Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

+30
thatgirl61
empiricist
crzy4bones
bonesparticulat
the beaver1965
a_rangergrl2
THX1138
DONEWITHIT
mereva
ReginaPhalange
DoctorB
dawnsfire
Lo
mommahurley
19ana89
puckishbearscubsfan
kat0505
Chocolate Chip
HermioneGirl101
tinkrella
joybrennan
katharine
RubyRuby
treble21
andreana22
bailey
MI_Bonesgirl
jro54
Evil Monkey
elyon
34 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty" - Page 12 Empty Re: S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

Post by DONEWITHIT Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:55 am

Evil Monkey wrote:
minnkim wrote:I think that Brennan will come to the logical conclusion that Booth never really felt what he claimed to feel for her. Brennan will see a happy Booth who has moved on rather quickly and seems to be content. This will catapult her decision to move on also. I think Brennan will also find a steady dating partner and Booth will not be as big a part of her life as he has been in the past. How this is played out on screen and how it affects their partnership is what we will be watching this season.

I for one hope this isn't the case but from what I'm hearing this is the path the show runners are going for.

You obviously haven't "heard" much in that case if you're coming to THAT conclusion THIS early.
Woah! What's up monkey? Minns is expressin an opinion. No need to snap. Take it easy, we all love the show so much that we have to criticize with the hope they go back to what they use to do before and even better.
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty" - Page 12 Empty Re: S6 E4 "The Body and the Bounty"

Post by Evil Monkey Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:00 am

DONEWITHIT wrote:
Evil Monkey wrote:
minnkim wrote:I think that Brennan will come to the logical conclusion that Booth never really felt what he claimed to feel for her. Brennan will see a happy Booth who has moved on rather quickly and seems to be content. This will catapult her decision to move on also. I think Brennan will also find a steady dating partner and Booth will not be as big a part of her life as he has been in the past. How this is played out on screen and how it affects their partnership is what we will be watching this season.

I for one hope this isn't the case but from what I'm hearing this is the path the show runners are going for.

You obviously haven't "heard" much in that case if you're coming to THAT conclusion THIS early.
Woah! What's up monkey? Minns is expressin an opinion. No need to snap. Take it easy, we all love the show so much that we have to criticize with the hope they go back to what they use to do before and even better.

Yes, but I think it's better to wait for the first few episodes to air before passing this sort of judgment - optimistic or cynical.
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:13 am

I can manage, oddly enough, to be both cynical and open-minded. I don't like what I hear, previous experience has made me wary, but I can still watch and wait and see. I was very nervous about Harbingers, for example, and yet most of S5 was quite good, just as an example. Read my Inkslingers if you don't believe me.

I'm just as wary about S6, in all honesty. Maybe a touch more, given the circumstances.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:14 am

One thing I totally don't agree with is that according to you Booth will not be as big a part of her life; if they take that away, then you will remove the center. So, I don't believe that any GF or SO for Brennan will be in the show for a long time. Coz otherwise they can't keep the focus on B&B. It's not a show about Booth and his GF or a show about Brennan and her SO, no, it's a show about B&B and I'm sure it will stay that way.
And noone can predict what Brennan will do or how she will react. She's Brennan, and what you will think of a logic way in reacting, she won't do. That's my opinion.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by minnkim Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:20 am

People can read, or hear the same thing and come up with different opinions on what was read or heard. This is what makes us humans unique. We think, hear and see differently. Forums are for people to express these views. I respect others views that are different than mine, I hope others feel the same way. It is fun to come to forums to express these different views.

minnkim

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:28 am

minnkim wrote:People can read, or hear the same thing and come up with different opinions on what was read or heard. This is what makes us humans unique. We think, hear and see differently. Forums are for people to express these views. I respect others views that are different than mine, I hope others feel the same way. It is fun to come to forums to express these different views.

Yes, you are right. But a little while ago, I was also totally fed up with people reading bits of sides and making all kinds of negative suggestions about it. We all don't know what's gonna happen, sides or no sides, spoilers or no spoilers. I remember DB saying that in the finale of S5 lips will be locked and what happened? NOTHING! So, before you believe everything they say, maybe it's better to stick around and see what will really happen.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by minnkim Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:43 am

At comic-con David made the comment that everything would be o.k. between B&B, but Emily refuted his statement and said she didn't think so. Emily tends to tell the truth more, and David tends to tell it not so much. This is why I think that this season there will be more rocky moments than sweet ones between B&B. While the show is centered around their relationship, I think the writers are going try and tone down the B&B romance part and build more on the friendship. Hart retweeted a comment someone made about how his /her fanfic audience wanted them to put B&B together and once it happened there was nothing more to write about. This says to me that he feels keeping them apart will get them more material and more seasons.

minnkim

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:47 am

Evil Monkey wrote:
minnkim wrote:Hart and Stephen said at the end of last season that they were going for a new dynamic this season. I sometimes feel that they don't really get why the fans are starting to get disenchanted with the show. I do believe they will mess around with the Booth and Brennan relationship this season. Will we the fans like this? Probably not! At this point there is really no set direction that this show is following anymore. Stephen has basically said they are winging it. They have no set plan with what will happen between Booth and Brennan so really anything is game to them. I feel like the writers are out of touch with what we want to see. I miss the slow dance that was Booth and Brennan. Their relationship has turned into some kind of freaky break dance. It has become painful to watch these two great characters fall apart. Will this turn around. After the past two seasons I have very little faith.

Then don't watch.

EXACTLY! Probably the smartest thing to do if you don't like what's happening. Why pretend to like something when you don't.

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 am

kat0505 wrote:

t

One thing I totally don't agree with is that according to you Booth will not be as big a part of her life; if they take that away, then you will remove the center. So, I don't believe that any GF or SO for Brennan will be in the show for a long time. Coz otherwise they can't keep the focus on B&B. It's not a show about Booth and his GF or a show about Brennan and her SO, no, it's a show about B&B and I'm sure it will stay that way.

And noone can predict what Brennan will do or how she will react. She's Brennan, and what you will think of a logic way in reacting, she won't do. That's my opinion.

I think she should pull away - like for 5 episodes. That way once Raghag is gone, Booth can miss
what he had with Brennan - and Brennan can get over seeing him with Raghag. Supposedly the idea is she believes he's happy...she'll have to process that what was "happy" wasn't. There can. Be all these cute B&B moments where they act like old times - and then Brennan remember she remembers she needs to keep emotional distance and pulls away. It could even overlap Booth's time with Raghag. Booth gets to remember and miss what he had and Brennan gets time to process. Definetely not the whole season though - and NO Brennan SO! Evil or Very Mad loco loco loco

Last edited by joybrennan on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:17 am

minnkim wrote:At comic-con David made the comment that everything would be o.k. between B&B, but Emily refuted his statement and said she didn't think so. Emily tends to tell the truth more, and David tends to tell it not so much. This is why I think that this season there will be more rocky moments than sweet ones between B&B. While the show is centered around their relationship, I think the writers are going try and tone down the B&B romance part and build more on the friendship. Hart retweeted a comment someone made about how his /her fanfic audience wanted them to put B&B together and once it happened there was nothing more to write about. This says to me that he feels keeping them apart will get them more material and more seasons.

Ummm....jealousy and meltdowns doesn't sound like backing off from the B&B romance. I understand that everyone has their own way of seeing things, but to me, it sounds like are going to continue moving forward with B&B's romance...It's gonna happen eventually. Very Happy
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:56 am

kat0505 wrote:
minnkim wrote:People can read, or hear the same thing and come up with different opinions on what was read or heard. This is what makes us humans unique. We think, hear and see differently. Forums are for people to express these views. I respect others views that are different than mine, I hope others feel the same way. It is fun to come to forums to express these different views.

Yes, you are right. But a little while ago, I was also totally fed up with people reading bits of sides and making all kinds of negative suggestions about it. We all don't know what's gonna happen, sides or no sides, spoilers or no spoilers. I remember DB saying that in the finale of S5 lips will be locked and what happened? NOTHING! So, before you believe everything they say, maybe it's better to stick around and see what will really happen.

I totally agree with you, Kat. I think it's so ridiculous how much time people spend speculating what's going to happen based on interviews and sides. Forget what the writers say. Forget what the actors say. We have know idea what's going to happen. Hart could be planning to get B&B together right now or he could be thinking of ways to keep them apart. We DON'T know. Let's just wait see and what is actually being portrayed by the actors.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:25 am

jro54 wrote:
kat0505 wrote:

Same logic Charlie Brown uses with Lucy when he's trying to kick the football. Laughing

I totally agree with you, Kat. I think it's so ridiculous how much time people spend speculating what's going to happen based on interviews and sides. Forget what the writers say. Forget what the actors say. We have know idea what's going to happen. Hart could be planning to get B&B together right now or he could be thinking of ways to keep them apart. We DON'T know. Let's just wait see and what is actually being portrayed by the actors.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:47 am

Can we at least wait until the first promo airs?
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 am

Evil Monkey wrote:Can we at least wait until the first promo airs?

care to hazzard a guess why they aren't out yet? Rolling Eyes Actually, don't - that's a different thread. Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 am

joybrennan wrote:

care to hazzard a guess why they aren't out yet? Rolling Eyes Actually, don't - that's a different thread. Razz

Guessing is irrelevant. Speculation is futile.

tongue
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 am

joybrennan wrote:

They'll be out next week-ish, according to (Josh I think) on Twitter, they'll be out in two weeks. And he posted that either late last week or early this week.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesparticulat Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 am

Let's remind ourselves that spoilers, sides and things people involved with the show say, are at best cryptic/hard to interpret without their context and at worst deceptive/meant to lead us on the wrong path. And then there's the issue of all three usually being based on early versions of the scripts, even just discussions internally. Scripts change all the time. It can be drastic because the early version just doesn't work/somebody powerful doesn't like it (studio, Fox, Hanson, maybe even at times Emily D or David B), it can be minor (story flow, character history/precedents, factual errors, etc.), it can be technical (not enough time to shoot, too much footage for 1 episode, set too expensive or unavailable, character breaks a leg, etc.). In short, there are many perfectly normal/honest reasons for what we think is going to happen, not to happen. toast
bonesparticulat
bonesparticulat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-12-10

http://bonesparticulat.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12