Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The finale and what you think it means for next season

+48
gordongordonfan
katharine
dreamerktm411
Pat
joybrennan
the beaver1965
happylama2
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
sanasus
crzy4bones
heirofloki
boothbrennan13
cdngirl74
boothgirl47
DoctorB
sparklyshoes
spectacularviews
SnoopGirl
THX1138
mereva
hokorii
elyon
booksandbones
Dancin' Phalanges
adhma
Emme
HeyHey
kat0505
jsgemini
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
nati.cba
Beliskner
bones20
BBShipper
Lorna Doone
mommahurley
Kamera
tinkrella
jro54
Maureen
sarabrowncolorado
bonesparticulat
BumbleB89
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
52 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 5 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by hokorii Sun May 23, 2010 11:40 am

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, personally I find the speculation to be a fun part of a fandom and considering we're in the spoiler section of the forum it's bound to come up! I do not, however, think anyone should be upset by the spoilers since, as you said, we still have four months to go.
hokorii
hokorii
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 5 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by DONEWITHIT Sun May 23, 2010 2:20 pm

I think that I need some time away to think about this season 6....like Brennan. I mean do you think they will finally write something worthy of 2 thirty something and forty year old adults that are deeply in love? Come on! loco
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Sun May 23, 2010 3:36 pm

jro54 wrote:
But I'm also not getting my hopes up over the St. Christopher medal because I thought the alarm clock symbolized something, but it didn't mean anything.

Well, the clock was flashing the time that the sex scene occurred in EitB. If he really did give her the medal I think they became a couple in a previous farewell scene we aren't yet privy to.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun May 23, 2010 4:47 pm

DoyoubelieveinkarmaHH? wrote:I think that I need some time away to think about this season 6....like Brennan. I mean do you think they will finally write something worthy of 2 thirty something and forty year old adults that are deeply in love? Come on! loco

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Booth is not 40 ... DB is 41, Booth is around 38 (prior to the time jump anyway). In season 2 Brennan says that her parents left when she was 15, which was 15 years prior (making her 30). In season 3 Brennan says that Booth is 5 years older than her which at that time would have made him 36. season 4 would have Brennan=32 and Booth= 37 and Season 5 would have Brennan = 33 and Booth= 38.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Sun May 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Oh I hadn't noticed the St Christopher medal!

But who else but Booth would give one to Bones, that she would actually wear? That has to mean something! Smile

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Sun May 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Now, i want to believe this, that it's a St. Christopher medal. However, what purpose would it serve to have this hard-to-notice-but-actually-tremendously-important detail in the episode while the "normal," unobsessive viewing only reveals a rather bleak ending? Hanson wanted the average viewer to feel depressed big time and then only the huge, obsessive fans would finely figure out that we've been "had" so to speak? Just doesn't seem logical to me. Let's piss off tons of viewers and only remedy it for the die-hards? Anyway, the best pic I've found so far [Only admins are allowed to see this link] still doesn't prove anything to me: yes, she's wearing something on a chain but what exactly is not clear. It could still be just another one of her many necklaces. I must admit though that it seems a lot less elaborate than the usual ones she wears. but that's just an impression, I haven't done any research on her necklaces.

DoctorB wrote:Oh I hadn't noticed the St Christopher medal!

But who else but Booth would give one to Bones, that she would actually wear? That has to mean something! Smile
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sun May 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Season six possibilities:

If we assume that it is Booth that returns with a SO (and I think that’s a pretty safe assumption) it looks like Brennan will return to find that all the primary characters have found someone to share their lives with and actually have been sharing their lives with them for a year or close to it. Leaving Brennan as the only one alone, which is what she told Cam she prefers to be. That scenario presents the possibility of putting her belief that she really wants to be alone to the test.

In the past Brennan has always returned from one of these time outs to pick up her life right where she left off, exactly as she left off. It would see that this time that won’t happen. That would seem to challenge her belief that repeating the same actions always and inevitably produces the same result. That it may not be insane to believe in the possibility of a different outcome.

A probable “new” dynamic based on a role reversal between Brennan and Booth. The downside to this is that it is one more way to delay putting them together. The upside is that it does give both characters the opportunity to experience their relationship prior to season 6 from the other’s perspective. Initially Brennan gets the opportunity to know what it feels like to want a relationship with Booth that she knows she cannot have. Once we remove the SO, Booth has the chance to experience the struggle of wanting to just let go and let himself be in love with her versus the fear of having to survive a repeat run of getting hurt again.
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by happylama2 Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 am

Guh. I wonder if they will do another SO storyline so soon after the last, completely ineffective one. That would seem... lame. Wow, really lame. And really, I liked the 100th and onward as far as the BB relationship goes. I find that it's very difficult to speculate on S6, because a year is a long time.

If Booth spends the year trying to move on, then he may have hooked up with a very pretty officer (there ARE female Army gals in war zones, people, I swear.) If he spends the year contemplating how she looked at him and clung to his hand in the airport, then he might come back all fired up to not let her deny him this time.

A year could mean SO many things!

happylama2
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 pm

I don't see the SO thing happening. I can see a character appearing in a couple episodes who is visiting DC like, "This is nurse Sue who helped me when I was hurt, " or "this is Dr. Jones who found a set a remains," to dazzle at and flirt with. Like Booth and agent Perotta, but I can't picture one of them coming back with a serious GF/BF.

But if a SO is in the works, let's look on the bright side.1- HH&Co. always make it seem like it is more serious than it actually is like HH said something like Brennan and Jared were going to have "real sparks" between them, but they only went out on one date. 2- They probably won't last for more than two episodes. 3-At least B&B are still talking and dining together at the FF (of course, they will probably still spend 24/7 together even if one of them had a SO). 4- And this show is about B&B's love story, not about them finding love with other people, so a SO won't have any affect on them (except making the other jealous)

I think it is a safe "assumption" that one of them is going to come back a SO, but I don't think we should push the 'panic button' until we see sides or a confirmation from someone who actually works ON Bones confirms it.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:33 am

I really believe that Brennan comes back with a SO and Booth goes into a jealous mode. Why,because Hanson likes to piss people off. This will backfire on him. Been there, done that(Sully) is really get old for the fans(not all), but a good number and they will FINALLY see that HH is NEVER GOING TO GET THEM TOGETHER and therefore stop watching. Hanson and that lackey of his Nathan are banking on the new fans that they have gotten because the reruns on TNT to carry them through, but will that be enough to offset the loss of some strong hardcore fans? I don't think so!!! Realistically, does he think people will believe that a guy who looks like Booth will wait around while this woman stabs him in the heart constantly. UNREALISTIC!!!

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:33 am

I honestly think it's Booth that has the SO. And it makes the most sense when you consider where the storyline was at at the end of the season. One half hearted attempt at moving on on Booth's part does not mean anything. And it was only half hearted with Catherine. Brennan never promised him anything when they come back in a year, except to meet him at the reflecting pool. She didn't really even promise him they would be partners again or even to stay in touch during the year they are gone. So Booth will still be in "moving on" mode, even though we know he will never truly succeed at that.

And believe it or not....there are awhole lot of fans out there that aren't on the net and fans that could care less when B&B do it....I know this because I live with one. LOL! He thinks I'm totally neurotic for even caring enough to be on a message board talking about it. He says "It's just a TV show that I like to watch. Cases are fun, B&B are fun, the squints are fun...relax" LOL! Gosh I love my hubby....he says he doesn't care when...because he knows they will....they always do. He was the same way about Harm and Mac...and he was just as excited as I was about Chuck and Sara. And he'll be just as excited about Castle and Beckett. He's just not threatening boycott and mayhem over "a tv show". LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:23 am

I think it's more likely if Booth comes back with a SO too and Brennan is the one pining for him this time too.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:06 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:Season six possibilities:

If we assume that it is Booth that returns with a SO (and I think that’s a pretty safe assumption) it looks like Brennan will return to find that all the primary characters have found someone to share their lives with and actually have been sharing their lives with them for a year or close to it. Leaving Brennan as the only one alone, which is what she told Cam she prefers to be. That scenario presents the possibility of putting her belief that she really wants to be alone to the test.

In the past Brennan has always returned from one of these time outs to pick up her life right where she left off, exactly as she leftu off. It would see that this time that won’t happen. That would seem to challenge her belief that repeating the same actions always and inevitably produces the same result. That it may not be insane to believe in the possibility of a different outcome.

A probable “new” dynamic based on a role reversal between Brennan and Booth. The downside to this is that it is one more way to delay putting them together. The upside is that it does give both characters the opportunity to experience their relationship prior to season 6 from the other’s perspective. Initially Brennan gets the opportunity to know what it feels like to want a relationship with Booth that she knows she cannot have. Once we remove the SO, Booth has the chance to experience the struggle of wanting to just let go and let himself be in love with her versus the fear of having to survive a repeat run of getting hurt again.

Only thing is, from Brennan's perspective she's already spent the last seven years (time jump) wanting a relationship with Booth that she can't have. Brennan has ALWAYS wanted Booth, and always felt that was something that could not and should not happen. Booth with an S.O. will simply reinforce that belief. Sad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 am

@ jro54 - I'm not getting into this S.O. thing. If it's not Sweets and/or Cam the season will suck, doesn't matter which "B" it is.

HOWEVER, what I really wanted to tell you is...YOUR SIG IS AWESOME! OMG - that is HOT! thumbsup
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:16 am

joybrennan wrote:
a_rangergrl2 wrote:Season six possibilities:

In the past Brennan has always returned from one of these time outs to pick up her life right where she left off, exactly as she leftu off. It would see that this time that won’t happen. That would seem to challenge her belief that repeating the same actions always and inevitably produces the same result. That it may not be insane to believe in the possibility of a different outcome.

Only thing is, from Brennan's perspective she's already spent the last seven years (time jump) wanting a relationship with Booth that she can't have. Brennan has ALWAYS wanted Booth, and always felt that was something that could not and should not happen. Booth with an S.O. will simply reinforce that belief. Sad

I agree. She's spent years building up the walls because she THINKS she can't have a successful relationship with him (or probably anyone) She never said she didn't want booth...just that she 'can't change.' Now in the finale she's completely torn up because her heart and mind are fighting with each other. It's what most people go through when they realize they are in love. Except with her, she has to fight the love feeling because it terrifies her.

I think the S/O is 100 percent a terrible idea. I love brennan. TO DEATH. But, if a year apart from the man she loves doesn't make her realize that love is worth it...and you can take that risk....than an S/O isn't going to do that. And if it does...than that's just crappy writing as another excuse.

I have no interest in having her come back all ready and him be "not ready." An S/O as others have said like someone he met but isn't really super attached to wouldn't be THAT bad. But again, didn't we just do that last season? And...it was a complete waste of time?

Unless the purpose of the S/O is to show booth that he can't move on....but again, wouldn't a year away from her have accomplished that too? I would be so much more eager for this season if it wasn't for that stupid S/O spoiler. I'm still going to watch. I still love bones. But that storyline will piss me off and I'm usually rather calm and collected about storylines.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:37 am

Did I miss something? Do we KNOW that there is an S/O? Last I heard there would be new characters with a recurring role.

I so do not want to go through this S/O BS again.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:43 am

I will be so angry if they bring back a bf/gf. In the first few seasons, that's fine and fun to watch. But seasons 5 and 6? That storyline is WAY old.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:06 am

Since Hanson and the writers are obviously running out ways to keep them apart, the ridiculous separation for a year being only one them, a Significant Other storyline is the only other way for them to go. I stated in my previous post, that I think it will be Brennan with an SO, but if in fact it is Booth, I'd like to see at least a 4 episode arc with him being with a sexy woman. Not the stupid only 3 scenes we saw with Katherine Bryar.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:17 am

Plus, when Brennan finally realizes how much she truly loves Booth, I don't want it to be because of something petty like jealousy. Jealousy is for high school kids.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:20 am

And (unfortunately!) I'm pretty sure Brennan wasn't wearing the St. Christopher necklace. I tried to zoom in and compare it to Booth's in earlier episodes and it looks different.
I wish it were true though!
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 am

ummm totally off topic, but I agree with joybrennan! jr054 your new signature is frickin lovely!!

Pat- the SO has not been completely confirmed yet, Ausiello hinted about it during his post finale interview with SN and then Marisa talked about during the post finale chat, however when she was asked directly she said that the understanding was that one of them (B/B) would come back with a SO however the SO is not a big storyline and is not very important at all. She also said that nothing has been filmed yet and as we all know scripts can and do change right up until filming actually occurs. so the signifigant other is not written in stone yet. this is all just speculation right now.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:02 am

joybrennan and treble- thanks!

I agree. I think Brennan does love Booth, but it terrifies her. She WANTS Booth, but she thinks she can't have him...She never says that she doesn't want Booth, but that she can't change.

Also, I think the SO things is a crappy idea. I really don't think Brennan is going to come back with a SO because the whole point of her trip is to realize what love is worth, so it wouldn't make sense for her to come back with another man...and I think Booth is the love of her life. So I think it's more likely if Booth comes back with SO because he is trying to move on and she really didn't give him any reason to wait for her. but it still a pretty crappy idea because if she needs a year away from the man she loves to realize what love is worth, seeing him with another woman won't do anything. It will just reinforce the belief than she can't have a relationship with him.

However, I think this SO crap might BS at this point. They will probably just add a character for like two episodes to "dazzle at" and flirt with like Booth and Perotta or Hodgins and the FBI specialist, but I don't think Booth is going to come back "engaged" or Brennan will get knocked up by another man or anything like that.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 am

jro54 wrote:joybrennan and treble- thanks!

I agree. I think Brennan does love Booth, but it terrifies her. She WANTS Booth, but she thinks she can't have him...She never says that she doesn't want Booth, but that she can't change.

Also, I think the SO things is a crappy idea. I really don't think Brennan is going to come back with a SO because the whole point of her trip is to realize what love is worth, so it wouldn't make sense for her to come back with another man...and I think Booth is the love of her life. So I think it's more likely if Booth comes back with SO because he is trying to move on and she really didn't give him any reason to wait for her. but it still a pretty crappy idea because if she needs a year away from the man she loves to realize what love is worth, seeing him with another woman won't do anything. It will just reinforce the belief than she can't have a relationship with him.

However, I think this SO crap might BS at this point. They will probably just add a character for like two episodes to "dazzle at" and flirt with like Booth and Perotta or Hodgins and the FBI specialist, but I don't think Booth is going to come back "engaged" or Brennan will get knocked up by another man or anything like that.

agreed I don't either of these scenarios would ever happen on Bones.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:55 am

Brennan's problem isn't that she thinks she can't have him or that she's scared of loving him, she believes that she isn't good enough for him. Booth has this belief in love that she thinks she can't live up to...she thinks she is damaged and that Booth will eventually grow tired of dealing with her baggage. In spite of how much she points out his flaws (which is sooooo non-stop and I think her way of pushing him away!) she has him on such a pedestal that she can't see that he's pretty damaged, too. If she did see that, then she wouldn't have been ok with sending him back to Afghanistan.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:54 pm

crzy4bones wrote:Brennan's problem isn't that she thinks she can't have him or that she's scared of loving him, she believes that she isn't good enough for him. Booth has this belief in love that she thinks she can't live up to...she thinks she is damaged and that Booth will eventually grow tired of dealing with her baggage. In spite of how much she points out his flaws (which is sooooo non-stop and I think her way of pushing him away!) she has him on such a pedestal that she can't see that he's pretty damaged, too. If she did see that, then she wouldn't have been ok with sending him back to Afghanistan.

I agree with you. But I'm just getting tired of it, and bitter, and jaded. Sad I know that sounds awful, because we haven't even begun S6. I'm already throwing it around in the back of my head what awful things are going to happen to keep them apart for another season, AGAIN.
I love this show, mainly, I'll admit because David is so yummy to look at. Does that make me an bad person - thanks Caroline I love that line.... But I also love the banter and flirting, and most recently have decided that I love Hodgins and Sweets too.... They could take their comedy routine on the road.
I decided this weekend after watching several episodes from this season, I'm not liking the girls so much. I'm getting soooooo tired of Brennan and her hangups. I know she is damaged, my mind understands, but my heart just can't take it anymore. Cam, she is so not used to her full capacity as an actress. Angela, she is really the same as Brennan. I remember when she and Sweets were talking about her romantic problems after she and Hodgins broke up, which she blamed Sweets for, I thought you are afraid of love also. Why are all of these women afraid of love. scratch The men on this show are so willing to open their hearts and lives and the women won't, can't or whatever.
I want to see some kick ass women, but I also want them to open their hearts and express their emotions. Maybe we'll have that with Angela and Hodgins now. I don't know if Cam's boyfriend will continue. And of course, who knows about Brennan and Booth.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next