Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

+26
the beaver1965
DBCrazy
ReginaPhalange
Angela
THX1138
Meegs82
19ana89
dawnsfire
lance2376
tinkrella
loserette
CiscoAg
aardvark508
anteater
heirofloki
bones206
HeyHey
ToZiKa
mereva
TinkonBrink
jcn747
jagglebells
treble21
SocksNTies
bugaboo628
30 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool" - Page 5 Empty Re: Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

Post by mereva Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:39 pm

You're right, though, they really are idiots.
AMEN!
She's going out with second stringers and he's sitting on his hands instead of making his move. Morons, the lot of them.
And just who is writing all this crap for them?.. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool" - Page 5 Empty Re: Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

Post by 19ana89 Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:41 pm

I really don't think there's anything to worry about between her and Booth... This episode MIGHT be the only one we see her in... I think maybe he's just "dating" Christine to make Brennan jealous since she has Hacker? (keeps me sane for now to think of it like that).
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:47 pm

(keeps me sane for now to think of it like that)
And? Does it help? Very Happy Very Happy

I'm totally calm and relaxed, just like this Very Happy : [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:52 pm

mereva wrote:
You're right, though, they really are idiots.
AMEN!
She's going out with second stringers and he's sitting on his hands instead of making his move. Morons, the lot of them.
And just who is writing all this crap for them?.. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Squart and their merry band of misfits. The same geniuses who thought it'd be a peachy idea to have Brennan date Jared and Sully, and Booth hook up with Cam.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Oh yeah, geniuses, indeed. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Sometimes I read (mostly on LJ) something like "I trust HH... TPTB won't screw it up, no way"...HELLO?! Were you living in a hole for the last years? I can't say for myself that I trust him/them NOT to screw things up.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:30 am

Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I am 100% fine with Booth casually dating. I want there to be a catalyst for Brennan: she needs to realize her feelings for Booth but she seems to need a kick in the hind-quarters to do so. This Catherine dating Booth could be enough to at least make her jealous and start to question the reason why.

As for Hacker... ugh. Not happy he's back, but she deserves him - at least until she realizes she cares about Booth as more than a friend. Rolling Eyes I know that day will come, people! Cool
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:45 am

mereva wrote:
(keeps me sane for now to think of it like that)
And? Does it help? Very Happy Very Happy

I'm totally calm and relaxed, just like this Very Happy : [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Yeah it works. For the most part. Very Happy
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:50 am

mereva wrote:Oh yeah, geniuses, indeed. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Sometimes I read (mostly on LJ) something like "I trust HH... TPTB won't screw it up, no way"...HELLO?! Were you living in a hole for the last years? I can't say for myself that I trust him/them NOT to screw things up.
Heh, the folks on LJ are really out of touch if they're still calling them TPTB - The Powers The Be. We all switched to TIIC a long, long time ago. Twisted Evil

king RM

TIIC = The Idiots In Charge.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:13 am

THX1138 wrote:
mereva wrote:Oh yeah, geniuses, indeed. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Heh, the folks on LJ are really out of touch if they're still calling them TPTB - The Powers The Be. We all switched to TIIC a long, long time ago. Twisted Evil

king RM

TIIC = The Idiots In Charge.

I have to admit that I trust them not to screw up too much
I know that whenever HH is involved it has the potential for disaster, but I still think that SN can at least make sure that he doesn't screw it up too badly

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 am

ReginaPhalange wrote:Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I am 100% fine with Booth casually dating. I want there to be a catalyst for Brennan: she needs to realize her feelings for Booth but she seems to need a kick in the hind-quarters to do so. This Catherine dating Booth could be enough to at least make her jealous and start to question the reason why.

As for Hacker... ugh. Not happy he's back, but she deserves him - at least until she realizes she cares about Booth as more than a friend. Rolling Eyes I know that day will come, people! Cool

I think you're right.
Something has to happen and it can't be only Booth's responsibility to make something happen.
If Brennan isn't willing to stop dating loosers without knowing for sure that she could date Booth, why shouldn't he date someone else too?

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am

ToZiKa wrote:I have to admit that I trust them not to screw up too much
I know that whenever HH is involved it has the potential for disaster, but I still think that SN can at least make sure that he doesn't screw it up too badly
Hmmm...
ToZiKa wrote:
ReginaPhalange wrote:Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I am 100% fine with Booth casually dating. I want there to be a catalyst for Brennan: she needs to realize her feelings for Booth but she seems to need a kick in the hind-quarters to do so. This Catherine dating Booth could be enough to at least make her jealous and start to question the reason why.

I think you're right.
Something has to happen and it can't be only Booth's responsibility to make something happen.
If Brennan isn't willing to stop dating loosers without knowing for sure that she could date Booth, why shouldn't he date someone else too?
Okay, that does it. ToZ we've got to stop agreeing like this - at first it was sort of funny, not it's down right disturbing. Heck we not only agree but I think we're sharing frontal lobes right now! Yikes!

king RM

On the plus side I figure if ToZ agrees with me then I can't be that wrong 'cause one of us is almost always right.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 am

I have noticed that everyone is saying that Brennan is "dating" Hacker. She has gone out once with him and it was interrupted. This second meeting ~ episodes later ~ is coffee.

I am petrified of this woman that Booth is going to meet. I have a VERY bad feeling. Something like this could send Brennan back into her shell. If Brennan sees them together it could be dangerous, Brennan could fold up.

Question though....if he does meet the woman for lunch wouldn't we read it in the sides? She is a guest star.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 am

Brennan ISN'T dating Hacker. Nor did she have sex in a long time.

And I agree with your uneasy feeling about that woman to 101%! If Brennan sees them together, it could be very, very bad.

It's not necessarily to have sides for the "lunch time": there could be no dialogue on screen (for example, Brennan sees them through a window, just like Hodgind saw Angla and Wendell.) BRRRRRRR! Tell me that I'm WRONG!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:20 am

bugaboo628 wrote:Question though....if he does meet the woman for lunch wouldn't we read it in the sides? She is a guest star..

Unless she hangs around for more than one episode *slaps self for suggesting such a thing...Blasphemy!*

mereva wrote: It's not necessarily to have sides for the "lunch time": there could be no dialogue on screen (for example, Brennan sees them through a window, just like Hodgind saw Angla and Wendell.) BRRRRRRR! Tell me that I'm WRONG!

I'd love to tell you you're wrong...But that very thing is what my brain came up with the other day! Think Brennan watching Booth in the Royal Diner at the end of Salt In The Wound...only with more Ahhhhhhhh! No
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 am

bugaboo628 wrote:I have noticed that everyone is saying that Brennan is "dating" Hacker. She has gone out once with him and it was interrupted. This second meeting ~ episodes later ~ is coffee.
Laughing I think we're all so invested at this point, if she flirts with a guy we've got them in bed and with Booth, even lunch with another woman is grounds to whip out Chinese baoding balls*.

I am petrified of this woman that Booth is going to meet. I have a VERY bad feeling. Something like this could send Brennan back into her shell. If Brennan sees them together it could be dangerous, Brennan could fold up.
Case in point, baoding on standby, I just don't see this at all. She's not simple minded, in fact she's a genius, by now she has to suspect that given Booth's schedule, the amount of time he's at work and with her, he simply isn't seeing anyone she doesn't know about so on some level she knows he's been dry for over two years. Also, this isn't the same Brennan as a year ago, or even six months ago, this is a Brennan talking about accepting love, changing her mind on marriage, and willing to confront Booth when he's inconsistent - I think she's made of tougher stuff than the one who showed up nearly drunk on his doorstep and moaning over the fact that she was jealous of others belief in love. Have some faith in the woman.

Question though....if he does meet the woman for lunch wouldn't we read it in the sides? She is a guest star.
I'd think we'd read about it in the sides for the episode they had lunch in or before, so just because they're talking about it doesn't mean it's going to happen - unlike Brennan's coffee date with Hacker, which I'm 99% positive does happen.

I do enjoy the double standard that's been set for Booth here. Brennan can, and has, not only dated multiple men in the last 30 months, she's been sexually active within the last 15 months (assuming that her last time was with Mark the deep sea welder). Booth, on the other hand, hasn't had a date other than his other hand since Cam - 30 months ago. After all this time enjoying her surrogate relationship with Booth she's finally started dating again, okay, one date with Hacker but still, that's one more date than Booth's had in the last 900 days. She's going to see him again, and yet it's Booth having a lunch date that's the problem. I just thing we need to have a little faith in them, this may be the incentive to actually make a move on Booth. Or vice versa.

king RM

Important tip, make sure you call them BAODING balls, or worry balls if you rather. Do not, under any circumstance, walk into your supervisor's office for the first time, see a pair of them on the shelf and reflexively refer to them as Ben Wa balls when talking to said supervisor. Odds are it won't go over well, especially if it's your first meeting and you've been with the company less than a month.

Last edited by THX1138 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fized tag - how lame was that?)
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:41 am

bugaboo628 wrote:I have noticed that everyone is saying that Brennan is "dating" Hacker. She has gone out once with him and it was interrupted. This second meeting ~ episodes later ~ is coffee.

i'm of the opinion that it would trigger her fight response, not her fLight response. She's a lot tougher gal than she used to be!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:48 am

mereva wrote:Brennan ISN'T dating Hacker. Nor did she have sex in a long time.
But she did go on a date with Hacker, despite Booth repeatedly asking her not to. That's one more date than Booth's had in the last 2½ years.
and I agree with your uneasy feeling about that woman to 101%! If Brennan sees them together, it could be very, very bad.
or it could push her to stop being a lump and start actually going after "her man". I mean as useless as he's been the last six months at least he protested her date with Hacker. So far she's had the benefit of setting the terms of their courtship, such as it is, it won't hurt for her to feel the heat and it might even make things better...eventually. Short term it'll be a total disaster but long term only good things, I hope.
It's not necessarily to have sides for the "lunch time": there could be no dialogue on screen (for example, Brennan sees them through a window, just like Hodgind saw Angla and Wendell.) BRRRRRRR! Tell me that I'm WRONG!
Can't say you're wrong, heck, I can even see Booth getting a call from Brennan about lunch and him innocently saying "Can't today Bones, I've already got plans. How about dinner tongiht? I'll pick up Thai?" and then she can see them walking out of the diner, laughing at some lame joke, and of course horror of horrors the diner is "their place" so that's like he's cheating on her in their own bed...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:52 am

DBCrazy wrote:

i'm of the opinion that it would trigger her fight response, not her flight response. She's a lot tougher gal than she used to be!
Exactly my point! In fact I'd wager she's always been a lot tougher than we give her credit for, but now she's got the benefit of years of Booth insight into love and the human (metaphorical) heart, I think she can take the shock of Booth eating a cheeseburger with someone else. Rolling Eyes Heck, she just might stake her claim if she sees the woman snatching his fries!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:20 am

B-I-N-G-O. Sometimes it takes the threat of losing someone to realize what they mean to you. Hence the part where I'm okay with Booth dating (temporarily).

Brennan won't back down if she thinks she might lose him in any way: we've seen her strength & stubborness show itself too often to doubt otherwise and we know no one means more to her than he does. Wink
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:25 am

And what if Brennan will think that Booth is happy with that woman? What if she'll think that she's not good enough for him? She'll back off for his happiness and as result of it go into her shell again.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:57 am

I can actually see this being a cute episode there is heaps of potential.

-bones gets jealous, and tells booth, cam, change that she didn't like it when booth was dating.
-she tells both she is afraid she will lose him.
-she gets heaps jealous
-they both decide that dating isn't as good as it used to be

and i coud keep going.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:00 am

mereva wrote:And what if Brennan will think that Booth is happy with that woman? What if she'll think that she's not good enough for him? She'll back off for his happiness and as result of it go into her shell again.
I just don't see it. If Booth and Brennan were in a more fragile place, or if this was Booth and Christine's third date and not a lunch date, then maybe, but let me ask the question another way: What if she comes back from coffee with Hacker and she goes on and on about how much fun they had, how she really enjoyed their time together, and how they plan on going on a real date? Booth wants her to be happy, he's stepped aside before with Sully, wouldn't he bow out and let Hacker take Brennan away from him? Of course he would, he's done it before, but we don't seem too concerned about that because why? Because he's the strong one? He's supposed to wait no matter how long it takes?

Even Atlas groaned under the weight of the heavens and he took a break first chance he got. I think this is Booth's groan. He's getting tired of waiting for Brennan, tired of seeing her date other men, and just plain tired. It's pretty obvious by now he's not going to make a move that would jeopardize their friendship or partnership unless he's pretty sure it won't do either, so I think he sees this lunch date is something he needs to do for himself, and I think he thinks Brennan won't care. If she does it might be just what he needs to get off his ass and do something. If she doesn't maybe he should think about walking away. Five years, it's time to fish or cut bait. They either make it or they don't, but I'm not waiting until Season Six to find out.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:02 am

jcn747 wrote:I can actually see this being a cute episode there is heaps of potential.

-bones gets jealous, and tells booth, cam, change that she didn't like it when booth was dating.
-she tells both she is afraid she will lose him.
-she gets heaps jealous
-they both decide that dating isn't as good as it used to be

and i coud keep going.
I love all of these and I can see all of them happening, right down to them having lunch and Brennan asking Booth about his "date" and his non-comittal reply that it was okay, but he doubted he'd do it again because it wasn't as good as being with her (or something suitably sappy).

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:12 am

Robert, if she comes back bragging all about how much fun they had, then... she's holepess, she and Booth can do what they want and whoever they want - and I quit to watch this show: I can be patient with this crap up to a certain point but not forever and ever, I can only take that much. That would be really the last straw!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:20 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

i'm of the opinion that it would trigger her fight response, not her flight response. She's a lot tougher gal than she used to be!
Exactly my point! In fact I'd wager she's always been a lot tougher than we give her credit for, but now she's got the benefit of years of Booth insight into love and the human (metaphorical) heart, I think she can take the shock of Booth eating a cheeseburger with someone else. Rolling Eyes Heck, she just might stake her claim if she sees the woman snatching his fries!

king RM
lol! That's definitely a hanging offense! She might find out she has a lot more in common with Max than she thought!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next