Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

** The predator in the pool - TVGUIDE**

+4
Lyanna Stark
bugaboo628
SnoopGirl
nati.cba
8 posters

Go down

** The predator in the pool - TVGUIDE** Empty ** The predator in the pool - TVGUIDE**

Post by nati.cba Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:13 am

TV Guide: The Predator in the Pool
Season 5, Episode 18
Episode Synopsis: Human remains discovered inside a shark may be those of an aquarium's guest lecturer, but another interesting aspect of the investigation emerges when Brennan observes the predatory nature of a marine biologist (Rena Sofer) with her eye on Booth. Original Air Date: Apr 22, 2010

Source:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Now this description of the episode is making me feel more positive about it.

I think Brennan IS going to be jealous, but of course in a very Brennan-like way.
Razz

And I'm guessing here - jumping to conclusions as Bones would say - but could it be that her comment on Hacker wanting to have sex with her and the "are we supposed to talk about this?" is a defense mechanism against those awkward and unwanted feelings of jealously? Maybe that's the way she's dealing with it? Maybe she doesn't want for it to be obvious to Booth - remember his reading people skills.

Last edited by nati.cba on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

** The predator in the pool - TVGUIDE** Empty Re: ** The predator in the pool - TVGUIDE**

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:21 am

I can see why Hacker wants to have sex with Beautiful Brennan but WHY would Brennan want to have sex with him confused
That would be like Brennan saying she wanted to have sex with Zach! puke

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

** The predator in the pool - TVGUIDE** Empty Re: ** The predator in the pool - TVGUIDE**

Post by nati.cba Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:24 am

SnoopGirl wrote:I can see why Hacker wants to have sex with Beautiful Brennan but WHY would Brennan want to have sex with him confused

Zach was cuter!
And I don't think Brennan wants to have sex with him. NEVER wanted, I think. By the way I guess they didn't have intercourse - as Bones would say- and I hoped that she turned him down! That'd make my day. Very Happy
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:43 am

nati.cba wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:I can see why Hacker wants to have sex with Beautiful Brennan but WHY would Brennan want to have sex with him confused

Zach was cuter!
And I don't think Brennan wants to have sex with him. NEVER wanted, I think. By the way I guess they didn't have intercourse - as Bones would say- and I hoped that she turned him down! That'd make my day. Very Happy
I hope so too!
I meant that it would totally inappropriate if Brennan implied she wanted to have sex with Zach, just as it is inappropriate for Beautiful Brennan to have sex with alien Hacker. Hope that made sense. She needs to JUST SAY NO - except to Booth.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:56 am

nati.cba wrote:

I think Brennan IS going to be jealous, but of course in a very Brennan-like way.
Razz

And I'm guessing here - jumping to conclusions as Bones would say - but could it be that her comment on Hacker wanting to have sex with her and the "are we supposed to talk about this?" is a defense mechanism against those awkward and unwanted feelings of jealously? Maybe that's the way she's dealing with it? Maybe she doesn't want for it to be obvious to Booth - remember his reading people skills.

I don't think we are going to see much jealousy from Brennan ~ although I am sure that those who don't like Brennan will think they see it. Even Emily said that Brennan doesn't get jealous, she sees the step Booth is taking as rational.

I could see it being written that Booth tells Brennan he is going on a date with Catherine to get a reaction out of her; to hopefully stir up some jealousy. Brennan, being Brennan, would simply tell him he should go out with her.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyanna Stark Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:38 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:
I don't think we are going to see much jealousy from Brennan ~ although I am sure that those who don't like Brennan will think they see it.

I'm a huge Brennan fan, but I think we've seen a lot of her jealousy over the years. The thing is, she'd never admit to it (well, except for that scene in Cinderella, but I was referring to the catty hands-off-my-man variety). Still, remember her reaction to Tessa? And (although it was also professional conflict) to Cam? And what about the little things ("that doesn't mean you had to "rawr" her back!")?

Maybe I so expect her act jealously that I'm imagining things... but I never had to squint to see it in the past.

Lyanna Stark
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:33 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:
nati.cba wrote:

Razz

I don't think we are going to see much jealousy from Brennan ~ although I am sure that those who don't like Brennan will think they see it. Even Emily said that Brennan doesn't get jealous, she sees the step Booth is taking as rational.

I could see it being written that Booth tells Brennan he is going on a date with Catherine to get a reaction out of her; to hopefully stir up some jealousy. Brennan, being Brennan, would simply tell him he should go out with her.

Come now.. We have seen Brennan jealous before. She disliked Perotta instantly and wanted reassurance from Booth about their partnership (Ice rink scene), when she found out about Booth and Cam she quickly accepted a date with the guy who turned out to be the killer, and when Booth and Becca had their fling she asked Becca why they still had sex. Let's not even discuss how she behave with Tessa in The Man in The Wall.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:54 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:
bugaboo628 wrote:
nati.cba wrote:

Razz

Come now.. We have seen Brennan jealous before. She immediately dislike Perotta, when she found out about and Cam she quickly accepted a date with the guy who turn out to be the killer, and when she found out about Booth and Becca she wanted to know why they still slept together. She does not hide it well -- she just rationalizes her actions.

I think Brennan's reaction will be very subtle and she's going to be more like, "You're a good guy, she's a nice person," instead of acting like a pissy little high school girl. I don't think she will be happy about Booth to moving on because she secretly wishes that she could be with him, but she really loves him and she just wants him to be happy. I'm sure many fans are going to pissed that she's not "jealous", but she has never been expressive with her emotions, so instead she keeps them bottled up inside her.

But I just watch "The man in the suv" a couple weeks ago when Booth is dating Tessa and Brennan does seem a little jealous because she keeps talking about her and asking if they are in love.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 pm

I do think she will be jealous.....EVEN THOUGH it kills her because she knows it's not rational. She knows booth is moving on and him dating catherine is the most logical thing to happen in terms of that moving on. But, she is human, and you can't fight emotions. I just wonder how much of it we will see. She usually is very bottled up...but you can see stuff slip out like the Tessa stuff. She didn't act out right jealous but she kept bringing her up over and over again and with Cam she picked all this fights over "work" when I always felt it had more to do that she felt threatened booth had a history with Cam.

I don't think her jealousy will be enough for her to run to booth and say "oh, please don't date her." But, I think we'll see something. Even last week in the death of the queen bee, if you watch really carefully at brennan's expressions when the women, especially becky hit on him, you can see a little something stirring beneath those emotional eyes! Emily is so good at what she does that I bet we will get subtle hints.

I never thought about the hacker thing as a defense mechanism, but you do bring up a good point. She has never really loved like this before and has never been in a situation like this before. Usually, booth would be the one to teach her about things...but he really can't so she could just be trying to fight off these feelings any way she can.

What I want to know is what comes first. Does booth agree to date her first or does she agree to date hacker first? If she agrees to date hacker first and then proceeds to talk about it i could deff see why he agrees to date catherine.

If I remember the sides right, brennan first tells booth she is having coffee with hacker and then booth doesn't accept catherine's date until the end after he finds out she's a suspect. I hope they don't play it as if brennan is a super/icy you know what who drives him to date other women to mend his broken heart because you know that wont help our "why do people hate on Brennan so much" cause. Laughing

I'll defend my girl to the grave...but I could use a little help from the writers! lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Also...I wonder if this last episodes will be more booth centric or bones centric. Will it be more about brennan's journey? And how she deals with booth dating and realizes she doesn't want him with anyone else? Or will it be more about booths' journey of moving on and realizing he can't. or neither? or both? lol any thoughts?

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by boothbrennan13 Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 am

tinkrella wrote:Also...I wonder if this last episodes will be more booth centric or bones centric. Will it be more about brennan's journey? And how she deals with booth dating and realizes she doesn't want him with anyone else? Or will it be more about booths' journey of moving on and realizing he can't. or neither? or both? lol any thoughts?

I think it's going to HAVE to be about both. Booth's attempt to move on from this woman whom he loves so dearly, and Brennan struggling with, however irrational it may seem to her, her love of Booth, and how he is the only one she wants to be with. There needs to be a balance. If you focus TOO much on Brennan's struggle, you lose out to whats going on with Booth's. And vice versa. The culmination of these events won't have the same impact unless we've seen both stories.
boothbrennan13
boothbrennan13
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:59 am

yeah at this point i think they are both equally as crazy..... loco i mean seriously....they could have so humped like bunnies 3,000 times by now. Laughing

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum