Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

+26
the beaver1965
DBCrazy
ReginaPhalange
Angela
THX1138
Meegs82
19ana89
dawnsfire
lance2376
tinkrella
loserette
CiscoAg
aardvark508
anteater
heirofloki
bones206
HeyHey
ToZiKa
mereva
TinkonBrink
jcn747
jagglebells
treble21
SocksNTies
bugaboo628
30 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool" - Page 3 Empty Re: Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

Post by mereva Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:49 am

How many episodes do we get in this season? (Meaning, how many episodes after this ep do we have to get it fixed or to get it screwed up completely?)
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool" - Page 3 Empty Re: Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

Post by ToZiKa Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:52 am

I have no idea, I'd guess 22-24
that's the norm I think

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:57 am

22 eps I think.
So if this is ep 18...
5.19?
5.20 ? Diggy back?
5.21 Kathy Reichs eppy
5.22 Jared's Wedding (Or a Jared's Wedding/Diggy double whammy? Jared: "Where are all my wedding guests?" *Phone rings* "Hello?"
Diggy: "This is the Grave Digger I have taken all your wedding guests you will not get them back unless you get me out of jail. This will be my final communication *manic laughter*" Razz )
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:11 am

Tinkon, as always you managed to cheer me up. Smile Because honestly after those sides I feel like... how can I describe it... ill? diggy?devastated? Bad! I so want them to finally get together - and what HH does? He breaks my heart into tiny pieces.

Last edited by mereva on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:48 am

It's interesting to me that the Gravedigger trial epi is after this one... imagine the torture of Brennan having to testify about that note, all the while thinking that Booth is dating another woman.... remember the stares in Verdict when Booth was testifying that Brennan had the time to commit the murder? yeah I'm thinking we'd get a couple of those.....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:02 am

mereva wrote:Tinkon, as always you managed to cheer me up. Smile Because honestly after those sides I feel like... how can I describe it... ill? diggy?devastated? Bad! I so want them to finally get together - and what HH does? He breaks my heart in tiny pieces.

You know generally speaking characters we don't really like tend to get what they deserve.
Jared got shoved off a bar stool.
Diggy got smacked in the head with a briefcase.
Sully got lost on his boat and was never seen again.
Mark the deep sea welder and Gay Jason are probably now dating each other.
So Calvin Klein the marine biologist? Maybe Booth takes her for lunch at a sushi bar and freaks her out...she's never seen again.
And Hacker? Maybe an aircraft mistakes his forehead for a landing strip and squashes him?

The sides cut out at page 58...plenty of room for something to happen at the end.
I also think that it's really interesting the way we'll see Brennan and Forehead out on a date coffee thingy and then next scene Booth and Calvin. (It is a day scene so he could take her to lunch there and then? If that's the case we don't see it!) Followed by a shift to the night scene at the FF Bar...were all the Jeffersonian peeps want to know about Forehead and "coffee"...I wonder if a certain Agent Booth will wander into the Founding Fathers?

Something really did have to happen though between B&B (I'm in no way shape or form advocating that THIS plot in particular is necessary) But we have no way of knowing what has gone on before this? Hacker is like a small, persistent (annoying) dog with his teeth firmly clenched *grrrrrr* he wants Temperance (and he recognises that Booth is his biggest rival) he ain't letting go until she says he has no hope with her.
Booth and Brennan have grown closer this season (we all knew it was going far too well to last for long!) But still they just don't quite seem to get there (I wonder why HH? Rolling Eyes ) The last lot of sides for 'Queen Bee'...considering the earth is meant to move with the 100th ep...didn't seem to offer any monumental shift in the BB dynamic. This however could tug on the old heart muscle? Remember waaaaayyyy back when Booth had Tessa and then Rebecca? That was not merely partnerly anthropological interest on Brennan's part! How would it be all these years later?
'kay I'm going to shut up now! Laughing
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:50 am

I don't think I'm too worried (mostly b/c I promised myself not to get stressed about spoilers/sides anymore). In the last seasons Brennan going out with someone else has usually brought her and Booth closer together, so...
Remember how worked up everybody got about Perotta and also Hacker in NatBM or Jared in CMitML and then - nothing bad happened.
I also think that Calvin Klein (nice name btw, Tink. You always come up w/ the best nicknames) won't last longer than one episode because:
when there have been recurring characters, we usually heard about the actors becoming recurring characters.
Maybe I don't remember correctly, but didn't we hear somewhere in advance about who would be playing Hacker and who would be playing Perotta (I know that might still happen within the next days/weeks but for now...). So if CK was supposed to stick around longer, they might have had one special actress in mind to cast and wouldn't have had to do a casting with these sides???
I'm probably wrong, but as part of the aforementioned promise to myself I will go with that explanation.
But I wish they'd stop doing this to us. Couldn't they at least leave that stuff out of the sides? Or maybe that's their way of punishing us... Wink

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Say What You Want : Reality continues to ruin my life. Calvin&Hobbes
Registration date : 2008-10-30

http://notesfromanemotionallyimpaired.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 am

ToZiKa wrote:I have no idea, I'd guess 22-24
that's the norm I think

We have 22 episodes this season. So after next weeks new episode, we have eight left starting April 1.

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:17 pm

anteater wrote:Okay, so after reading, I am really excited for this episode. I have been so annoyed by this holding pattern that those two have been in and I think this is the push I have been waiting for. I don't think that them seeing other people will last but I do think that it will make them see what we have been seeing for years now...that they are meant for each other and no one else can come close! So back away from the ledge, people. I think this episode has the potential to be very, very positive for B&B's relationship.

I must agree with you, i think they WILL realise how much they love each others company. And Bones going on a date has nothing to do with company, it has to do with biological urges, hence "with hacker there is the potential for sex". I think that they will both decide that dating is no longer fun, and that they love each other, and have a cute episode.

ANd also, i find it strange how long they have kept hackers character in the show for, does anyone else find that kinda weird, that he doesn't rly have a position yet he still comes back, i mean gay jason and the welder only had one ep but hacker has more.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm new here too! I do find it odd that hacker has stayed around. it seems like he's there for a reason...i just don't know what that reason is.

I think this will end up being good. it may not seem it at first, but when do these sides ever seem good at first?

To me, it is very telling that these to characters are number one: named cathy and andy! and number two: seem to be complete opposites of booth/brennan. Catherine is a scientist, but she follows her gut. She goes with her instinct. All the traits that booth often pokes fun at brennan and perhaps wishes she had. Hacker is also not like booth. He openly shows his affection towards bones. He puts his heart out there. Doesn't poke fun at her short comings. Things like that.

Booth and Brennan dating these two people could make them finally have that lightning moment where they both realize at the same time they want each other.

This is my biggest fear: Brennan realizes during/after the 100th she wants booth. He still doesn't know. She tells Ang and Cam because she has no idea how to go about things like that. They tell her she needs to get rid of hacker. She meets hacker for coffee to tell him she's not interested. Booth misreads that as her going on a 'date' so he agrees to date Catherine. Meanwhile at the end they are all at the bar asking bren how the "coffee" went because they know the real reason she went and then she finds out booth is on a date.

It's only my fear because I don't want to see brennan crushed. it'll crush me lol For some reason i can handle booth angst way better than brennan angst. ED just makes me cry!

If that's the case, I feel like Cam or Angela will help fix it. Angela and brennan are over due for girl talks and I think Cam would do anything to help them out of this holding pattern.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by lance2376 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Ok quick question here: I didn't get introduced to the wonderful world of sides until very recently soooo was anyone else somewhat surprised at Hacker's return in The Proof in the Pudding? I mean I kinda thought that was done and over with but then again you guys mentioned he was announced as recurring. See that's what I get for being late into the wonderful world of Bones.
lance2376
lance2376
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-01-14

http://lance2376.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:16 pm

tinkrella wrote:I'm new here too! I do find it odd that hacker has stayed around. it seems like he's there for a reason...i just don't know what that reason is.

I think this will end up being good. it may not seem it at first, but when do these sides ever seem good at first?

To me, it is very telling that these to characters are number one: named cathy and andy! and number two: seem to be complete opposites of booth/brennan. <snip>
Well, welcome! And with a rather interesting insight, too--I don't know anyone else clicked on that--Kathy (Catherine) and Andy (Andrew). Hmmm...

It's only my fear because I don't want to see brennan crushed. it'll crush me lol For some reason i can handle booth angst way better than brennan angst. ED just makes me cry!
She's not a fragile woman, but somehow when she's upset, she gives off that air. (a theme you'll find in some excellent fanfic, btw)

If that's the case, I feel like Cam or Angela will help fix it. Angela and brennan are over due for girl talks and I think Cam would do anything to help them out of this holding pattern.
Ehhh... I'd put more money on Cam being helpful than Angela right now (if Brennan will accept her help, that is). Cam's friends with Booth and has respect for Brennan, but Angela's been fairly off-kilter for the better part of 2 seasons now, so I'm not sure if Brennan would turn to her or listen even if Ange started talking about her & Booth. Especially after the pig adoption incident.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:20 pm

tinkrella wrote:I'm new here too! I do find it odd that hacker has stayed around. it seems like he's there for a reason...i just don't know what that reason is.

To me, it is very telling that these to characters are number one: named cathy and andy! and number two: seem to be complete opposites of booth/brennan. Catherine is a scientist, but she follows her gut. She goes with her instinct. All the traits that booth often pokes fun at brennan and perhaps wishes she had. Hacker is also not like booth. He openly shows his affection towards bones. He puts his heart out there. Doesn't poke fun at her short comings. Things like that.

Welcome Tink! Yeah I agree that it's very possible that Brennan is going for coffee with Hacker to tell him that she's not interested, in fact at this point I think it's likely. Coffee tends the be the "date" option that is chosen when you want to spend the least amount of time with the person that your meeting ( very popular with blind dates the world over).

Wow I totally never realized that connection between the names, you're right!!! He's "dating" a Catherine (Kathy) and she's "dating" an Andrew (Andy)... Those names had to have been picked for a reason LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:26 pm

lance2376 wrote:Ok quick question here: I didn't get introduced to the wonderful world of sides until very recently soooo was anyone else somewhat surprised at Hacker's return in The Proof in the Pudding? I mean I kinda thought that was done and over with but then again you guys mentioned he was announced as recurring. See that's what I get for being late into the wonderful world of Bones.

I knew he was coming cause of the spoilers, but until I read those I thought we'd be done with him. I actually like him in his scenes with Booth, he comes off as kinda fun, but when he hits on Bones he's creepy.....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:50 pm

dawnsfire wrote:

To me, it is very telling that these to characters are number one: named cathy and andy! and number two: seem to be complete opposites of booth/brennan. <snip>
Well, welcome! And with a rather interesting insight, too--I don't know anyone else clicked on that--Kathy (Catherine) and Andy (Andrew). Hmmm...

She's not a fragile woman, but somehow when she's upset, she gives off that air. (a theme you'll find in some excellent fanfic, btw)

Ehhh... I'd put more money on Cam being helpful than Angela right now (if Brennan will accept her help, that is). Cam's friends with Booth and has respect for Brennan, but Angela's been fairly off-kilter for the better part of 2 seasons now, so I'm not sure if Brennan would turn to her or listen even if Ange started talking about her & Booth. Especially after the pig adoption incident.

queen

true. angela really hasn't been the same and the bren/angela relationship has really suffered. i think booth has replaced angela as the best friend. Someone on the fox board posted that cam saying "i'll never forget what you did for him" was sort of telling in that maybe Cam would sort of go the extra mile to fix things if booth somehow gets off kilter in the last 8/9 episodes.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by lance2376 Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:07 pm

queen [/color][/quote]

true. angela really hasn't been the same and the bren/angela relationship has really suffered. i think booth has replaced angela as the best friend. Someone on the fox board posted that cam saying "i'll never forget what you did for him" was sort of telling in that maybe Cam would sort of go the extra mile to fix things if booth somehow gets off kilter in the last 8/9 episodes.[/quote]

You know I've been wondering about that statement too. Like there is something coming up and Cam will save the day or something. Or do something that goes against her nature. Mind you, I like Cam, she's really grown on me.
lance2376
lance2376
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-01-14

http://lance2376.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Booth and Brennan dating these two people could make them finally have that lightning moment where they both realize at the same time they want each other.

This is my biggest fear: Brennan realizes during/after the 100th she wants booth. He still doesn't know. She tells Ang and Cam because she has no idea how to go about things like that. They tell her she needs to get rid of hacker. She meets hacker for coffee to tell him she's not interested. Booth misreads that as her going on a 'date' so he agrees to date Catherine. Meanwhile at the end they are all at the bar asking bren how the "coffee" went because they know the real reason she went and then she finds out booth is on a date.

HAHAH that is EXACTLY what i was thinking!!!!
There is just something strange about hacker, and i had the same fear, that Brennan was actually having coffee, not a date. :L

And good point about the opposite thing, i think it really will make them realise who they want, and i hope it will make them realise are alike, and perfect for each other.

I also think it will be Cam who comes through to save the day, Angela has kind of gone of on a tangent recently.

Ann Cathy, Catherine, Andy Andrew, holy cheezers, nice observation!!!! That is NOT a co-incidence!!
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
&#9829; Maroon 5 &#9829;

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:04 pm

Hadn't seen the Cathy and Andy name thing before.... Very interesting!
I also noticed about Brennan telling Cam and Ange about her "coffee". She doesn't say sth like 'I like him a lot' or 'find him to be a potential mate' or anything like that but she says: 'Andrew is quite charming and very funny' as if she was trying to make him seem attractive to herself. Love and attraction sounds different.
And Booth in his 'date-or-no-date'-conversation with Catherine seems kinda gloomy to me. He doesn't jump right into it. She practically has to convince him and promise to make him laugh. Again, attraction does sound different to me.
Conclusion: this might be the day that Booth and Brennan have the epiphany that they only want to be with each other. (I hope). What they make of that epiphany...? No idea.

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:30 pm

loserette wrote: she says: 'Andrew is quite charming and very funny' as if she was trying to make him seem attractive to herself

Surely there's a "But...." coming up?
You know, "Andrew is quite charming and very funny...but...
1) He's not Booth.
2) His forehead blocks out all visible light from the sun.
3) If we ever had children they would look like a) Homer Simpson or b) Beaker from the Muppets.

Razz
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:39 pm

TinkonBrink wrote:
2) His forehead blocks out all visible light from the sun.

LOL!
But how about that?
If he is standing in the right angle, one could use his forehead to reflect the light from the sun. That could come in handy at some point Wink For instance to blind and distract Diggy?! Wink

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Still there is no need to date him for this outstanding "reflecting quality". Evil or Very Mad *ggg*
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:51 pm

loserette wrote:If he is standing in the right angle, one could use his forehead to reflect the light from the sun. That could come in handy at some point Wink For instance to blind and distract Diggy?! Wink

Yes!
He could also reduce the effects of Global Warming?
I'd suggest that Diggy take him...but there are two problems with that...How to find a container big enough to accommodate his Big head? And...imagine the phone call? "This is the Grave Digger. I have taken Andrew Hacker (He's not buried in a quarry...coz, quite frankly, I haven't got the energy to dig a hole THAT big!) So...anyway...I've got him! Pay the ransom or he dies. This will be my final communication." Brennan: "Who was that on the phone Booth? Booth: "Ummm...Wrong number." Twisted Evil Razz
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

The tree went Crash!

Back to top Go down

Post by loserette Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:03 pm

TinkonBrink wrote:
Yes!

So we finally found a use for Mister Forehead. There is an upside to everything. Wink

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:01 am

TinkonBrink wrote:
loserette wrote:If he is standing in the right angle, one could use his forehead to reflect the light from the sun. That could come in handy at some point Wink For instance to blind and distract Diggy?! Wink

Yes!
I'd suggest that Diggy take him...but there are two problems with that...How to find a container big enough to accommodate his Big head? And...imagine the phone call? "This is the Grave Digger. I have taken Andrew Hacker (He's not buried in a quarry...coz, quite frankly, I haven't got the energy to dig a hole THAT big!) So...anyway...I've got him! Pay the ransom or he dies. This will be my final communication." Brennan: "Who was that on the phone Booth? Booth: "Ummm...Wrong number." Twisted Evil Razz

HAHAHAHAHAHA lol! What a Face
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
&#9829; Maroon 5 &#9829;

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:18 am

hmm i had written this whole post about the meaning of coffee last night and now I can't find it, maybe I forgot to hit send or it's in a different thread? LOL

Ok so my thought is this, the reason that I'm not at all worried about Brennan's coffee date with Hacker is this, Coffee is the date that you go on when you want to spend the least amount of time with someone ( popular with blind dates the world over) or when you want to have a quick conversation with a friend. My guess is that she's going on that coffee date to drop some bad news on Hacker ( she's just not that interested) Plus the whole coffee thing makes me think of that conversation that she had with Booth at the beginning of Season 3 in Sweets office where she says something like "So that's what we are? we're coffee?" and she's kinda irked about it.
I don't really want to discuss my feelings about Booth's lunch date Wink ( although again, lunch is something you tend to do with friends, dinner is the big date)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next