Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The finale and what you think it means for next season

+48
gordongordonfan
katharine
dreamerktm411
Pat
joybrennan
the beaver1965
happylama2
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
sanasus
crzy4bones
heirofloki
boothbrennan13
cdngirl74
boothgirl47
DoctorB
sparklyshoes
spectacularviews
SnoopGirl
THX1138
mereva
hokorii
elyon
booksandbones
Dancin' Phalanges
adhma
Emme
HeyHey
kat0505
jsgemini
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
nati.cba
Beliskner
bones20
BBShipper
Lorna Doone
mommahurley
Kamera
tinkrella
jro54
Maureen
sarabrowncolorado
bonesparticulat
BumbleB89
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
52 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season Empty The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by treble21 Fri May 21, 2010 11:09 am

Ok so the finale has aired and I think the name of it is quite accurate " The beginning in the End" They are all going in separate directions for a year and will regroup after that ( anyone wanna bet that Hodgela either comes back pregnant or with a baby???) Booth in fatigues = insanely hot. Anyway given that HH says that they are working together at the beginning of the season, I think we can assume a one year time jump, and I'm really excited to see where they go with this, eventhough I'm still a little sad.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by treble21 Fri May 21, 2010 11:21 am

Also wasn't max supposed to be in this episode?? am I wrong? did I miss something?
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by HermioneGirl101 Fri May 21, 2010 11:39 am

treble21 wrote:Also wasn't max supposed to be in this episode?? am I wrong? did I miss something?

I thought the same thing around 8:50, and so I assumed he would be at the airport... Didn't HH tell us he would be in the last 2 episodes of the season for emotional support?
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 am

wierd.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Fri May 21, 2010 11:48 am

Yet another way HH led us on.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri May 21, 2010 11:50 am

HermioneGirl101 wrote:Yet another way HH led us on.

or the network........ I'm not a huge fan of how the season ended but really HH is not the be all and end all at that show. He is not the only person that makes decisions there are a LOT of producers/writers on that show and they make decisions as a group. HH gets the shaft because he's the public one.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri May 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Yeah I'm still pissed. Evil or Very Mad
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BumbleB89 Fri May 21, 2010 12:06 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Yeah I'm still pissed. Evil or Very Mad

I'm totally with you on that one!!
BumbleB89
BumbleB89

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Fri May 21, 2010 12:21 pm

OK, only just finished watching because I didn't make it home in time. Anyway: I am severely disappointed. The whole episode felt incoherent, the plot lines didn't connect in any meaningful way that I could see. How did the hoarder theme figure into the Booth & Brennan drama? I don't know. Sweets and Daisy separating: OK for me as I never really invested much into them anyway, still, it did seem kind of abrupt. That "Laurel & Hardy" routine of Hodgins and Sweets was... just superfluous, a waste of time. This was supposed to be the big finale, on the same level as the 100th ep in regard to emotional impact. Well, I can tell you, I cried my eyes out at the end of the 100th but this time I was totally baffled, flabbergasted. I couldn't believe how anticlimactic it was. All this big buildup for very little. It just didn't work, I didn't feel it. Earlier in the ep, a few times Brennan started to get to me but the end, nah. And we know they'll just be back together anyway next season, they won't keep them separate. So maybe we won't even get any pining either. I'm sorry, I love this show but this season finale was weak, esp. in light of so many fantastic recent episodes. And then I'm not even getting into how unrealistic it is to go do fieldwork like that in Indonesia for a whole year. That's way too long. Excavations do not normally go year round even if there were enough to do. And Booth just leaving his son behind... It wasn't romantic to me, it was just weird. I never thought that House M.D. would finally redeem its mediocre 6th season with the last scene of the finale so much while the Bones season finale would disappoint me so much.
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Ok....well....Hmmm....That's pretty much what I've been thinking for the last hour. Hmmm....

Here are my thoughts, for what they are worth.

*Booth in fatigues...holy mother....thank you for that.
*It was pretty anti-climatic. I don't think that there was anything "HUGE" that shifted...but a few small, subtle things that did.
*I think, for the most part, the spoilers were right on. Parker played a big role. Daisy played a HUGE role. It was emotional. Clearly it was hard for them to leave each other. It was a cliffhanger (kind of). And there definitely was NOT closure.
*I think that I really, really, really made myself expect THE WORST, so my disappointment is pretty low at this point. I think that Brennan was right in that she needs some time to be objective about her life. She is clearly VERY concerned with Booth. AND right after she finished telling Hodgens that unsolicited advice was a sign of love, she turned around and told Booth to not be a hero...not be him. I think her love for Booth is pretty clear and I think she really needs time and space to sort out her feelings and how they relate and conflict with her scientific mind. I get it. It makes sense. It IS the next logical step. Not a huge fan of Booth going off to a war zone, but I get that they needed to get him away too....I guess.
*The scene at the airport...when he grabs her hand....I thought that was momentous...more so than a kiss really.
*I think Season Six is going to be great. I think this is when they'll get together...and I think it will be better for them to get together then...when they're refreshed and Brennan has had time to sort it all out in her mind (I would hate for her to fall into bed with him only to regret it later). I think there will be a time jump and I am not the least bit worried about a third party. My guess is, he comes back with Daisy.
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 179
Say What You Want : Oy.
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Fri May 21, 2010 1:02 pm

MY BIGGEST issue, though, was this....

Was a HUG totally out of the question? I mean...you don't have to make out, but he's going to a war zone for God's sake. Hug the guy.
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maureen Fri May 21, 2010 1:06 pm

was Booth's hair styled just like is was in the 100th episode (flashback) as it was in the airport at the end of this finale???? or was it my imagination???

Maureen

Number of posts : 19
Say What You Want : I'm a Total Shipper....love the Booth character = HOT !!
I also love Burn Notice and a few others. I don't really much of anything else on TV. I'm a single mom and although my son is now 19, I never had much time for TV. Just finally getting a life of my own again.
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 pm

I was very disappointed with the finale. No kiss or hug???!!!! I totally thought they were going to go their separate ways and have some huge emotional scene, but it was just lame and pathetic. But I'm curious about what happens in S6. What the hell does "The Beginning in the End" mean?

I don't have a lot of hope for S6. A lot can happen in a year and people change, so realistically, I don't think they could still be kin love with each other.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri May 21, 2010 1:59 pm

EW has a blurb out. SPOILER ALERT (this is the spoiler section after all...)

hart says it will pick up a year later where they planned to meet and there will be BIG changes for everyone. When asked if they come back alone, he says there is a possibility of at least one reaccuring new character next season.

At first I freaked the hell out! But that could mean a new intern, a baby for hodgela....a person for sweets. Anything really.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Fri May 21, 2010 2:12 pm

I just had the worst thought ever. What if Booth or Brennan come back with a girlfriend or boyfriend? What happens if they come back and the romantic spark is gone? I have so many emotions going through me right now... Mad No Shocked Suspect shoot facesmack affraid Crying or Very sad
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 68
Say What You Want : Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones, Uh...and Bones GO B&B
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Fri May 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Kamera wrote:I just had the worst thought ever. What if Booth or Brennan come back with a girlfriend or boyfriend? What happens if they come back and the romantic spark is gone? I have so many emotions going through me right now... Mad No Shocked Suspect shoot facesmack affraid Crying or Very sad

Don't worry, I already had the girlfriend/boyfriend thought but...that's unlikely. they already did the third party thing and it went NO WHERE fast. Brennan could probably bring back a new intern to replace daisy or something.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Fri May 21, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm actually not too worried. I'm not sure if that's the Rolling Rock talking or what...but I'm not that worried.

It is the "beginning" of the next chapter at the "end" of this one....and I think the next one involves them personally.
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Fri May 21, 2010 2:36 pm

tinkrella wrote:
Kamera wrote:I just had the worst thought ever. What if Booth or Brennan come back with a girlfriend or boyfriend? What happens if they come back and the romantic spark is gone? I have so many emotions going through me right now... Mad No Shocked Suspect shoot facesmack affraid Crying or Very sad

Don't worry, I already had the girlfriend/boyfriend thought but...that's unlikely. they already did the third party thing and it went NO WHERE fast. Brennan could probably bring back a new intern to replace daisy or something.

Your right, well now kinda glad it's over. Now I can look forward to my summer vacation, and a fresh start for Bones. I really hope it makes it for a 7th seaon at least. juggle flickball 2Tup Hmm a stress free summer that sounds good to me. Any one else?
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 68
Say What You Want : Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones, Uh...and Bones GO B&B
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Fri May 21, 2010 2:42 pm

What I think is....Hart and Co are so afraid of the Moonlighting curse that they are doing exactgly the same thing that caused it in the first place. You can't stop things from happening when they naturally and normally would happen, and then try to resart as if you hadn't brought us all to that point....it doesn't work. It turns viewers off. It causes viewers to lose interest faster than getting them together does.

Instead of talking about the Moonlighting Curse perhaps we should start talking contantly about the Gray's anatomy curse or the x files curse or the jag curse....becuause those shows lots their very loyal viewers by tricking, disappointing, and jsut plain pissing them off to the point where they just stopped caring.

Personally, I still love David, but he's going to be going through a lot of tough press for the next few months....and he isn't getting any younger. I don't want to have to watch a senior citicen finally get together with his woman. Can we please see them start a life together before their social security benefits kick in?

As far as the Finale tonight....It WAS PATHETICALLY BORING. It was like they just walked into this situation and didn't do a thing to avoid it...they didn't care enough to even arugue about it, or shed a tear...they just kind of wimped out and walked away. It was not Emotional as they promised. It was not bold, or strong, or exciting. It just marched in a stead direction toward the inevitable...The only thing surprising about it, was the fact that it was so completely DULL

I really hope that by the start of next season...I care...because right now...I don't even think I care.

They're going to just screw around with us next season and the foloowing season if their is one...and then that's it. I
I never thought I would say this...but I'm pretty much DONE

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Fri May 21, 2010 3:14 pm

sarabrowncolorado wrote:I'm actually not too worried. I'm not sure if that's the Rolling Rock talking or what...but I'm not that worried.

It is the "beginning" of the next chapter at the "end" of this one....and I think the next one involves them personally.

Funny...I'm drinking Rolling Rock, too. Former Pennsylvanian now in Colorado.

But the spoilers for the new season already indicating we get to play "whose bringing home the 3rd party?" I already joked about Booth and his Army nurse/fiancee and Brennan and her Australian colleague who she's writing a paper on the dig and has fallen in love with. Now, it's not so funny. More Tease. More dragging out the story. Not entertaining...way too trite.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

tinkrella wrote:

Unless Hart & Co. come to their senses, according to Marissa (Zap It TV) that's exactly what is happening when they return for season 6

It doesn't matter if this SO is as temporary as Catherine...it's stupid and trite and boring...and I won't be there to endure it. Real life is too short.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Fri May 21, 2010 3:20 pm

THIS
mommahurley wrote:What I think is....Hart and Co are so afraid of the Moonlighting curse that they are doing exactgly the same thing that caused it in the first place. You can't stop things from happening when they naturally and normally would happen, and then try to resart as if you hadn't brought us all to that point....it doesn't work. It turns viewers off. It causes viewers to lose interest faster than getting them together does.

Instead of talking about the Moonlighting Curse perhaps we should start talking contantly about the Gray's anatomy curse or the x files curse or the jag curse....becuause those shows lots their very loyal viewers by tricking, disappointing, and jsut plain pissing them off to the point where they just stopped caring.

Personally, I still love David, but he's going to be going through a lot of tough press for the next few months....and he isn't getting any younger. I don't want to have to watch a senior citicen finally get together with his woman. Can we please see them start a life together before their social security benefits kick in?

As far as the Finale tonight....It WAS PATHETICALLY BORING. It was like they just walked into this situation and didn't do a thing to avoid it...they didn't care enough to even arugue about it, or shed a tear...they just kind of wimped out and walked away. It was not Emotional as they promised. It was not bold, or strong, or exciting. It just marched in a stead direction toward the inevitable...The only thing surprising about it, was the fact that it was so completely DULL

I really hope that by the start of next season...I care...because right now...I don't even think I care.

They're going to just screw around with us next season and the foloowing season if their is one...and then that's it. I
I never thought I would say this...but I'm pretty much DONE

Still hoping that the latter won't happen...
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BBShipper Fri May 21, 2010 3:34 pm

IMO the only finale-worthy scenes where:

1. B&B in the bench at the park. Booth is really mad at Bones because he found out through Sweets about her plans to go to Indonesia. Omg they're totally acting like a couple there! In this episode Bones and Booth acted more like a couple than Sweets & Daisy.
2. The LAST scene, Brennan looked like she was about to cry. Maybe that's why they didn't hug, I don't think they would've let go. They both seemed so sad...and again it looked like they were breaking up! (FYI Daisy and sweets: THAT'S what a breakup looks like)

BBShipper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BBShipper Fri May 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Oh oh oh and number 3:

The scene where Brennan tells Angela why she wants to leave...she's so confused, I think it's a HUGE step forward for Brennan to admit she wants to figure out what her "Partnership" with Booth means..

BBShipper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bones20 Fri May 21, 2010 4:03 pm

ok so i wasnt fond of the finale but the only thing holding me on is knowing that they will bring back bones wanting a baby next season! ohh thats gonna be great i was so happy about the thought of her having a baby..."flanges...dancing flanges" and "you like spacial disorientation dont you?" that was priceless
bones20
bones20

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next