Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body Language (Fluff, K)

+2
flyersfan35
kiki
6 posters

Go down

Body Language (Fluff, K) Empty Body Language (Fluff, K)

Post by kiki Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:38 am

This is just because I'm so sick of writing about "academic" subjects and needed something to break the monotony.

Oh, and I didn't know where this was headed; I just copied the quote and started writing with no plan in mind so I apologise for the lack of plot!

"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."
--Robert Sexton

Booth’s jaw clenched and a dull ache radiated down his neck, reminding him that he was grinding his teeth too much of late. He wordlessly held the door open for his partner and allowed her to step out before him into the spring evening. She nodded briefly in acknowledgement of the gesture but didn’t comment.

With unspoken agreement the two turned and headed toward the Washington Monument. They both needed to forget about the events that had unfolded inside the Hoover building over the last forty minutes. Brennan tilted her face up towards the dying rays of the sun, a fleeting smile crossing her features. Some of the tension in Booth’s jaw dissipated as he watched her.

As they wove through strolling pedestrians enjoying the lingering warmth of the day, Booth unconsciously placed his hand on Brennan’s lower back to help her manoeuvre through the crowd. Her gaze tilted back towards him and her eyes glinted in appreciation. His smiled tightly as his stomach plummeted.

Neither spoke until they ascended the steps of the monument. Brennan made some trivial remark about the pleasant weather which Booth responded to with a grunt. She studied him for a moment before hesitantly placing her hand on his bicep and squeezing gently. He looked momentarily startled but then covered her hand with his own and soundlessly mouthed the word ‘thanks’. She ducked her head slightly at the gesture but her eyes met his as the two wordlessly seated themselves on the top step.

Brennan wriggled her hand out from under his but compensated for the loss in contact by scooting herself closer beside him. Booth winked at her before draping his arms across his legs, allowing his wrists to dangle from his knees. Brennan began absently pulling at the beaded bracelet on her arm.

“Well…we got him,” she suddenly blurted.

Booth flicked his gaze over towards her and clicked his tongue for a number of seconds before nodding once. Brennan smiled briefly at a group of tourists mounting the steps to her right before speaking again.

“I wasn’t actually sure that he was going to confess. I know we had all of the evidence for a conviction but for a long time there it looked like he wasn’t going to…”

“And then when he did start talking I wished he’d never opened his mouth.” Booth barked.

Brennan dropped her head as though chastised.

“I know it’s harder for you to hear about child abuse because of your own circumstances, but…” she began quietly.

“But nothing, Bones. He was her step-father. Her only father figure. He was meant to protect and nurture that little girl. Lay down his life for her if he had to. But instead…instead…nobody deserves that breach of trust, least of all a defenceless child.”

Brennan nodded, pretending she didn’t feel the sharp prickling burning through her eyes. “You’re right,” she acknowledged softly before placing her head on his shoulder. Booth’s eyes widened at the gesture but other than that he made no outward reaction. His heart began to thud into overdrive as she let out a small contented sigh. After a moment or two he moved one of his hands to rest on her knee. She smiled delightedly to herself, although he didn’t see it.

Brennan closed her eyes as she began to feel some semblance of relaxation seep into her body. A heavy scent of flowers clung to the air. She imagined it to be jasmine and honeysuckle as they always reminded her of summer. The warm reassuring weight of Booth’s hand was sending tingles coursing through her leg. Her scalp prickled with unaccountable nerves and her eyelids fluttered as she attempted to regulate her breathing. Bursts of red and purple doused her vision as the setting sun sparkled on her retinas.

Booth’s thumb began to trace looping circles on the side of her knee. He was having trouble keeping his hand from shaking and decided voluntary movement might be the best way to mask this. Brennan murmured something low and unintelligible, sending a shiver trickling down his back.

She wasn’t sure how long they sat there. Time and movement ceased to matter as the minutes ticked by. When she finally became fully conscious of her surroundings once more, she realised that the milling crowds had dispersed and the sun had set completely, leaving a heathery hue distilling the tranquillity of the night.

Booth squeezed her knee gently. “You cold?” he asked, his voice slightly husky from misuse. She shook her head and buried her nose into his jacket, savouring his proximity. He smiled at the idea of Brennan snuggling against anything and dipped his head down to plant a kiss in her hair, enveloping her in his scent. Her back arched in response to the sensory stimulation and a low grown left her throat. She instantly squeezed her eyes shut tightly in embarrassment at the unforeseen reaction.

He noticed the movement and the echo of her groan reverberated around his skull. He had trouble processing the faint blush now staining her cheeks. Every muscle in him seemed to tighten, his body readying him for action.

“Bones?”

She swallowed heavily before removing her head from his shoulder, her eyes meeting his as she shifted her weight back. Any excuse she was going to make, any glib remark to explain away the situation died in her throat as she gazed at him. Their eyes bored into each other. What each saw reflected back amazed them.

She felt as if her entire body was quivering, radiating from her lower back. Her tongue seemed obsolete, a dead weight in her mouth. Adrenaline appeared to be rushing through her. She could feel it pounding right down to her toes. His hand was still on her knee, which was now impossibly hot.

Blood roared in his ears as he continued to look at her. Her eyes were glistening and he almost wished she would glance away, if only to break the tension for a moment. Wild animals couldn’t have torn his gaze from hers now. He was committed to this. His stomach lurched as her tongue darted out to graze her lips nervously. Booth felt her leg begin to shake under his hand.

A symphony thundered through Brennan’s ribs at the emotion in his eyes. His face was set with fierce determination. This was it. After months of hints and lingering gazes, and years of second-guessing motives, this was it. They were finally going to breach the line.

Her pulse slammed uncomfortably at the side of her neck as he leaned forward. He smiled crookedly at her, the corners of his eyes crinkling. Her stomach jerked uncontrollably as his hand tightened on her knee. Her gaze flashed briefly with nerves and she managed an anxious smile of her own before closing her eyes in acquiescence.

Eternity seemed to pass as she sat there in darkness, every nerve trembling in expectation. Then, suddenly, his lips met hers and searing warmth flooded through her. The first kiss was tentative; lips barely touching before separating again. The second kiss was longer; mouths rubbing together for almost a minute. The third kiss lingered further, gentle breaths actually caressing the other’s lips as mouths opened to switch positions.

By the fourth kiss Brennan’s tongue was stroking Booth’s lips, which he opened willingly, as his hand trailed from her knee up her thigh. A silence descended that appeared to transcend anything either of them had experienced before. Their tongues danced together lazily; a private dialogue that neither seemed able to put into words just yet. But each understood its meaning.

Brennan felt contentment rain down upon her in waves and she reached her hand up to tenderly touch his face. Booth felt as though his soul had burst alight and was now shining brilliantly for the entire world to see. His hand reached her waist and he anchored himself to her, needing her support as exhilaration had sapped him of his strength.

One kiss seeped into the next as their bodies fused together more tightly. Finally, they broke apart, both smiling widely. Booth left one last lingering kiss against her mouth before Brennan placed her head back on his shoulder. His moved his arm around her shoulder with a satisfied grunt. Her hand reached up and their fingers entwined together. Both sat quietly, neither wanting to break the spell but confident that their wordless omission would not end on these steps, nor on this night.

It had begun. They had begun. They were finally taking that next step together. It had just taken their minds a little longer to realise what their bodies had been trying to tell them all along.
kiki
kiki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2352
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Body Language (Fluff, K) Empty Re: Body Language (Fluff, K)

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 am

Oh kiki...how wonderful! What an awesome story! I'm always amazed by your wonderful description...I can see everything clearly, it's like I'm there! And what a beautiful scene you painted...it was absolutely perfect!!!

And you told me the other day that you've forgotten how to write...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Kiki, I loved it. Very beautiful and well written.
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Loved it! Fluff is always needed!!!!!!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Man!! I'm a little dizzy! Thank you Kiki!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:22 am

Oh wow....I missed your stories Kiki.
That was wonderfully written fluff.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down