Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

+30
thatgirl61
empiricist
crzy4bones
bonesparticulat
the beaver1965
a_rangergrl2
THX1138
DONEWITHIT
mereva
ReginaPhalange
DoctorB
dawnsfire
Lo
mommahurley
19ana89
puckishbearscubsfan
kat0505
Chocolate Chip
HermioneGirl101
tinkrella
joybrennan
katharine
RubyRuby
treble21
andreana22
bailey
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
Evil Monkey
elyon
34 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty" - Page 9 Empty Re: S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

Post by jro54 Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:53 am

tinge1990 wrote:
jro54 wrote:She's thirty-five. She's a mature adult. She's not going to act like a prissy high school girl whose ex-boyfriend is dating her rival.
or at least, you wish the writers will take that into consideration while writing the scripts.

i have seen 60 year olds on TV act like little kids because of 'love'....

It would still be completely out of character for Brennan to act like that.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty" - Page 9 Empty Re: S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

Post by kat0505 Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:19 am

mommahurley wrote:
kat0505 wrote:
jro54 wrote:@Kat0505 Having nothing to say except bowdown

Thanks! toast
It felt great to get that off my chest.
I'm also entitled to my own opinion as much as everyone else. And no, i won't scroll down coz that would make it seem like the negativity rules coz i read it in every thread and they just repeat and keep on repeating what they've already said. This is still a fan site and not a-tear-to-the-ground-site!
If they want to do that, let them create their own site.

I always felt like this was a discussion forum! which means "discussion" from the root "discourse"...which means presenting differing points of view....

I don't think it's appropriate for any person with any particular point of view to try to stifle another person's point of view. That's the main reason I left the FOX site and began to post on this site, becuase you couldn't say anything you wanted tol say without the moderator taking away your priveledges.

I think that's wrong.

Blasting someone, or telling someon to go away because they don't agree with you, is wrong. For both points of view!

People are entitled to have any feelings they feel! You can't tell someone that their feelings are wrong...or that they should take their feelings somewhere else.

Now, that said.

After having read the sides, I can't see that this episode has anything to do with anything that we were led to believe it was about. That leaves me kind of [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I didn't want to bring this up again but need to tell you that I already apologized for my snappy words here and I do it again if you want me to. I do know every one is entitled for his own opinion. But it seemed to me that positive opinions sometimes being made rediculous here on this forum. There is no right or wrong on this site but indeed we all should respect if we have something to say.

About the sides; it's obvious to me that they don't show the important scenes. I even don't trust what the sides say.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:17 am

jro54 wrote:Like I have said before, I don't think Brennan will be jealous. Jealousy is hating someone because you want what they have, but she can't jealous and still be happy for Booth's new relationship. I don't think that Brennan hates her friends for being able to fall in love. To me, it seems like she wishes she had the same ability. I think she will be more sad because she is realizing that all those feelings she has felt in the last 6 years add up to her definition of love-she loves him so much that she just wants him to be happy. She's thirty-five. She's a mature adult. She's not going to act like a prissy high school girl whose ex-boyfriend is dating her rival.

Jealousy isn't hating someone or something because of what they have, it's wanting the same thing for yourself. How people deal with jealousy is completely different person to person, some people deal with it immaturely and lash out with hatred, I don't think Brennan will do that at all, because she genuinely does want Booth to be happy, but that doesn't mean that she isn't jealous. IMO she still wants Booth and wants to be able to let herself be in love which = jealousy, I just think she'll deal with it as usual, by compartmentalizing.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:51 am

elyon wrote:The only problem is that what Booth really wants is Brennan. He's making do with Hannah and from the sides apparently telling himself and everyone else that he's happy but for a guy who only a few months earlier knew that Brennan was the one he was fated to love for life, he's kidding himself in the same way that Brennan is kidding herself that she can't really 'love' Booth. Where is GordonGordon when you need him!

I think what you've said here is going to be one of the main themes of season six.
May we all hold out hope that Gordon Gordon will show up to help them out. Laughing
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:55 am

From Wikipedia:

The experience of jealousy involves:

Fear of loss
Suspicion or anger about betrayal
Low self-esteem and sadness over loss
Uncertainty and loneliness
Fear of losing an important person to an attractive other
Distrust

The experience of envy involves:

Feelings of inferiority
Longing
Resentment of circumstances
Ill will towards envied person often accompanied by guilt about these feelings
Motivation to improve
Desire to possess the attractive rival's qualities
Disapproval of feelings

Philosopher John Rawls distinguishes between jealousy and envy on the ground that jealousy involves the wish to keep what one has, and envy the wish to get what one does not have.

So, Brennan could be both envious and jealous.....

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:29 am

Brennan might be a little envious and jealous because she wants what Hannah has, but still she's probably not going to show it like many people want to her to. She's not going to act like a bitchy high school girl whose ex-boyfriend is dating her rival. She will probably handle it like an mature thirty-five year old.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 am

jro54 wrote:Brennan might be a little envious and jealous because she wants what Hannah has, but still she's probably not going to show it like many people want to her to. She's not going to act like a prissy high school girl whose ex-boyfriend is dating her rival. She will probably handle it like an mature thirty-five year old.

Does anyone disagree with this? I don't think anyone really thinks that Brennan is gonna get into a catfight with Hannah, or try to sabatoge the Booth/Hannah relationship ( I'm sure there are those that would like to see it, but I don't think they truly believe it will happen).
The point I was making was that she can still be jealous and not act like a child.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:37 am

This is just me, but I cringe every time I here the word "jealousy." I'm sure Brennan will be envy of Booth's new relationship, but I just don't want her realize she loves him just because she's jealous.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 am

jro54 wrote:This is just me, but I cringe every time I here the word "jealousy." I'm sure Brennan will be envy of Booth's new relationship, but I just don't want her realize she loves him just because she's jealous.

You are not alone there. I cringe too, especially when seeing it in articles, and also when DB was so smug about Booth making Brennan jealous. I believe the way Brennan will handle whatever it is she is feeling, by distancing herself from Booth. Giving both of them space. Him to persue his new relationship, which HE SAYS makes him happy, and her, to yet again, compartmentalise the feelings she has. It has been said before, but I'll say it again, Brennan will know that her and Booth will not be able to behave like they did before. No more spending time outside of work together nearly all the tiem, eating dinner, having drinks, etc.

I just hope to goodness that Brennan's character does not regress to season 1 where she is alone at the jeffersonian studying bones, while Booth is home with his SO. That would make me very sad. I hope the writers give her something to do as well, like spending time with her own family once in a while, or with Angela. How long has it been since they've had some one on one girl time!?
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:15 am

RubyRuby wrote:
jro54 wrote:This is just me, but I cringe every time I here the word "jealousy." I'm sure Brennan will be envy of Booth's new relationship, but I just don't want her realize she loves him just because she's jealous.

You are not alone there. I cringe too, especially when seeing it in articles, and also when DB was so smug about Booth making Brennan jealous. I believe the way Brennan will handle whatever it is she is feeling, by distancing herself from Booth. Giving both of them space. Him to persue his new relationship, which HE SAYS makes him happy, and her, to yet again, compartmentalise the feelings she has. It has been said before, but I'll say it again, Brennan will know that her and Booth will not be able to behave like they did before. No more spending time outside of work together nearly all the tiem, eating dinner, having drinks, etc.

I just hope to goodness that Brennan's character does not regress to season 1 where she is alone at the jeffersonian studying bones, while Booth is home with his SO. That would make me very sad. I hope the writers give her something to do as well, like spending time with her own family once in a while, or with Angela. How long has it been since they've had some one on one girl time!?

I would personally feel just plain bad if Brennan was in the Jeffersonian late at night, alone. (think skull reconstruction in Pilot, only that scene was actually pretty awesome-- every time I see it I smile. In a way, it's kind of beautiful.) She needs to spend time with Angela, yes. Forget the last time they actually had girl time, when was the last time they actually acted like best friends? That was one of the major dynamics I loved in season 1, and is why The Skull in the Desert remains one of my favorite episodes. If the whole "Brennan will approach Booth differently" thing does mean that she retracts from Booth, I hope the show will try to focus more on her relationships with other people. Give me some great friendship scenes with Angela, more friendly scenes with Hodgins (after all, he is married to her best friend), and more father/daughter stuff with Max (I've given up on any more development with Russ-- honestly, what the heck happened to him?), and I'll be willing to forgive the writers for a lot of what they do with Booth and the Hanninator.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:35 am

No, you're not alone, elyon made this point earlier. But, as she pointed out, Hart and Emily probably were not using the word jealousy quite as literally as some here are taking it. I don't think either of them sat around and debated about if jealousy or envy was the more correct term to use and over analyzing their word choice isn't really going to give us any insight, IMO. I think it was probably more that jealousy is the more common word and was probably the first thing that popped into Emily's head when she was being interviewed. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, wasn't the interviewer the one to actually first use that word? Emily thought she was being cute and funny, which she was, and not really meaning for her words to be taken as the gospel.

That being said, yea, envy is probably the better word in this situation.

And Brennan is in her 30s and she won't be acting like a spoiled teenager over this but regardless of how old you are, nothing makes you want someone more than seeing them with someone else. It's a fairly natural, common human experience.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:12 pm

mommahurley wrote:After having read the sides, I can't see that this episode has anything to do with anything that we were led to believe it was about. That leaves me kind of [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
I don't believe it's the one that has Brennan come face to face with herself (so to speak). That one could still be the 4th one aired, though, since they don't always show them in the order they were filmed--see the 1st few eps of S3. I'm rather interested in that one myself.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:27 pm

RubyRuby wrote:

I agree with this. I don't want to see Brennan regress back to season 1, but I think it's the only way for Booth to realize that he only wants Brennan-he has to be the one who brakes up with journo barbie because then when B&B finally get together, we won't know if he really wants specifically Brennan or just someone to spend 30 or 40 or 50 years with...but I don't think Brennan will regress back to season 1 completely if she realizes and admits to herself or Angela or someone that she love Booth.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Finally got around to reading these sides,
Thoughts:

- Umm the opening scene is dis. gus. ting. seriously.

- Who the hell is proffessor Bunsen Jude? .... I'm waiting for him to pick up a sidekick named Beaker.

- Oh he has a childrens show, but is apparently still a legitimate scientist... interesting....

- Case = meh

Ok well the thoughts are minimal today cause the sides are minimal LOL, I don't know if this is the episode that HH was talking about or not, it doesn't seem like it, but given that they sometimes shoot out of order, and also that HH originally said that Brennan would solve her own murder and then sort of backtracked out of that into saying that the viewpoint for the episode would be entirely Brennan's, this episode could still be that I suppose..... But I think it's more likely that Brennan episode had been postponed ( sort of like the GD was last year, hopefully not for as long.)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:55 pm

treble21 wrote:Finally got around to reading these sides,

- Case = meh

Really? I thought it sounded pretty exciting. Booth and Brennan chasing after the bad guys with guns.
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:07 pm

I think the case sounds very action adventure ish with the chasing and all and will appeal to those who enjoy that. (my brothers!) lol David did say there would be more action for him this season.

I'd agree with the jealousy thing. I forget which interview it was because they are all blending together now....but, Emily seemed to reiterate several times that will feel some jealousy....but wont know or understand why she is feeling that way. That makes me believe that we wont really see much of it. She understands that she turned booth down and she wants him to be happy and she doesn't believe she can make him happy. Yet, she can't seem to figure out why the site of him with hannah doesn't make HER happy. And....why it hurts so bad. And all that fun love stuff we've all had to deal with.

Over the years we've seen little snippets of jealousy/envy. Like, in the episode about the murdered car salesmen. Booth rarws at the saleslady and brennan snaps "you didn't have to rawr back!" When he's getting that lap dance she is all interested till he asks her to leave....then she says 'did we get our 60 dollars worth yet?" It's more the tone she uses than anything else.

I could see little things like that popping up. But, I don't see her all out flipping out or anything. I think it'll be more intrinsic. Something that maybe others notice like Cam and Angela and the audience...but not so much booth.

I think there may be a little bit of regression. Especially if brennan goes into full out compartmentalizing mode. Also, hannah is bound to cut down on the time her and booth spend together. I can already picture little snippets of season one. But, maybe that's the point? Sometimes you have to fall a little back to realize just how far you've come.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:26 pm

I keep seeing the look she gave Daisy when the Wickster announced she had been accepted as part of the Maluku project before Brennan was even contacted. But more to the point, if Brennan can't figure out what she is feeling how will we ever get any progress on the B&B front? She's the slowest learner I ever saw. She's an anthropologist who can rattle off human interaction in tribal mode but she doesn't understand her own emotional register? This just gets less and less believable as the writers take the whole show down the rabbit hole.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:50 am

How do we know that Brennan won't realize her feelings for Booth? This is season is supposed to about her epiphanys, so imagine that she will realize her feelings.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:08 am

Evil Monkey wrote:
treble21 wrote:Finally got around to reading these sides,

- Case = meh

Really? I thought it sounded pretty exciting. Booth and Brennan chasing after the bad guys with guns.

Well I'm sure DB and ED will make it interesting, but the action stuff isn't usually my favorite part of this show.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 am

Wikipedia isn't always accurate in it's definitions- after all, it's people like us filling stuff in. Razz If you check out various dictionaries jealousy is focused on anger, dislike, and resentment towards the person who has what you want. ENVY is wishful, longing for the skill, object, opportunity, etc that someone else has. If one is jealous, they must also be envious. However, one can be envious, but not jealous.

I'm not getting into which Brennan is or could be. I'm just kind of nuts about word usage. Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:19 am

jro54 wrote:How do we know that Brennan won't realize her feelings for Booth? This is season is supposed to about her epiphanys, so imagine that she will realize her feelings.

Isn't the whole (stupid) idea supposed to be that when Booth was ready she isn't and then when she's ready Booth isn't? If so, that implies Brennan coming back knowing how she feels. (If not, then, yeah, no idea. Laughing)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:23 am

That's what TPTB were saying at the end of the last season. But I'm feeling more and more that unless the two of them are ready at the same time sometime THIS season, shippers are going to sail for fresher shores.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:23 am

I think brennan already feels what she feels and knows she feels it she just doesn't know 'what it means' to feel it. She maybe has never felt love so doesn't know it is actually love. She doesn't know what it feels like to watch the man you love with someone else. It's kinda of like how you can't really describe love until you've experienced it. I think she was struggling with a lot of that when she left for maluku. It seemed overwhelming to her. She basically said that to Angela in her own way.

It's kind of confusing. Sometimes I wonder how Emily does it. Because Brennan is by far one of the most complex characters on the show.

My question is....Brennan never has any trouble just coming out and saying what's on her mind (when she understands what's on her mind that is) so when she realizes she loves him or to put it in better terms...realizes...she CAN love him and he CAN love her...will she say that to him? Will she hide it? Will she say it and him be the one not ready because he's on the rebound from hannah?

As much as I detest the storyline, I'm interested to see where it is headed. There are so many levels and so many directions it can take and I'm hoping we just don't get the cliched 'sad brennan pines over the man she can't have until he realizes it and breaks up with hannah."

Call me crazy. But, I really don't want brennan to be the reason him and hannah don't work out.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:45 am

Instead of Brennan looking at her own life by solving a case that reminds her of herself, it would be so much more interesting to have her realize what her life would have been if she had never met Booth. She'd probably still be at the Jeff working with Zach on Neolithic skeletons. She'd have no family because she would never have reconciled with Max and Russ. Angela and Hodgins would probably be together as would Cam, Michelle and Cam's doctor. Basically Brennan would have no life because all of the opportunities she's had to grow for the last 5-6 years were given to her 'courtesy of Agent Booth'.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:55 am

@ tinkerella - I don't either. At least not directly. It shouldn't be Brennan says she loves him, so he drops Raghag. I want him to CHOOSE Brennan, to go after what he wants, not just take what's easy. If he'd gone the easy route with getting Brennan to work with him again we wouldn't have a show. Very Happy. Booth as passive - don't like it.

I think what may happen is that Brennan will go to tell him, find out about Raghag and then won't say anything because she sees him happy. She'll have regrets, but also might slide into self-doubt. She was afraid that she couldn't make Booth happy, that she could hurt him. Seeing him with Raghag might reinforced that she was right. Like, she knows being with Booth would make HER happy, that she loves him, but wanting that when it might not make HIM happy - she's not selfish like that. That's why I think ultimately he's gonna have to go after her. She needs to see that SHE is what makes him happy.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next