Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The finale and what you think it means for next season

+48
gordongordonfan
katharine
dreamerktm411
Pat
joybrennan
the beaver1965
happylama2
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
sanasus
crzy4bones
heirofloki
boothbrennan13
cdngirl74
boothgirl47
DoctorB
sparklyshoes
spectacularviews
SnoopGirl
THX1138
mereva
hokorii
elyon
booksandbones
Dancin' Phalanges
adhma
Emme
HeyHey
kat0505
jsgemini
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
nati.cba
Beliskner
bones20
BBShipper
Lorna Doone
mommahurley
Kamera
tinkrella
jro54
Maureen
sarabrowncolorado
bonesparticulat
BumbleB89
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
52 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 9 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by gordongordonfan Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:36 pm

To piggy back onto that... is Pops Booth's mom's dad,... or his dad's dad?? I just rewatched the GitG and Pops just refers to the fact that "he was beating my grandson" when describing how he told Booth's dad to leave... ??? (I could've missed it cause I was tired! LOL)

Also, I kinda like the rotating interns myself. With Zach not there, I prefer them to keep rotating. I also agree with HH that the rotating interns give more story material as the show goes longer... (and of course they're gonna need that material... I think any show does as the season "rack up" and they need storylines.)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 9 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by future_anthro Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:52 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:To piggy back onto that... is Pops Booth's mom's dad,... or his dad's dad?? I just rewatched the GitG and Pops just refers to the fact that "he was beating my grandson" when describing how he told Booth's dad to leave... ??? (I could've missed it cause I was tired! LOL)
Pops is Booths dads dad. In the FitF he says something along the lines of "when i saw my son hitting Seeley, beating that little kid".
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 pm

I think I used to be able to say that I could always be in sync with this show and hope that each new episode brought about such charasmatic banter and flirting that it made me want to tune in each week. S5 has not made me feel that way. Well probably from the near end of S4.
Don't get me wrong, I want Booth and Brennan as a couple, but not the way it's happening now.
IMO, from the latter part of S4 to the end of S5 was the shows attempts to say, here you go, this is what you wanted, isn't it? Well, no. At the end of S4, it was let's have a baby, no I can't tonight honey, I have a brain tumor. Then I think I might be in love with you but I really might have dreamt it.
Enter S5 and I know I am in love with you, but everyone tells me I'm not, or if I am, don't tell you because it'll scare you off. And then, I can't remember half of what made me who I am as a man or an agent. Then I get told to have patience and hope and grow a set at the same time. I had patience, hope, I grew a set and you shot me to hell.
Then we both acted like high schoolers and found someone else, two very boring someone elses.
I will have to say I found some good points to S5, a couple of episodes I really liked. I think they were everyone elses favorites too.
So S5 finale, I was one who didn't really like it at all. Then I had some time to simmer and I liked it better, but not loved it. I felt the depth of the hand holding and saw the expressions. I would have even loved it if Booth leaned in and whispered something in her ear, just for some closeness.
Something, we wouldn't have been privy to. I think that might have even made me happier. I know the hand holding was much more that just 2 people at an airport saying - hey thanks for the lift I'll see in when I get back in a year. But it still left me a bit empty.

So S6, Booth returning with a hot nurse that he worked with or helped him recover from a battle scar. You know, the SO theory that has already been leaked. It bugs me that in the scene at the airport they gripped hands to tightly, finished each other's sentence, for one of them (Booth) to find someone else while away. I think that is just shoddy writing, if it happens. Just another bad plot device.

What about maybe Brennan returns from her dig, jazzed up with excitement over her 1st passion and decides to stay with the Jeffersonian but still work only on old dead people. And maybe Booth works with the squints, Cam, the interns, including a new hot sexy babe. Mmmmm, me thinks Brennan might not like that idea so much. Maybe old dead people wouldn't be as exciting after all. I could take that for 2 or 3 episodes. A little light banter between B&B in her office or at the end of the day, he discusses the case where the hot sexy new intern helped out so much. Or Brennan sees them flirting while in the lab. That would all be harmless, but would bring out that jealousy that I think we all need out of Brennan.
I also want a new bad guy(girl). We need one desperately. Those were some of the exciting cases. Especially someone like Epps, he was good. I would even settle for GD's accomplice going after Brennan. Maybe bring a little spunk back to her and some ass kicking back to Booth. That could pop up near the around episode 6 or 7, go through to #10.
I as most of you, would also like to delve into Booth's past. Learn more parent stuff and meet his bastard of a father. And not that I want something bad to happen to Pops, but I think that would make for a good plot device.
Then low and behold, cupid could strike, after some battles with the new evil in town and Booth's scared past. Brennan wakes up out of her coma dream, you know the one she's been in for 5, 6, or 7 (hell I don't remember) years and realizes that hot, hunk of burning love, Seeley Joseph Booth, is the love of her life. Then the rest of the season, we have a match made in awkward dating hell. There could be some funny scenes there. We all know those two on a real date would make for some awkward laughs.
I have the sad thoughts that would get us to the end of S6 and I'm starting to think we might not get a S7.
I'll keep a chin up and hope for any, part or all of my scenarios to happen. I don't think any of it will and I'll just be as depressed from September 2010 to May 2011 as I am right now.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:46 pm

What if the SO turns out to be someone we already know, like Rebecca. The way I see it, he would need to talk to her on a weekly basis to find out how Parker's doing. During these phone conversations, they talk about their past and present. Booth, believing he has no future with Bones, decides that when he comes back he has to make Parker's happiness his top priority. Thinking that Parker would want to see his parents together, he decides to revisit his past relationship with Rebecca. The weekly phone conversations could reawaken the feelings each of them had for each other, and they could mutually decide to give it a shot when he comes back.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:49 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:What if the SO turns out to be someone we already know, like Rebecca. The way I see it, he would need to talk to her on a weekly basis to find out how Parker's doing. During these phone conversations, they talk about their past and present. Booth, believing he has no future with Bones, decides that when he comes back he has to make Parker's happiness his top priority. Thinking that Parker would want to see his parents together, he decides to revisit his past relationship with Rebecca. The weekly phone conversations could reawaken the feelings each of them had for each other, and they could mutually decide to give it a shot when he comes back.
Sorry, but I personally find this particular scenario terrible. (As well as SO thing in general.)
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:15 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:What if the SO turns out to be someone we already know, like Rebecca. The way I see it, he would need to talk to her on a weekly basis to find out how Parker's doing. During these phone conversations, they talk about their past and present. Booth, believing he has no future with Bones, decides that when he comes back he has to make Parker's happiness his top priority. Thinking that Parker would want to see his parents together, he decides to revisit his past relationship with Rebecca. The weekly phone conversations could reawaken the feelings each of them had for each other, and they could mutually decide to give it a shot when he comes back.

Not happening, unless they recast the role. The actress that plays her has a role on Grey's Anatomy.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:30 am

future_anthro wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:To piggy back onto that... is Pops Booth's mom's dad,... or his dad's dad?? I just rewatched the GitG and Pops just refers to the fact that "he was beating my grandson" when describing how he told Booth's dad to leave... ??? (I could've missed it cause I was tired! LOL)
Pops is Booths dads dad. In the FitF he says something along the lines of "when i saw my son hitting Seeley, beating that little kid".

Thanks! I meant FitF not GitG! LOL I'm rewatching all of season 5 right now. I've actually rewatched season 1 through 4 in the past couple months anyway so it's 5's turn... plus I want to see how they flow together when watched kinda close together over a week or two. I missed the 'son' in that line I guess when Pops said that! I thought it was his dad's dad but I wasn't sure it was said anywhere! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Not only is Hanson going to revisit the Brennan wants to have a baby story line from S4, but now I read that we might finally see what was in the letter that Brennan wrote in the first gravedigger episode of S2. ONLY TOOK 4 YEARS. He is scrambling for plots.
and he is scrambling because he doesn't want to go where the story would naturally take him. Information about family, etc, would naturally come up if they got romantically involved - it always does. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 am

Let me preface this by saying that this JUST MY OPINION!!! I sincerely believe that if there is not a MAJOR foward movement in the B/B relationship within the first 3 episodes of S6, there are a lot of fans(not all) that are just going to give up on this show. Hanson might be lot of things, but one thing I am sure of, he is not DUMB. He painted himself into a corner with the 100th, and this is the only way he can get out. His old standby trick of SIGNIFICANT OTHERS is not going to work anymore for a lot of people. Those type of storylines are so ridiculous, they are laughable. As September approaches, we will see Emily be the their lead person in trying to explain how things are going to get better. People seem to trust her. A majority of the fans DO NOT trust HH,DB and especially SN ANYMORE. Let me reiterate JMO!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:13 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Let me preface this by saying that this JUST MY OPINION!!! I sincerely believe that if there is not a MAJOR foward movement in the B/B relationship within the first 3 episodes of S6, there are a lot of fans(not all) that are just going to give up on this show. Hanson might be lot of things, but one thing I am sure of, he is not DUMB. He painted himself into a corner with the 100th, and this is the only way he can get out. His old standby trick of SIGNIFICANT OTHERS is not going to work anymore for a lot of people. Those type of storylines are so ridiculous, they are laughable. As September approaches, we will see Emily be the their lead person in trying to explain how things are going to get better. People seem to trust her. A majority of the fans DO NOT trust HH,DB and especially SN ANYMORE. Let me reiterate JMO!!!

true. people are going to be looking for the season premiere to be b&b's happily ever after. it probably won't live up to their expectations, and fans are going to get mad.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:21 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Let me preface this by saying that this JUST MY OPINION!!! I sincerely believe that if there is not a MAJOR foward movement in the B/B relationship within the first 3 episodes of S6, there are a lot of fans(not all) that are just going to give up on this show. Hanson might be lot of things, but one thing I am sure of, he is not DUMB. He painted himself into a corner with the 100th, and this is the only way he can get out. His old standby trick of SIGNIFICANT OTHERS is not going to work anymore for a lot of people. Those type of storylines are so ridiculous, they are laughable. As September approaches, we will see Emily be the their lead person in trying to explain how things are going to get better. People seem to trust her. A majority of the fans DO NOT trust HH,DB and especially SN ANYMORE. Let me reiterate JMO!!!
I TOTALLY agree with you! Only you're being more generous than I am. Smile If they come in with SO's or, like she says she's ready to try and he's too traumatized by some war thing, or he's got brain cancer and wants to "spare her" the pain by pushing her away, or WHATEVER, in the opener, fans are gonna start dropping. Does it need to be a major make out session? No. But they need to end up agreeing on, "giving it a try" without all the stupid melodramatic talk about couples being together for 40 or 50 years. Some hesitation from Booth would make sense: he may ask to take it slow, because if they make love and she bolts it would break his heart. Maybe she doesn't want to do the crime solving anymore, but does want to be with him. There are lots of ways to have conflict and tension without keeping them apart romantically.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 am

It's gonna take a lot more than some people dropping the show for Fox and co. to hit the panic button. This is complete conjecture from me. (just so this doesn't go down as fact) but, it seems to me that it's the network stalling with the whole BB thing and not HH. Season four and even most of five was set up for a very natural/organic progression of them getting together sooner rather than later and then the end of season five went completely 180 in the opposite direction. If Fox is thinking longevity and wanting to get a few more seasons out of the show, they may have balked at getting them together. We'll never know. But, it's just a feeling I have. If that's the case, nothing but a HUGE ratings nose dive will change it. And....I honestly don't see that happening. Something small, maybe. But not something huge. We must remember fans online don't represent the majority and many could care less if BB get together or not.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:49 am

If people think that the negative response that a lot of fans professed about the finale is not getting to HH,think again. He is getting more and more irritated if you go by his Tweets. His new one is If you don't like the show DON'T WATCH. If this wasn't a sign that negativity is getting to him, he would have not responded. If things on this show don't get better, a lot of fans are going to take his ADVISE.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:23 am

dreamerktm411 wrote:

true. people are going to be looking for the season premiere to be b&b's happily ever after. it probably won't live up to their expectations, and fans are going to get mad.

If fans are mad because the season premiere doesn't live up to their expectations then they only have themselves to blame. Period. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the season premiere is not going to be B&B's happily ever after. I feel more and more sorry for HH & Co, by the day....there is no possible way that they can make everyone happy. If you are going into the premiere looking for happily ever after then you are only setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm a Shipper...and for most of my life I have been a glass half empty girl....but I'm just going along for the ride and see where it leads...after all, it's just a tv show. If I don't like it, I can change the channel..

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:01 am

the beaver1965 wrote:If people think that the negative response that a lot of fans professed about the finale is not getting to HH,think again. He is getting more and more irritated if you go by his Tweets. His new one is If you don't like the show DON'T WATCH. If this wasn't a sign that negativity is getting to him, he would have not responded. If things on this show don't get better, a lot of fans are going to take his ADVISE.

Umm that tweet was directed at specifically at DripPan who consistently sends HH tweets about how much he hates the writing, they have been sparing with each other on there for quite sometime. that was not directed at everyone, and the actual tweet is

@DripPan Find a show you LIKE and watch it on television. That's how mentally stable people conduct their lives.

and while I agree with you that there are many that are angry about the finale and will stop watching if things don't change, the bulk of the anger is coming from internet fans, I have friends that watch that are not part of any online fan sites that had no issues with this season. So I don't think the internet is the best barometer for how many people will really stop watching the show.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:54 am

tinkrella wrote:It's gonna take a lot more than some people dropping the show for Fox and co. to hit the panic button. This is complete conjecture from me. (just so this doesn't go down as fact) but, it seems to me that it's the network stalling with the whole BB thing and not HH. Season four and even most of five was set up for a very natural/organic progression of them getting together sooner rather than later and then the end of season five went completely 180 in the opposite direction. If Fox is thinking longevity and wanting to get a few more seasons out of the show, they may have balked at getting them together. We'll never know. But, it's just a feeling I have. If that's the case, nothing but a HUGE ratings nose dive will change it. And....I honestly don't see that happening. Something small, maybe. But not something huge. We must remember fans online don't represent the majority and many could care less if BB get together or not.

I am not sure that last statement is accurate. An antedotal point: I have been into Bones since the first episode. I didn't look at a fansite until the end of season 4, and didn't join one until about halfway until 5. My aunt, who is an avid Bones fan at 70 (a fact I only found out last summer, when she heard me talking about it with a friend) started watching from day one because she liked the books the show was based on. Even though she quickly realized the show wasn't like the books, she liked the relationship between the leads. She's a total shipper and has never been on a fan site in her life. She doesn't even like email. Laughing I suspect that the general public has a similar split as the online community.

This is because Bones has always be marketed as a relationship procedural. Notice relationship is listed first. It's a particular kind of show that will attract a certain segment of audience. Hart has always maintained that the show was about the relationship. They've gone after an audience that has an interest in romantically inclined leads. It stands to reason that if the show has been marketed as being about these two quirky characters who have chemistry and solve crimes, that a good portion of the people who are watching Bones - and not CSI, which is in same time slot - are interested in the relationship between B&B and are probably equally fed up.

On the other hand a person who IS watching for the cases, DEFINITELY is fed up. The work they have to do to keep B&B apart is so convoluted, that there really isn't much space left to build a good case. The writers have to focus their energy on going against the natural flow of the characters development and story to create reasons why they don't start dating already. It's dragging down the quality of the show. People interested in cases - they have probably already migrating to CSI. Rolling Eyes

I do think the network has something to do with the sudden shift, but it's a bad move. I do think if they try to keep milking the "will they/won't they" thing there WILL be a significant ratings drop. Even a consistent drop of a couple of points in the first half of the season will shake up advertisers - and that would be a problem for Fox - and for Bones. Sad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am

Even though we might disagree, I respect everybody's opinion on this thread. Some posters have indicated that the network might not want to put them together. That could be,but Hanson has said as recent as early 2010 at a conference in Toronto that he will keep them apart until the very end. So yes, the network might dictate to him what they want,but he had no intention of doing anything differently anyway.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:02 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
dreamerktm411 wrote:

If fans are mad because the season premiere doesn't live up to their expectations then they only have themselves to blame. Period. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the season premiere is not going to be B&B's happily ever after. I feel more and more sorry for HH & Co, by the day....there is no possible way that they can make everyone happy. If you are going into the premiere looking for happily ever after then you are only setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm a Shipper...and for most of my life I have been a glass half empty girl....but I'm just going along for the ride and see where it leads...after all, it's just a tv show. If I don't like it, I can change the channel..

I pretty much agree. Personally, I know Brennan and Booth are going to end up together at least by the last episode. That's enough for me. What happens, happens.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:47 pm

[quote="dreamerktm411"][quote="crzy4bones"]
dreamerktm411 wrote:

"...people are going to be looking for the season premiere to be b&b's happily ever after. it probably won't live up to their expectations, and fans are going to get mad.

It's funny that you mentioned happily ever after. The fairytale model is really one I wish they'd lose. There is no "happily ever after." Even the kids' "Shrek" franchise has figured that out. The story of a relationship doesn't end when the characters get together. Maybe in the 40's and 50's when people were watching "The Perils of Penelope." It's 2010 and people have been watching "The Sopranos." The audience has gotten far more knowledgeable and sophisticated for "Happily Ever After." Cable shows are already hip to this. I hope network tv can catch up. "House" gives me some hope - and I wasn't a shipper for that show. However, the gradual changes in House were very believable and well done, and Cutti's reaction to those changes equally so. Do I think they will be "happily ever after?" Not particularly, but it absolutely is going to be interesting. Note that no one is writing articles about if this should be the last season for "House." If Bones keeps on the track they're on, B&B will get together at the end of the season - which will also be the end of the series because they'll have stretched it out so long no one will care.

Just to add a bit of positivity, I do think it's possible that Hart WON'T keep them apart - that the network pushed for this split and the feedback may be enough to let them let Hart move forward and "go for a different outcome." It's possible, especially if they are doing a compare and contrast between House and Bones - both of which are strong revenue makers in ads and syndication7 rights. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:57 am

Reading through the last several pages I've got to say was interesting. I personally think Season 6 is the Maker or Break season for Bones. If they don't handle it right a lot of longtime fans will bail because we're starting to feel like dupes here. Of course bailing could trigger the network to intervene if they haven't already. I think FOX is watching this show closely, and from one perspective the show has definitely gotten the Network's full attention because A) They've got a big enough audience that they're a major stake for the network when it comes to advertisers and B) They've proven to be a strong competitor in their time slot, defeating rival shows and showing positive growth in share each year they've been around. As a result I can totally see FOX execs interfering more and more - I'd say a case could be made that they have been since the end of S4. If so I bet they were the architects of our current miserable dilemma. I can totally see someone at the FOX brain trust saying:

"Hey, keep that whole 'will they/won't they' thing going, 'cause my kids' nanny's au pair said she read something about this 'Moonlighting Curse' to the gardener, and from what I can gather we don't want that or my hydrangeas will die..."

After all most network execs get their jobs through superior ass kissing ability, not actual skill or knowledge about what makes a good show or what the public likes, otherwise network programming wouldn't resemble a pack of lemmings on maneuvers where one network's "new idea" (read, something one of them saw on European TV last summer) is the other fours' "new direction" (read, bad rip-off of a poor imitation of a mediocre European show). So IMO it's totally believable that the suits decided to push for B&B to stay apart thinking that we poor schlubs will just keep showing up every Thursday. If that's right then we should be able to watch the ratings drop at most 1 full point and before long B&B will be having sex on his desk, her desk, and the exam tables on the platform. Not that I'm advocating we do anything like that. I'm just saying...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 am

THX1138 wrote:Reading through the last several pages I've got to say was interesting. I personally think Season 6 is the Maker or Break season for Bones. If they don't handle it right a lot of longtime fans will bail because we're starting to feel like dupes here. Of course bailing could trigger the network to intervene if they haven't already. I think FOX is watching this show closely, and from one perspective the show has definitely gotten the Network's full attention because A) They've got a big enough audience that they're a major stake for the network when it comes to advertisers and B) They've proven to be a strong competitor in their time slot, defeating rival shows and showing positive growth in share each year they've been around. As a result I can totally see FOX execs interfering more and more - I'd say a case could be made that they have been since the end of S4. If so I bet they were the architects of our current miserable dilemma. I can totally see someone at the FOX brain trust saying:

"Hey, keep that whole 'will they/won't they' thing going, 'cause my kids' nanny's au pair said she read something about this 'Moonlighting Curse' to the gardener, and from what I can gather we don't want that or my hydrangeas will die..."

After all most network execs get their jobs through superior ass kissing ability, not actual skill or knowledge about what makes a good show or what the public likes, otherwise network programming wouldn't resemble a pack of lemmings on maneuvers where one network's "new idea" (read, something one of them saw on European TV last summer) is the other fours' "new direction" (read, bad rip-off of a poor imitation of a mediocre European show). So IMO it's totally believable that the suits decided to push for B&B to stay apart thinking that we poor schlubs will just keep showing up every Thursday. If that's right then we should be able to watch the ratings drop at most 1 full point and before long B&B will be having sex on his desk, her desk, and the exam tables on the platform. Not that I'm advocating we do anything like that. I'm just saying...

king RM
Welcome back, King! We missed ya! bowdown
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:12 am

I honestly don't think it's FOX that's ultimately calling the shots on B&B getting together. If you go by all of HH's 'clues' in the finale of season 4 it was obvious he was setting up the whole military subplot for Booth, which I agree was a horrible idea. But the reason that he may have gone there is that DB handles the whole military angst thing so well in his acting. Some of the best episodes have been Booth versus his military demons. Maybe HH just wanted to prime that pump. But this story arc seems to have been planned from at least the end of season 4.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:30 am

elyon wrote:I honestly don't think it's FOX that's ultimately calling the shots on B&B getting together. If you go by all of HH's 'clues' in the finale of season 4 it was obvious he was setting up the whole military subplot for Booth, which I agree was a horrible idea. But the reason that he may have gone there is that DB handles the whole military angst thing so well in his acting. Some of the best episodes have been Booth versus his military demons. Maybe HH just wanted to prime that pump. But this story arc seems to have been planned from at least the end of season 4.
Actually, like Robert mentioned, that's about when it feels like Fox stepped in. Not saying it wasn't planted, just that his reason for doing so may have been network induced.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:38 pm

elyon wrote:I honestly don't think it's FOX that's ultimately calling the shots on B&B getting together. If you go by all of HH's 'clues' in the finale of season 4 it was obvious he was setting up the whole military subplot for Booth, which I agree was a horrible idea. But the reason that he may have gone there is that DB handles the whole military angst thing so well in his acting. Some of the best episodes have been Booth versus his military demons. Maybe HH just wanted to prime that pump. But this story arc seems to have been planned from at least the end of season 4.
On that i completely agree. The story arc has been brewing for some time now in my opinion, though i still thought it was a little out of character for him to just turn around and agree to go so easily.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:53 pm

future_anthro wrote:
On that i completely agree. The story arc has been brewing for some time now in my opinion, though i still thought it was a little out of character for him to just turn around and agree to go so easily.

I'm gonna agree with this, it feels like the last part of the finale had been hastily rewritten, this may not be the case, but that's what it seems like when watching the episode.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next