Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

+30
thatgirl61
empiricist
crzy4bones
bonesparticulat
the beaver1965
a_rangergrl2
THX1138
DONEWITHIT
mereva
ReginaPhalange
DoctorB
dawnsfire
Lo
mommahurley
19ana89
puckishbearscubsfan
kat0505
Chocolate Chip
HermioneGirl101
tinkrella
joybrennan
katharine
RubyRuby
treble21
andreana22
bailey
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
Evil Monkey
elyon
34 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty" - Page 11 Empty Re: S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

Post by treble21 Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 am

tinge1990 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:Brennan might be a little envious and jealous because she wants what Hannah has, but still she's probably not going to show it like many people want to her to. She's not going to act like a prissy high school girl whose ex-boyfriend is dating her rival. She will probably handle it like an mature thirty-five year old.

Does anyone disagree with this? I don't think anyone really thinks that Brennan is gonna get into a catfight with Hannah, or try to sabatoge the Booth/Hannah relationship ( I'm sure there are those that would like to see it, but I don't think they truly believe it will happen).
The point I was making was that she can still be jealous and not act like a child.
I think she will do some intrinsically spiteful things. We have seen her do things like that before.

Regarding the point about how it will be out of character for Brennan to act as a 5yearold. Well, we have seen how characters can change to suit the writers' needs, so I am pretty scared it will happen this way!

I don't think Brennan has ever done anything to be purposely spiteful, she has said and done some hurtful things without realizing it ( only one of which EVER really angered me, and no I'm not going into which one it was, I've already stated in other threads which one it was and that was enough venting for me) But never on purpose.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty" - Page 11 Empty Re: S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

Post by treble21 Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 am

jro54 wrote:I still don't think Brennan will act like a child or doing anything to sabotage Booth's new relationship...she may be a little envious and jealous, but there is a difference between being jealous and acting like a child. I just get the impression from Emily that Brennan's going be more sad than jealous because she's realizing that all those feelings she has felt in the last 6 years, add up to her definiton of love, but she also wants him to be happy.

That's the impression I get as well.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:25 am

treble21 wrote:
tinge1990 wrote:
treble21 wrote:
jro54 wrote:Brennan might be a little envious and jealous because she wants what Hannah has, but still she's probably not going to show it like many people want to her to. She's not going to act like a prissy high school girl whose ex-boyfriend is dating her rival. She will probably handle it like an mature thirty-five year old.

Does anyone disagree with this? I don't think anyone really thinks that Brennan is gonna get into a catfight with Hannah, or try to sabatoge the Booth/Hannah relationship ( I'm sure there are those that would like to see it, but I don't think they truly believe it will happen).
The point I was making was that she can still be jealous and not act like a child.
I think she will do some intrinsically spiteful things. We have seen her do things like that before.

Regarding the point about how it will be out of character for Brennan to act as a 5yearold. Well, we have seen how characters can change to suit the writers' needs, so I am pretty scared it will happen this way!

I don't think Brennan has ever done anything to be purposely spiteful, she has said and done some hurtful things without realizing it ( only one of which EVER really angered me, and no I'm not going into which one it was, I've already stated in other threads which one it was and that was enough venting for me) But never on purpose.
Basketball loco

@treble21. Totally agree! cheers
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:24 am

treble21 wrote:
tinge1990 wrote:
treble21 wrote:

Okay, sorry, i was really tired while writing that so i was not paying attention to how my words came out sounding like.

Basically, I am going for the idea that out of instinct, Brennan will be spiteful and do some spiteful things but she will not realise that she is behaving spitefully. Very Happy

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:37 am

I'm looking forward to the episode where we hear what Brennan is really thinking because it's impossible to judge what her motives are most of the time. All we see are the results. Her reasoning processes stay hidden except when she working on bones. We're told she's forthright and truthful but that only takes you so far when examining what she really feels. If she doesn't know what she's feeling, how can we?

This problem has grown exponentially with the elevated emotions of seasons 4 & 5. We're always fairly sure how Booth is feeling but Brennan hardly at all except in very few scenes like the one in the finale with Angela. The show would be stronger if we had a better sense of Brennan's inner emotional journey and not just her outer actions.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by minnkim Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:55 am

I think that Brennan will come to the logical conclusion that Booth never really felt what he claimed to feel for her. Brennan will see a happy Booth who has moved on rather quickly and seems to be content. This will catapult her decision to move on also. I think Brennan will also find a steady dating partner and Booth will not be as big a part of her life as he has been in the past. How this is played out on screen and how it affects their partnership is what we will be watching this season.

I for one hope this isn't the case but from what I'm hearing this is the path the show runners are going for.

minnkim

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:03 am

minnkim wrote:I think that Brennan will come to the logical conclusion that Booth never really felt what he claimed to feel for her. Brennan will see a happy Booth who has moved on rather quickly and seems to be content. This will catapult her decision to move on also. I think Brennan will also find a steady dating partner and Booth will not be as big a part of her life as he has been in the past. How this is played out on screen and how it affects their partnership is what we will be watching this season.

I for one hope this isn't the case but from what I'm hearing this is the path the show runners are going for.

Ummm...Nothing has been confirmed yet. Emily just teased about Brennan possibly getting a "love interest" but we have no idea about the context of it.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:04 am

re: Minnkim:

The problem with this is that over seasons 4 & 5, Hart brought the relationship between B&B to the forefront of the action making it a pivotal point in a growing number of episodes. If he were not intending to bring them together in a 'reasonable' time period then it was a stupid thing to do because it has raised so many shipper expectations that he has teased to the point of backlash anger. So my conclusion is that he does intend to bring them together and probably this season.

I don't think he's dumb enough to believe that he can spin them off in different directions with other people and hold onto his fan base. There are too many other shows out there -- the Closer being one and now House -- that have managed to put their lead characters together and still keep their ratings and their renewals up. ranger_girl12 said that she thought Hart postponed their relationship because of the House finale which put House and Cuddy together and Fox didn't want an identical season finale for Bones. If so, then season 6 should be THE season for B&B as it was for House. If not, the shippers I'm afraid will sail to other shores.

Welcome to the ABY by the way. Nice to have you.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:39 am

elyon wrote:re: Minnkim:

The problem with this is that over seasons 4 & 5, Hart brought the relationship between B&B to the forefront of the action making it a pivotal point in a growing number of episodes. If he were not intending to bring them together in a 'reasonable' time period then it was a stupid thing to do because it has raised so many shipper expectations that he has teased to the point of backlash anger. So my conclusion is that he does intend to bring them together and probably this season.

I don't think he's dumb enough to believe that he can spin them off in different directions with other people and hold onto his fan base. There are too many other shows out there -- the Closer being one and now House -- that have managed to put their lead characters together and still keep their ratings and their renewals up. ranger_girl12 said that she thought Hart postponed their relationship because of the House finale which put House and Cuddy together and Fox didn't want an identical season finale for Bones. If so, then season 6 should be THE season for B&B as it was for House. If not, the shippers I'm afraid will sail to other shores.

After seeing the end of the 100th - yeah, he's dumb enough. Rolling Eyes

Welcome to the ABY by the way. Nice to have you.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by minnkim Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:48 am

Hart claims they have enough material for three more seasons. I don't think that he will be bringing Booth and Brennan together during this season. The finale maybe, but not this fall, winter or early spring. This season will be them drifting apart, and discovering who they are individually, more than what they are to each other, as a team or partners. We will see more of Booth's past and how that has shaped who he is as a person. Hart and Company will be backing away from the Booth and Brennan mooning over each other and will instead be dealing with more personal issues from both their pasts. Storylines will be more similar to seasons 1 and 2. We the audience will once again start to care more about the cases, and the Booth and Brennan saga will be toned down.

minnkim

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 am

I think Emily sums up what we have been speculating: "If you could look at last season as a season where Booth kind of pines after Brennan, this season may be the season where Brennan pines after Booth in her way."
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:09 am

minnkim wrote:Hart claims they have enough material for three more seasons. I don't think that he will be bringing Booth and Brennan together during this season. The finale maybe, but not this fall, winter or early spring. This season will be them drifting apart, and discovering who they are individually, more than what they are to each other, as a team or partners. We will see more of Booth's past and how that has shaped who he is as a person. Hart and Company will be backing away from the Booth and Brennan mooning over each other and will instead be dealing with more personal issues from both their pasts. Storylines will be more similar to seasons 1 and 2. We the audience will once again start to care more about the cases, and the Booth and Brennan saga will be toned down.

Sorry, but IMO, if he does that he won't make three seasons. Fans are starting not to care, NOW.

According to HH Bones was always meant to be relationship oriented - with a cool procedural background. (Check his earlier interviews) The audience he's developed has a large relationship faction - trying to change the game NOW - with what he's built up the last 4 3/4 seasons would be loco

Of course, that doesn't mean he isn't doing that, but imo if he is there won't be a season seven. Fans will be leaving in droves.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by minnkim Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:15 am

I can see Brennan emulating what Booth is doing in his personal life. Booth will be in a serious relationship, so Brennan will also try to succeed in one. In essense, Brennan will be trying to be as normal and as much like Booth as possible. The audience will think it is odd but to Brennan it will make her feel closer to him, because she will be trying to experience what Booth is going through.
Brennan will have these new feelings towards Booth but she'll have no way of expressing them. We will not see her getting jealous or petty. She'll act in the typical Brennan fashion, and do things that most normal people would never expect.

minnkim

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:23 am

Dear joybrennan, I totally agree. The B&B relationship has become so central to the show with fans hanging on revelations from episode to episode that trying to walk all that back and pretending it doesn't exist in a season where we've been told there will be jealousy, meltdowns and something rotten in the Booth and Hannah relationship doesn't sound like Hart &co are backing off the B&B romance.

Wishful thinking but it sounds like they are gearing up to the final push toward a relationship. We'll all just have to be patient for a few more months -- easier said than done but at least we have the sides for some insight.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by minnkim Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:25 am

Hart and Stephen said at the end of last season that they were going for a new dynamic this season. I sometimes feel that they don't really get why the fans are starting to get disenchanted with the show. I do believe they will mess around with the Booth and Brennan relationship this season. Will we the fans like this? Probably not! At this point there is really no set direction that this show is following anymore. Stephen has basically said they are winging it. They have no set plan with what will happen between Booth and Brennan so really anything is game to them. I feel like the writers are out of touch with what we want to see. I miss the slow dance that was Booth and Brennan. Their relationship has turned into some kind of freaky break dance. It has become painful to watch these two great characters fall apart. Will this turn around. After the past two seasons I have very little faith.

minnkim

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:27 am

elyon wrote:Dear joybrennan, I totally agree. The B&B relationship has become so central to the show with fans hanging on revelations from episode to episode that trying to walk all that back and pretending it doesn't exist in a season where we've been told there will be jealousy, meltdowns and something rotten in the Booth and Hannah relationship doesn't sound like Hart &co are backing off the B&B romance.

Wishful thinking but it sounds like they are gearing up to the final push toward a relationship. We'll all just have to be patient for a few more months -- easier said than done but at least we have the sides for some insight.

hug
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:30 am

elyon wrote:Dear joybrennan, I totally agree. The B&B relationship has become so central to the show with fans hanging on revelations from episode to episode that trying to walk all that back and pretending it doesn't exist in a season where we've been told there will be jealousy, meltdowns and something rotten in the Booth and Hannah relationship doesn't sound like Hart &co are backing off the B&B romance.

Took the words right out of my mouth. thumbsup
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:48 am

Vote now and vote often so Hart will hear how we feel!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:45 am

jro54 wrote:
minnkim wrote:I think that Brennan will come to the logical conclusion that Booth never really felt what he claimed to feel for her. Brennan will see a happy Booth who has moved on rather quickly and seems to be content. This will catapult her decision to move on also. I think Brennan will also find a steady dating partner and Booth will not be as big a part of her life as he has been in the past. How this is played out on screen and how it affects their partnership is what we will be watching this season.

Ummm...Nothing has been confirmed yet. Emily just teased about Brennan possibly getting a "love interest" but we have no idea about the context of it.

If I remember correctly, Hart H responded rather exasperatedly on Twitter recently to a fan being mad about Brennan getting an SO too (after this Emily D interview). He said more or less that that was not in the cards. He was upset that people started to think that, looked like he wanted to nip it in the bud.
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:01 am

I forgot about that. I remembering HH tweeting something like, "I never said Brennan would get a boyfriend,"and he seemed kind of angry about it. I still don't think Brennan will get a boyfriend simply because it wouldn't make sense with anything they said that would happen in season 6.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by minnkim Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:12 am

Hart tends to get defensive when someone claims he has said something, when it has been an actor who has said it. It doesn't mean it won't happen, it just means that he didn't say what someone has claimed he said.

minnkim

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 am

You're right. It's Hart and we never know what he's going to do, but I still don't see how it would fit in to what they have said that will happen in season 6...so I'm not going to worry about it until I get more info.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 am

jro54 wrote:I forgot about that. I remembering HH tweeting something like, "I never said Brennan would get a boyfriend,"and he seemed kind of angry about it. I still don't think Brennan will get a boyfriend simply because it wouldn't make sense with anything they said that would happen in season 6.

Yes, once again you are right, he did tweet that. And I also agree that this wouldn't fit the story line. Coz ED said this would be the season that Brennan will be going after Booth when last season it was Booth going after Brennan. But I do wonder if they will bring them together this season. I have the feeling it will be Booth who's going to be confronted with his past as a sniper. And so he needs to solve some matters first before starting to think of any relationship again. I also think we will get this promise to pops about Bones holding him when he finds out about certain things of his dad.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:48 am

minnkim wrote:Hart and Stephen said at the end of last season that they were going for a new dynamic this season. I sometimes feel that they don't really get why the fans are starting to get disenchanted with the show. I do believe they will mess around with the Booth and Brennan relationship this season. Will we the fans like this? Probably not! At this point there is really no set direction that this show is following anymore. Stephen has basically said they are winging it. They have no set plan with what will happen between Booth and Brennan so really anything is game to them. I feel like the writers are out of touch with what we want to see. I miss the slow dance that was Booth and Brennan. Their relationship has turned into some kind of freaky break dance. It has become painful to watch these two great characters fall apart. Will this turn around. After the past two seasons I have very little faith.

Then don't watch.

Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:50 am

Ok, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............

What have you heard/read?

*whistles*

Last edited by Evil Monkey on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum