn't make sense. It sucks! But I'm trying really hard to stop being so angry and just find a way to make it possible for myself to still like this show, and spin it to make it ok. It's pretty tough!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am

I LOVE both Booth's and Brennan's characters. I understand why people don't like Brennan's character because some of the things she says are kind of hurtful and she def hurt him the 100th (but I don't think she means to) but I don't see how Booth is the sad little love puppy and Brennan is the "bad guy". It took him 5 years to just grow a set and make a move, so Brennan could do whatever she wants with any guy because she doesn't think Booth cares for her like that in until the 100th.

I also don't see how her fling with Sully "hurt" Booth. She had no idea that he was into her like that. I forgot about the scene with Brennan, GG and Booth, but I don't think she was "bragging" to Booth. To me, bragging is blurting something out like, "sex was amazing", but in instead Gordon Gordon asks her a direct question about her relationship with Sully and she doesn't lie. And like joybrennan said, I like to think that it was to show Booth that she wasn't "in love" with Sully and that it was just about sex...But that is just the way I look at it.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:00 am

I love them both just the way the writters created them. Brennan is acting like Brennan. However I do agree that Booth needs some time away from Brennan for his own good. Booth wheres his heart on his sleeve and always will. (Most likely) I would rather have Brennan like this than do a complete 360 character change, and she has come a long way and that is good enough for me. Surprised
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 68
Say What You Want : Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones, Uh...and Bones GO B&B
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:05 am

jro54 wrote:I LOVE both Booth's and Brennan's characters. I understand why people don't like Brennan's character because some of the things she says are kind of hurtful and she def hurt him the 100th (but I don't think she means to) but I don't see how Booth is the sad little love puppy and Brennan is the "bad guy". It took him 5 years to just grow a set and make a move, so Brennan could do whatever she wants with any guy because she doesn't think Booth cares for her like that in until the 100th.

I also don't see how her fling with Sully "hurt" Booth. She had no idea that he was into her like that. I forgot about the scene with Brennan, GG and Booth, but I don't think she was "bragging" to Booth. To me, bragging is blurting something out like, "sex was amazing", but in instead Gordon Gordon asks her a direct question about her relationship with Sully and she doesn't lie. And like joybrennan said, I like to think that it was to show Booth that she wasn't "in love" with Sully and that it was just about sex...But that is just the way I look at it.

I agree. I don't think Sully hurt booth. Not in the way that her dating someone now would, anyway. Booth was just with Cam before brennan got with Sully! I think both of them in season two were still very much compartmentalizing their feeling. That line was drawn...and they went about trying to deal with. Maybe Sully is when booth first realized "oh crap...I don't like her with anyone else." but, I don't get how you can say brennan hurt booth by dating sully. Now hacker and jared i can understand...but i feel like brennan can't be faulted for being with sully anymore than booth can be faulted for being with cam.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:57 am

THIS THREAD IS THE BEST!!! After reading all the viewpoints on why Brennan is the way she is, I might have been wrong to hate her character the way I do. I wont lie and say that I will watch the Sully episodes( His character was annoying), but you are ALL right. She didn't know how Booth might have felt about her. But If she comes back with a Significant Other, after knowing how Booth feels about her, then my original impression of her was correct.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:10 pm

I can understand Hacker and Jared, but I don't think she hurts Booth intentionally. Like in the 100th, she thinks that she is not worthy of Booth's love, so by being apart, she thinks she can protect him, but what she doesn't realize is that not being together will hurt him even more.

I also don't think she never really knows that Booth is interested in her until the 100th. For 5 years, he has never made a move and I think from an outsiders perspective, it is so obvious that Booth is in love with her, but if we were in Brennan's situation, I don't think we would know. Angela tries to tell her, but she blows it off because she really doesn't understand how could anyone ever really love her.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Jro54, She knows how he feels about her now. Just so I understand, are you saying if she comes back with another lover, that would be okay? I might be misunderstanding you.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 pm

the beaver1965 wrote:Jro54, She knows how he feels about her now. Just so I understand, are you saying if she comes back with another lover, that would be okay? I might be misunderstanding you.

NO. I think it was it okay for Brennan to date Sully in S2 because she might not know how he feels about her then, but in S6, NO WAY. If I have to see her rub noses with a dorky scientist while Booth just sits there with his sad puppy dog face on, I'm going to GAG. puke

ButI actually think it is more likely if Booth comes back with a SO because SN and DB keep talking about how Booth is going to "try" to move on, but they don't say that he actually "will." To me, seeing Booth with a sexy nurse for two episodes wouldn't be as bad because I wouldn't blame him and Brennan didn't give him any reason to wait for her. That poor guy needs a brake.

But I also think this SO crap might be BS at this point because only Marisa and Ausiello (who I think are full of crap) said so, but no one who works ON Bones has actually confirmed it yet. It's all just speculation.

Last edited by jro54 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Assuming the SO theory is true, it doesn't make any sense to me that it would be Brennan, she left to gain perspective, he told her he was moving on at the end of the 100th ( and never retracted that statement). It makes sense it would be Booth that comes back with a SO
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:58 pm

This is kind off topic, but I wonder if Booth is going to come home with some emotional/psychological issues from training soldiers who died. It would be completely unrealistic for him not to. But if he comes home emotionally tortured and messed up, could also come home with a GF because I just can't picture "happy" Booth with the sexy nurse and "emotionally messed up" Booth at the same time, unless the sexy nurse is there to help him get over his issues, but I would think the whole "exploring his past and inner demons" thing would be for Brennan to see how damaged he is on the in side.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:52 pm

treble21 wrote:Assuming the SO theory is true, it doesn't make any sense to me that it would be Brennan, she left to gain perspective, he told her he was moving on at the end of the 100th ( and never retracted that statement). It makes sense it would be Booth that comes back with a SO

To me, it doesn't make sense for either of them to come back with a SO. Well, I mean, it does for Booth because he is supposed to be "moving on, " but then it doesn't because if Brennan needs a year to gain perspective and comes back ready to start a relationship with him, seeing him with another woman will only reinforce that belief of she can't have him.

But then I'm also having a bad feeling that the writers only wrote the separation and the SOs in (assuming if they are true) right now because sometime it seems like they only want to make fans talk. whether they are happy or not.

But after a good night sleep, I'll be back to my old positive, optimistic self again.
Wink
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:21 pm

the beaver1965 wrote:THIS THREAD IS THE BEST!!! After reading all the viewpoints on why Brennan is the way she is, I might have been wrong to hate her character the way I do. I wont lie and say that I will watch the Sully episodes( His character was annoying), but you are ALL right. She didn't know how Booth might have felt about her. But If she comes back with a Significant Other, after knowing how Booth feels about her, then my original impression of her was correct.
Brennan won't have time or interest in having sex with anyone. When she gets into these interspecies whatever thingys she'll be be completely absorbed. This is the woman who Cam and Angela have to babysit when she's figuring out bone fragments because she'll work for 24 hours and forget to eat and fall asleep at her desk. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:14 am

Joy, I hope you are right, but I have my doubts, because this just kind of shit that Hanson will pull on us.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:24 am

joybrennan wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:THIS THREAD IS THE BEST!!! After reading all the viewpoints on why Brennan is the way she is, I might have been wrong to hate her character the way I do. I wont lie and say that I will watch the Sully episodes( His character was annoying), but you are ALL right. She didn't know how Booth might have felt about her. But If she comes back with a Significant Other, after knowing how Booth feels about her, then my original impression of her was correct.
Brennan won't have time or interest in having sex with anyone. When she gets into these interspecies whatever thingys she'll be be completely absorbed. This is the woman who Cam and Angela have to babysit when she's figuring out bone fragments because she'll work for 24 hours and forget to eat and fall asleep at her desk. :lol:

I so hope that you are right also. They each just have to think of their alternate universe experiences (Las Vegas fight episode, coma episode, circus episode) when they were so happy they didn't want to return to their "real" existence. Why can't they see that the joy they experienced in the AU's is available. Maybe HH&Co could put them undercover somewhere pretending to be a typical, happy committed couple. Like witness protection for the emotionally-fragile!

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:46 am

Pat wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
Brennan won't have time or interest in having sex with anyone. When she gets into these interspecies whatever thingys she'll be be completely absorbed. This is the woman who Cam and Angela have to babysit when she's figuring out bone fragments because she'll work for 24 hours and forget to eat and fall asleep at her desk. Laughing

I so hope that you are right also. They each just have to think of their alternate universe experiences (Las Vegas fight episode, coma episode, circus episode) when they were so happy they didn't want to return to their "real" existence. Why can't they see that the joy they experienced in the AU's is available. Maybe HH&Co could put them undercover somewhere pretending to be a typical, happy committed couple. Like witness protection for the emotionally-fragile!

To me, it makes more sense if Booth comes backs with a SO because is supposed to be "moving on", But we all know he will never completely move on.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:15 am

Frankly, if it has to be anyone, I hope it's Daisy. Then Sweets can go to therapy with Dr. Gordon. Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:29 am

joybrennan wrote:Frankly, if it has to be anyone, I hope it's Daisy. Then Sweets can go to therapy with Dr. Gordon. Twisted Evil

Me too! I recall HH saying something about S&D's relationship being a see saw to B&B's relationship, so if S&D don't wait for each other, I guess B&B will?? IDK.
Realistically, I don't think S&D will wait for each other because they are young and they are "in love" but it seems like it's more of just in the moment kind of love where as B&B are meant to be and they are each others BIG LOVE.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:40 am

I don't even know what to make of the potential SO storyline anymore..The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. It makes NO sense at all. Booth in a war zone? Coming back with a SO, and potential "issues". It's plausible I guess, but I'm not really sold on it. But then again I wasn't sold on the Army storyline either so whatever.
If Sweets and Daisy come back with others, are we really going to care? I won't. So that wouldn't make much sense either.
Hopefully it's just a plant storyline from HH to keep us talking about the show over the summer. With any luck he's gotten enough backlash to reconsider, but I doubt it. We don't know anything for sure until the sides come out or someone from the show confirms it. Regardless, it's a really STUPID attempt to stall the inevitable.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:50 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I don't even know what to make of the potential SO storyline anymore..The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. It makes NO sense at all. .Booth in a war zone? Coming back with a SO, and potential "issues". It's plausible I guess, but I'm not really sold on it But then again I wasn't sold on the Army storyline either so whatever.
If Sweets and Daisy come back with others, are we really going to care? I won't. So that wouldn't make much sense either.
Hopefully it's just a plant storyline from HH to keep us talking about the show over the summer. With any luck he's gotten enough backlash to reconsider, but I doubt it. We don't know anything for sure until the sides come out or someone from the show confirms it. Regardless, it's a really STUPID attempt to stall the inevitable.

I think it would be completely unrealistic for Booth to come home issues and a GF. I just can't picture "happy" Booth with a sexy nurse and "emotional tortured messed up" Booth at the same time, I quess it could happen. IDK
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:57 am

jro54 wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I don't even know what to make of the potential SO storyline anymore..The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. It makes NO sense at all. .Booth in a war zone? Coming back with a SO, and potential "issues". It's plausible I guess, but I'm not really sold on it But then again I wasn't sold on the Army storyline either so whatever.

I think it would be completely unrealistic for Booth to come home issues and a GF. I just can't picture "happy" Booth with a sexy nurse and "emotional tortured messed up" Booth at the same time, I quess it could happen. IDK

I know. Realistically it's more likely for Brennan to come home with a SO (My husband and I actually have a bet going on-he thinks it will be Brennan, I think it will be Booth) Brennan won't come home with the emotional baggage that Booth is likely too, but isn't the whole time jump/year apart for her to put things into perspective? Her job, her partnership, and what her relationship to Booth means? So she is supposed to love Booth but she's afraid to hurt him. And she's on an island to gain perspective on that, only to come home with someone else? Sorry-not buying that either. We are supposed to believe in this relationship, that these 2 characters belong together, but after 8 years they are hooking up with other people? I'd like to know what math gets HH to that conclusion. Personally I think he's loco
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next