Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

+30
thatgirl61
empiricist
crzy4bones
bonesparticulat
the beaver1965
a_rangergrl2
THX1138
DONEWITHIT
mereva
ReginaPhalange
DoctorB
dawnsfire
Lo
mommahurley
19ana89
puckishbearscubsfan
kat0505
Chocolate Chip
HermioneGirl101
tinkrella
joybrennan
katharine
RubyRuby
treble21
andreana22
bailey
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
Evil Monkey
elyon
34 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty" - Page 10 Empty Re: S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:57 am

elyon wrote:Instead of Brennan looking at her own life by solving a case that reminds her of herself, it would be so much more interesting to have her realize what her life would have been if she had never met Booth. She'd probably still be at the Jeff working with Zach on Neolithic skeletons. She'd have no family because she would never have reconciled with Max and Russ. Angela and Hodgins would probably be together as would Cam, Michelle and Cam's doctor. Basically Brennan would have no life because all of the opportunities she's had to grow for the last 5-6 years were given to her 'courtesy of Agent Booth'.

That could happen. The victim could be just like Brennan (age, intelligence, no boyfriend, fiance or Bff/partner) and she could realize what her life has become and make her appreciate Booth so much more. I still believe that "solving her own murder" will make the screws in her head turn...because I don't have an evidence do disprove my theory.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty" - Page 10 Empty Re: S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:08 am

elyon wrote:Instead of Brennan looking at her own life by solving a case that reminds her of herself, it would be so much more interesting to have her realize what her life would have been if she had never met Booth. She'd probably still be at the Jeff working with Zach on Neolithic skeletons. She'd have no family because she would never have reconciled with Max and Russ. Angela and Hodgins would probably be together as would Cam, Michelle and Cam's doctor. Basically Brennan would have no life because all of the opportunities she's had to grow for the last 5-6 years were given to her 'courtesy of Agent Booth'.

Hmmm this would make an awesome Christmas episode..... yeah it's been done a thousand times, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 am

treble21 wrote:

Hmmm this would make an awesome Christmas episode..... yeah it's been done a thousand times, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it LOL

Quick someone write FOX and tell them that's exactly what we want - "It's a Wonderful Life " episode. Where Brennan sees what life would really be like without the opportunities that friends, family, and loved ones bring into your life. Unlike her comment in TBWA - where she says that her relationships have interferred with her objectivity to do her job.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirl61 Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:06 am

At the end of Death and the Queen Bee Brennan says at FF that it was good to go back and how lucky she is now that she is with all her friends.Maybe that episode tells a little of how she will feel after trying to solve this case.

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 am

Brennan seems to be quite articulate when it suits the writers' needs. In the first season in, I think it was, 'The Woman in the Van' when the 8-year-old is kidnapped, she looked at a video of the father teaching the son to ride a bike and analyzed the emotions each of them was feeling quite precisely.

This is one thing that is so annoying with the writing over the last five years -- that Brennan is clear and verbally articulate in one episode and then sounds like an android on steroids a couple of episodes later. For instance, when she tells Booth in the Halloween episode how sorry she is that he had to shoot someone -- 'I know you hate that.' Then we get to last season's finale and she doesn't seem to have a clue how he's feeling even though he keeps trying to tell her he doesn't want to go back into the army.

And it sounds like they plan to regress her even further in the first part of next season which would be a big mistake -- but not their first.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:01 am

elyon wrote:Brennan seems to be quite articulate when it suits the writers' needs. In the first season in, I think it was, 'The Woman in the Van' when the 8-year-old is kidnapped, she looked at a video of the father teaching the son to ride a bike and analyzed the emotions each of them was feeling quite precisely.

This is one thing that is so annoying with the writing over the last five years -- that Brennan is clear and verbally articulate in one episode and then sounds like an android on steroids a couple of episodes later. For instance, when she tells Booth in the Halloween episode how sorry she is that he had to shoot someone -- 'I know you hate that.' Then we get to last season's finale and she doesn't seem to have a clue how he's feeling even though he keeps trying to tell her he doesn't want to go back into the army.

I agree that there are some weird stuff that way. On the army thing, though IMO I think she may have read him right. (I know we don't agree on this one - just giving a different take on things. Booth didn't want to go - and her first reaction to the idea of him going was almost horror. However, I think Booth also felt that he should go - and was angry (rightfully so) to be put in a position where he's told lives would be lost without his help. Booth believes in DUTY. Parker - in that horrible scene - basically repeating the kind of thinking he's heard from his dad his entire life. If Brennan hadn't been going away, the kind of man Booth is, I think he still would have gone. Brennan knows about how deep Booth's loyalty and sense of duty to his country goes. She LIED about her findings on the "Kennedy" case because she saw what Cam said was true - if Booth's belief in his countries motives being always for good, it would have destroyed him. When you know someone will do something whether you like it or not, you support them. She learned that from Booth when Zach went over. It seems to me Brennan treats the situation in the same way. She never tells Booth he should go, but in her owns way she says that she understands if he does.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 am

We will agree to disagree on the military and Booth's underlying motivation. But I do disagree that Brennan lied about the Kennedy thing. She told him the exact truth but didn't qualify it with any possible exceptions to that truth, the one Cam added, which could have changed the results.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 am

elyon wrote:We will agree to disagree on the military and Booth's underlying motivation. But I do disagree that Brennan lied about the Kennedy thing. She told him the exact truth but didn't qualify it with any possible exceptions to that truth, the one Cam added, which could have changed the results.
LOL! Brennant already KNEW what Cam added, as well as the history behind Kennedy that made that it highly probable that the body WAS Kennedy. That's why Cam tells Brennan she's a good person, because they both knew that Brennan gave the least likely scenario, the one that under other circumstances she would have tossed away.

Also, I will say I know NOTHING about the real military and those circumstances. If it seems like I think I do, I apologize. I always feel sad about the whole war thing. I definetely wouldn't claim to be bringing that kind of insight into things. I'm just going by what Booth has said and done on screen, the way it seems to me they have written him. I mean, I can't imagine a situation like this happening in real life. I wouldn't think any of the stuff said or done about the military was accurate. After all, they had Brennan identifying bodies at Waco at 17. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 pm

I agree with elyon...there is NO WAY Booth wants to go back into the military. I don't think it's a matter of she read him wrong, I think she projected her desire to leave onto him and hoped that he wanted to go back into the Army to assuge her guilt about bailing on him. Booth was practically begging anyone and everyone to ask him to stay. If just ONE person had asked him to stay, he doesn't go. If Brennan doesn't go to Maluku, or Parker cries because Daddy is leaving for a year, or even if Caroline tells him that he's essential to her and the FBI, Booth doesn't leave.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:22 pm

elyon wrote:Brennan seems to be quite articulate when it suits the writers' needs. In the first season in, I think it was, 'The Woman in the Van' when the 8-year-old is kidnapped, she looked at a video of the father teaching the son to ride a bike and analyzed the emotions each of them was feeling quite precisely.

And it sounds like they plan to regress her even further in the first part of next season which would be a big mistake -- but not their first.

Don't know if you read HH tweet posts, I check them every so often. Just to be nosey. But he has been hit up the last few days with people asking him about Brennan having aperengers (I know I spelled that wrong).
He says no, she doesn't. I know we have all talked about that on here before, but what you say adds to why people ask him that question. I guess others are thinking or wondering why she says some of the things she does.
Oh, please don't get me started - I'll become a Brennan hater again. I tip back into that scenario too often of late.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:40 pm

katharine wrote:

Don't know if you read HH tweet posts, I check them every so often. Just to be nosey. But he has been hit up the last few days with people asking him about Brennan having aperengers (I know I spelled that wrong).
He says no, she doesn't. I know we have all talked about that on here before, but what you say adds to why people ask him that question. I guess others are thinking or wondering why she s.ays some of the things she does.
Oh, please don't get me started - I'll become a Brennan hater again. I tip back into that scenario too often of late.

He's addressed this before. The character has been based on a person with Asperger's - but he doesn't say that Brennan has asperger's because then every advocacy group would be writing him AND criticing his portrayal. However, Emily is on record saying that what they came up with was that Brennan has some form of Asperger's. So...the short answer HH gives is correct. Brennan as a character has never been diagnosised with asperger's. The long answer...(which I think I just gave Very Happy) is yes, she does.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 pm

katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:

Quick someone write FOX and tell them that's exactly what we want - "It's a Wonderful Life " episode. Where Brennan sees what life would really be like without the opportunities that friends, family, and loved ones bring into your life. Unlike her comment in TBWA - where she says that her relationships have interferred with her objectivity to do her job.
Please, please, please--no "Wonderful Life"-based episode! Please, I'm on my knees here! NOOOOO! No, no, no, no...! Crying or Very sad Mad

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 pm

I'm with JoyBrennan on this one....I don't think that Brennan "sent" him to Afghnistan-I don't think she even wanted him to go. His call of duty "sent" him. She never even gives him a reason on why he should go. She just says she understands if he does go because she knows that he's just that type of guy. He believes in duty. Even if Brennan hadn't gone to Maluku and even if he didn't want to go, I still think Booth would have gone.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 pm

[quote="dawnsfire"][quote="katharine"]
treble21 wrote:

Please, please, please--no "Wonderful Life"-based episode! Please, I'm on my knees here! NOOOOO! No, no, no, no...! Crying or Very sad Mad

queen
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Okay,,,,had to get that out. Now...

@ mi lady. Perhaps thou prefereth "A Christmas Carol" by Master Charles Dickens?"

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:32 pm

[quote="joybrennan"][quote="dawnsfire"]
katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:

queen

@ mi lady. Perhaps thou prefereth "A Christmas Carol" by Master Charles Dickens?"

Actually, no. That's been done & overdone , too. Probably more often, since it's a lot older.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:51 pm

[quote="dawnsfire"][quote="joybrennan"]
dawnsfire wrote:
katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:

queen

Actually, no. That's been done & overdone , too. Probably more often, since it's a lot older.

queen

Thy reply 'tis as expected, mi lady. For thou'st be a queen and must by nature be much concerned with upholding quality viewing in thy realm. Thy concern for thou subjects entertainment leaves I, thou humble servant, in awe at thy kindness.

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:54 pm

joybrennan wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:
katharine wrote:
treble21 wrote:

queen

lol! Good one minion! Personally I think our Queen needs her inner grinch spanked, and I'm just the Santa to do it. Ho. Ho. Ho, baby heybaby

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] RM

On Dasher, On Dancer, On Comet and Vixen, On Sunny, On Ling Ling, On Cinnamon and Strawberry Lust... I know, I know, not you're usual sleigh load out but there's a strike and half the reindeer wouldn't cross the picket line and thankfully the local strip club just happens to have shut down for fumigation...
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 pm

treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:Brennan might be a little envious and jealous because she wants what Hannah has, but still she's probably not going to show it like many people want to her to. She's not going to act like a prissy high school girl whose ex-boyfriend is dating her rival. She will probably handle it like an mature thirty-five year old.

Does anyone disagree with this? I don't think anyone really thinks that Brennan is gonna get into a catfight with Hannah, or try to sabatoge the Booth/Hannah relationship ( I'm sure there are those that would like to see it, but I don't think they truly believe it will happen).
The point I was making was that she can still be jealous and not act like a child.
I think she will do some intrinsically spiteful things. We have seen her do things like that before.

Regarding the point about how it will be out of character for Brennan to act as a 5yearold. Well, we have seen how characters can change to suit the writers' needs, so I am pretty scared it will happen this way!

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:06 am

tinge1990 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:Brennan might be a little envious and jealous because she wants what Hannah has, but still she's probably not going to show it like many people want to her to. She's not going to act like a prissy high school girl whose ex-boyfriend is dating her rival. She will probably handle it like an mature thirty-five year old.

Does anyone disagree with this? I don't think anyone really thinks that Brennan is gonna get into a catfight with Hannah, or try to sabatoge the Booth/Hannah relationship ( I'm sure there are those that would like to see it, but I don't think they truly believe it will happen).
The point I was making was that she can still be jealous and not act like a child.
think she? will do some intrinsically spiteful things. We have seen her do things like that before.

Regarding the point about how it will be out of character for Brennan to act as a 5yearold. Well, we have seen how characters can change to suit the writers' needs, so I am pretty scared it will
happen this way!
Basketball

Intrinstically spiteful...you mean like avoiding Booth after the whole Hodgela almost wedding and Zach going to Afghanistan? confused
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 am

Also insisting on telling Sweets that Daisy was cheating on him in that 'I told you psychology was useless' way.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:39 am

joybrennan wrote:
tinge1990 wrote:
treble21 wrote:

think she? will do some intrinsically spiteful things. We have seen her do things like that before.

Regarding the point about how it will be out of character for Brennan to act as a 5yearold. Well, we have seen how characters can change to suit the writers' needs, so I am pretty scared it will
happen this way!
Basketball

Intrinstically spiteful...you mean like avoiding Booth after the whole Hodgela almost wedding and Zach going to Afghanistan? confused

Humm I would give Barbie and Ken Booth the cold shoulder BIG TIME. Of course, there are special guidelines for this type of actions in the workplace and remain professional and efficient. I would give them the most indiferent treatment my PhD. would allow, and being polite at the same time. Like a lady of course, not a child.
whip
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:41 am

elyon wrote:Also insisting on telling Sweets that Daisy was cheating on him in that 'I told you psychology was useless' way.

Oh, you mean the cluelessly horrific stuff. Laughing At least she learned something from that one. I don't think she ever got why she avoiding Booth. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 am

Even when Angela told her. The episodes run from 'she can't understand' to 'she doesn't understand' to 'she has decided not to understand'.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:46 am

I still don't think Brennan will act like a child or doing anything to sabotage Booth's new relationship...she may be a little envious and jealous, but there is a difference between being jealous and acting like a child. I just get the impression from Emily that Brennan's going be more sad than jealous because she's realizing that all those feelings she has felt in the last 6 years, add up to her definiton of love, but she also wants him to be happy.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordelia Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:33 am

I can't imagine Brennan acting out on jealousy. She will probably recognize it within herself, but still view it as a simple chemical reaction. I see her trying to ignore it and act supportive, while subconsciously doing a few passively aggressive things to let it be known she is feeling it, but nothing too big. Brennan is just not the type to get overemotional, I can't see her behaving like a school girl.
Cordelia
Cordelia
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next