Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The finale and what you think it means for next season

+48
gordongordonfan
katharine
dreamerktm411
Pat
joybrennan
the beaver1965
happylama2
a_rangergrl2
DONEWITHIT
sanasus
crzy4bones
heirofloki
boothbrennan13
cdngirl74
boothgirl47
DoctorB
sparklyshoes
spectacularviews
SnoopGirl
THX1138
mereva
hokorii
elyon
booksandbones
Dancin' Phalanges
adhma
Emme
HeyHey
kat0505
jsgemini
Brain&Heart
recoveringbonesaddict
nati.cba
Beliskner
bones20
BBShipper
Lorna Doone
mommahurley
Kamera
tinkrella
jro54
Maureen
sarabrowncolorado
bonesparticulat
BumbleB89
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
treble21
52 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 8 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:08 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
jro54 wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I don't even know what to make of the potential SO storyline anymore..The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. It makes NO sense at all. .Booth in a war zone? Coming back with a SO, and potential "issues". It's plausible I guess, but I'm not really sold on it But then again I wasn't sold on the Army storyline either so whatever.
If Sweets and Daisy come back with others, are we really going to care? I won't. So that wouldn't make much sense either.
Hopefully it's just a plant storyline from HH to keep us talking about the show over the summer. With any luck he's gotten enough backlash to reconsider, but I doubt it. We don't know anything for sure until the sides come out or someone from the show confirms it. Regardless, it's a really STUPID attempt to stall the inevitable.

I think it would be completely unrealistic for Booth to come home issues and a GF. I just can't picture "happy" Booth with a sexy nurse and "emotional tortured messed up" Booth at the same time, I quess it could happen. IDK

I know. Realistically it's more likely for Brennan to come home with a SO (My husband and I actually have a bet going on-he thinks it will be Brennan, I think it will be Booth) Brennan won't come home with the emotional baggage that Booth is likely too, but isn't the whole time jump/year apart for her to put things into perspective? Her job, her partnership, and what her relationship to Booth means? So she is supposed to love Booth but she's afraid to hurt him. And she's on an island to gain perspective on that, only to come home with someone else? Sorry-not buying that either. We are supposed to believe in this relationship, that these 2 characters belong together, but after 8 years they are hooking up with other people? I'd like to know what math gets HH to that conclusion. Personally I think he's loco

It doesn't make sense for either of them to come home with SO. I so hope the SO thing is just Marisa's and Ausiello's interpretation of what is going to happen because the rumor came out the night the finale aired and that is way too early for them to be giving spoilers out that are that specific. And it's the reporters' jobs to make people talk like when we first heard about Catherine, I read so many articles about how Rena Sofer was going to become a new cast member and a "potential" love interest for Booth blah blah blah, but she was only in 3 scenes.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

The finale and what you think it means for next season - Page 8 Empty Re: The finale and what you think it means for next season

Post by joybrennan Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:54 am

jro54 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:Frankly, if it has to be anyone, I hope it's Daisy. Then Sweets can go to therapy with Dr. Gordon. Twisted Evil

Me too! I recall HH saying something about S&D's relationship being a see saw to B&B's relationship, so if S&D don't wait for each other, I guess B&B will?? IDK.
Realistically, I don't think S&D will wait for each other because they are young and they are "in love" but it seems like it's more of just in the moment kind of love where as B&B are meant to be and they are each others BIG LOVE.

You know, he did say that. So...I'm going to postulate a POSSIBLE positive theory (don't die of shock Laughing). HH had Daisy and Sweets break up at the airport and say they WILL NOT wait for each other. B & B meet up at the airport and promise they WILL meet up in a year's time - in a place that's special to them. While it's not explict, it is POSSIBLE, that HH meant that to be in contrast to D & S and that B&B will wait for each other. Just like in last year's finale he says that he meant the "who are you?" to mean Booth didn't know if Brennan was his wife or work partner. The man isn't great at finales.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:13 am

This Significant Other storyline is so ridiculous, it boggles my mind. It is QUITE OBVIOUS that have nothing else to write about. I recently read AFTER A FULL YEAR that are going to revisit the Brennan (I want to have a baby story). Just goes to show me that they are floundering for plots. The 100th episode was a GREAT episode, even though it was very depressing for me. After that episode, the writing and the stories were so bad, especially the finale. It really is a shame for Hanson to waste the the acting talents of DB/ED and their unsurpassed chemistry on inferior writing. Emily and David are a once in a decade couple as Booth and Brennan. Hanson got VERY LUCKY when he cast these two for the leads. Look what happened when HH tried to start another show without ED/DB. Down the tubes.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:22 am

I'm ok with the Brennan/Baby story line-as long as it's done right. And by done right-she and Booth in a relationship and none of that artificial insemination BS.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by happylama2 Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I'm ok with the Brennan/Baby story line-as long as it's done right. And by done right-she and Booth in a relationship and none of that artificial insemination BS.

Lol, as a woman with a baby, I really don't want a baby storyline, ya know? I want to watch my tv sexy non-couple be a sexy tv couple for a while first. Smile

happylama2
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:30 am

Yep-I totally get that. I don't want them to have a baby this season. But I think just because they explore that possibility doesn't mean that it would happen-it could be that Hodgela gets pregnant and Brennan starts to think about her future and what she wants. Progression, you know? But I think HH forgot what that means.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:23 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Yep-I totally get that. I don't want them to have a baby this season. But I think just because they explore that possibility doesn't mean that it would happen-it could be that Hodgela gets pregnant and Brennan starts to think about her future and what she wants. Progression, you know? But I think HH forgot what that means.

Yep. I agree. I don't want them to have a baby just yet, but just because they are going to explore the possibility it doesn't mean she will get pregnant. It's like what you said, maybe seeing Angela and Hodgins together will make Brennan think about the future and what kind of relationship she really wants with Booth.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:26 am

the beaver1965 wrote:This Significant Other storyline is so ridiculous, it boggles my mind. It is QUITE OBVIOUS that have nothing else to write about. I recently read AFTER A FULL YEAR that are going to revisit the Brennan (I want to have a baby story). Just goes to show me that they are floundering for plots. The 100th episode was a GREAT episode, even though it was very depressing for me. After that episode, the writing and the stories were so bad, especially the finale. It really is a shame for Hanson to waste the the acting talents of DB/ED and their unsurpassed chemistry on inferior writing. Emily and David are a once in a decade couple as Booth and Brennan. Hanson got VERY LUCKY when he cast these two for the leads. Look what happened when HH tried to start another show without ED/DB. Down the tubes.

I agree. I used to think that HH was a brilliant writer and he had a clever plan to bring B&B together, but now I'm starting to think he only cares about getting a reaction from the fans, whether they are happy or not.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:48 am

HH just tweeted: "We meet on Monday to start planning the last 2/3 of Season VI. We'll get a small idea of who will guest star but we don't know".

I have so many emotions going through me right now. Very Happy Laughing Shocked Sad Mad Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:05 am

A
happylama2 wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I'm ok with the Brennan/Baby story line-as long as it's done right. And by done right-she and Booth in a relationship and none of that artificial insemination BS.

Lol, as a woman with a baby, I really don't want a baby storyline, ya know? I want to watch my tv sexy non-couple be a sexy tv couple for a while first. Smile
I agree. However, TALKING about wanting a baby is an entirely different thing. Wink Perhaps the fact that Brennan ONLY wants Booth's baby will open up a discussion about "why is that, Brennan?" Booth, right before the brain tumor said he would have to "be" the father, not just a donor. Brennan told her cousin that if their was a REASON to get married she would. You see where I'm going with this? Very Happy Last year's finale ended with her being pregnant. Maybe that's how he's going to end the series - after being together for a while, perhaps even married - Brennan gets pregnant. It's the end AND, B&B the beginning of a completely different life. sunny

Gosh, that's TWO positive possibility posts from me in the same day! Laughing I REALLY must be desperate to avoid what seems inevitable. Neutral
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:16 am

Hey!
I can't wait till season 6. Smile
Does anyone remember about what time last summer the sides for the first episode were released?
Last year I didn't look at spoilers so I don't really know.
Thanks! Smile
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:34 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Yep-I totally get that. I don't want them to have a baby this season. But I think just because they explore that possibility doesn't mean that it would happen-it could be that Hodgela gets pregnant and Brennan starts to think about her future and what she wants. Progression, you know? But I think HH forgot what that means.
O.K. - This is bad,I couldn't help this:
INTERVIEWER: Could you explain more of about what has been occurring on "Bones" in terms of character and story progression?

HH: Progression? I don't know what that means.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:58 am

Dreamer- I think sometime in August. I know that's when the promos come out. I'm excited too!
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:00 am

joybrennan wrote:
O.K. - This is bad,I couldn't help this:
INTERVIEWER: Could you explain more of about what has been occurring on "Bones" in terms of character and story progression?

HH: Progression? I don't know what that means.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm starting to think that HH cares more about getting a reaction from the fans, whether it's good or bad, than writing a good story. Crying or Very sad
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:01 am

jro54 wrote:Dreamer- I think sometime in August. I know that's when the promos come out. I'm excited too!

Thanks! Smile
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm not going to drown myself in negativity, but I don't think HH is as smart as we think he is. Sometimes I think his only intention is to "shake things up" instead writing a good story...And I really hope he doesn't do anything like just have Booth come home with a GF with no apparent reason than just to "shake things up" It would be so unrealistic because knowing Booth's character and how feels about what he did over seas, he will probably come home with some emotional baggage instead of GF and you can't really have "happy" Booth with a sexy nurse and "messed up" Booth at same time...or have B&B realize that they are right for each other in the very last episode of the series and just push them together in a unrealistic way.

And I also think he could be just playing us. I don't think I have ever read a tweet or interview where he isn't playing with us and he doesn't say, "I don't know" or "maybe, maybe not." He can't say "there hasn't been in progress in B&B's relationship or in Brennan's character." His whole show is about how B&B's relationship evolves and progresses and Brennan's character development. Emily seems to think that Brennan has made some progress in her character development.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:26 pm

jro54 wrote:I'm not going to drown myself in negativity, but I don't think HH is as smart as we think he is. Sometimes I think his only intention is to "shake things up" instead writing a good story...And I really hope he doesn't do anything like just have Booth come home with a GF with no apparent reason than just to "shake things up" It would be so unrealistic because knowing Booth's character and how feels about what he did over seas, he will probably come home with some emotional baggage instead of GF and you can't really have "happy" Booth with a sexy nurse and "messed up" Booth at same time...or have B&B realize that they are right for each other in the very last episode of the series and just push them together in a unrealistic way.

And I also think he could be just playing us. I don't think I have ever read a tweet or interview where he isn't playing with us and he doesn't say, "I don't know" or "maybe, maybe not." He can't say "there hasn't been in progress in B&B's relationship or in Brennan's character." His whole show is about how B&B's relationship evolves and progresses and Brennan's character development. Emily seems to think that Brennan has made some progress in her character development.

Emily is also a producer. Wink Over the last five years Brennan has. She's taken major leaps over the last two. That's why the 100th ending was frustrating. Booth acted like he knew NOTHING about how to approach Brennan and Brennan appeared not to have taken certain leaps that we saw her do. Yes, she was emotional, but her willingness to be so with Booth has been around for quite a while now.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:11 am

I'm confused. It was my understanding that Bones has been renewed for two years but lots of people mention end of series in their comments. I have been building my hopes around them getting together in season 6 and we get to be happy with them in season 7.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:14 am

Bones has not been officially renewed for Season 7. Season 6 is all that is guaranteed at this time. The confusion is coming from the length of Emily's contract, which I believe goes through season 7 or season 8, and the syndication contract which also was renewed for 1 or 2 more seasons.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:23 am

Thanks for information. Does watching Bones in the off season help assure powers that be that a good fanbase exists? I watch my own DVD's but will leave every TV in the house on for every re-run if that will keeps Bones around for a longer time (assure contract renewal).

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:34 am

Re-runs don't guarantee a new contract, TNT is the main syndication network and had to buy syndication from Fox. TNT syndication has introduced Bones to a broader spectrum of potential viewers, so in a way it has helped the show, by gaining new viewers. I watch the re-runs on TNT when I'm home and there is nothing else on-plus it gives me a chance to go back and DVR my favorites. Very Happy
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:43 am

Not only is Hanson going to revisit the Brennan wants to have a baby story line from S4, but now I read that we might finally see what was in the letter that Brennan wrote in the first gravedigger episode of S2. ONLY TOOK 4 YEARS. He is scrambling for plots.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Not only is Hanson going to revisit the Brennan wants to have a baby story line from S4, but now I read that we might finally see what was in the letter that Brennan wrote in the first gravedigger episode of S2. ONLY TOOK 4 YEARS. He is scrambling for plots.

Fan: "Will we ever find out what was in Brennan's letter from 'Aliens in a Spaceship'?"

Hart: "Yes. But I suppose I get to write that one because @squarechicken didn't put it in the Gravedigger Trial."

He also said in his tweet that SN was supposed to write into the GD episode, but for someone reason he didn't, so HH has to write it now. I highly doubt the letter is a love letter to Booth considering how her character was in S2, but we can be excited for this because this means that GD might come back and I always thought the GD episodes were good.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:23 am

the beaver1965 wrote:Not only is Hanson going to revisit the Brennan wants to have a baby story line from S4, but now I read that we might finally see what was in the letter that Brennan wrote in the first gravedigger episode of S2. ONLY TOOK 4 YEARS. He is scrambling for plots.
OMG! I totally agree with this: He is scrambling for plots.
I find that he jumps around with things and leaves a lot of things
"out there" for interpretation by the viewers when there are MANY things that could be put into an episode"

• Brennan's Grandfather

• Booth's Mother - What did she do when Gramps asked her husband to leave? Was she still alive?

• Inability to pick an intern, even though Booth and Brennan discussed Brennan picking one a long time ago, but they still keep rotating them without any mention of picking one!

• What was in Brennan's letter in Aliens

And the list could go on .... and on ... and on.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:51 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
OMG! I totally agree with this: He is scrambling for plots.
I find that he jumps around with things and leaves a lot of things
"out there" for interpretation by the viewers when there are MANY things that could be put into an episode"

• Brennan's Grandfather

• Booth's Mother - What did she do when Gramps asked her husband to leave? Was she still alive?

• Inability to pick an intern, even though Booth and Brennan discussed Brennan picking one a long time ago, but they still keep rotating them without any mention of picking one!

• What was in Brennan's letter in Aliens

And the list could go on .... and on ... and on.

I don't know that Booth's mom is a storyline that has ever been visited on the show (your other points on the list have all had a signifigant part of the story). Booth's mom is almost like a footnote . She was only ever briefly mentioned twice ( first time near the beginning of the show when Booth tells Brennan that she was a jingle writer, and the second time when her meatloaf was mentioned). It is however a story I would like to hear..... what did happen to Booth's mom? cause she certainly wasn't around when he was a teenager living with pops.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next