Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

+26
the beaver1965
DBCrazy
ReginaPhalange
Angela
THX1138
Meegs82
19ana89
dawnsfire
lance2376
tinkrella
loserette
CiscoAg
aardvark508
anteater
heirofloki
bones206
HeyHey
ToZiKa
mereva
TinkonBrink
jcn747
jagglebells
treble21
SocksNTies
bugaboo628
30 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool" - Page 7 Empty Re: Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

Post by SnoopGirl Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Thinking back, it's surprising he didn't have more women throwing themselves at him... I mean, look at him! What's up with the women in D.C.? Suspect
I know. It is just crazy. scratch

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool" - Page 7 Empty Re: Sides ~ S05E18 "The Predator in the Pool"

Post by tinkrella Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 pm

I'm all about the idea of jam/jelly...whatever we're calling it these days lol i have been for awhile. I think it started sometime last season and hasn't gone away. it really would just be perfect!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:13 pm

ReginaPhalange wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:

So I'm all for jealous Bones and Cathrine sounds like the perfect person for that job.
The only thing I worry about right now is that she is gonna be blonde again......Rebecca and Tessa were/are blonde and Perotta was blonde as well.....so all of his interests except Cam were blonde......it's just dumb to make him look like he is only intereseted in blondes, if he is supposed to be in love with Brennan.

I couldn't agree with you more. Bring on a jealous Bones! Smile

As for Booth and the Blondes, maybe it's supposed to make Brennan stand out because her hair isn't blonde. She's visually different from the rest (Cam aside) which tells the audience that she's different from the rest of his women, period. I think Catherine should be a blonde for that reason.

Thinking back, it's surprising he didn't have more women throwing themselves at him... I mean, look at him! What's up with the women in D.C.? Suspect
I think I heard somewhere she may be a redhead...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:46 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
ReginaPhalange wrote:
ToZiKa wrote:

So I'm all for jealous Bones and Cathrine sounds like the perfect person for that job.
The only thing I worry about right now is that she is gonna be blonde again......Rebecca and Tessa were/are blonde and Perotta was blonde as well.....so all of his interests except Cam were blonde......it's just dumb to make him look like he is only intereseted in blondes, if he is supposed to be in love with Brennan.

I couldn't agree with you more. Bring on a jealous Bones! Smile

As for Booth and the Blondes, maybe it's supposed to make Brennan stand out because her hair isn't blonde. She's visually different from the rest (Cam aside) which tells the audience that she's different from the rest of his women, period. I think Catherine should be a blonde for that reason.

I think I heard somewhere she may be a redhead...

queen

That sounds like a good idea.....that way we would have had blondes (Tessa, Rebecca), dark/almost black (Cam), red (Catherine) and of course auburn (Bones).

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:30 am

red would be good. i really don't want her to be blond. i just feel like brennan will start to assume that's his "type" (despite cam) and think he could never be into her. Brennan knows she's pretty, but it doesn't seem like she knows just HOW pretty she is. In that beauty pageant episode, at the end when booth said "well someone like you wouldn't understand.." or something like that she looked really hurt until he said "you're very attractive" (or whatever term he used) lol

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 pm

tinkrella wrote:red would be good. i really don't want her to be blond. i just feel like brennan will start to assume that's his "type" (despite cam) and think he could never be into her. Brennan knows she's pretty, but it doesn't seem like she knows just HOW pretty she is. In that beauty pageant episode, at the end when booth said "well someone like you wouldn't understand.." or something like that she looked really hurt until he said "you're very attractive" (or whatever term he used) lol
I've wondered once or twice if his supposed preference for blondes (other than the basic stereotypes about blondes and men being attracted to them) comes from DB's role as Angel--Buffy being blonde and all that. (and yes, as little as I know about Bully/Angel, I do know not all the women he was attracted to were blonde)

As for Brennan, her self-esteem is tied up in her job. She's not at all shy about informing the world of her professional qualifications, even the writing; she's the best, right? But she seems to have a low personal opinion of herself, one of the reasons stories that have her worrying about being left again generally ring true, even after this season. Don't care she's called herself attractive--Harbingers, was it?--it was more like a rote lesson she's learned but hasn't really absorbed.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:31 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
tinkrella wrote:red would be good. i really don't want her to be blond. i just feel like brennan will start to assume that's his "type" (despite cam) and think he could never be into her. Brennan knows she's pretty, but it doesn't seem like she knows just HOW pretty she is. In that beauty pageant episode, at the end when booth said "well someone like you wouldn't understand.." or something like that she looked really hurt until he said "you're very attractive" (or whatever term he used) lol
I've wondered once or twice if his supposed preference for blondes (other than the basic stereotypes about blondes and men being attracted to them) comes from DB's role as Angel--Buffy being blonde and all that. (and yes, as little as I know about Bully/Angel, I do know not all the women he was attracted to were blonde)

As for Brennan, her self-esteem is tied up in her job. She's not at all shy about informing the world of her professional qualifications, even the writing; she's the best, right? But she seems to have a low personal opinion of herself, one of the reasons stories that have her worrying about being left again generally ring true, even after this season. Don't care she's called herself attractive--Harbingers, was it?--it was more like a rote lesson she's learned but hasn't really absorbed.

queen
Exactly! She's comfortable in asserting herself professionally - it's established that she's the best in her field, an her intelligence is a measureable quality - she doesn't have to rely on feedback and opinion to know those things, they're objective facts. Beauty, however, is subjective and while she may know she's physically attractive an even beautiful, she doesn't know it the way she knows she's intelligent. So she'll always be nervous about rejection, always be afraid she isn't good enough. The more she's attracted to the man, the more her doubts will surface. She's in love with Booth, so her doubts are most definitely perched on her shoulder, whispering in her ear "you're not his type, you're not beautiful enough, you're not blonde..."

Of course, loving her in an "atta girl" professional kinda way didn't help matters. The moron.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:42 pm

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:

queen
Exactly! She's comfortable in asserting herself professionally - it's established that she's the best in her field, an her intelligence is a measureable quality - she doesn't have to rely on feedback and opinion to know those things, they're objective facts. Beauty, however, is subjective and while she may know she's physically attractive an even beautiful, she doesn't know it the way she knows she's intelligent. So she'll always be nervous about rejection, always be afraid she isn't good enough. The more she's attracted to the man, the more her doubts will surface. She's in love with Booth, so her doubts are most definitely perched on her shoulder, whispering in her ear "you're not his type, you're not beautiful enough, you're not blonde..."

Of course, loving her in an "atta girl" professional kinda way didn't help matters. The moron.

king RM

Good point, i totally agree. And i also feel that even if she were to be called beautiful by someone, say Hacker, it would not mean much because she does not respect other peoples opinion as much, she needs to hear it from booth, or it just wont really matter to her.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:49 pm

She has heard it (or variations at least) from Booth. Now that I think about it, I'm not he's used those exact words...I know he's danced around it and said everything else but--

And I'm not sure that even Booth saying point blank and matter-of-factly (like stating the sun comes up in the east) that she's beautiful will change her mind any time soon. Too ingrained. Now if he should keep saying it...that might be different.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Booth has said to Brennan that she is beautiful, Goop, Hero. He has even called her a sexiest scientist. That she has her looks and a whole lot more. I guess I see Brennan differently, she knows exactly of her beauty and her sex appeal. Double Death for exam. ..It wouldn't do Bren any harm in telling Booth that she finds him beautiful either. Booth needs to hear it as well on terms that he gets and not wrapped up in science double speak that goes over his head. Or being a good breeder jumbo. Just adding anotheq pov. Smile
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolate Chip Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Back to the sides . . HART is walking a fine line in jerking around the fans just to prolong the UST. . Introducing another love interest bringing back Hacker! into the mix is dicey . . I don't have a problem with other woman finding Booth attractive and him being flattered. LOOK AT HIM. Reality man wovld be dating and not acting like a monk, like Hart has being writing since S2... It is one of my pet hates in the B&B relationship, the uneveness of Brennan getting to have the fun social life, which gets shoved in our faces season to season and Booth hardly even getting out of the starting blocks since Cam. *sighs* here ends my rant. Smile
Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:48 am

THX1138 wrote:

king RM

Amen! Like I said, MAN UP, SEELEY!!!!!! Atta girl, gimme a freaking break, man!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Meegs82 wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM

Amen! Like I said, MAN UP, SEELEY!!!!!! Atta girl, gimme a freaking break, man!

I would love for Bones to ask booth what atta girl means, that would be a sqee worthy scene Wink
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Okay, I've been thinking... scratch
I've been thinking about Booth loving Brennan and thinking that she does not love him back. I've been thinking about Brennan finally believing in love, maybe figuring out that she loves Booth, and wondering if he loves her back?
And I'm going to have to refer back to 'The End In The Beginning' here...STOP! WAIT! Come back?...No, don't run away! It's only the start of TEitB...Just the dialogue...I swear!

OK...I'm going to start with...
"In the darkest moments before dawn a woman returns to her bed. What life is she leading? Is it the same life the woman was leading half an hour ago? A day ago? A year ago?" (Events in your life can change you. It can be a gradual change, an evolution, or something instantaneous.)

"Who is this man?" (Who is Seeley Booth? He is the kid who stands in front of his brother and gets beaten. He is the sniper who keeps his head down so he won't get shot. He is the man who asked a woman to marry him only to be told "No.")

"Do they lead separate lives, or is it a single life shared?" (Yes, that's the big question!)

"A storm approaches.
It's still over the horizon, but there is lightning in the air.
Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence?
Can the feel the crackling of electricity in the wind?
Or are they only aware of the power they generate between themselves?
The first hint of the storm is not a thunderclap. It is a knock."

Translation? (That's just plain ol' translation...not TRANSLATION translation! Although...Depending on how this all plays out, it could very well be "Translation"! Twisted Evil )

Something big is coming. Something big and dark and nasty. You ain't gonna like it.
They can't see it yet, you can't see it yet, but it's there.
Can B&B tell what's on the way?
Can they feel it?
Or are they (perversely) too close to each other to see what's going on?
How does this all start? It starts with ANOK.

It did all start with Anok. Anok was in NatBM, the episode that brought us Hacker (Mr. Forehead Razz ) and Hacker is the key here. He is the one skier going down the mountain side that's gonna cause an avalanche!
I'm assuming that Brennan goes out for coffee with Hacker because...He's so obvioulsy interested in her and her head/heart is/are in a crazy place!?
I'm assuming that Booth goes for lunch with Dr. Klein because...She's so
obviously interested in him, his heart/head is/are in a crazy place and Brennan's going out with Hacker...so?!

Here we have it people. The gathering storm!
Coz, let's face it...this thing can't go on like this forever! All this waiting and doubting, secrets hidden and on and on with the false assumptions about what the other thinks and feels? Something HAS to give? Someone HAS to shout "Uncle!" (or in this case shout, "I don't love you in an atta girl kinda way! I love you in every kind of way!" Razz ) Batten down the hatches...There's a storm a comin’ (Hurricane Hacker/Klein!)
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:55 pm

TinkonBrink wrote:...There's a storm a comin’ (Hurricane Hacker/Klein!)
Well... then I better prepare for it and get some heavy sandbags... Suspect
(The next 2 months are going to be a torture with all those suspicions and speculations affraid .)
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 pm

TinkonBrink wrote:Okay, I've been thinking... scratch
I've been thinking about Booth loving Brennan and thinking that she does not love him back. I've been thinking about Brennan finally believing in love, maybe figuring out that she loves Booth, and wondering if he loves her back?
And I'm going to have to refer back to 'The End In The Beginning' here...STOP! WAIT! Come back?...No, don't run away! It's only the start of TEitB...Just the dialogue...I swear!

"In the darkest moments before dawn a woman returns to her bed. What life is she leading? Is it the same life the woman was leading half an hour ago? A day ago? A year ago?" (Events in your life can change you. It can be a gradual change, an evolution, or something instantaneous.)

"Who is this man?" (Who is Seeley Booth? He is the kid who stands in front of his brother and gets beaten. He is the sniper who keeps his head down so he won't get shot. He is the man who asked a woman to marry him only to be told "No.")

"Do they lead separate lives, or is it a single life shared?" (Yes, that's the big question!)

"A storm approaches.

Translation? (That's just plain ol' translation...not TRANSLATION translation! Although...Depending on how this all plays out, it could very well be "Translation"! Twisted Evil )

Something big is coming. Something big and dark and nasty. You ain't gonna like it.
Can they feel it?

It did all start with Anok. Anok was in NatBM, the episode that brought us Hacker (Mr. Forehead Razz ) and Hacker is the key here. He is the one skier going down the mountain side that's gonna cause an avalanche!
I'm assuming that Brennan goes out for coffee with Hacker because...He's so obvioulsy interested in her and her head/heart is/are in a crazy place!?
obviously interested in him, his heart/head is/are in a crazy place and Brennan's going out with Hacker...so?!

Coz, let's face it...this thing can't go on like this forever! All this waiting and doubting, secrets hidden and on and on with the false assumptions about what the other thinks and feels? Something HAS to give? Someone HAS to shout "Uncle!" (or in this case shout, "I don't love you in an atta girl kinda way! I love you in every kind of way!" Razz ) Batten down the hatches...There's a storm a comin’ (Hurricane Hacker/Klein!)

WOW What a Face nice work!! And i do agree with you completely, i have always had a weird feeling about Hacker (And it is not ONLY because is forehead looks like satellite dish) because he is the only one of bones, dates that has actually stayed around, and on the surface he has no role in the show, other than making us all pissed off. So that makes soo much sense, and the ANOK theory is amazing Very Happy !!

But i have one little thing to add , is it possible that the first bit "In the darkest moments before dawn a woman returns to her bed. What life is she leading? Is it the same life the woman was leading half an hour ago? A day ago? A year ago?" is telling us that this is what life they will lead in a year, so that first scene could be a year into the future, and is asking, what life was she leading a year ago? And a year ago she was leading the life we are seeing now. It may be a a bit far fetched, but just a thought, we have a whole two months to speculate, may as well have some fun Very Happy
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
♥ Maroon 5 ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:54 am

I'm not thinking about those sides and BB going out with another people...
I don't care about BB not getting together now...
I'm not going nuts about this twisted mind of HH and Co. ...
I'm very calm and relaxed... [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:18 am

TinkonBrink wrote:Okay, I've been thinking... scratch

"A storm approaches.

Can they feel it?

This actually has more logic than most of what we came up with so far.
And I never would have thought about the 'a knock' - 'Anok' thing Shocked Shocked
I like your theory for several reasons
1) It makes sense and it fits with the story so far in every aspect. (most of what we talked about so far, fit perfectly to a part of the story but not so much to the rest)
2) It's not too fanfiction-ish (although it could be, if someone is interested.....)
3) It would finally explain why Hacker is there, but he hasn't gotten into bed with Bones. (Not that I would want THAT to happen. But it is oddd, that she goes out with him, but doesn't have sex with him.)
and 4) It 'includes' some aspects of our former theories, just in a more thought-through manner......

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:52 am

the anok thing is pure genius. i have no idea how you made that connection!

All I can say is that if the end of this season pans out in any size/shape or form as a mirror of the very first scene in end in the beginning I will take back all the awful things I said about that episode being the finale. the rate things are going this season it certainly is a promising theory.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:56 am

ToZiKa wrote:This actually has more logic than most of what we came up with so far.
And I never would have thought about the 'a knock' - 'Anok' thing Shocked Shocked
I like your theory for several reasons
1) It makes sense and it fits with the story so far in every aspect. (most of what we talked about so far, fit perfectly to a part of the story but not so much to the rest)
2) It's not too fanfiction-ish (although it could be, if someone is interested.....)
3) It would finally explain why Hacker is there, but he hasn't gotten into bed with Bones. (Not that I would want THAT to happen. But it is oddd, that she goes out with him, but doesn't have sex with him.)
and 4) It 'includes' some aspects of our former theories, just in a more thought-through manner......

Occasionally...very occasionally I do have a serious thought!
But then it goes and I'm back here thinking up new and creative ways to insult Mr. Forehead! Razz
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:59 am

Ooooh, I love the "Anok" hypothesis! That's just brilliant. Very Happy

It will be interesting to see how the 100th episode fits into the way things are going between B/B and how it's reflected in this gathering storm idea...
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Tink, you are brilliant. The "Anok" thing especially. Damn, now I REALLY can't wait for April!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't mind this storyline at all. I think I may be the only one who doesn't mind. But I feel like this keeps it in reality, it's like sometimes you have to go through a dozen relationships to realize what you're looking for and what's right.

Besides everything that happens now is just another part that pushes them in a direction.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Hmmmmm... Where's another thread with Mama's spoiler gone? Deleted?
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:43 am

Lo wrote:I don't mind this storyline at all. I think I may be the only one who doesn't mind. But I feel like this keeps it in reality, it's like sometimes you have to go through a dozen relationships to realize what you're looking for and what's right.

Besides everything that happens now is just another part that pushes them in a direction.

Nope, not the only one. I for one, absolutely agree.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next