Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

+25
Bremilyfan
Karaoke_Junkie
carebear
snoozy
puckishbearscubsfan
Koudijs
agnerka81
Beth0524
dawnsfire
BrainySmurf0302
DBCrazy
baileypep
venzwife
Laffers18
Bonesbabe
newhaven5
Magic
jb
treble21
THX1138
jagglebells
spygrl
bones206
annd28
L_BionicWoman
29 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

Post by DBCrazy Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm

It may not be as long as you were thinking, but it was just right. They're all reaching out to touch her when she's feeling fragile. It's exactly what they need to do. And I'm so glad she turned toward Angela instead of away.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Agree, this was just right - it was powerful and heart breaking in a way. Poor Brennan really had no choice but to turn to Angela, she's devestated now and thanks to both Booth and Angela she can't compartmentalize the way she used to, and when it's him she can't help but feel it. What Max told her forced her to face the pain from he childhood and likewise makes her look at what she's doing to Booth and herself now. I just hope Angela is up to the task because Brennan will blame herself for everything now, even the things that aren't her fault. It's her way, the woman has precious little middle ground emotionally so first the devestation and then the guilt. The next few installments should be pretty angsty.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:45 pm

THX1138 wrote:The next few installments should be pretty angsty.
And that's just Brennan--wait 'til Booth gets back!

I haven't commented on this yet--most remiss of me. But it's a nail-biter!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 pm

So I wasn't really happy with that last chapter as far as expressing the inner thoughts of both Max and Brennan but the comments in support make me feel better about it. Yes, these next chappies should be pretty angsty, but....well let's just say it won't always be that way. Will post next one some time today.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 60
Location : Resident/Native of Florida's Emerald Waters and White Sandy Beaches
Say What You Want : “Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Know what I mean?”
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth0524 Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:56 am

I'm so glad you're writing again because I've really missed this story! Smile Can't wait to see what's coming next! Btw, I'm sorry you haven't felt well lately and about the funeral!
Beth0524
Beth0524
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Next chapter.....

BTW: Aced my psychology midterm. Sweets would be proud!

“Oh, Bren,” Angela instinctively stroked Brennan’s hair while she cried into her shoulder.

They stood together for a long moment before Brennan’s weight created a throbbing numbness in Angela’s arms that she couldn’t ignore any longer.

She nudged her best friends head up, “Hey,” wiping the tears from her eyes, Angela smiled timidly, “Why don’t we sit down.”

Brennan nodded her head allowing herself to be lead by the hand to the air mattress.

Angela sat down crossing her legs, then pulled Brennan to the makeshift bed and patted her leg. Taking the silent invitation with surprising ease, Brennan laid her head down. Angela resumed stroking her hair away from her face.

“He just walked away,” Brennan whispered so quietly Angela almost missed it.

“Sweetie,” she began hesitantly, knowing that word choice was critical, “Maybe Booth could have handled the situation better, but it’s not as simple as just walking away.”

“I asked him not to go and he did.” The disbelief was evident in her tone.

Angela took a breath; it was too black and white for her. At least she was trying to convince herself that it was.

“It sounded more like an ultimatum to me Bren. How can you expect him to choose between saving your life and being you’re…partner?” She cringed even as she said the now trite term.

She could practically hear Brennan trying to think of an answer that would satisfy her empirical mind.

“How could he expect me to be okay with him putting himself in danger to protect me? What if something happens to him?” She stopped just as she began to choke up again.

Angela knew this was her opening,” And what if something did happen to him? How would you feel?”

After a moment something seemed to occur to Brennan. Quickly she sat up, started shaking her head and stood. “I can’t do this, I can’t.”

Pushing it, Angela went after her grabbing her wrist, “Yes you can. Tell me Brennan. How would you feel if Booth died?”

“I don’t know.” Her voice cracked.

“Yes you do.” Angela forced the memory. She did know how it felt.

Tears streamed silently down her cheeks as it flooded into her mind. The adrenaline rushing through her as she sang in that God forsaken karaoke bar; then the shot and Booth tumbling to the ground.

“There was so much blood,” Angela broke the grasp on her wrist as she took herself back.

“I pressed the wound as hard as I could but it just kept coming.” Brennan looked at her hands as if they were still covered. She washed her hands incessantly for a week after but they never felt clean,” He just laid there, his eyes….God.” She began to shake trying to hold back the emotions that had her crying herself to sleep every night for two weeks.

For a moment Angela thought she had gone too far, that possibly this was too much for her. She remembered everything about those two weeks that everyone thought Booth had died.

Hodgins and Zack barely said a word to anyone, Cam snapped at everyone for the smallest thing despite Angela hearing her in her office crying on multiple occasions. She herself cried all the time. But Brennan, she went on about her work as if nothing had ever happened. Like Booth had never even stepped foot in the Jeffersonian and turned their world upside down in the most fulfilling way.

The spark that Booth had single handedly lit in her best friend years before was extinguished in 24 hours. No one could make her as alive as Booth could and had.

With that fact in mind, Angela reassured herself of where this was taking them.

“Why does it matter so much sweetie?” When no answer came, Angela reached out and turned Brennan to face her, lifting her gaze to meet her own, “What about Booth makes it so unbearable to lose him?”

“Please Ange,” She pleaded trying to pull her face away, eyes still glazed.

“Don’t act like you are clueless. You know.” Angela stood really close and leaned her forehead on Brennan’s, “You know.”

Brennan nodded almost imperceptibly. “Yes.”

I'm a lot happier with this chapter then the last. I hope you like it.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by agnerka81 Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm really enjoying this story:) Its helping to make the hiatus feel....not quite as long.....that and re-watching the season five epis Razz
agnerka81
agnerka81
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : This is my obsession, BONES, as far as obsessions go its not that bad...right?
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:15 am

love this story!!!
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:31 pm

There's a reason that Angela is Brennan's BFF, and that's a perfect example.

(And great job on your midterm!)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:10 am

2 new chapters, yay!!!!!!! Loved them both, looking forward to more!!!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:25 am

Thanks for all the great comments. New chapter will be up tomorrow night. Brace yourselves people.....Booth is BACK! Twisted Evil
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:58 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:58 am

Okay so I am a little pist right now because I finished the next chapter on Microsoft Word, and my stupid laptop decided to do a restart update before I had saved it. I'm so sorry, I'll have to rewrite it and post tomorrow night. Again sorry.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 pm

AWWW Mannn that is muy suckish... The same thing happened to me last week... twice in a row. I am really looking forward to the chapter tonight! (since technically today is november fourth... I am really enjoying this fanfic! Especially the last chapter... that was great, the friendship dynamic between B&A. I am sending moral support for the frustrating delete situation via thought waves Very Happy
~Sunnie~ sunny
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:26 am

I feel your pain. After years of feeling that pain it has led to a nice little relationship with that "Save" button. Here's hoping it goes easier the 2nd time around!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:48 am

Ah man that totally sucks. Hate it when that happens!!!! Sending moral support through the power of the internet!!!! Very Happy
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Here is the next chapter. It's a little small, but I am really trying to make the conversation between Booth and Brennan as in character and perfect as possible.

The sun had gone down hours before Brennan and Angela finally emerged from the room.

After many tears and a nap taken out of utter exhaustion, Angela had finally convinced Brennan that she needed to eat. Stepping out into the hallway they braced for Cam, Hodgins and Max to be there waiting with a barrage of questions.

Surprisingly and to Brennan’s relief, they were only greeted with darkness and silence as they made their way through the empty living room to the kitchen.

“It looks like everyone has already headed off to bed.” Angela observed before opening the fridge, eyeing Brennan as she slid up onto the black granite counter emotionally and physically drained.

“Let’s see what we have to eat,” Angela surveyed the fridge and a grin appeared on her face at what she found.

She reached inside and pulled out a large Tupperware container that had a small white piece of paper lying on the top.

“Knew you would get hungry with all that girl talk, hope she’s doing ok. –J.” Whew did she love that man. It saddened her for a moment thinking about those months when she had so stubbornly been without him, such a waste.

“What did you say Ange?” Brennan asked, her voice raspy.

“Hmm,” she turned with the container in her hand, “Oh, it looks like our dinner has been catered.”

Angela pulled off the top revealing stir fried vegetables with rice garnering a seemingly uninterested shrug from Brennan.

After warming it up in the microwave, Angela served it out on plates making sure Brennan took at least one bite before she herself began eating.

As they ate, Brennan couldn’t help but every now and again look across the living room to the front door. The clock on the back of the stove said that it was almost 11 pm and Booth still wasn’t back.

She knew that he was furious with her and hurt and she would never blame him for that. But she hoped that his hurt and anger didn’t interfere with whatever his plan was. It was selfish but she could never live with herself if he got hurt or worse because of something she had said or done.

“Sweetie?” Angela watched her as she stared off, her thoughts taking over.

“Yeah?” she squeezed her eyes shut for a moment.

“I’m going to go to bed. Do you want me to sleep in your room?”

Brennan looked at her best friend, wondering how in the world she ever deserved her.

“No, I’ll be fine. Go be with Hodgins.”

A look of surprise passed over Angela’s face before she reached out and hugged her. “I love you Brennan.”

“I love you too Ange.”

Once Angela made her way to Hodgin’s room down the hall, Brennan took a deep breath and washed the dishes to calm her increasingly anxious nerves.

She tried to use this task to keep herself from thinking about the obvious, and just as obviously it didn’t work. There were so many emotions to sort through.

Finishing with the dishes, she moved herself and her musings to the only true piece of furniture in the house. Plopping down onto the couch, she dropped her head in her hands.

The darkness relaxed her, prompting her to sit into the couch and lay her head back, closing her eyes.

She was absolutely lost as to what she was going to do next. Booth was the first person to conjure feelings like this in her. But after what she said to him, there was little hope for his forgiveness. Not only had she verbally severed their partnership, she had possibly created a split between them that could never be repaired.

The tears began again at this thought, a physical ache rippling through her.

Suddenly there was a rattling sound to her right. She lifted her head, and it stopped just as quickly as it started before the living room was bathed in light.

Their blue and brown eyes caught immediately.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:02 pm

And you just had to leave it there! Razz Don't mind me, you gave fair warning! Nice touch with the leftovers, too, btw.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:38 pm

We were warned, true, but still that is the cliffiest of cliffhangers evil woman! I do love how Brennan is still so convinced that everyone will leave her, that no one finds her worthy of the effort, that she's all but convinced herself there's no chance with Booth now. As well as she knows Booth, she doesn't know him at all at his most basic level. He'll never leave her, never abandon her, and whatever has passed between them will be an issue only so long as she makes it one. Can't wait for the next chapter!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:56 pm

the best ending.....but i want more more more! i love this story

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:19 pm

And I thought that little preface meant that there wasn't going to be much conversation between Booth & Brennan, not NO conversation between B&B! I want more!!

Surely he's been there all along, just in the darkness he went unnoticed, right? I want more!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:19 am

He's back, he's back, he's back!!! Whoop whoop *does a little irish jig* Razz

more please
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Posting a new chapter tomorrow night after I get off work.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Aww, I thought there was a new chapter now!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Sorry for the false alarm yesterday DBCrazy. Here is the actual thing. I am posting as much as I have finished and then will post the other part tomorrow. I write while I am at work, so I will finish writing it there.

Numb.

It was the only word that seemed appropriate enough to describe how Booth felt walking out of the house after his confrontation with Brennan.

A blessing in disguise it seemed, the numbness. Because if he had let what he was really feeling; anger, anguish and fear, take over it would have surely distracted him from the task at hand.

He met up with Reggie down the street in her Yukon. The moment he hopped into the passenger seat of the vehicle she could tell something was off kilter with him. Despite his unreadable expression, Reggie had known Booth long enough to know his tell.

She also knew better then to ask, instead choosing to hand over the data file she had collected yesterday. The one she was “supposed” to fax to the FBI for them to use.

“I thought we might get acquainted with some of dear old dad’s friends first. What do you think?” She gave him a sideways glance as she drove, knowing he wasn’t going to answer verbally.

As expected Booth nodded in response while quietly reviewing the first profile.

The moment Booth stepped up the stairs and stood outside of the house he could feel the shield he had built weakening. Brennan’s ultimatum resounded painfully in his head.

He checked his watch. It was almost midnight; he prayed everyone in the house had gone to sleep. From what he could see from the windows, the darkness seemed to confirm this.

Crossing the threshold inside, Booth silently closed the door behind him. Immediately the air seemed to shift, and the hair on the back of his neck stood straight. He knew that the darkness was hiding someone, hiding her.

On instinct he searched for the dimmer switch. Somehow through the darkness they had found each other. Their gazes locked as light illuminated them.

After a few beats of palpable tension, Brennan’s eyes moved from his face to scan his body. Assured, visually anyway that he hadn’t been injured; she broke the silence between them.

“You’re back.” She hadn’t meant to sound so relieved, but she was.

Booth observed her porcelain features. She had been crying, he was sure of it. Her eyes were still a little on the swollen side and red rimmed, the edges of her nostrils pink and raw from the irritation.

His natural inclination would have been to reach out to her and take her in his arms. But he couldn’t bring himself to forget her words. She was the one who had put their partnership and in association their entire relationship on the chopping block. She didn’t have to right to be upset, to cry over it. His temper began to simmer.

“Of course I’m back,” there was no point in trying to hide the edge.

Brennan hesitated, catching his agitation.

“Did you find him?” Her nerves were getting the best of her. Trying to combat it, she stood plunging her hands into her jean’s pockets.

It was understood by Booth that “him” meant Benito Silva and “find” meant kill.

“No, but we’re closer. Some of his associates were willing with some coercion to give out some information. Tomorrow is the day.”

“We?”

“Emmalin and I.”

“Reggie you mean.” She clarified, getting a nod in confirmation. Her brows knitted together as she processed this. Why did it feel like he deliberately tried taking a jab at her with that? Deliberate or not it stung.

“Well it’s late; I think I’ll head to bed.” Booth went to turn, the mattress for him made up in what would be an office separated from the living room by a pocket door.

“Wait Booth.” Brennan stepped closer, reaching out. He faced her once again, pinching the bridge of his nose and exhaling, his frustration growing.

“What do you want Bones?” He snapped.

“I just want to talk.” She answered timidly.

His hurt and anger were evident now, his features unable to mask it any longer. “Talk about what? There isn’t anything to say. You made me choose and I did what I had to. After all this is done and you are safe, you and I are done just like you wanted.”

She shook her head, tears welling mercilessly, “But it’s not what I want. I didn’t think you would go.”

“Why wouldn’t I go? I told you why I had to.” He stared at her in disbelief.

“Because I thought you would choose me.” Brennan was trying to explain but he only seemed to be getting more hostile.

“I did choose you, don’t you understand.” His voice softened. He realized they were being loud enough to wake someone up.

Brennan looked to the floor, her thoughts moving quickly. “God, it would be so much easier if we could go back. I wish we could just go back.” She confessed, her shoulders sagging in exhaustion.

“Go back?” Booth questioned, obviously confused.

“To before we even met.”

His anger gave way to utter shock. “What?” He asked breathless. The pain worse then any bullet he had ever taken.

I know, cliffie. Please don't kill me and don't hate Brennan. I haven't written this next part yet, but I know what is going to happen.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next