Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The finale and what you think it means for next season

+48
gordongordonfan
katharine
dreamerktm411
Pat
joybrennan
the beaver1965
happylama2
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
sanasus
crzy4bones
heirofloki
boothbrennan13
cdngirl74
boothgirl47
DoctorB
sparklyshoes
spectacularviews
SnoopGirl
THX1138
mereva
hokorii
elyon
booksandbones
Dancin' Phalanges
adhma
Emme
HeyHey
kat0505
jsgemini
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
nati.cba
Beliskner
bones20
BBShipper
Lorna Doone
mommahurley
Kamera
tinkrella
jro54
Maureen
sarabrowncolorado
bonesparticulat
BumbleB89
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
52 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 6 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by joybrennan Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:14 pm

OEV
the beaver1965 wrote:Since Hanson and the writers are obviously running out ways to keep them apart, the ridiculous separation for a year being only one them, a Significant Other storyline is the only other way for them to go. I stated in my previous post, that I think it will be Brennan with an SO, but if in fact it is Booth, I'd like to see at least a 4 episode arc with him being with a sexy woman. Not the stupid only 3 scenes we saw with Katherine Bryar.

I didn't watch catfish. I will NEVER watch catfish. Thus far it is the ONLY episode I missed - and that includes watching Booth with CAM and knowing Brennan was going to hook up in some form. You know why I could see the logic in those scenarios and not catfish? BECAUSE CATFISH WAS IN THE END OF SEASON FIVE! banghead

In season 1,2,3 - anything goes. Both are running from an obvious attraction, and in 1 especially, both have WAY too much baggage. Brennan's thing with her ex-professor is BIG. He was her first and he seriously messed with head. Booth is still dealing with fact that the mother of his son wouldn't marry him. None of this gets resolved until season two. Sully - who was as close to being Booth without BEING Booth - heals a lot of the damage from Michael. It's a fun, non-competive, caring and HOT connection. She needed to know that was possible. However, it's not enough for her to go away with him. She experiences for the first time a connection she can't walk away from - and freaks out. Meanwhile, Brennan is the one who cues Rebecca in so Booth can get resolution about that situation. While it's clear the emotional connection with B&B is REALLY growing, neither is ready to deal. I mean Booth goes from this deep, intense scene with Brennan and the little gift pig jasper to ENDING UP IN BED WITH CAM. Talk about sublimating your true desires! Very Happy Season three: Brennan's got Daddy issues to deal with, and does alot of healing around her family stuff. Booth awareness, admiration and love for her, although unspoken continues to grow. He talks more and more about love and what it is - and isn't - with Brennan. The Gormogon series takes its toll on everyone.

Season four, Booth unwittingly reveals to Brennan he has romantic feelings towards her with his "any man in London who isn't gay would want to be with you...you deserve better, you're special" chat in the car. Brennan's a genius. Booth may not have realized what he revealed, but no way Brennan missed it. SO, she doesn't sleep with the sexy sleezeball - because she doesn't want to hurt Booth. Then, absolutely in a panic starts looking for ways to get her "biological" needs met in ways that DON'T involve Booth because she knows Booth believes in love and she "doesn't." (She's absolutely terrified by the idea, but won't admit it.) She tries to not have to deal with Booth romantically by putting two guys together (to make one Booth Very Happy) She let's "Booth-lite" convince her Booth isn't so great and then REALLY regrets it .(AND simultaneously has it hammered home just how great Booth is) After the thing with Jared, the serious groundwork for them getting together is laid in. Right after Jared is passanger in the oven. More daddy stuff, then the cirus trip. Perotta is introduced, but Booth doesn't really bite. Really sweet ice skating scence. Booth then gets kidnapped by gravedigger and Brennan goes crazy trying to find him has laws broken and everything. Booth's back goes out, which brings back Perrota. She realizes Booth is into Brennan when, Booth, on pain meds, starts rhapsodizing about Perrota needing to make sure nothing happened to Brennan and all that pretty dark hair. Laughing We then have a pair of episodes. The Science in the Physicist: Brennan, while accepting and understanding the sexual practices and lifestyle at this genius thinktank, rejects it by, declining the offer to become involved with the head of the institute. She rejects him because that kind of relationship is not what SHE wants, NOT because she thought it would upset Booth. Of course, the very next episode she's arguing against monogany - Cinderella in the Cardboard. At the end of it Brennan admits to Booth that she WANTS to believe in love. Mayhem on a Cross. Sweets theory is B&B have sublimated their attraction to each other so that they can be partners. Dr. Gordon tells him, "One of them is actuely aware of that attraction, struggles with it daily as a matter of fact." Hmm which one? We have the fun and fluffy ep with the dead body being secretly dragged around, THEN, its the big quadruple: The Girl in the Mask: Brennen wants to know how people handle having their happiness being dependant on someone else - and gets two answers that basically say it's more than worth it. Beaver in the Otter, "Do you have to be bad to be good?" Booth gives Brennan a chance to experience letting go and "being bad." Critic in the cabient: Brennan decides she wants Booth baby, finds out Booth has a brain tumor, goes in with him - because he asked her too...Season 4 finale. Brennan writes an entire story about her and Booth being married, making love, being in love and getting pregnant. It's what she wants - but it scares her, so she deletes it.

Season five - we all just saw it, Brennan opens more and more to love, connection, interdependent relationships, not wanting to be alone, getting to the place where she BELIEVES in love, it exists, is possible - BECAUSE OF BOOTH. We get to the end of the hundredth and WTF? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?! The rest of season five goes not like NOTHING before the hundredth ever happened and splits them up for a year. banghead banghead banghead

So, NO I DID NOT WATCH CATFISH NOR WILL I WATCH ANY OTHER SO's BROUGHT IN. I don't want to see Booth with some sexy chick or Brennan with some studly science boytoy. At this point in the story IT MAKES NO SENSE. It already doesn't make sense now. Frankly, nevermind the SO's, if they don't come back and start dating - for whatever reason - this will be one of the most obvious resets in tv history. I'd say it would be second only to DALLAS and the "last season was all just a dream" stunt they pulled. (No i didn't see it when it happened - that's how famous it is Laughing) If I wanted to watch reruns I'd put on TNT, HH doesn't need to create them.
Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by joybrennan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing a comma)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 6 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by Pat Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:35 pm

joybrennan wrote:EV
the beaver1965 wrote:Since Hanson and the writers are obviously running out ways to keep them apart, the ridiculous separation for a year being only one them, a Significant Other storyline is the only other way for them to go. I stated in my previous post, that I think it will be Brennan with an SO, but if in fact it is Booth, I'd like to see at least a 4 episode arc with him being with a sexy woman. Not the stupid only 3 scenes we saw with Katherine Bryar.

I didn't watch catfish. I will NEVER watch catfish. Thus far it is the ONLY episode I missed - and that includes watching Booth with CAM and knowing Brennan was going to hook up in some form. You know why I could see the logic in those scenarios and not catfish? BECAUSE CATFISH WAS IN THE END OF SEASON FIVE! :banghead:

In season 1,2,3 - anything goes. Both are running from an obvious attraction, and in 1 especially, both have WAY too much baggage. Brennan's thing with her ex-professor is BIG. He was her first and he seriously messed with head. Booth is still dealing with fact that the mother of his son wouldn't marry him. None of this gets resolved until season two. Sully - who was as close to being Booth without BEING Booth - heals a lot of the damage from Michael. It's a fun, non-competive, caring and HOT connection. She needed to know that was possible. However, it's not enough for her to go away with him. She experiences for the first time a connection she can't walk away from - and freaks out. Meanwhile, Brennan is the one who cues Rebecca in so Booth can get resolution about that situation. While it's clear the emotional connection with B&B is REALLY growing, neither is ready to deal. I mean Booth goes from this deep, intense scene with Brennan and the little gift pig jasper to ENDING UP IN BED WITH CAM. Talk about sublimating your true desires! :D Season three: Brennan's got Daddy issues to deal with, and does alot of healing around her family stuff. Booth awareness, admiration and love for her, although unspoken continues to grow. He talks more and more about love and what it is - and isn't - with Brennan. The Gormogon series takes its toll on everyone.

Season four, Booth unwittingly reveals to Brennan he has romantic feelings towards her with his "any man in London who isn't gay would want to be with you...you deserve better, you're special" chat in the car. Brennan's a genius. Booth may not have realized what he revealed, but no way Brennan missed it. SO, she doesn't sleep with the sexy sleezeball - because she doesn't want to hurt Booth. Then, absolutely in a panic starts looking for ways to get her "biological" needs met in ways that DON'T involve Booth because she knows Booth believes in love and she "doesn't." (She's absolutely terrified by the idea, but won't admit it.) She tries to not have to deal with Booth romantically by putting two guys together (to make one Booth :D) She let's "Booth-lite" convince her Booth isn't so great and then REALLY regrets it .(AND simultaneously has it hammered home just how great Booth is) After the thing with Jared, the serious groundwork for them getting together is laid in. Right after Jared is passanger in the oven. More daddy stuff, then the cirus trip. Perotta is introduced, but Booth doesn't really bite. Really sweet ice skating scence. Booth then gets kidnapped by gravedigger and Brennan goes crazy trying to find him has laws broken and everything. Booth's back goes out, which brings back Perrota. She realizes Booth is into Brennan when, Booth, on pain meds, starts rhapsodizing about Perrota needing to make sure nothing happened to Brennan and all that pretty dark hair. :lol: We then have a pair of episodes. The Science in the Physicist: Brennan, while accepting and understanding the sexual practices and lifestyle at this genius thinktank, rejects it by, declining the offer to become involved with the head of the institute. She rejects him because that kind of relationship is not what SHE wants, NOT because she thought it would upset Booth. Of course, the very next episode she's arguing against monogany - Cinderella in the Cardboard. At the end of it Brennan admits to Booth that she WANTS to believe in love. Mayhem on a Cross. Sweets theory is B&B have sublimated their attraction to each other so that they can be partners. Dr. Gordon tells him, "One of them is actuely aware of that attraction, struggles with it daily as a matter of fact." Hmm which one? We have the fun and fluffy ep with the dead body being secretly dragged around, THEN, its the big quadruple: The Girl in the Mask: Brennen wants to know how people handle having their happiness being dependant on someone else - and gets two answers that basically say it's more than worth it. Beaver in the Otter, "Do you have to be bad to be good?" Booth gives Brennan a chance to experience letting go and "being bad." Critic in the cabient: Brennan decides she wants Booth baby, finds out Booth has a brain tumor, goes in with him - because he asked her too...Season 4 finale. Brennan writes an entire story about her and Booth being married, making love, being in love and getting pregnant. It's what she wants - but it scares her, so she deletes it.

Season five - we all just saw it, Brennan opens more and more to love, connection, interdependent relationships, not wanting to be alone, getting to the place where she BELIEVES in love, it exists, is possible - BECAUSE OF BOOTH. We get to the end of the hundredth and WTF? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?! The rest of season five goes not like NOTHING before the hundredth ever happened and splits them up for a year. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So, NO I DID NOT WATCH CATFISH NOR WILL I WATCH ANY OTHER SO's BROUGHT IN. I don't want to see Booth with some sexy chick or Brennan with some studly science boytoy. At this point in the story IT MAKES NO SENSE. It already doesn't make sense now. Frankly, nevermind the SO's if they don't come back and start dating - for whatever reason - this will be one of the most obvious resets in tv history. I'd say it would be second only to DALLAS and the "last season was all just a dream" stunt they pulled. (No i didn't see it when it happened - that's how famous it is :lol:) If I wanted to watch reruns I'd put on TNT, HH doesn't need to create them.
:evil:

JOYBRENNAN: Incredible, impressive, irrefutable. You have nailed this.

I cannot believe that HH&Co doesn't see that what has been created (up to the 100th) is an incredible feat for popular television--believable character development in a series which is also a commercial success because it is entertaining.

At this time, when we have all been screwed with by everyone and everything we should trust (organized religion, political leaders, financial system, the food supply, homeland security, department of the interior), we should all have our cynicism challenged by a TV show? The story of B&B engages us; it is like a perfect storm--the right writers, the right actors. And, it causes despair because we expect another sell-out.

I only subscribe to cable so I can watch Anderson Cooper...I can't believe I'm sitting up in the middle of the night explicating the story line of a television show!

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:19 pm

crzy4bones wrote:Brennan's problem isn't that she thinks she can't have him or that she's scared of loving him, she believes that she isn't good enough for him. Booth has this belief in love that she thinks she can't live up to...she thinks she is damaged and that Booth will eventually grow tired of dealing with her baggage. In spite of how much she points out his flaws (which is sooooo non-stop and I think her way of pushing him away!) she has him on such a pedestal that she can't see that he's pretty damaged, too. If she did see that, then she wouldn't have been ok with sending him back to Afghanistan.

THAT is what I think we are going to see in S6. There is no way Booth will come back from Afghanistan without emotional scarring. I still HATE this storyline, but it's going to show Brennan that she isn't the only one who is damaged and broken. She knows alot about Booth's past, but I don't think she knows everything, And she will be there this time to see the damage and the effects on him 1st hand.

JoyBrennan-your post above, nailed it. Perfectly. I am looking forward to S6 (because it's like a trainwreck you can't look away from), but DREADING it at the same time. Really dreading it. The worst is not over. We will open S6 with the fall out of the year apart. As much as I hate the SO storyline-in a wierd, warped way I've come to realize it does make sense. If this were real life, a year is a long time to spend away from someone. Especially if that someone rejected you and didn't give you any reason NOT to move on. That will be the fall out. A big huge reset button. B&B are going to come back after a year apart, with 1 or possibly both having a SO. B&B will have to navigate their lives back in DC, their jobs, their working partnership. And they will have to re-adjust where they stand with each other on a personal basis. Brennan is likely to be more open, while Booth will probably be more closed off. Reset back to S1. I do not like it. At all. It's getting harder and harder to believe in this B&B love story, they are made for each other, they will end up together...
I thought that right up til the 100th Hart had painted himself into a corner with progressing B&B that he couldn't back himself out of. I was wrong. Now I'm feeling like hope is pretty much lost for S6, and I find myself wondering if they will really ever be together. If we are lucky, Hart will prove me wrong again and fix this, but I won't hold my breath.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:16 am

Joy Brennan- very very well said.

I can't believe people actually don't know if B&B belong together or will end up together. I understand why people are losing hope because they went their separate ways and one of them might come back with a SO, but they don't understand that a separation is the best way to go right now. Ever since the 100th, their relationship has been tense and strained, so a separation is the only thing that is going to get them out of this predicament and back to being partners or moving forward to a romantic relationship.

I know that everyone is going to hate what I write, but just have a little faith people. I have never doubted for a second that B&B would end up together. This ahole show is about their love story, so it would be ridiculous for them not to because then the whole show would be pointless.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:48 am

jro54 wrote:Joy Brennan- very very well said.

I can't believe people actually don't know if B&B belong together or will end up together. I understand why people are losing hope because they went their separate ways and one of them might come back with a SO, but they don't understand that a separation is the best way to go right now. Ever since the 100th, their relationship has been tense and strained, so a separation is the only thing that is going to get them out of this predicament and back to being partners or moving forward to a romantic relationship.

I know that everyone is going to hate what I write, but just have a little faith people. I have never doubted for a second that B&B would end up together. This ahole show is about their love story, so it would be ridiculous for them not to because then the whole show would be pointless.

The point I was making wasn't about proving they belong together - I don't think anyone doubts that. It's about a loss of integrity. Up until the 100th, B&B's relationship was believable, organic, and amazing to watch. Now, it's forced, plot-driven and gimmicky. Yeah, they'll get together, but the beauty of the story has already been compromised. If they push it anymore, them getting together will be anti-climatic. Why? It won't come out of the charecters' development. It will be a plot point, played out of HH ego puppets, and while it will be nice to see, it won't feel particularly real. MI_Bonesgirl, I admire your patience. Your point about Booth coming back without some trama would be unrealistic is absolutely right. Of course, the entire ending from the 100th was unrealistic, and that's what set this mess up. Let's face it, realistic character driven stories have left the building. I have little hope that they will be back. Is it possible? Perhaps. There are a couple of senarios that could put them back in to feeling authentic. Both of them require them coming back and starting a relationship for the season six opener. If not, whatever happens will be out of HH and Fox's agenda - and, no I won't be watching that. I'll check out the final episode. Mad Sad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:59 am

joybrennan wrote:

The point I was making wasn't about proving they belong together - I don't think anyone doubts that. It's about a loss of integrity. Up until the 100th, B&B's relationship was believable, organic, and amazing to watch. Now, it's forced, plot-driven and gimmicky. Yeah, they'll get together, but the beauty of the story has already been compromised. If they push it anymore, them getting together will be anti-climatic. Why? It won't come out of the charecters' development. It will be a plot point, played out of HH ego puppets, and while it will be nice to see, it won't feel particularly real. MI_Bonesgirl, I admire your patience. Your point about Booth coming back without some trama would be unrealistic is absolutely right. Of course, the entire ending from the 100th was unrealistic, and that's what set this mess up. Let's face it, realistic character driven stories have left the building. I have little hope that they will be back. Is it possible? Perhaps. There are a couple of senarios that could put them back in to feeling authentic. Both of them require them coming back and starting a relationship for the season six opener. If not, whatever happens will be out of HH and Fox's agenda - and, no I won't be watching that. I'll check out the final episode. Mad Sad

I can see why you guys think it is unrealistic that Brennan has made so much progress in her development and then watch her take a step back and then take a 1000 steps back is unrealistic. I think she has opened up a lot more, but I also think she's still afraid because she thinks that they would never work. She needs to realize that loving him is so much worth it than not having him her life at all. Therefore, I think the rejection in the 100th was completely in character for her because she has made some tremendous progress in her development, but I don't think she is ready to let her walls down just yet.

And maybe the separation is for the best. Ever since the 100th, their relationship has been very awkward and strained, so maybe the separation is the only thing that will get them out of this situation and back to just being partners or moving towards a romantic relationship. Anything is better than the terrible awkwardness between them after the 100th. (I prefer S1 B&B angst than lovey dovey mushy stuff, but that's just me) And maybe it will help Brennan realize what love is worth.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 am

I preface this by saying some people are not going to like what I say. To me,Brennan has to pay for the shameless sexual attitude she had when she was with that dork Sully. The smug smile and bragging about how good the sex was whenever she was going to fornicate with this guy and rubbing into Booth's face irritates me even to this day. Stupid maybe,but I cant help it. It is so bad, THAT I CAN'T EVEN WATCH THESE 4 episodes. I want to see a similar scenario,but this time it is Booth who has all the fun and rubs her nose into it. Would do my heart good.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:05 am

the beaver1965 wrote:To me,Brennan has to pay for the shameless sexual attitude she had when she was with that dork Sully.
And what about Booth having sex with Rebecca and Cam in the same episode? So 'nice'... puke
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:14 am

the beaver1965 wrote:I preface this by saying some people are not going to like what I say. To me,Brennan has to pay for the shameless sexual attitude she had when she was with that dork Sully. The smug smile and bragging about how good the sex was whenever she was going to fornicate with this guy and rubbing into Booth's face irritates me even to this day. Stupid maybe,but I cant help it. It is so bad, THAT I CAN'T EVEN WATCH THESE 4 episodes. I want to see a similar scenario,but this time it is Booth who has all the fun and rubs her nose into it. Would do my heart good.

Laughing We're all entitled to our opinion. Just for the record, this is all season two. Booth had just sleeping with Rebecca and Cam. Why would she think Booth was interested in her that way, at that time? Secondly, the direct bragging about the great sex was to Angela, not Booth. Seemed like bff talk to me. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 am

the beaver1965 wrote:I preface this by saying some people are not going to like what I say. To me,Brennan has to pay for the shameless sexual attitude she had when she was with that dork Sully. The smug smile and bragging about how good the sex was whenever she was going to fornicate with this guy and rubbing into Booth's face irritates me even to this day. Stupid maybe,but I cant help it. It is so bad, THAT I CAN'T EVEN WATCH THESE 4 episodes. I want to see a similar scenario,but this time it is Booth who has all the fun and rubs her nose into it. Would do my heart good.
******this isn't meant to bring on the Brennan hate********
I feel bad too, but I like what you say. I have always appreciated her character as being well written for a kick ass woman who made something out of her life despite the terrible life she led as a child, but................ and that's a big but....
It kills me to see episodes where she has done that to Booth and others. It seems so rude. I understand that she is very socially awkward, but there's a difference between that and rudeness and sometimes she is just downright cruel, even though not meaning to be.
I found it very funny in the Queen Bee episode where Booth made a comment about her high school days, her social awkwardness, but she replied something like - that sounded clinical but felt very insulting. I know I said to myself at that point, duh, how do you thing everyone else feel's when you say something insulting, but clinical, cause you do it all the time.
I know her character has grown, but I have since day 1 of watching this show had my thoughts about this. I like her, but I hate it when she reverts to clinical rude girl.
I know she supposedly knows no better, but I just keep telling myself, come on, have you learned nothing in 5 years.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:19 am

I don't want to offend anyone or get into this whole "I hate Brennan" argument again, but why does Brennan have to a be a promiscuous tramp? Booth slept with two woman in one episode. Yes, he doesn't brag about unlike Brennan who is much more open with talking about sex in a scientific and anthropological way. And like JoyBrennan wrote, Brennan thought he was having sex with both Cam and Rebecca, so she didn't know that he was interested in her. And as I recall it, she tells Booth that she is having sex with him, but she bragged to Angela that it was great sex. So I think they are both equally guilty when it comes to who is the slut...And that is just my opinion.

Last edited by jro54 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:26 am

I really do appreciate your faith. I have totally lost mine. No longer exists. Gone....
I will watch S6 when it returns, but stuff doesn't go my way in the first couple of episodes, I'll DVR it, but won't run home from work Thursday nights in awe and anticipation to watch.
I'm tired of looking for clues and hidden meanings. At this point I don't want to see my own clock let alone one blinking 4:47. I don't care if I eat another chicken wing and I'm from Buffalo, let alone see a tower of them again. And you know what I did scream and not yelp..........
I need some adult conversation, not 2 high schoolers running away from their fears and problems. I need compassion, not fear. I can't be told it will happen eventually, eventually happened about 8 episodes ago and got left in the dirt.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:26 am

If you recall,we didn't see any sex action between Booth and Rebecca/Cam. It was only implied that they had sex. I want to see something similar to when Brennan was naked in bed with Sully. I know she was naked because her boobs fell out when they were shooting the scene. Is there something wrong for wanting to see a scene like that?

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:29 am

We see Booth have sex with Cam and Rebecca in "the Truth in the Lye." It opens up with Booth and Rebecca rolling around in bed together and the at the end of the episode, he's in bed with Cam.

Beaver- You seem to really dislike Brennan's character.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:01 am

Jro54, I dislike her character immensely. Being a woman myself, I can't believe how she treats this not only GORGEOUS but nice man. I know this wont happen, but I want to see him hurt her likes she constantly hurts him.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:03 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Jro54, I dislike her character immensely. Being a woman myself, I can't believe how she treats this not only GORGEOUS but nice man. I know this wont happen, but I want to see him hurt her likes she constantly hurts him.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:37 am

Brennan is a good person. She's not perfect, but she's trying. It's hard for her to love another human being, to take such a huge risk. I can sympathize with that.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 am

Yeah. I can understand why some people don't like her because some of the things that she says or does to Booth seem kind of cold and rude, but I don't think she is a cold hearted, selfish whore who hurts Booth intentionally. Like in the 100th, she thinks she is not worthy of Booth, so she thinks by not being together, she can protect him, but what she doesn't understand is that being separated will hurt him even more.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:27 am

the beaver1965 wrote:If you recall,we didn't see any sex action between Booth and Rebecca/Cam. It was only implied that they had sex. I want to see something similar to when Brennan was naked in bed with Sully. I know she was naked because her boobs fell out when they were shooting the scene. Is there something wrong for wanting to see a scene like that?

umm I do not recall Brennan's boobs falling out on the show....ever. she had a sheet over her and bare shoulders, and we saw a similar type scene with Booth and both Rebecca and Cam where he was in bed with them and they were clearly post coitus ( hee hee I watch the Big Bang theory far too often) laughing in bed.

The only major differences I can recall about those two scenes were that B/S were pre-sex and that they were having a heavy makeout session as well.

I can appreciate those that think that Brennan is a socially awkward on purpose, as well as those that are upset about some of her comments ( in the entire series there was only one comment that Brennan has ever made that made me banghead , and I'm not saying which one cause i don't want to add to the fire) However IMO Brennan has been written fairly consistently as someone who is extremely literal and socially awkward, so it doesn't bother me that she occasionally says stuff that is hurtful, because everyone on the show (and in real life) does once in a while ( Hello, paging Dr. Burn-in-hell)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:Brennan's problem isn't that she thinks she can't have him or that she's scared of loving him, she believes that she isn't good enough for him. Booth has this belief in love that she thinks she can't live up to...she thinks she is damaged and that Booth will eventually grow tired of dealing with her baggage. In spite of how much she points out his flaws (which is sooooo non-stop and I think her way of pushing him away!) she has him on such a pedestal that she can't see that he's pretty damaged, too. If she did see that, then she wouldn't have been ok with sending him back to Afghanistan.

THAT is what I think we are going to see in S6. There is no way Booth will come back from Afghanistan without emotional scarring. I still HATE this storyline, but it's going to show Brennan that she isn't the only one who is damaged and broken. She knows alot about Booth's past, but I don't think she knows everything, And she will be there this time to see the damage and the effects on him 1st hand.

JoyBrennan-your post above, nailed it. Perfectly. I am looking forward to S6 (because it's like a trainwreck you can't look away from), but DREADING it at the same time. Really dreading it. The worst is not over. We will open S6 with the fall out of the year apart. As much as I hate the SO storyline-in a wierd, warped way I've come to realize it does make sense. If this were real life, a year is a long time to spend away from someone. Especially if that someone rejected you and didn't give you any reason NOT to move on. That will be the fall out. A big huge reset button. B&B are going to come back after a year apart, with 1 or possibly both having a SO. B&B will have to navigate their lives back in DC, their jobs, their working partnership. And they will have to re-adjust where they stand with each other on a personal basis. Brennan is likely to be more open, while Booth will probably be more closed off. Reset back to S1. I do not like it. At all. It's getting harder and harder to believe in this B&B love story, they are made for each other, they will end up together...
I thought that right up til the 100th Hart had painted himself into a corner with progressing B&B that he couldn't back himself out of. I was wrong. Now I'm feeling like hope is pretty much lost for S6, and I find myself wondering if they will really ever be together. If we are lucky, Hart will prove me wrong again and fix this, but I won't hold my breath.

Personally, I am really looking forward to learning about Booth's past. About his family and his inner demons (and I really want Brennan to tell him about what Pops told her about his dad).

And really like this storyline a lot better than the SOs because I don't think he would back with a SO and emotional/psychological issues because there can't be "happy" Booth with the sexy nurse and "emotionally tortured, messed up" Booth at the same time. Well, he could come home with emotional/psychological problems and GF who is helping him get through it, but I just don't see that happening. It's too conflicting.

But also think this could be good. I think Brennan knows a lot about Booth's past, but she doesn't know how damaged he is on the in side. Discovering how damaged he is could bring them closer together on a deeper emotional level because it would allow Brennan to be there for him and show him that she truly loves him.

It's okay to look on the bright side for once, guys. Wink
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:54 pm

I love Brennan; I agree that some of her comments about her sexual exploits were inappropriate, totally insensitive, and made me cringe but I attribute them to her trying to be normal--kind of like guy's locker room talk. She had no role model to show her how to integrate sexuality into her personae. Brennan never learned to balance heart and brain: in her quest for scientific completeness, she never edited, never left things out to spare someone else's feelings.

Hopefully, spending 12 months with Daisy will give her many opportunities to "hear" how inappropriate some things are when spoken aloud and to learn the value of editing.

One of the earlier writers commented on having to watch, like not being able to avert your eyes from a trainwreck. For me the worst thing is the pain in Booth's eyes sometimes--like in the soldier on the grave episode when Brennan couldn't not spew out everything she had to say. Brennan doesn't let us see her pain, she has spent a lifetime not acknowledging it. I'm not absolving her and I do understand the Brennan hate from the writers above. But, it bears remembering that their pain is why we love them so much.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:05 pm

jro54 wrote:
the beaver1965 wrote:Jro54, I dislike her character immensely. Being a woman myself, I can't believe how she treats this not only GORGEOUS but nice man. I know this wont happen, but I want to see him hurt her likes she constantly hurts him.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Yes, they are...but honestly, I don't see how she constantly hurts him. She doesn't get basic social interactions, yes. She also gives as good as she gets. The classic: when Booth starts teasing her about "squints" she replies, "Oh, you mean people with very high IQs and basic reasoning skills?" As for hurting him romantically.... In season 1, Booth is dating Tessa, thus he's completely unavailable romantically. Why would Brennan think anything she did sexually with anyone would matter? In season 2, Booth has been hooking up with his ex, (not just what we see, but in talking it's clear that it's been going on for a while.) and Brennan knows this. Then, he stops with the Rebecca and hooks up with Cam. From a woman's perspective, no matter HOW I feel about this man, and how close and intimate our emotional relationship is, I would definitely feel that the man wasn't interested in me. Brennan finds out Booth went to Rebecca to Cam - not to her. Clearly then, she's not in the running. Then, when Booth breaks up with Cam, he tells Brennan that people who work together should never get involved romantically. He then basically asks her help to make sure it doesn't happen to them. She agrees, and in the NEXT episode, she starts the relationship with Sully. How is this hurting Booth? Even though it's clear there's an attraction, one that Brennan has been aware of since day one, (even before the hundredth, that was pretty clear.) Booth has just told her that he's hands off. She has NO indication that Booth wants her as anything but a friend.

In season 3, Booth starts connecting the dots for himself - that scene in the courtroom where she's suggesting that she's the killer instead of her, Booth is in awe of her. I'd say that's when he starts to realize his own emotions towards her. This is also the season where Brennan gets to deal with all the dad stuff.

In season 4, there is some hurtful stuff, but also really considerate stuff. She DOESN'T hook up with the smooth jerk because she knew it would bother Booth. Booth doesn't make a move himself though, does he? The only direct information she's had from him is that they should never get together. He gets mad when she starts pursuing getting her "biological needs" met, but he never suggests he would want more from her himself.

Now, her willingness to believe the lies Jared tells her about Booth, after everything Booth and her have been through, THAT, was hurtful. She was SO desperate to find something that would make her longing for Booth lessen, she was willing to believe his smooth-talking brother. Of course, Jaret DID make is interest known to her right up front, and Brennan needs things like that to be obvious. She also is too dense to realize the sibling rivalry issues at work. Her believing Jaret is something she REALLY regrets, AND, it's actually the "trigger" for Brennan to start investigating for herself if love, in the way Booth talks about it, could be real. From here on, B and B are trying to figure out if they could make this work. Booth starts flirting with her, (the librarian thing) and Brennan starts facing her fears about love - and her own worthiness. She wants Booth's baby...well, Cam voices the truth about that, she wants a connection to BOOTH. She can't tell him that though; she 's afraid of him rejecting her and tells him "he wouldn't have to be involved." She's trying to make it less loaded - unwittingly making it worse. However, Stewie, also had a point - Booth needed to "grow a set" and tell her not only that he couldn't be involved unless he was a real father to the kid, but that HE WANTED TO have a kid with her and be the father. Maybe all of that would have been worked out if there wasn't the whole brain tumor thing. That's why the brain tumor thing was thrown in - to slow down the process.

In season five, she's flipped out by her own writing and Booth's coma connection. She can't be completely sure if his feeling are real, and Booth can't either. (I am NOT going to get into just HOW lame that premise is. Rolling Eyes That's a completely different thread. :p) Hacker is introduced, and she tells him about the meatloaf. She doesn't realize just how much Booth has told her over the years that he hasn't told anyone else. When Booth expresses that, and his hurt, Brennan DUMPS Hacker, and takes BOOTH as her date to the museum, and Brennan opens up to love, and to Booth, more and more. She gets involved with Parker, with Booth's grandfather. She's the one who points out to Booth that he can't take time off to take care of Pops because he has to be able to take care of Parker. Then, there's the hundredth. Yes, she hurts him there. I'm not going to get into the hundredth, I think anyone whose been reading this forum for a while knows what I think of it. Very Happy

That's three times in five years - certainly not a constant.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:25 pm

I think that is a GREAT overview of some of the progression of B/B revealing their feelings towards each other over the seasons. Well said!

And while it's hard for me to pick a favorite season, and I have episodes from each season that totally stand out... this progression of Brennan exploring her feelings and Booth "opening up" more is one of the reasons season 4 is probably my favorite! (And the start of season 5) (And I love the Stewie quote too... to "grow a set" LOL)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:36 pm

the beaver1965 wrote:I want to see something similar to when Brennan was naked in bed with Sully. Is there something wrong for wanting to see a scene like that?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Very Happy. I want to see a scene like that with BRENNAN and BOOTH. Half-naked DB, turned on the way Emily played Brennan in that scene? OH YEA! drunken Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:12 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:I think that is a GREAT overview of some of the progression of B/B revealing their feelings towards each other over the seasons. Well said!

And while it's hard for me to pick a favorite season, and I have episodes from each season that totally stand out... this progression of Brennan exploring her feelings and Booth "opening up" more is one of the reasons season 4 is probably my favorite! (And the start of season 5) (And I love the Stewie quote too... to "grow a set" LOL)

Thanks! Smile I think for me, one of the things that got to me about Brennan was that she was ALWAYS attracted to Booth, but never thought she could have him. There's that great moment in the Katrina/New Orleans episode when she asks him why he's being nice to her. She can't fathom a man showing care and concern about her without wanting something sexual from her, or having some kind of agenda. It's clear to her Booth isn't going for either of those things, but with all her brilliance, the idea that he just admires and respects her never occurred to her. She goes around stating the fact that she's the best in the world at what she does, and that she's brilliant - but she doesn't see herself as warranting kindness. She doesn't know how to express her emotions, and even if she did, she doesn't believe they would be returned. Someone should try going through the episodes to see how many times she says, "I have to go, Booth's waiting for me." EVERY time she says that, Emily has Brennan light up. Being able to work with Booth is like her whole world. As it's been said a few times in thpis thread; this is a story about a big love. (At least it was until recently. Now it's about formulas they THINK will keep audiences watching longer. Mad )
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next