Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show discussion epidsode 1 season 6 The Mastadon in the room - Spoilers allowed.

+5
the beaver1965
crzy4bones
mommahurley
treble21
kat0505
9 posters

Go down

Show discussion  epidsode 1 season 6 The Mastadon in the room - Spoilers allowed. Empty Show discussion epidsode 1 season 6 The Mastadon in the room - Spoilers allowed.

Post by kat0505 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:38 pm

I don't know what you all thought but I really liked it, enjoyed it.

It's nice to see how they all return although Booth in Afghanistan wasn't really the most logic one. All of a sudden he's missing Parker??? He could have guessed that 7 months earlier that he would miss his kid.

I did love the B&B reunion, the hug and the look on Booth's face when she hugged him. And deffinetely the look on her face when he told her how serious Hannah was to him.

Too bad the talk with Angela didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be; I was hoping for Brennan to say something more specific about her feelings. But maybe it's just too soon. I loved the "sisterhood" and for Angela already telling Brennan about her skipping a period.

Then Cam really told Brennan what made the group fall apart there. I hope Cam will be the one telling Booth just who he belongs to and how Brennan feels about him. Because it looks like they both listen to her.

One thing; I don't like Daisy. She's the one that helped Brennan in her decision in going to Maluku and now it looks like she's blaming Brennan for it.

Then in the end; the mammoth standing in front of them is probably the "Mastodon" what they are referring to but I also feel that there has to be a double meaning. Like an obstacle in their way they need to conquer first before finding each other.

I hope to read other opinions, positive or negative.

kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Show discussion  epidsode 1 season 6 The Mastadon in the room - Spoilers allowed. Empty Re: Show discussion epidsode 1 season 6 The Mastadon in the room - Spoilers allowed.

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:01 am

Ok so there is the regular show discussion thread which the episode can be discussed in, but being that thread is spoiler free and there are implications for spoilers, Hannah etc. this thread is for any discussion related to the episode including spoilers.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Show discussion  epidsode 1 season 6 The Mastadon in the room - Spoilers allowed. Empty Re: Show discussion epidsode 1 season 6 The Mastadon in the room - Spoilers allowed.

Post by mommahurley Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:16 am

I really liked it too. Hodgela was so cute...Jack almost cried. lol loved that. Loved their reunion... wasn't crazy about the way Booth kept being kind of smug about Hannah with other people. But I guess he's just really trying to convice himself he's happy. I saw the look on his face3 when he's around Bones, and he's so not over her...he's trying to be...but clearly his is not. When you need to gage someone's reaction when you tell them about your new girlfriend, you clearly want to score a direct hit...which means you still care. Should be interesting. Brennan is going to try to be supportive...but yes, you can tell it's not easy. It's all cover up. Very telling.

Loved Caroline...favorite part...Bones wanting to hug her!!! lol. too funny.

Yes the Mastodon in the room is clearly a double entandre....the Mastodon is their relationship..and what has happened to it...and what will happen to it...and what they did to eachother by running away. Bit ole fat Mastadon that will have to one day be eradicated by talking about it, or just grabbing eachother for a "throw down"./

Sweets, being strong...I loved that! Wendell fixing busses...can you say...HOT?

So good to have them all back home where they belong...I don't even want to talk about how stupid it was or how illogical their leaving was...just glad to have them home...turn the page....

Welcome back Guys!!!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:35 am

I won't repeat what I said in the other discussion thread but I want to add something to my thoughts....I've watched it a few more times and something struck me about the scenes between Caroline and Brennan. It had seemed over the last few seasons that Caroline had really grown to like Brennan, but then in this episode, she was kinda...cold to her again. I thought she was kinda being Mama Bear to Booth. You could always tell that she had a fondness for Booth from the very first time she was on....and she's always seen right through him in regards to how he feels for Brennan, so, no doubt she knows that something bad went down between Booth and Brennan and I think she's kinda mad at Brennan for hurting Booth. I laughed when Brennan wanted to hug her and she backed away...LOL...and then when Booth came back and said "What'd you do?" HAHA!

It's going to be interesting to watch Booth handle having both Brennan and Hannah in the same place at the same time....and how he reacts to the "bonding" that they've been talking about in spoilers.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:17 am

Patrica Belcher IS THE BOMB!!! Caroline Julian is an amazing character portrayed beautifully by PB. I JUST LOVE HER TO BITS.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by clair82 Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:18 am

Did anyone else pick up on the fact that Brennan is now calling Wendall and Daisy by their first names, instead of Mr Bray and Miss Wick? Has she ever done that before?

clair82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Say What You Want : Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it...
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:38 am

clair82 wrote:Did anyone else pick up on the fact that Brennan is now calling Wendall and Daisy by their first names, instead of Mr Bray and Miss Wick? Has she ever done that before?

I hadn't really noticed that....and never really paid attention to it before either....hmmmmm

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue_Ink Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:55 am

It was fair. I liked it fine, but parts could have been done better, and the cases seemed rushed. That being said...

I loved it when Cam called Brennan out on leaving. I mean, someone had to, and I'm glad it was Cam. She's so underused. TJ and Micheala deserve to get double pay for this episode, definitely one of my favorites between them, though they didn't show the Paris scenes! *sigh*

Wendel. In an undershirt. Yeah. I'm glad they chose him as our permanent squintern, he's definitely the most suitable. Though I'll miss Fischer and VNM (Jeoprady, haha) a lot. Sweets and Daisy... I loved how she kept the ring for 7 months and the elevator kiss was classic. Everything else, well, I was a bit bored. Except for maybe that Booth and Sweets scene.

On to Booth. We got to see fighter Booth, which was amazing. And he an Parker melted my little heart, though I expected Brennan to come marching in and squint talk them to death. Also, did Booth seem a bit bitter to anyone else? He totally bated Brennan with the "Did you meet anyone special?" comment, which was so unlike him I choked on my pie. Pair that with his need to tell Sweets to move on and I get a bitter vibe. And he was all about the partnership when Brennan was almost considering leaving. It's all work-work-work. He better be careful or he'll turn into Brennan.

Booth and Brennan switched roles in this episode. She was as in touch as she gets, which makes me wonder what those native Indonesian people put in their Bhang. The sister thing with Angela was adorable The almost-but-not-quite-touching Caroling "I have an urge to hug you." thing was bordering on OOC.

The reunion was anti-climactic. For a show that produced the heartbreaking ending scenes of Parts in the Sum of the Whole and Beginning in the End, I was dissapointed. It was average. David and Emily's acting was the only thing that stopped it from being horrible. I didn't like the writing or feel of the scene at all. puke

The cases were forgettable but interesting at the same time. The kidnapper capture flashed me back to Critic when she tried to handle that womans child to show Booth she would be a good mother to his child (I'm still in shock.).

Overall, it was okay, and I'm REALLY REALLY glad Bones is back. cheers

Blue_Ink
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:45 pm

clair82 wrote:Did anyone else pick up on the fact that Brennan is now calling Wendall and Daisy by their first names, instead of Mr Bray and Miss Wick? Has she ever done that before?

yeah I think she started near the end of last season ( at least when referring to them, I think to their faces she still called them by Mr. Bray and Miss Wick)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:34 pm

I didn't catch the whole 'first name' thing. I'll have to catch it in my next viewing! :-) I think it's just another side to her 'thawing' and I think it's awesome.

This may be a petty point, but one thing I didn't like was the 'look' they gave Brennan for most of the epi. Especially when she 1st appears on camera w/ Daisy and when she is first getting back and has reunion w/ Booth. I don't care if it was 'realistic' for her to be looking like that based on her circumstances... (cause let's face it, how realistic is it that Cam autopsy's bodies in zip up, skin tight sexy dresses w/ 3 inch heels?) I love the natural eco-warrier look, but this went more into "hobo, worn out, I slept in this for 2 weeks" for me. Can't we have the sexy yet "tough" clothes of earlier seasons?

It's not about the actual clothes here, it's that this image they are giving Brennan has to stop! I want to say "who IS this woman" cause she's not Bones... She is not a matronly 'Mom" on this show... and I don't want to see other 'young things' get all the sex appeal and Bones look like a 'guest lecturer' all the time. *sigh* Cause ED is beautiful... why can't they showcase it? It's only 1 show in, so I'll try to be optimistic! (Just worried cause the various color button ups in some previews don't inspire much confidence either)....
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:00 am

gordongordonfan wrote:
This may be a petty point, but one thing I didn't like was the 'look' they gave Brennan for most of the epi. Especially when she 1st appears on camera w/ Daisy and when she is first getting back and has reunion w/ Booth. I don't care if it was 'realistic' for her to be looking like that based on her circumstances... (cause let's face it, how realistic is it that Cam autopsy's bodies in zip up, skin tight sexy dresses w/ 3 inch heels?) I love the natural eco-warrier look, but this went more into "hobo, worn out, I slept in this for 2 weeks" for me. Can't we have the sexy yet "tough" clothes of earlier seasons?

It's not about the actual clothes here, it's that this image they are giving Brennan has to stop! I want to say "who IS this woman" cause she's not Bones... She is not a matronly 'Mom" on this show... and I don't want to see other 'young things' get all the sex appeal and Bones look like a 'guest lecturer' all the time. *sigh* Cause ED is beautiful... why can't they showcase it? It's only 1 show in, so I'll try to be optimistic! (Just worried cause the various color button ups in some previews don't inspire much confidence either)....

It's not petty, I agree with you, they are actually making Emily look dowdy and matronly increasingly on this show, I've lost count of the number of trench coats that woman must have in her wardrobe and she's starting to wear these shapeless blouses and tops and it makes her look about far older than she is. Hannah looks like this glamour model out of shampoo add and Bones is looking like her matronly sister or mother. She looked amazing in the first few series, sometimes absolutely stunning and glowing.

Whoever is doing her wardrobe at the moment should be shot for crimes against fashion.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down