Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

+26
the beaver1965
DBCrazy
ReginaPhalange
Angela
THX1138
Meegs82
19ana89
dawnsfire
lance2376
tinkrella
loserette
CiscoAg
aardvark508
anteater
heirofloki
bones206
HeyHey
ToZiKa
mereva
TinkonBrink
jcn747
jagglebells
treble21
SocksNTies
bugaboo628
30 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool" - Page 4 Empty Re: Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

Post by 19ana89 Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:56 am

TinkonBrink wrote:Ah yes Mereva...Perhaps you are right?
Alas, the big forehead man is too mighty for my poisoned cookies (darn it!)
(and since you've whipped out you love triangles pic...thought I'd get mine out as well!)
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
(Yeah, I know this pic only works if the new sexy scientist it blonde...*pauses* Just stopped to think about that one for a second there...What are we...back three seasons ago? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes and again for good measure Rolling Eyes )

I can only assume from this new love quadrangle that Brennan realises she loves Booth, thinks he does not love her and proceeds to make all our lives miserable by dragging Mr Stupid Face Big Forehead Man back into the picture? Meanwhile in Boothville, Booth's still in love with Brennan but thinks that she does not love him...enter stage left Miss Sexy Scientist... Rolling Eyes
I'm off folks to stick bubble wrap around any and all hard surfaces and sharp edges... I have an overpowering need to *HeadDesk* right now!!!

LOL love the pic!
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool" - Page 4 Empty Re: Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

Post by mereva Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:15 am

I just read on LJ a comment from someone whose cousin works on set: "...The only thing he heard is that it's going to be very twisty and there are times we're going to want to throw socks at our TVs but it will all work out eventually."

I have NO IDEA if this source is reliable!
Anyway... *whining* I doooooon't waaaaaant "twisty"! Nooooooooooooooo.... I dooooon't...
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:13 am

treble21 wrote:hmm i had written this whole post about the meaning of coffee last night and now I can't find it, maybe I forgot to hit send or it's in a different thread? LOL

Ok so my thought is this, the reason that I'm not at all worried about Brennan's coffee date with Hacker is this, Coffee is the date that you go on when you want to spend the least amount of time with someone ( popular with blind dates the world over) or when you want to have a quick conversation with a friend. My guess is that she's going on that coffee date to drop some bad news on Hacker ( she's just not that interested) Plus the whole coffee thing makes me think of that conversation that she had with Booth at the beginning of Season 3 in Sweets office where she says something like "So that's what we are? we're coffee?" and she's kinda irked about it.
I don't really want to discuss my feelings about Booth's lunch date Wink ( although again, lunch is something you tend to do with friends, dinner is the big date)

I have the feeling that I've read this before, so it might be in another thread
I hope you're right with the coffee-theory

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:30 am

ToZiKa wrote:
treble21 wrote:hmm i had written this whole post about the meaning of coffee last night and now I can't find it, maybe I forgot to hit send or it's in a different thread? LOL

Ok so my thought is this, the reason that I'm not at all worried about Brennan's coffee date with Hacker is this, Coffee is the date that you go on when you want to spend the least amount of time with someone ( popular with blind dates the world over) or when you want to have a quick conversation with a friend. My guess is that she's going on that coffee date to drop some bad news on Hacker ( she's just not that interested) Plus the whole coffee thing makes me think of that conversation that she had with Booth at the beginning of Season 3 in Sweets office where she says something like "So that's what we are? we're coffee?" and she's kinda irked about it.
I don't really want to discuss my feelings about Booth's lunch date Wink ( although again, lunch is something you tend to do with friends, dinner is the big date)

Ok good so I'm not crazy, I wrote it pretty late last night, but I was sure I posted it somewhere LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 am

treble21 wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:

Ok good so I'm not crazy, I wrote it pretty late last night, but I was sure I posted it somewhere LOL

it wasn't the same but it was very similar and somewhere in the spoiler thread

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:33 am

treble21 wrote:
tinkrella wrote:I'm new here too! I do find it odd that hacker has stayed around. it seems like he's there for a reason...i just don't know what that reason is.

I think this will end up being good. it may not seem it at first, but when do these sides ever seem good at first?

To me, it is very telling that these to characters are number one: named cathy and andy! and number two: seem to be complete opposites of booth/brennan. Catherine is a scientist, but she follows her gut. She goes with her instinct. All the traits that booth often pokes fun at brennan and perhaps wishes she had. Hacker is also not like booth. He openly shows his affection towards bones. He puts his heart out there. Doesn't poke fun at her short comings. Things like that.

Welcome Tink! Yeah I agree that it's very possible that Brennan is going for coffee with Hacker to tell him that she's not interested, in fact at this point I think it's likely. Coffee tends the be the "date" option that is chosen when you want to spend the least amount of time with the person that your meeting ( very popular with blind dates the world over).

Wow I totally never realized that connection between the names, you're right!!! He's "dating" a Catherine (Kathy) and she's "dating" an Andrew (Andy)... Those names had to have been picked for a reason LOL

that's the one I was talking about

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:47 am

ToZiKa wrote:
treble21 wrote:
tinkrella wrote:I'm new here too! I do find it odd that hacker has stayed around. it seems like he's there for a reason...i just don't know what that reason is.

I think this will end up being good. it may not seem it at first, but when do these sides ever seem good at first?

To me, it is very telling that these to characters are number one: named cathy and andy! and number two: seem to be complete opposites of booth/brennan. Catherine is a scientist, but she follows her gut. She goes with her instinct. All the traits that booth often pokes fun at brennan and perhaps wishes she had. Hacker is also not like booth. He openly shows his affection towards bones. He puts his heart out there. Doesn't poke fun at her short comings. Things like that.

Welcome Tink! Yeah I agree that it's very possible that Brennan is going for coffee with Hacker to tell him that she's not interested, in fact at this point I think it's likely. Coffee tends the be the "date" option that is chosen when you want to spend the least amount of time with the person that your meeting ( very popular with blind dates the world over).

Wow I totally never realized that connection between the names, you're right!!! He's "dating" a Catherine (Kathy) and she's "dating" an Andrew (Andy)... Those names had to have been picked for a reason LOL

LMAO I totally saw that post I just didn't read it all .... Wow I feel incredibly stupid right now Laughing
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 am

treble21 wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:
treble21 wrote:

LMAO I totally saw that post I just didn't read it all .... Wow I feel incredibly stupid right now Laughing
I did that too the first time I looked for it
in a slightly more thorough research I finally found it

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by CiscoAg Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:38 am

Okay, I know this is just a TV show but seriously... All these "twists" are going to give me whiplash.

And as far as Hacker goes, I'm not worried at all. I mean, he's competing with Special Agent Seeley Booth here...[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Brennan is a genius. I think she can tell who's the better catch.
CiscoAg
CiscoAg
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 62
Say What You Want : Writer. Musician. Lover of Night Cheese and The Savior.

I go to Texas A&M University. Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2012.

Follow me on Twitter and/or Tumblr!

www.twitter.com/tinacisco

http://frandisco.tumblr.com

Registration date : 2010-01-31

http://www.twitter.com/tinacisco

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:51 am

mereva wrote:I just read on LJ a comment from someone whose cousin works on set: "...The only thing he heard is that it's going to be very twisty and there are times we're going to want to throw socks at our TVs but it will all work out eventually."

Anyway... *whining* I doooooon't waaaaaant "twisty"! Nooooooooooooooo.... I dooooon't...

Throwing SOCKS?
I can tell you now...it'll be more than socks getting thrown at the TV!
Twisty? Twisty? TWISTY????
Did we ask for twisty?
Let's take a vote peeps...raise your hands if you wanted twisty *Quickly scans the crowd* That's what I thought! Not one vote for twisty! Tut!

*whispers* For some unknown reason my brain came up with a very angsy end to this eppy. What if Booth takes Calvin Klein to the Royal Diner for their date? The Royal Diner is over the road (more or less) from The Founding Fathers...What if Brennan's coming out of the bar when she spots Booth with...HER? 'Kay I'm going to stop right there coz I don't cope well with angst pale ...Find a happy place, Find a happy place...Hacker transferred to the FBI offices in Alaska, Catherine sent on a research trip to Indonesia to study Box jellyfish...*breathes* It's okay, I'm good!
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:40 am

TinkonBrink wrote:
mereva wrote:I just read on LJ a comment from someone whose cousin works on set: "...The only thing he heard is that it's going to be very twisty and there are times we're going to want to throw socks at our TVs but it will all work out eventually."

Throwing SOCKS?
Did we ask for twisty?
Let's take a vote peeps...raise your hands if you wanted twisty *Quickly scans the crowd* That's what I thought! Not one vote for twisty! Tut!

*whispers* For some unknown reason my brain came up with a very angsy end to this eppy. What if Booth takes Calvin Klein to the Royal Diner for their date? The Royal Diner is over the road (more or less) from The Founding Fathers...What if Brennan's coming out of the bar when she spots Booth with...HER? 'Kay I'm going to stop right there coz I don't cope well with angst pale ...Find a happy place, Find a happy place...Hacker transferred to the FBI offices in Alaska, Catherine sent on a research trip to Indonesia to study Box jellyfish...*breathes* It's okay, I'm good!

This is my biggest fear!!! Because clearly there are only two (well three if you still count wong foo's) places to eat in DC and they aren't going to build a set just so we can see him out on a date with catherine (evil shark week queen) so brennan could run into them! I'm all about jealous brennan. It would be cute to see her get all nervous and jealous. It wont be cute to see her looking at them from the outside with tears in her eyes. ED's tears are like instant water works for me lol I'd prefer brennan to know about the date rather than have her actually SEE it in action. that just seems all sorts of cruel to me if her "coffee" really is just "coffee"

I'm sure it's all a miscommunication and it works out but it may not get resolved all at once. in that case i'll be throwing way more than socks at the tv!!

Going back to the very first eppy of the season avalon did say "don't worry this all works out eventually" and i have to assume that was a hint from hart to US not just booth lol

Also, remember last years finale...the whole "do you love me?" "Want me to prove it to you thing?" I have a feeling that will come back. I could actually see brennan asking him that sometime after all this goes down.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:55 am

CiscoAg wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image] Brennan is a genius. I think she can tell who's the better catch.

lol! lol! lol!
*wipes tears out of eyes*
Oh! That picture is pure GOLD! (Suddenly my angst is gone! cheers )
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:40 pm

TinkonBrink wrote:
CiscoAg wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image] Brennan is a genius. I think she can tell who's the better catch.

lol! lol! lol!
*wipes tears out of eyes*
Oh! That picture is pure GOLD! (Suddenly my angst is gone! cheers )

lol! lol!
OMG his forehead looks like a satellite dish!!!! I don't understand how he can have soo much hair, there is like no room left on his head, his forehead takes all the space. The dumbest person in the world would have no trouble picking the right guy!!!!
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 pm

tinkrella wrote:
TinkonBrink wrote:

Throwing SOCKS?
Did we ask for twisty?

This is my biggest fear!!! Because clearly there are only two (well three if you still count wong foo's) places to eat in DC and they aren't going to build a set just so we can see him out on a date with catherine (evil shark week queen) so brennan could run into them! I'm all about jealous brennan. It would be cute to see her get all nervous and jealous. It wont be cute to see her looking at them from the outside with tears in her eyes. ED's tears are like instant water works for me lol I'd prefer brennan to know about the date rather than have her actually SEE it in action. that just seems all sorts of cruel to me if her "coffee" really is just "coffee"

I'm sure it's all a miscommunication and it works out but it may not get resolved all at once. in that case i'll be throwing way more than socks at the tv!!

Going back to the very first eppy of the season avalon did say "don't worry this all works out eventually" and i have to assume that was a hint from hart to US not just booth lol

Also, remember last years finale...the whole "do you love me?" "Want me to prove it to you thing?" I have a feeling that will come back. I could actually see brennan asking him that sometime after all this goes down.

I think I'm actually starting to like that idea.
She doesn't seem to get it any other way and why should she not have to see Booth on a date, when he had to watch her date every guy she run into in the last years?
It would only be fair and maybe she would finally realize, that while he might still be there for her he won't wait for her to realize her feelings for that much longer........

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:46 pm

ToZiKa wrote:
bones206 wrote:If anyone noticed, I think that they cut out the coffee scene... Well, it has a big X through it... I think that means that they cut it out...

unfortunatly not
the X is just there because the scene wasn't important for the person who got the script
at least that's what I think it means

That's exactly what that means.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

You know, I've stayed out of this until now and honestly, if I wasn't procrastinating writing up a report for work right now I'd still be out of it but...what the heck, right? So I read the same sides all y'all did and lo' and behold I'm going to be the calm, rational one now.

I think we're getting carried away here because HH has screwed us in the past and the man is notoriously crafty, but the way I read it it's less worrisome than troubling - does that make sense. I say it's less worrisome because there's nothing there between Booth and Christine, not that there couldn't be but, he won't let there be anything more - he pretty much says that when he starts to protest and she makes the comment that it doesn't have to mean anything, she can just tell he needs female company, and that's what I think the real issue here is. We get so caught up in the B&B aspect of things, especially the fact that they're both so close to figuring it out, that we forget what this has done to him specifically.

I think because Booth needs this, he needs the attention from a woman who's not Brennan, not a friend. He's still a man and even though it's been his choice he's basically put his entire life on hold for the last two and a half years while waiting for Brennan to "get it" and here she is, she's dating Hacker, making googoo eyes at him in the lab, and now going out for coffee with him. Sure, Booth shoul have manned up by now and said something, anything really (almost , I mean no more "atta girls" please). But can you blame him for NOT saying it when he can't figure her out? Every time she responds to Hacker it's got to feel like he's getting kicked in the teeth. I think his going out with Catherine is just his way of answering his need for companionship from a woman who's not a friend, someone who wants to be with him for him. Christine provides that here, and maybe Brennan needs to figure things out, and Brennan getting jealous would be a good thing really. At least it'd be a change in the status quo.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 pm

I take no credit for this observation, which I have shamefully lifted from other forums, but until it was pointed out to me, I had not twigged that Booth and Brennan are dating Andy and C/Kathy. The sub-par versions of themselves? ;-D

Make of that what you will.

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:53 pm

I think it's going to be okay, I never panic about sides because they don't give you the whole picture.
As far as them 'dating' I think it's a good move, some people need to see what they could loose before they do the right thing and in this case I think Brennan will realise that there aren't many men like Booth out there and that she really only wants one man, one hunk of a man that we all know as Special Agent Seeley Booth I love you
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Aha. She should realise something and he's all saint. Great.
So it's OK that he makes a move on another woman but not on Brennan whom he's so in love with?! Don't think so.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:16 pm

mereva wrote:Aha. She should realise something and he's all saint. Great.
So it's OK that he makes a move on another woman but not on Brennan whom he's so in love with?! Don't think so.
Now that's an interesting interpretation of what was said. I guess the flipside would be: he should give up any hope of a social life that's not Brennan-centric until he makes his move, meanwhile she should feel free to work her way through DC's list of most eligible bachelors? I mean, it's an interesting take. Nothing would inspire more confidence in me to bare my soul to the love of my life than to know she's still interested in dating my Boss. Especially if, when I needed her most, she got on a plane and fled the country for six weeks. What spells love and devotion like abandonment and seeing other people, right?

Seriously, I don't think he's all saint, and he's definitely got issues and problems, made his share of mistakes. But is he always going to be the one taking risks and doing the heavy lifting in their relationship, or is Brennan expected to do anything other than let him love her? I know that Brennan's had to make a lot of adaptations and realizations just to get where she is, but she didn't make them alone - he was there every step of the way pushing and prodding, trying to get her to see the bigger picture, to realize love and what it could be. He's put in the effort, for years now, and her response (sans a nice speech here or there) has been to date Hacker. So sorry if I don't exactly see him as being an asshole for going to lunch with someone whom he's only interested in as a friend.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Nope, Robert. Not an asshole. BUT! He have to man up already! Why can't he tell her how he's feeling about her instead fo going out with another one?! Oh wow.
And all those Hackers will disappear right after he tells her, she won't need any other men.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 pm

mereva wrote:Nope, Robert. Not an asshole. BUT! He have to man up already! Why can't he tell her how he's feeling about her instead fo going out with another one?! Oh wow.
And all those Hackers will disappear right after he tells her, she won't need any other men.
Wait a minute though, so it's still all on him right? Don't get me wrong, I want him to man up too - hell, I've called him a flat out coward before - but basically Brennan has no responsibility in this relationship at all, it's all on him? That's just such the incentive for him to go out and declare his undying love.

Eventually Brennan has to take some responsibility. She's spent four years telling him she didn't believe in love, one 30 second speech changes a lot but not everything. So if we take you're argument and apply it to her, all she has to do is stop dating sub-standard men and tell him she's interested and *poof* no more problem, no more Christine.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm

For me, they're both stupid: she's going out with one surrogate, he - with another one. Kindergarten, really!.. No
I'm very afraid of this Dr. Klein though - Brennan's relationships tend not to hold for any significant time. But his realtionship... it's another story, it could hold.

Last edited by mereva on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 pm

As soon as the words 'atta girl' came out of his mouth I called him a chicken too.
Part of me thinks that Brennan knows what she feels for Booth and part of me thinks that she's still unsure. Maybe she doesn't want to risk their friendship in case it all goes wrong!
I don't think anything is going to happen with Dr Klein, in the sides he didn't seem interested in pursuing it with her, she made it clear that she was just offering him some company. Booth has admitted his feelings for Brennan and I don't think he would do anything to jepordise that and I wouldn't be upset if he was doing it to see if she felt as bad as he did when she agreed to the first date with Hacker.
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 pm

mereva wrote:For me, they're both stupid: she's going out with one surrogat, he - with another one. Kindergarten, really!.. No
I'm very afraid of this Dr. Klein though - Brennan's relationships tend not to hold for any significant time. But his realtionship... it's another story, it could hold.
I'd normally agree, but careful reading of the sides indicate that he's all but told her up front he's not interested in more than being "friends", and to her credit that's all she offers him. You're right, though, they really are idiots. She's going out with second stringers and he's sitting on his hands instead of making his move. Morons, the lot of them.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next