Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The finale and what you think it means for next season

+48
gordongordonfan
katharine
dreamerktm411
Pat
joybrennan
the beaver1965
happylama2
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
sanasus
crzy4bones
heirofloki
boothbrennan13
cdngirl74
boothgirl47
DoctorB
sparklyshoes
spectacularviews
SnoopGirl
THX1138
mereva
hokorii
elyon
booksandbones
Dancin' Phalanges
adhma
Emme
HeyHey
kat0505
jsgemini
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
nati.cba
Beliskner
bones20
BBShipper
Lorna Doone
mommahurley
Kamera
tinkrella
jro54
Maureen
sarabrowncolorado
bonesparticulat
BumbleB89
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
52 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 2 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by jro54 Fri May 21, 2010 4:57 pm

I have mixed feelings about S6...
*HH said that "they will be working together" in the premiere of S6, but realistically, people can change a lot in a year and they realize they don't want to work together anymore or they don't love each other anymore (but I doubt this will happen though)
*He also said that there might be a new recurring character next season. I thought about the boyfriend/girlfriend thing, but they already did the third parties and it went nowhere fast. And HH&Co. always make a huge deal about third parties anyways, but nothing ever happens. So it could just be a new intern or a HODGELA BABY!!!!
*HH also said that they will revisit the baby storyline in S6. If Brennan gets pregnant, I sooo hope it's Booth's...because if it's not, that show will be done. But she could also adopt an orphan or become a foster mom.
* DB said, "will not really leave each other but go in different directions" and "it will bring them closer together." It kind of go with the vibe right now because it's still obvious that B&B still care about each other but they are going in directions and they could still get together next season.
* "The Beginning in the End." I think it means the 'beginning' of a new chapter at the 'end' of this one. And I think the next one will be about B&B's personal relationship.
* The song. It kind of symbolizes what B&B's relationship will be like in S6 and they promised to come back to each other.

I am kind of looking forward to S6 because I am interested to see how B&B will 'get back together' again. Even though there were not many could B&B moments in the finale, I don't think I could ever completely give up on them as a couple. In my opinion, they have always been a together is some way (partnership/friendship) and maybe the BIG CHANGE will be their relationship (romance) but it's still wishful thinking. But I don't think they could ever not see them as a couple in some way.

Last edited by jro54 on Fri May 21, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 2 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by Beliskner Fri May 21, 2010 4:59 pm

BBShipper wrote:IMO the only finale-worthy scenes where:

1. B&B in the bench at the park. Booth is really mad at Bones because he found out through Sweets about her plans to go to Indonesia. Omg they're totally acting like a couple there! In this episode Bones and Booth acted more like a couple than Sweets & Daisy.
2. The LAST scene, Brennan looked like she was about to cry. Maybe that's why they didn't hug, I don't think they would've let go. They both seemed so sad...and again it looked like they were breaking up! (FYI Daisy and sweets: THAT'S what a breakup looks like)

This
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri May 21, 2010 5:10 pm

BBShipper wrote:IMO the only finale-worthy scenes where:

1. B&B in the bench at the park. Booth is really mad at Bones because he found out through Sweets about her plans to go to Indonesia. Omg they're totally acting like a couple there! In this episode Bones and Booth acted more like a couple than Sweets & Daisy.
2. The LAST scene, Brennan looked like she was about to cry. Maybe that's why they didn't hug, I don't think they would've let go. They both seemed so sad...and again it looked like they were breaking up! (FYI Daisy and sweets: THAT'S what a breakup looks like)

The only thing I like about the finale is B&B seem to be acting more like a couple than Sweets and Daisy. And At least the finale kind of ended on a more positive note than the 100th.

Last edited by jro54 on Fri May 21, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Fri May 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Brennan seems to have gone two or three steps forwards in this episode, and I will leave that to analyse later. And I think she's gonna come back having made up her mind about her relationship with Booth.
However, I think Booth will have moved on and he'll come back with another love. Or maybe he catches up with Catherine when he comes back. And that could be interesting, trying to get Brennan to make him see she has changed, she wants him, and make him fall in love with her again. I WOULD LOVE THAT! But if she comes back with somebody else, THAT would be 100 steps back for her, and THAT would REALLY piss me off! Hope HH knows what's he's doing!
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri May 21, 2010 5:16 pm

nati.cba wrote:Brennan seems to have gone two or three steps forwards in this episode, and I will leave that to analyse later. And I think she's gonna come back having made up her mind about her relationship with Booth.
However, I think Booth will have moved on and he'll come back with another love. Or maybe he catches up with Catherine when he comes back. And that could be interesting, trying to get Brennan to make him see she has changed, she wants him, and make him fall in love with her again. I WOULD LOVE THAT! But if she comes back with somebody else, THAT would be 100 steps back for her, and THAT would REALLY piss me off! Hope HH knows what's he's doing!

I really don't think the third parties are going to happen again. Logically, if Booth moves on and Brennan finally makes up her mind that she wants him, she would most likely curl into the fetus position and die or pretend like everything is fine just like with Catherine rather than try to make him fall in love with her. But it would be interesting.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri May 21, 2010 5:18 pm

After the 100, I decided to give the show to the finale. I have, and I'm done.... They lost this viewer..... I no longer give a fuc.....

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Fri May 21, 2010 5:26 pm

nati.cba wrote:Brennan seems to have gone two or three steps forwards in this episode, and I will leave that to analyse later. And I think she's gonna come back having made up her mind about her relationship with Booth.

i have faith in HH!!! i really do, i think its more like i have to otherwise i wont get through this break.

i hope nither of them comes back with a love interest however, i too think that if either of them does it will be Booth. he has already said he has to move on. so maybe he will. and season six will be about Brennan fighting her feelings and jealousy for Booth. she will admit she loves him but its too late. and the cycle continues, but it think that season six will be the season they get together! they have to! and i hope its not right at the end, we dont know yet if there will be a season 7 yet (or do we?) so it will be painful if it is the end of the season (or end of the show) when they do get together.
as many have said, Brennan has taken so many steps forward this season, in fact in this episode she took so many forward... i think this will allow us to see her open up even more.. and i look forward to that!

oh and as for a Hodgela baby... well she does want a whole tribe of them so they better start now! lol.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm

When Booth says, "I need to move on," means that he tries to move on with Catherine, but he fails. I don't think they are going to try the third parties again, but if they do, the third parties will probably not last very long because they never do. And HH&Co. always make a huge deal about third parties like they said Catherine was going to be 'a potential love interest' but she was only in one episode.

I think that Booth comes back with some post dramatic stress (instead of GF) because he trained soldiers who died and we all know how he still carries guilt about the army. So in S6, they will explore a little more into his past and demons. And Brennan will be there to show him that she cares.

I do think that B&B will finally get together in S6 because if they don't get renewed for S7, then they will most definitely get together in the S6 finale. I am looking forward to S6 because I have never doubted for a second that B&B would end up together, so it's going to be interesting to see how they get back to where they are. I still don't think they were ready to get together because even though Brennan takes some big steps in the finale, she has still figure out what her relationship/partnership with Booth means.

Last edited by jro54 on Fri May 21, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Fri May 21, 2010 6:08 pm

I had to wait to get home from work and the whole time I had my fingers crossed that HH would not fail us, that it would be a great ending. So when I finally do get to watch it, I sat there slack jawed for at least five minutes after it ended...WTF?!? confused How can they even consider that a pay-off for the 100th episode? When they looked back at each other, I was waiting for them to run to each other to hug kiss SOMETHING, but no they walk away with a mere promise to meet again in a year. I think this finale sucked the most out of all of them. I'll take coma dream season 4 finale anyday. The 100th episode or GD should've been the finale. I think my problem is I forgot to drink while watching this episode. I'll let the shock wear off and see how I feel tomorrow...
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 2 Empty The circle can continue

Post by kat0505 Fri May 21, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm from Belgium and yesterday we watched the 17th and 18th episode here. I also watched the next episodes online (coz i'm a woman and am far too curious). I have the 4 season dvd-box at home. To me it seems that after one sad ep the next ep is a happy one. The 100th epi was a sad one but the next one (17th) wasn't that bad at all. I've seen this more than once throughout the years. So, i'm hoping that when they will come back, everything will be new; Brennan has changed, she's responding to Booth's feelings and to her own feelings. I do think it's about time that B&B come together. How much longer do the writers think they can keep the audience in being interested? They can't keep on cheating with the audience. Again this happened for the finale, what i was expecting by the way. I do think the first ep of season 6 must be a good one, otherwise i'm afraid lots of people will skip Bones.
However i have the bad feeling that the writers again will start with Brennan or Booth to have met someone new in their life (which is very likely coz in a year anything can happen) and so the circle can continue. If this happens, i'm also quitting Crying or Very sad
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Fri May 21, 2010 6:47 pm

It means I won't be watching regularly, I think I'll either wait for the first half of S6 to be broadcast or the whole thing and watch all at once, but certainly not at the same level I was watching at before. Maybe I'll watch the odd episode here and there.

I hate time jumps. I think Alias left me with some sort of psychological trauma. Wink Smile I will need to see where they go with this before I start to be obsessive again, because they could actually screw this up so badly. I would not put it past them to introduce new love interests, just as they start to make progress. Oh, we're about to kiss... knock at the door... who's this? Oh it's someone from the year away who I had a mad passionate affair with.

I don't want to miss a whole year of their lives. I really don't. They could all be completely different people when they come back.

I think I need to move on. Wink

(Anyone else wondering if this episode would have been different if HH hadn't had other outside interests going on? He wasn't there when it was filmed either, was he?).

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Fri May 21, 2010 6:59 pm

I may not be sure how I feel about the finale right now since I need time to digest it and watch it a few more times to get a real feel for it but I will always be a Bones fan & I will be back for Season 6!
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 2 Empty Finale Questions

Post by Emme Fri May 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Needless to say, I was disappointed with some of the nonsensical plots; however, it is the story line of Booth being "asked" to return to the Army to train snipers that I just cannot find believable. While he might have been "one" of the top snipers in his day, do they really want us to believe that this man who has been out of he army for years, is still the best man for the job???? Perhaps I am missing something here and one of you might be able to shed some light on this.
I don't see how Brennan could return with a "love" interest since she has already made it abundantly clear that she can't love anyone. What I don't enjoy is the leading us to the edge as HH has done and then just going off in a totally different direction.
I will continue to watch, at least the beginning of S6; however, if things do not move along to a realistic place for any of the main characters, this show has lost it's original strong pull for viewers. There is no "Moonlighting" syndrome - by the time they got Shephard and Willis together, they couldn't stand each other off screen personally. From all I have read, this is not the case with Deschanel and Boreanaz.
Oh well..........

Emme

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by adhma Fri May 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Ok!! I don't know what would think but I found the final quite good, not an extra good episode, but still an enough good one to wait until the next season to see how this relationship will evolute.
There're promises for a soft yet huge change! Brennan will realize that after a year of volunteer separation her feelings are the same, so... sherlock just speculating!!! angel

Last edited by adhma on Fri May 21, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
adhma
adhma

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 2 Empty Guarded but Optimistic

Post by Dancin' Phalanges Sat May 22, 2010 2:51 am

Okay, I could not post last night because I needed time to think and re-watch the episode. While I feel the distinct need to guard my heart (for it has been crushed before) I do see how the episode had a glimmer of hope for the future.

Hopeful because...

1) Bones admits that she worries about Booth
2) Bones admits she needs to understand what their partnership means
3) Bones needed to discuss the decision with Booth and did not decide on her own to just up and leave.
4) Bones ask Booth to not be himself, not be a hero - i.e. Be safe and return to her.

Concerned...
1) Booth was shutting down emotionally (eye contact, no hug at end, wanting to stay home) Speculation - He will have lots of issues next year too many for a relationship.

Maybe Bones will bring back an intern for the reoccurring character. I think she will want him, but he wont be ready. confused
Dancin' Phalanges
Dancin' Phalanges

Number of posts : 13
Say What You Want : Booth: "Just because you said it in a definitive tone doesn't mean that it means anything to me."

Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by booksandbones Sat May 22, 2010 3:03 am

Maybe it is just me but I really miss the season 1-4.5 Booth and Brennan. They were a lot more fun when they were not so serious all the time.
It would be awesome if a decision was made, I do not really care if they become a couple or not but something needs to happen. I feel like the show is being kind of being consumed by this whole "will they, wont they" and I just really miss the things from the first 4 seasons that seem to have disappeared.
booksandbones
booksandbones

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat May 22, 2010 3:27 am

I'm with you, Emme. No way Booth would be prepared after so many years away to train snipers. Technology changes and so do techniques. And to track and interrogate insurgents in Afghanistan? Really? A guy whose beat is DC and who doesn't speak the language? Plus all the health issues -- back, brain, age, etc. And baby Booth all anxious for daddy to leave him for a year and go in harm's way? My eyes haven't stopped rolling.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat May 22, 2010 3:33 am

elyon wrote:I'm with you, Emme. No way Booth would be prepared after so many years away to train snipers. Technology changes and so do techniques. And to track and interrogate insurgents in Afghanistan? Really? A guy whose beat is DC and who doesn't speak the language? Plus all the health issues -- back, brain, age, etc. And baby Booth all anxious for daddy to leave him for a year and go in harm's way? My eyes haven't stopped rolling.

The one thing that REALLY ticked me off about the episode was the parker thing. That kid has always been super smart and insightful. He wouldn't be at all afraid his dad may not come back from over there? He is excited to see his dad go for a year? That annoyed me. What kid would be?

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat May 22, 2010 3:37 am

And the whole idea that the army would need to look for Booth, who they know works at the FBI, by calling his ex-lover of ten years earlier? Come on, writers. That's just so stupid I can't credit it.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat May 22, 2010 4:12 am

Oh I can believe it-How else would they be able to squeeze Parker in to tell his dad to go be a hero? Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by hokorii Sat May 22, 2010 4:15 am

To all of you who mentioned Booth or Brennan coming back with a 3rd party.

Its already been confirmed.

Booth or Brennan (but most likely Booth) will be brining a new significant other back from their year long break.

It's in the first 6 scripts for season 6.
hokorii
hokorii
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat May 22, 2010 4:17 am

Can anyone spell 666!

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat May 22, 2010 4:39 am

hokorii wrote:Booth or Brennan (but most likely Booth) will be brining a new significant other back from their year long break.

It's in the first 6 scripts for season 6.
Oh joy. puke NOT AGAIN. puke
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat May 22, 2010 4:41 am

And again, and again, and again -- until they get this damn this right. Probably in the last 30 seconds of the final episode. Bitter, moi?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat May 22, 2010 4:46 am

Wow. Are we defining insanity here or what?? loco
Afterall it's worked for 5 seasons-why fix what's not broken?? Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next