Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

+25
Bremilyfan
Karaoke_Junkie
carebear
snoozy
puckishbearscubsfan
Koudijs
agnerka81
Beth0524
dawnsfire
BrainySmurf0302
DBCrazy
baileypep
venzwife
Laffers18
Bonesbabe
newhaven5
Magic
jb
treble21
THX1138
jagglebells
spygrl
bones206
annd28
L_BionicWoman
29 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

Post by L_BionicWoman Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Sorry for the delay.What with New Year and my mom and sister's birthday's I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Here is the next chappie.....

Booth's worst fear was confirmed 5 minutes later. He watched apprehensively as the two men that attacked him and Sweets at the bureau led Brennan into the warehouse shadowing each side of her warily.

If she was scared, her demeanor gave nothing away. But her eyes moved quickly around her surroundings, searching.

The dancing blue irises spotted Booth tied to the chair, bleeding from a cut to his bottom lip, the wound on the back of his head and various other scrapes.

Seeing that he wasn't seriously injured, her gaze locked with his, a silent conversation between them.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm sorry Booth. But I couldn't let them kill you because of me."

"I have a plan."

She squinted almost imperceptibly, skepticism obvious,"Oh really?"

"Well no, but it would have been easier if you weren't here Bones."

"Just trust me."

"Well, well. If it isn't Dr. Temperance Brennan." Brennan's guards led her to stand directly in front of Silva who stood between her and Booth.

He began walking in a languid circle around her, the appreciative, bordering on predatory way his stare moved over her body caused Booth to squirm uncomfortably in his seat.

Brennan didn't even miss a beat, rebelliously shifting her stance. Stepping out with one foot and planting her hands on her hips. "Yes. I'm the bitch that sent your serial killing ass to prison."

Taken aback by her out of character brashness, Booth's eyes widened in disbelief. What was she up to?
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 60
Location : Resident/Native of Florida's Emerald Waters and White Sandy Beaches
Say What You Want : “Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Know what I mean?”
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Body Under Guard (starts K+ shifts to M)!Now Complete!

Post by snoozy Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:51 pm

hmmm what *is* she up to? Can't wait to find out!!!
snoozy
snoozy
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:33 pm

He may not have a plan, but apparently she does--assuming she doesn't get killed 1st!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:39 am

Yes! That's the Brennan we all love to see! You go get his serial killing ass!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:22 am

Go Brennan, Go Brennan, Go Brennan..............Whoop whoop, love that girl!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 am

DBCrazy wrote:
Dylan183 wrote:Oh god, whats she done?!!!!!

Poor Booth, don't like him being hurt (although, he always look soooooooooooooo HOT when he's all beaten and bloody........is that wrong?!)
Suspect

No yeah, I kinda do think that's wrong! (Not that I'm disagreeing with you. That's when I want to be Booth's RN!) Embarassed
Lordy, you just want to give the man a sponge bath, admit it!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:41 am

dawnsfire wrote:He may not have a plan, but apparently she does--assuming she doesn't get killed 1st!

queen
Yeah, that would be the problem with Brennan's plans in general - She's a good strategist, but she sucks at the tactical level.

Anyway I'm sure Booth actually had a plan, in fact unless I miss my guess it was the same one he had with Gallagher - keep bleeding until rescued. Hey, it ain't pretty but it worked before. Cool

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:56 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

Poor Booth, don't like him being hurt (although, he always look soooooooooooooo HOT when he's all beaten and bloody........is that wrong?!)
Suspect

No yeah, I kinda do think that's wrong! (Not that I'm disagreeing with you. That's when I want to be Booth's RN!) Embarassed

king RM
Robert! You're back!!!! Very Happy

And yes, I'll admit it, but not 'just' a sponge bath. I'm sure he'll be needing ever so much TLC and who better to administer to his needs than someone who really gets into their work! Wink

It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:57 am

DBCrazy wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:

Suspect

king RM
Robert! You're back!!!! Very Happy

And yes, I'll admit it, but not 'just' a sponge bath. I'm sure he'll be needing ever so much TLC and who better to administer to his needs than someone who really gets into their work! Wink
Yep! I'm back baby! Yeah, the extended holiday turned out to be more work than...well...work. Plus I missed this place and Lord only knows what all y'all got into without me here to offer my own brand of guidance. Laughing

I do say I like the idea though, mayhaps a little loofa inspired TLC for Brennan is in order. Of course you know when giving someone a bath water just gets everywhere, so I'd best strip down myself - no point in getting my clothes wet too. Wink

It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it!
Yes, well coming clean was never quite so much fun as they say.

king RM

I wonder if I should paint it yellow and call him Mr Ducky?
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 pm

THX1138 wrote:Yep! I'm back baby! Yeah, the extended holiday turned out to be more work than...well...work. Plus I missed this place and Lord only knows what all y'all got into without me here to offer my own brand of guidance. Laughing
Us? In trouble? Surely you jest, my King! Why we were simply angels as befit the season!
Glad to see you though! Missed your instigator's wit.

Anyway I'm sure Booth actually had a plan, in fact unless I miss my guess it was the same one he had with Gallagher - keep bleeding until rescued. Hey, it ain't pretty but it worked before.
But this time he should have less of the idea that she could (would?) be coming for him. If you know what I mean--I can't seem to phrase that any better. So waiting & bleeding is a pretty poor plan this time around.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 pm

WOW! It's been quite a few days. Sorry, been busy lately. Just started back at school and so on. Anyways, I have about three more chapters in this story. I will post the next one tomorrow night after class. Again, sorry for leaving you guys hanging.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:27 am

Ooooooh, can't wait!!!

*taps feet impatiently*
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Ahhhh! Yay Very Happy Now I will have to calm down, ANTICIPATION IS KILLER!
*Breathe in, breathe out*x900
I feel very relaxed now.... chappie please? Wink
~ sunny jocolor ~
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Here we go. Next chapter. I should be able to post another one tomorrow night as well.

Silva's grin quickly twisted into a sneer at Brennan's retort. He abruptly stepped closer to her, purposely invading her personal space. She refused to be intimidated, not backing away despite such a close proximity. His hardened gaze bored into hers.

Booth watched them carefully, but continued to work at removing the rope from around his hands.

Just as he looked to be backing away, Silva's hand snapped up to grasp Brennan's neck. Like a steel clamp, his hand squeezed her neck enough to be uncomfortable but not severely enough to cut off her breath.

"Get your hands off of her Benny!" Booth growled. Brennan couldn't see him with Silva blocking her view although she could still here him struggling to get to her from his seat. Before she could stop them, hot tears stung the sides of her eyes.

Ignoring Booth and her tears, Silva leaned in closer, his lips brushing her ear. His hand around her throat stop her instinctive flinch away from the
too intimate touch.

"You are going to pay for what you did to me bitch. And it's going to start with your boyfriend over there." He released her, leaving her to process what that meant and turned towards Booth.

"No!" Brennan grabbed for Silva causing him to swing around towards her, a loud crack emanating as his hand connected with the side of her face. The force of the blow had her tumbling back, hitting the ground. Silva's two men came up behind her and yanked her off the concrete, holding her back.

"Bones!" Booth called out to her, his eyes taking in the reddened and already beginning to swell mark on her cheek.

"I don't think it's her you should be worried about Agent Booth." Booth's gaze sliced like razors to Silva who now held a large knife in his hand and was coming closer and closer.

"It's me you want Silva, not him." Brennan struggled in her captors grasp, eyes wide watching him close in on the man she loved with a weapon. She had to stall as long as possible if there was a chance that the FBI could get to them in time.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 am

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

More more more more more more!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Next chappie. A little longer then the last.

It wasn't the blade diving into his leg that caused the pain coursing through his body. The pain he could handle. He had been shot, stabbed and tortured before, so this was a piece of cake in retrospect.

No the agony in Silva's assault on him was seeing how intently Brennan was making herself watch it. She refused to turn away as he landed a deceptively heavy blow to his jaw reopening the cut that had just congealed enough to stop bleeding inside his mouth. Her own sense of mental punishment.

Brennan's eyes shined with unshed tears while she was being restrained by Silva's men.

"See," Silva opened his hands behind Booth, and looked to Brennan, displaying Booth and his wounds. "The worst thing you ever did was turn yourself over to me. Because in doing that," He chuckled,"You showed me that you value his life over your own.Which means hurting him is the best way to hurt you."

"Nice deduction there Freud." Booth laughed at his own joke. Sweets would be proud of his use of "Freud".

Silva ignored Booth's sarcasm, instead continuing to focus on Brennan. He swung around the side of Booth, arrogantly standing with his back to him still cradling the blood stained knife in his hand.

Booth eyed his stance carefully, figuring out the best way to disarm Silva. Despite having a couple inches and about 35 lbs on the Colombian, Booth understood that he was extremely strong. The element of surprise was the only way to give him the upper hand.

"This was much easier then I anticipated." Silva continued to orate, as Booth finally managed to pull his hands from the ropes around his wrists.

Suddenly his barking laughter garnered the groups attention. Brennan stared at him, a mixture of curiosity and worry in her expression.

"What the hell do you find so funny Agent Booth." Silva snapped harshly, turning half way to view him.

Booth attempted to get himself under control, at the same time taking in Brennan's two captors, only one with a weapon, the layout of the warehouse with two exits, and of course Brennan's ability to escape as quickly and safely as possible. Which would be a problem, unless he gave them a good enough reason to just let her go....

"You really haven't done your research have you Benny. If so, history would teach you that Bones and I don't go down easy...or at all for that matter." He shifted in his seat bracing himself for what was to come. But first he had to communicate his plan to Brennan somehow.

"The last son of a bitch who tried fought a losing battle with a shotgun. The one before that, a bullet to the throat." His gaze focused on Brennan. "I still owe you for that one, don't I Bones?"
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:45 am

Oooooooooooh, come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More more more more!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bremilyfan Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:14 am

I LOVE this fic! I've been following it since it started on the BY! I'm sad that it's so close to ending!!

BUT SAVE THEM!!!
Bremilyfan
Bremilyfan

Number of posts : 12
Say What You Want : BONES IS BEST!!

Brennan fan + Emily fan=Bremilyfan
Smile
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:25 pm

Already back in school?! It seems like just a few days ago you were taking your finals!

I'm with Dylan on this one ... More more more more!

Please. clown
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Okay peeps. I have almost finished writing the final chapter. I will post it tomorrow night and then an epilogue probably Sunday.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:10 am

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek, so excited!!!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:02 pm

i do love how the work together-- but the cliffies are killer!!!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by L_BionicWoman Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Before I post this final chapter I must send out a big thank you to all of my readers. I started this fanfic at the Boneyard in April of last year. Between then and now, a lot of things have happened in my life. The biggest and most shattering being the passing of my nana from cancer in July. Through the trials and tribulations, not to mention the forum move to The ABY I have been followed by the most amazing people. Thank you for all your support, comments, criticism and patience over this past almost year. It has meant so very much to me.

Well, enough with the sappy stuff. Here is the final chapter of The Body Under Guard. I will post an Epilogue on Sunday.

He stared at Brennan hoping that she understood what he was trying to convey to her.

Silva faced Booth fully and stepped closer, bringing his knife up from his side. "Too bad you won't live long enough to pay her back."

Quicker then Booth expected, Silva swung the knife in a backhanded curve towards his chest. Adrenaline and anger sent Booth surging forward catching his wrist in a vice grip and yanking it so that he faced away from from him the knife now pressed painfully into Silva's throat.

The surprise of Booth's escape didn't last long as Silva tried to use his unrestrained arm to free himself. But Booth's sheer size kept the control on his side, using his other hand to trap Silva's struggling arm behind his back.

"I warned you." Booth hissed through his teeth into Silva's ear.

Locking his grip on him, Booth looked to Brennan who was being held with an unsure attitude. The rogue FBI agents traded nervous glances not knowing how to proceed now that their boss was on the sharp end of a deadly weapon.

"Let her go." He didn't need to explain what would happen if they didn't.

Tension ran thick as they continued to just stand there. Booth knew that as ruthless and sadistic as Silva was, he was too egotistical to chance getting killed. He pressed the knife harder against his neck causing Silva's voice to catch in pain.

"Do it, or he dies."

Whether it was out of fear or pure arrogance Brennan would never have guessed, but just as she felt one agent's grip loosen, the other took out his weapon and pressed it solidly to the underside of her chin.

The cold metal on her skin sent horrified shivers down her spine. Her eyes searched for Booth's but they were focused solely on the armed agent. His gaze narrowed and hardened, irises deepening to look almost black.

"Why don't you let Benny go and I won't blow Dr.Brennan's pretty little head off."

"This isn't up for negotiation." He slipped the knife carefully across Silva's neck half an inch. Only just breaking the skin, but painful enough and bleeding enough to force Benny to speak up.

"God dammit let her GO! " He ordered.

"You heard him."

Ryan moved the barrel of the gun to Brennan's temple. Her heart beat so fast she missed what he said to her.

"Are you deaf....WALK!"

Startled, Brennan began to shuffle sideways, away from the men. Directed by Ryan's gun trained on her she got about 10 feet in separation.

"Gun down ass hole." Booth demanded.

He dropped the weapon to his side.

"Run Bones."

Their gazes finally met. She couldn't leave him here. Not by himself, not ever.

"RUN BONES!" He yelled.

"Booth." She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to sort through the conflicted emotions.

"Go now!" Her insides screaming to stay, her legs ran. She ran until she couldn't see any of the men.

She ran until a body burst out of nowhere and pulled her down behind a dumpster their hand clamped over her mouth muting the scream that ripped through her lungs.

Brennan twisted to punch her captor instead facing Liam. "It's me, Liam. Be quiet love."

Tears streaming down her face she hugged him fiercely. After a moment she pulled back and realized he was wearing an FBI bullet proof vest. Behind him she watched as FBI agents fanned out along the inside perimeter of the warehouse.

"Booth, he's down there. He's got Silva but there are two other men. Armed."

"Okay. It's okay, we'll get him. Stay here." He signaled Reggie who stood just outside a large delivery door to enter. "My sister will look after you."

"No. No, give me a gun, I'm going back."

Brennan tipped her chin up, her jaw locking. Staying where she was wasn't an option.

Liam nodded, knowing the look of someone who had their minds made up.

"Stay behind me."

"Haha. Looks like 3 against 1, those aren't very good odds Agent Booth." Silva laughed hysterically.

It didn't matter, he told himself. Brennan was out of harm's way. "Maybe for you."

Swiftly he lifted Silva's arm that was twisted behind his back, so that he fell to his knees, and tossed the knife from his throat straight at Ryan hitting him in the gut.

Ryan fell to the floor while his partner jumped back in terror.

Realizing Booth was weaponless Silva turned and punched him in the stomach causing him double over.

While Booth tried to regain his breath, Silva kicked him down to the floor. Just as he went to stomp on his head, Booth caught his foot twisting it and pushing it away from so that Silva lost his balance.

A larger man would have fallen to the ground, but Silva was fast and lighter then Booth. He recovered as Booth went to stand up.

Charging at him once again, Booth deflected by faking to the left.

"Not so handy without a knife or a gun are you." Silva spat, barreling his entire body at Booth, tackling him. They scuffled on the ground, throwing punch after punch.

Booth turned over, using his weight to keep Silva down, his hands sliding to his throat.

A loud pop that could only be a gunshot rang out behind Booth, something hit the ground with a thud. It distracted him enough to allow Silva to get free of his grasp and pin him down.

Suddenly two more shots burst and Silva shook oddly, his eyes rolling back, his body falling limply to Booth's side.

"Booth!" Brennan yelled, running out from behind Liam.

"Bones?" He called out, his breathing ragged from the struggle.

"I'm here!" And she was, dropping down to her knees by his side, pulling him away from Silva's lifeless body.

"I'm right here." She whispered in his ear, cradling his torso in her arms.

They clung to each other for a brief moment, before Brennan helped pull Booth to his feet.

Once he dared tear his eyes away from Brennan, Booth saw Ryan and his partner with a gun shot to his head on the ground.

"There dead Booth. It's over."

It was over. Again. Another life or death situation they had survived together. This time Booth wasn't going to let fear keep him from telling her exactly what she meant to him. Not like every time before when he was so close but pulled away.

He leaned down, level with her and cupped both sides of her tear streaked face. She laid her hands on each side of his neck, rivulets of salt water still streaming down her cheeks, relief and so much more flooding her.

"I love you Temperance. I love you so much." His eyes glazed over as hot tears stung the sides.

"I shouldn't have left you."

"But you came back." He assured her. "You came back."

"I love you Seeley."

He rested his forehead on hers. Their gazes locked as they closed the space between them. As agent swarmed around, securing weapons and checking the bodies, the only thing Booth and Brennan could see was all the times before when they had stood in this exact spot. Stopping just before either crossed a line that never truly existed between them.

Drawing closer they smiled as their lips hovered over one another, until like always, they met in the center and held.
L_BionicWoman
L_BionicWoman
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Loved it, every bit of it, though I would have loved Booth snapping Silva's neck...ah heck, the ending was great as it was! It's been a great story from word one and I can't wait for the epilogue.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffers18 Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:34 am

OMG, i am so sad! Can't believe it's the end, though i look forward to the epilogue.

Such an amazing story!!!
Laffers18
Laffers18
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next