Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

+25
Bremilyfan
Karaoke_Junkie
carebear
snoozy
puckishbearscubsfan
Koudijs
agnerka81
Beth0524
dawnsfire
BrainySmurf0302
DBCrazy
baileypep
venzwife
Laffers18
Bonesbabe
newhaven5
Magic
jb
treble21
THX1138
jagglebells
spygrl
bones206
annd28
L_BionicWoman
29 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete! - Page 7 Empty Re: The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

Post by Laffers18 Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Hehehehe, Booths face would be an absolute picture! Love it!!!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete! - Page 7 Empty Re: The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

Post by L_BionicWoman Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:36 am

Had to study for psych final today. I will definitely post a new chapter tomorrow.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 60
Location : Resident/Native of Florida's Emerald Waters and White Sandy Beaches
Say What You Want : “Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Know what I mean?”
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by venzwife Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Yeah! Can't wait for more!

venzwife

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Small chapter, but I am trying to figure out exactly how to word the next few scenes.

Liam's eyes carefully observed Booth, Max and the group of scientists who had come to be family to one another.

He found the situation they had landed themselves in utterly amusing. Despite the humor, there was other things that needed to be addressed. The more serious situation that took precedent.

"Booth." He locked gazes with his old friend communicating silently.

"Okay everyone, playtime is over." Booth regained focus, or rather attempted to ignore the smirks from his colleagues that bounced between him and Brennan.

He stepped behind the counter beside Liam and motioned everyone to surround the island so that they could discuss properly. Instinctively the couples managed to stand beside one another.

Max stood just outside the perimeter marveling at the sight. Some people spent their entire lives looking for that one person who could provide unconditional love and companionship. Somehow this group managed to do just that, despite facing the most devastating of human tragedies.

He looked to the glowing porcelain features of his daughter, his heart aching as he saw her mother. His true love's spirit lived in both their children, but especially in Temperance.

No one would ever know how happy the sight of Booth and his daughter together had made him. As he lived with the guilt of what him and Ruth's action's had cost her. Selfish maybe, but he could live his entire life with the guilt if it meant that she could give her heart fully to a worthy man.

"Dad?" Brennan's call and quizzical eye brought him from his musings gently.

"Yeah baby?"
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 am

Awwww, i loved that. A little insight into the mind of Max whom i ADORE!!!!!

Brilliant, really looking forward to more.
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:04 am

Okay people, here is the deal. I will be posting another chapter tonight and tomorrow night, but after that I will me MIA until Tuesday night of next week. My last final, Western Civ is a take home test, but will be REALLY difficult, so I will be in a hole for that time period. I have an 89 average, so I need to get a 90 or over to cinch an A in the class. You all understand I am sure.

Again thank you all for your wonderful comments and insights. Chapter will be up around 9 tonight.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 am

Tonight, another chapter. CHECK!
Tomorrow night, another chapter. CHECK!

No more until next Tuesday! Awwww!

Que sera sera (or something like that.) Good luck on that final. I hope you Ace it!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:23 am

Good luck on your exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.v.v.v.v.v.v.v. excited about the new chapter!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Here it is.

“Are you okay?” Brennan asked her father.

“I’m fine, keep going.” Max urged the group, this time paying attention to what Liam and Booth were saying.

“From what Reggie and I were able to eavesdrop on, Little Benny’s father is not very happy with his son. Being newly released from prison and flying off to America
after a federal witness is not much on the list of priorities.” Booth glanced
over to Brennan briefly, before continuing.

“As punishment, Sr. has cut off all assets in the U.S. from his son, so his only resources are the very few men that he brought into their organization and his own personal money. This unfortunately includes whatever federal agents they were able to buy. Which we still haven’t been able to confirm any of the possibles from the list Reggie made.”

“So what does this mean? What are you going to do now?” Hodgins asked.

Liam took this as his cue, opening the folder he held by his side, and laying across the counter so everyone could see.

“Booth told me that Silva had called your apartment and left a voicemail Dr.Brennan, so I hope you don’t mind, but I pulled your phone records. The number was run through a device that had the signal bouncing off multiple towers, but with my sister’s help I narrowed the number down to a payphone about 5 miles from the Hoover Building.”

“That’s tempting fate isn’t it?” Cam wondered.

“It’s smart.” Max finally spoke. “They wouldn’t suspect him to hide out so close to the Bureau.”

“You’re going after him.” Angela stated, worry creeping into her voice.

Liam nodded yes, as Booth simultaneously answered. “No.”

“What?” Liam looked to his friend, confused.

Everyone’s gaze converged on the agent.

He laced his fingers with Brennan’s giving them a reassuring squeeze, “No, we aren’t. Instead we are going to turn the information over to Cullen and let him take care of Silva. He’ll know who to trust. By the end of the day this will all be over.”

Booth turned to Liam and nearly imperceptibly gestured to Cam. “It’s the right thing to do. I don’t want to put you at risk.”

“Okay.” Liam agreed gathering the file in his arm. “Then we should probably get this to your Deputy Director Cullen immediately.”

“We still have so much to figure out.” Brennan muttered nervously as she watched Booth button up his white shirt. Seeing the worry in her expression, he grabbed his suit jacket and crossed over to her.

“Luckily, there will be plenty of time for us to talk.” He placed a lingering kiss on her forehead, the sensation of his lips on her skin stirring her insides. Pulling away, Booth grasped her shoulders gently. “Not to mention OTHER things.”

His lop-sided grin and suggestive tone had her concerns ebbing. “You mean sex?”

Rolling his eyes with a laugh, Booth tugged his holster in place and shrugged his jacket on. “We are going to work on educating you in the ways of innuendo Bones.”

“I’m getting better though right?” She asked seriously as Booth led her out of their room, arm slung over her shoulders.

“Yeah Bones…you’re getting better.”

The group waited in the foyer, and watched curiously as the newly minted couple entered. They all knew it was happening, and they didn’t expect Booth and Brennan to be all over each other, but it was as if nothing had changed. Years of them acting like an old married couple had acclimated the squints to all the sights and sounds that weren’t overtly sexual.

“Booth and I will drop off the documents at the Hoover building discreetly and then we’ll return here as soon as possible.” Liam gave Cam a chaste kiss on the lips then went to open the front door.

The room seemed to buzz with energy and tension all at the same time. It would be over soon and although no one wanted to be too optimistic, the relief was already beginning to show.

Booth looked to Brennan one more time, gripping her pointer finger with his own just like she had done to him a few nights ago when she believed him to be asleep.

It seemed to click in her mind, her eyes widening before flicking between their fingers and Booth’s face.

He turned to leave smugly. “OH COME ON!”

Angela pleaded, having had enough of the mental undressing and passive physical affection.

“Give us something will you?”

There was a long pause before Booth glanced at Angela with an unreadable expression and then promptly strode over to Brennan, sliding his hand around her waist and up her back smothering her surprised yelp with his lips.

Once Brennan recovered from the shock she participated with fervor, her arms wrapping around his neck to deepen the kiss.

Just as quickly as the heat began, it ended. They separated for the sheer need of air. With one last peck on her lips, Booth exited with his signature charm smile. Brennan let out a deep breath, trying to clear the haze in her mind while Angela and the rest of the group attempted to pick their jaws up off the ground.

“Damn. I should have tapped that when I had the chance.” Angela finally muttered garnering eyebrow raised stares.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Laughing Nice nod to all that teasing and flirting Angela & Booth used to do, back in S1.

Seems a little anti-climatic, however. Is it really going to be that simple? I mean, just giving Cullen the information and a little house-cleaning? I suppose they deserve to have something run smoothly.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Like my Queen I must agree, Angie's comment at the end was a nice homage to the flirtatious nature she frequently directed at Booth in S1.

And while I agree, the ending seems a tad anti-climatic I'm willing to bet that the course of true love will ne'er run so smooth.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:26 am

Anti-Climatic? Never will you EVER use that word again. Yeesh! I think I've just been insulted. *j/k* You just wait!
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:55 am

L_BionicWoman wrote:Anti-Climatic? Never will you EVER use that word again. Yeesh! I think I've just been insulted. *j/k* You just wait!
Why do I feel like I owe Booth and Brennan an apology? Rolling Eyes

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:02 am

Love this chapter!!

Unlike some i am not so sure all will be well. I mean, theres still crooks in the FBI so if Cullen trusts the wrong people everything could go tits up!!! (or *gasp*, Cullen could be a crook..................nope, the even the thought of it makes me sad!! )

Can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by venzwife Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:33 am

LOVED these chapters!! FABULOUS!! More please! I really hope everything goes okay with Booth and Liam going to the Hoover building....anytime Booth, or any of the squints for that matter, separate from the group it makes me nervous.

venzwife

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:19 am

L_BionicWoman wrote:Anti-Climatic? Never will you EVER use that word again. Yeesh! I think I've just been insulted. *j/k* You just wait!
Just tell us the story's not over by a long shot, and the comments' relevance will fade away...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:25 pm

I'M BACK! I turn in my Take Home Final today, so expect a new chappie tonight. I am going out of town on Saturday so I will try and do a new chapter every night until then to wrap this story up before then. Thanks for all the comments, reads and reviews.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by carebear Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:32 pm

yayayay cant wait to read it!!!
carebear
carebear
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 90
Say What You Want : Um dang didn't know there would be a essay part to this I forgot to study. Can you come back to me after I read my cliff notes?
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 am

I hope you do well on that final! Looking forward to another installment in this story!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:49 am

Whoop Whoop.

Another chappie soooooon........feels like an early xmas pressie!! Happy days!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Here we go. It's a small chapter, but the scenes change rapidly, so I figured it was easier to just chop it at each scene.

If it wasn’t for Elaine his ever so punctual receptionist Lance Sweets would have slept right through the morning. She walked in at 7:00 on the dot and winced at the state of her charge’s office.

“Dr.Sweets?” Concern laced her tone as the young doctor lifted his head from the desk.

Seeing Elaine, he immediately sat up straight, smoothed his wrinkled tie and wiped the drool from the side of his mouth. “Good morning Elaine.”

“Dr.Sweets did you sleep here all night?” She stepped further into the office. The mess of clothes on the couch and take-boxes confirmed this visually.

“Um,” He surveyed as well and smiled sheepishly,” Looks like it huh.”

He couldn’t help it. Ever since this whole mess with Booth,Brennan and the squints started he had been on edge. And when Booth had trusted him enough to call and do him a favor, there was no way Sweets would not be around if he chose to call again. It was too important to their safety that he be there.

“This is the third night this week. You kids these days.” Elaine began mumbling as she tidied up the room. At 52 and having raised three boys herself, Elaine was used to the routine and did it without hesitation. The boy looked absolutely tuckered out. “Work
yourselves to the bone and what for? Money….it’s not everything you know. You can’t
take a U-Haul to heaven with you.”

Sweets tried to listen to her kind, if not off target musings but the sudden ringing of his phone ripped through his concentration.

Leaping to pick it up, he startled Elaine who ceased her actions and watched him curiously.

“Hello.”

“Don’t speak. Just listen” It was Booth.

“I’m about to pull into the Hoover parking complex. I have information that needs to get to Cullen immediately. When I hang up I want you to meet me at your parking spot so that I can give it to you. It is extremely important that you not stop and talk to anyone coming down to meet me OR going back up to hand over the file. Say ok hang up if you understand.”

“Okay.” He agreed quickly hanging up.

“Is everything ok?” Elaine asked as Sweets took his suit jacket from the back of his chair and slipped it on while making his way around the desk.

“Yeah, I’ll be back in a second.” With that Sweets walked briskly from his office.

“Must be the ole' bladder.” She muttered amused.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:02 am

You just gotta love Sweets, not abandoning his post, ready and waiting for his next assignment!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 am

Like Sherry said ya' just gotta love that Sweets didn't abandon his post. Of course since Booth is his surrogate Big Brother I'd expect nothing less from the baby duck, still it's pretty impressive the lengths he's gone to out of dedication to "the family".

king RM

Oh, Sherry I love your avatar!
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:48 am

Ahhhhh Booth would be proud of his wee baby duck!!! Looking forward to the next chappie!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Sorry for the late post. Got caught up in the So You Think You Can Dance? Finale, as well as the Cadgins fanfic on FF.net (SO GOOD!!)

All of his co-conspirators had made fun of him. Saying that if he wanted to babysit the baby-faced psychiatrist then by all means they would carryout the "actual work" as they had called it.

But Special Agent James Ryan knew that what he was doing was what would bring him ultimate success in his boss's eyes. The geek was the key. The only person besides Deputy Director Cullen that the cocky bastard Booth trusted in the Bureau was Dr.Lance Sweets.

Keeping his eyes on him would lead them to the good Dr. Brennan. Silva offered up more money then he would ever make in this shit house for her live capture.

So Ryan made himself look busy in plain view of Dr.Sweet's office, if anything went down he would know.

He yanked his feet off his desk abruptly as the man of the hour hurried out of his office looking both wired and exhausted.

Watching closely to see where he was heading, Ryan followed inconspicuously after giving the kid some room.

From around the corner, he watched Dr.Sweets enter the elevator and raced to catch it before the door closed.

"Hold up." He called innocently, slipping his hand in front of the door, causing it to open once again. "That was close." He smiled at the young doctor who gave him a forced grin.

There was no need to press a destination button, Dr.Sweets had already determined where he would go. Standing behind the obviously nervous kid, Ryan covertly texted his cohort in maintenance.

Somethings up. Meet in parking complex.

In hindsight Sweets would have insisted on taking the elevator by himself, but exhaustion had dulled his instincts. By the time he got suspicious of the seemingly polite agent standing behind him it was too late.

He gasped at the feel of a blunt object to his back. There was no need to guess what it was. The gun poked his lower back painfully.

"Don't move or I will shoot you."
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum