Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6 E1 "The Mastadon in the Room" Sides

+27
Minna
MI_Bonesgirl
recoveringbonesaddict
dawnsfire
jro54
bones_fanatic19
katharine
treble21
DONEWITHIT
joybrennan
Beliskner
future_anthro
tinkrella
crzy4bones
SJB
jjrobinson73
jhi1005
NatesMama
MoonlightGardenias
mereva
elyon
gordongordonfan
andreana22
heirofloki
Brain&Heart
bailey
dreamerktm411
31 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

S6 E1 "The Mastadon in the Room" Sides - Page 6 Empty Re: S6 E1 "The Mastadon in the Room" Sides

Post by elyon Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:53 am

I've been in a mad at Brennan mood since she so happily consigned Booth to the battlefield so she wouldn't have to feel guilty about going to Maluku and after telling Angela how she worried about his safety. Nightmares during the last GD episode, terrible anxiety about his safety and 'oh, have a nice time on the battlefield; try not to get hurt.' That has made me mad for the last two months. That and the exploitation of Parker.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

S6 E1 "The Mastadon in the Room" Sides - Page 6 Empty Re: S6 E1 "The Mastadon in the Room" Sides

Post by joybrennan Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:16 am

crzy4bones wrote:A couple of things I've found interesting about the sides...1) the fact that Daisy didn't know they had a phone...which makes me think that Brennan has NOT kept in touch with Booth otherwise Daisy would have known about the phone. 2) what the hell is Booth doing with his cellphone in the middle of a jungle...let alone with the RINGER ON. LOL! Pretty ineffective method if he's trying to sneak up on someone. 3) The last episode of S5 made it sound like he was going to Afghanistan to train AMERICAN soldiers...but it appears that he's actually training AFGHAN soldiers, which I guess explains the questions some of us had as to why he had to go to Afghanistan rather than Ft. Benning. 4) Booth will FREAK when he finds out that Brennan had to fight off Guerillas....

I don't know...if she and Booth were calling each other, I would think Brennan would work REALLY hard to make sure Daisy didn't know. She'd never hear the end of it! Laughing

As for the rest of it, yeah. Sounds like Brennan has gotten her kick-ass self back, which is GOOD. The ringer on in the jungle scratch - not to mention, how do they get such great cell service in the middle of nowhere! Jungles, warzones...I mean the cell service in MY bedroom is spotty! Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Minna Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:22 am

they must not have the IPhone 4 if they get such good reception when they are actually holding the device

Somehow their seven month stints must play into S6 plots in some meaningful way, not just to provide backdrops for the Caroline's catalyzing phone call to come home

Also if it's 7 mos then there will be no Hodgela baby in a crib yet but maybe on the way

Minna

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:39 am

joybrennan wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:A couple of things I've found interesting about the sides...1) the fact that Daisy didn't know they had a phone...which makes me think that Brennan has NOT kept in touch with Booth otherwise Daisy would have known about the phone. 2) what the hell is Booth doing with his cellphone in the middle of a jungle...let alone with the RINGER ON. LOL! Pretty ineffective method if he's trying to sneak up on someone. 3) The last episode of S5 made it sound like he was going to Afghanistan to train AMERICAN soldiers...but it appears that he's actually training AFGHAN soldiers, which I guess explains the questions some of us had as to why he had to go to Afghanistan rather than Ft. Benning. 4) Booth will FREAK when he finds out that Brennan had to fight off Guerillas....

I don't know...if she and Booth were calling each other, I would think Brennan would work REALLY hard to make sure Daisy didn't know. She'd never hear the end of it! Laughing

As for the rest of it, yeah. Sounds like Brennan has gotten her kick-ass self back, which is GOOD. The ringer on in the jungle scratch - not to mention, how do they get such great cell service in the middle of nowhere! Jungles, warzones...I mean the cell service in MY bedroom is spotty! Laughing

at least they explain that Brennan's is a satellite phone.... totally agree about the Booth thing though.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:48 am

Minna wrote:they must not have the IPhone 4 if they get such good reception when they are actually holding the device

Somehow their seven month stints must play into S6 plots in some meaningful way, not just to provide backdrops for the Caroline's catalyzing phone call to come home

Also if it's 7 mos then there will be no Hodgela baby in a crib yet but maybe on the way

yeah...7 months does seem pretty random....the only thing I can think of is that, if they still plan on the coffee cart meeting after 1 year, that would put it in Feb during sweeps and maybe that's when Brennan finally confesses her feelings...but that's just a guess...maybe 7 months mean actually nothing...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 am

Minna wrote:

Somehow their seven month stints must play into S6 plots in some meaningful way, not just to provide backdrops for the Caroline's catalyzing phone call to come home.

Otherwise the whole end of the season was an entire waste of everyone's time, like the introduction of Catherine, Hacker and apparently Cam's doctor who hasn't been mentioned since The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle. There has to be some sort of throughline at least with the Maluku/Afghanistan plots or why go there?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Minna Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:16 am

I wrote up a whole story which I somehow lost on my computer. I guess I am now writing fanfiction (scary).

But it involved Booth figuring out that his superiors were involved in the opium trade, including higher ups in the Pentagon and State Department and even an insider at the Jeffersonian, and Booth saw a bunch of stuff he shouldn't have when in Afghanistan. When he got back to D.C. there were some drug related killings, some involving Mexican drug lords who wanted to control that part of the trade, and Booth was set up as the killer while also being blackmailed. He was framed so effectively with planted DNA (etc) left at the scenes, that the squintsquad concluded it was him. Even though all the evidence pointed to him, and that's what Brennan trusts -- forensic evidence -- she didn't buy it, she couldn't because she had faith in Booth, and knew he couldn't have done it, even with his anger management issues since returning from the warzone. Then someone, let it be Angela because she is an unacknowledged genius too, finds the one micro-clue that tips the investigation back, and those truly responsible are identified. I thought this would be a good set up for B&B finally getting together -- Brennan is the only one who sticks with Booth.

But Maluku makes less sense to me than Afghanistan as a plot stimulator. The islands, also known as the Spice Islands, were more a transatlantic trading hub, no big hidden civilizations like in Peru or Mexico, no neanderthals, no missing link fossils to show the evolutionary links between humans and earlier hominids. Maybe something about migratory and population patterns way back when, like Polynesia or something. Plus anyone who knows about the region knows it's been a hotspot for Christian-Muslim guerrilla warfare for the past ten years . . . So why they chose that remains a mystery to me, I'd go instead for Egypt with all the neato discoveries and DNA and radiological testing.

So you all see why I don't get much work done anymore, I think about this stuff too much!

Minna

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 am

Minna: Here is the link about homo floresiensis in Indonesia. Brennan went to examine a skeleton that was possibly an interbreeding of homo floresiensis and homo sapiens.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Minna Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:35 am

Neat, our ancestors might really have been hobbits, that makes more sense then, thanks Elyon

Minna

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:36 am

elyon wrote:
Minna wrote:

Somehow their seven month stints must play into S6 plots in some meaningful way, not just to provide backdrops for the Caroline's catalyzing phone call to come home.

Otherwise the whole end of the season was an entire waste of everyone's time, like the introduction of Catherine, Hacker and apparently Cam's doctor who hasn't been mentioned since The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle. There has to be some sort of throughline at least with the Maluku/Afghanistan plots or why go there?

This is what isn't making sense to me. I get the Maluku thing for Brennan-I didn't like it, but it's at least believable. Everything else from the 100th on has me scratch
Now we have this. Backtracking the story that should have been told in the finale. I'm not getting it. The season premier sounds fine since there is no mention of the SO, and no Hodgela baby. But the 7 month thing has me confused. I really think Hart was just preoccupied with the other show he was trying to get off the ground and Bones got pushed to the side. Other than the Gravedigger trial, the end of last season was completely pointless. Especially if there is no forward movement on Brennan's feelings for Booth.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 am

I think a lot depends on what happens in the first part of season 6. Hart assured people that all the little things like the clocks, tower of wings, etc. had meaning, what he called Easter eggs or timebombs (didn't like the timebombs reference!) So if that is true, then the big things must have meaning in his scheme of things as well but from our present perspective it's hard to reason it out. At this point the single thing I want to see and hear is the total shattering of Brennan's glass capsule.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:46 am

elyon wrote:I think a lot depends on what happens in the first part of season 6. Hart assured people that all the little things like the clocks, tower of wings, etc. had meaning, what he called Easter eggs or timebombs (didn't like the timebombs reference!) So if that is true, then the big things must have meaning in his scheme of things as well but from our present perspective it's hard to reason it out. At this point the single thing I want to see and hear is the total shattering of Brennan's glass capsule.

Me too. I still think we are still seeing echos from the S4 finale. And just like that I'm sure everything will eventually make sense..
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Minna Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:47 am

Yes, like what does 4:43 mean? has anyone figure that out?

Minna

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:53 am

To quote Brennan: Not enough data yet to form a demonstrable conclusion.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:42 am

I'm patiently waiting for the clock to make sense. And the random chicken wing tower. WTF?
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Minna Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 am

I've thought about 4:43 (DDC translated into letters, doesn't make sense). According to some funky bible wheel I found supposedly it means:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I guess we'll just keep guessing.

Minna

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:29 am

I think if Brennan were talking to Booth on her phone, she wouldn't tell Daisy because she wouldn't hear the end of it, but I do think it's a stretch to believe that Booth would be talking to Brennan in a middle of a war zone. These two have been eating out of each others pockets for 5 years and are in love with each other, so I'm sure they would at least email each other a couple times.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:37 am

This would all be in a real world situation. I certainly hope that Hart addresses the issue and doesn't just let it hang. They have to say something when they first see each other that would indicate whether or not they've been communicating for the past 7 months but honestly it would be so totally unbelievable if they hadn't had any communication. Especially since Hart seems to think from the sides that Caroline in DC can just pick up a cell phone and talk to the jungles of Indonesia and the battlefields of Afghanistan.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:52 am

To me, it wouldnt be all that unrealistic if there was no communication between B&B. Was there communication last year when she ran away to Guatemala to dig up aztecs while Booth was recovering from a brain tumor??
This year, he is in a war zone and she is in the jungles of Indonesia...I'm sure there was some sort of agreement that they would be notified if the other was in danger or injured, but aside fromt hatm Brennan left to get perspective on things, it really wouldn't surprise me either way if there was communication or not, we'll just have to wait and see how they write it
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:02 am

I found it completely unrealistic that brennan peaced out to guatamala and didn't talk to booth for six weeks last season....so I wouldn't put it past them to say they haven't spoken. It seems they both have ways to communicate....so I'd be interested to know how they handle that. If booth had time to hook up/date (whatever goes down) with the journalist he surely could have called brennan without it being too much of a problem.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:11 am

tinkrella wrote:I found it completely unrealistic that brennan peaced out to guatamala and didn't talk to booth for six weeks last season....so I wouldn't put it past them to say they haven't spoken. It seems they both have ways to communicate....so I'd be interested to know how they handle that. If booth had time to hook up/date (whatever goes down) with the journalist he surely could have called brennan without it being too much of a problem.

That was exactly my point. Recovery from a brain tumor is pretty major..But she freaked because she wrote that story and perhaps revealed a little too much to herself about her true feelings, then to find out Booth had that coma dream where they were married-Brennan did what Brennan does best. Get the hell outta Dodge. That is getting really old.
Only this time, she ran away to get perspective, and sent Booth away to a war zone. I can justify a lack of communication this time around more that I could last time. And if Booth hooked up with a journalist, that leads me to think there was minimal communication at most between them. IMO if they were in regular communication, a sense of hope might be there for one or both of them. Lack of communication, or minimal communication would make it easier for Booth to try to move on.
Another scenario is they have been in contact regularly and Brennan knows all about the journalist. And she's completely ok with that. Rolling Eyes
Who knows, we;ll just have to wait and see how they write it in.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am

Ugh! Can we please not talk about the journalist anymore!!! I know it's going to happen and I am prepared for it. Booth will "try" to move on and SO will be "temporary." but it's going to be so hard to watch because B&B are still going to have their "I love you, but I just can't say it" longing looks instead having their fun, delightful chemistry back. Sad I just can't even go on here anymore because all everyone talks about in their posts in that da*n journalist and I get that image in my head.

I'm okay with Booth coming home with a SO, just as long as we get strong, interesting cases and a the natural chemistry between B&B back. But I know that can't possibly happen because Booth can't just be totally happy with the journalist and still flirt with Brennan. They already open "the can of worms" in the 100th, so the only solution to this arch is for B&B to get together. So instead Booth is going to come back and the journalist will follow him home, I guess they will try to make their relationship work, but we all know deep down, Booth will still be in love with Brennan. I just picture them having a "drink after case" at the FF where they have one of their longing "I love you, but I just can't say it" moments where you just want to throw the remote at the TV...and then she sends home to the journalist. But I guess it's a good thing because I don't think anyone wants to see Booth move on, but it's just so hard to watch. And now I'm starting to get angry. Mad

jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 am

I've been thinking over the clock. Perhaps it's not the numbers that are the meaning. Not literally I mean. Perhaps it's just the clock itself. Like, the clock was flashing those numbers in the "coma/dream" and it flashed again at the end of the season just to give us a bit of hope that those events or parts of them will show up eventually. The do you love me stuff IMO is still one of the most important lines of that season...even if it was in a coma dream.

I don't think the chicken wings mean anything at all. I think it was just an easter egg shout out.

On the topic of clocks....in the x-files the clocks were often stuck on the same numbers (i believe it was 10:13) because that was the creator's wife's birthday.

I know we should have an entire thread just for the clock talk, and I'm sorry to keep bringing it up, but I still wonder why it flashed from regular to military time. The only answer that keeps popping up is that that is the start of the dream because who knows, "booth" in his dream may have been a military man and always gone by that time. Also, in hospitals they use military time because it's universal and more accurate. (so says my nurse mom) lol

getting back on point....perhaps booth and brennan don't talk at all and that is what sort of pushes him to rebound with the journalist. You know that whole "out of sight out of mind thing" Yet, they keep phones on them for emergencies. The second booth gets back into DC with brennan it all comes flooding back and he realizes there is no getting over her.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:18 am

Yeah, I feel like as much as some hated the s4 finale it'll become important as the show comes to a close for the last time. I don't know that BB will actually be married of course because that could take years of convincing to do but I think the point was to show that they will indeed bet together at some point. That's what Booth wants and whether she admits it to herself or not, it's what Brennan wants to.

But she's also incredibly literal. In her mind and also because she's too scared I'm thinking she won't fight for Booth but encourage him to see the other woman. At least at first. It's not like we won't see those longing glances or get little to no flirtation, but it's clear something has shifted here. Once the SO leaves and that's solved I don't expect them to just jump on each other but it would be nice if they didn't drag that out.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:27 am

I agree. I think brennan's heart is screaming with her mind. Her mind is telling her that she doesn't deserve him...that she can't give him what he wants so naturally, he should be happy. After all, we WANT the ones we love to be happy even if it's without us. But, that still hurts....like a bitch and she's discovering that. She wouldn't have kept bringing up catherine if it didn't bother her. Funny thing is, she's more of a normal girl than she realizes.

I don't expect them to jump into each other's arms at the end of the s/o thing either. Let's be honest....if 7 months away didn't make them do that, a silly s/o wont. I think it will take something bigger....like a serial killer going after them and one of their own. Some of our best BB moments were in life or death circumstances and I imagine it would be even more raw this time around.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next