Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

+42
dddodson
jhi1005
Murphs93
ToZiKa
aardvark508
ReginaPhalange
DONEWITHIT
i_heart_bones
JennyK
hokorii
heirofloki
bailey
dreamerktm411
elyon
NatesMama
geraghtyvl
treble21
SnoopGirl
Pat
crzy4bones
MI_Bonesgirl
TinkonBrink
mereva
HeyHey
Beliskner
recoveringbonesaddict
anteater
Brain&Heart
joybrennan
Page187
gordongordonfan
bones_fanatic19
jsgemini
katharine
dawnsfire
mommahurley
future_anthro
bones206
Lorna Doone
tinkrella
jro54
thatgirl61
46 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP - Page 11 Empty Re: MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:19 am

Uh oh...I'm not even sure what to say or think about this one...

HartHanson This is one of those scripts that makes you want to throw in the towel and take up Rutabaga Farming on Hornby Island
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP - Page 11 Empty Re: MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

Post by bailey Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 am

treble21 wrote:SN was joking, pure and simple, no need to take it any other way.

I know that. And I'm not even upset about this SO plotline, but did he have to use the word wife? And use it first? I don't know, just when I read that, it bothered me. And I'd promised myself to not get bothered. lol

bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:07 am

Anyone catch Warehouse 13 last night? (Just trying to find something to be cheerful about - clearly discussing the downward spiral of my once favorite show doesn't qualify. tongue )
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:09 am

Is SN just kidding about the Booth's "new wife?" The SO thing doesn't bother me, but the fact that he uses the word "wife" does. pale

Last edited by jro54 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:13 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Uh oh...I'm not even sure what to say or think about this one...

HartHanson This is one of those scripts that makes you want to throw in the towel and take up Rutabaga Farming on Hornby Island

Sounds like he's working on a script that he knows won't make ANYONE happy.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:15 am

jro54 wrote:Is SN just kidding about the Booth's "new wife?" The SO thing doesn't bother me, but the fact that he uses the word "wife" does. pale
He's just being sardonic. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 am

joybrennan wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Uh oh...I'm not even sure what to say or think about this one...

Maybe he is just having problems with making something work in the script...

And there are just some people that no matter WHAT HH writes, they won't be happy...even Booth and Brennan declaring their undying love in the first 30 seconds of the first episode and spending the rest of the episode bickering in bed won't make some people happy..

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 am

joybrennan wrote:
jro54 wrote:Is SN just kidding about the Booth's "new wife?" The SO thing doesn't bother me, but the fact that he uses the word "wife" does. pale
He's just being sardonic. Smile

Okay. When first his tweet this morning, I almost had another panic attack and then after thinking about it, he's probably having a field day teasing fans because he's probably being bombarded by nasty tweets.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:27 am

crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

And there are just some people that no matter WHAT HH writes, they won't be happy...even Booth and Brennan declaring their undying love in the first 30 seconds of the first episode and spending the rest of the episode bickering in bed won't make some people happy..

He could be just having a rough time writing the script. And there are some fans that won't be happy with anything HH writes.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:51 am

crzy4bones wrote:
heirofloki wrote:Haha, well, I thought it was funny. Razz

I did, too....but then again, I'm not one that's freaking out about the SO or who takes SN and HH's tweets seriously....

There's a quote...."Noone can make you feel inferior without your permission" The same could be said for being "baited" by SN and HH.

I wonder how many people's enjoyment of the show is ruined by spoilers and Twitter. If we were back in the days before the internet, how many folks would still be totally enjoying the show.

Just curious...any Nielsen families on the board?

I think you make a good point, but I'm still gonna argue with it, hope that's okay.
I think you are right in your assumption (hell, I'm starting to sound Brennanish) about the whole internet thing. No one would have known all the stuff we know or don't actually know a couple of years ago. We would have gone blindly by just watching our show.

Here's the but.................it's not the spoilers and tweets that make me upset and have a lack of interest in one of my favorite shows for the past 5 years, it's the writing. You can put every spoilers, tweet, blog, etc....... out there and I'll read them. I know to take them with a grain of salt because I understand when it comes right down to it, it's a business and they are using whatever marketing ploys they have to create a buzz, bad or good, real or not real.
My problem is the lack of creativity in the writing. Someone posted yesterday about how when they do get together, which we all really know they will, it will be for ratings or sweeps and it will be so unreal that we will all be let down by then. That's what turns me away.
I say hire a creative writing staff that's not afraid to take a chance about fighting any TV curse about putting together your lead couple. Use some imagination, step out of your comfort zone. No real loyal viewer is asking for sex and marriage by episode 1 of S6, we'll take the struggle of a relationship. Hell, we all think that would be amusing. I'd like to see the first fight and them not speak to each other for an episode with childish looks thrown at each other, we've all seen those scenes in the first 3 years and loved them.
But, alas, no, we the viewer won't get that, we'll get stall tactics and a drink at FF to appease us at the end of the episode, where both of them look lovingly into each other's eyes and say, "you know how much our partnership means to me". That is until the ratings start to diminish because the writing on the wall is better than the writing in the episode.
Sorry that sounds bitter and negative, I think it's just realistic. But come September if I am laughing and have a smile on my face on Thursday nights, hey, what the hell, I'll eat some crow.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:28 am

crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

yeah it sounds to me like he's just having trouble writing the script, which is what we had already guessed.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:42 am

thatgirl61 wrote:Mega Buzz Bones Scoop
Will Bones and Booth really be apart when Bones comes back? — Marta
MICKEY: It's looking that way, particularly now that we know that Booth will meet his new love interest, a journalist, when she's embedded with his unit in Afghanistan. In a seeminglyGrey's Anatomy-inspired Teddy-Owen-like twist, she'll follow Booth back to Washington, where they'll attempt to be together in the real world. And we all know how that goes. But don't blame Bones — she'll be nothing but supportive of the born-under-fire union.

so I didn't read through 18 pages of comments about this, but I read this on ff.net a few days ago......before it came out as a spoiler.....
this person whoever he or she might be, doesn't seem to know anything imo

but I might be wrong of course

anyway, I wouldn't pay too much attention to this or any 'teasing' things SN and HH tweeted afterwards

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:16 am

Finally checked this board to see the pandemonium that had erupted since yesterday. Kinda glad, at least it's not silence anymore Very Happy

I don't really mind this storyline as long as they make it better than the Catfish one cos that didn't really serve any purpose. I'd rather Booth take it really serious with this one and make Brennan actually THINK instead of just encourage him/be all aloof about it.

Also I feel bad for Hart getting so much s**t on Twitter cos nothing fans say is gonna change the storyline, its just gonna make him down which might make him become like Greg Yaitaines became. Basically a bit of a d**k on Twitter :/

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 am

joybrennan wrote:

Personally I think he's working on the script that finally puts B&B together which is why the tweet about their characters being so recalcitrant. I don't 'trust the writers'. I'm not here 'for the ride' and I'm not an optimist in this regard. But I do think this is happening this season.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:13 am

elyon wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Personally I think he's working on the script that finally puts B&B together which is why the tweet about their characters being so recalcitrant. I don't 'trust the writers'. I'm not here 'for the ride' and I'm not an optimist in this regard. But I do think this is happening this season.

I hope you're right. I mean he has all the practice he needs in keeping them apart-so it only makes sense that putting them together would be difficult bounce
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:10 am

elyon wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

I sure hope you're right. For the past 2 seasons, I totally thought that B&B were going to get together. They did in the S4 finale, but it wasn't real. And then I thought they were going to get together in the S5 finale because of "Harbingers" and the hints like the alarm clock, so I really don't want to hold my breath only to get slapped in the face again.

But it does make sense that he would struggle with putting B&B together because it's so easy to keep them apart.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:15 am

This is the tweet that makes me think so:

@bonesjonsing What makes you think that I'm not trying to get B&B together and it's their characters who are recalcitrant and unwilling?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:20 am

elyon wrote:This is the tweet that makes me think so:

@bonesjonsing What makes you think that I'm not trying to get B&B together and it's their characters who are recalcitrant and unwilling?

to be fair that is in response to a question from a fan asking why he is not willing to put B/B together, I'm not so sure it's spoilery. But I'm a fan of preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, so I hope that B/B get together soon. But I'm not holding my breath on it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:22 am

It may be a response to that particular tweet but when combined with a number of other things that people connected to the show have said about B&B and season 6, I'm betting this is one spoiler that could turn out to be true. Only time will tell.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 am

That is exactly why we shouldn't take what Hart says seriously. I mean he had us ALL fooled with the Season 4 finale. That and given the fact that he won't drop any more spoilers...Well..Yeah. But he's been so pissy on Twitter lately that maybe it was a truthful answer. Who knows? I'll hope this is THE season just like I do every other year, but I'm still not gonna hold my breath!!

For what it's worth-I don't even think I'd believe him if he came out point blank and said they will get together halfway through the 10th act in the 8th episode of Season 6....
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:33 am

J
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
elyon wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

I hope you're right. I mean he has all the practice he needs in keeping them apart-so it only makes sense that putting them together would be difficult bounce
@ MI_Bonesgirl. lol! luv ya! (in an "atta girl kind of way Smile )

Anyway, all I meant was he probably has a lot of different voices and opinions coming at him, and he could be stuck because of it.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 am

joybrennan wrote:J
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
elyon wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Anyway, all I meant was he probably has a lot of different voices and opinions coming at him, and he could be stuck because of it.

He does literally have alot of different voices coming at him-have you checked his @replies on Twitter?? Yikes.. But it seems the opinions are all the same. *Shrugs* I tweeted back to him that I'd offer to help Twisted Evil
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:45 am

katharine wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:
heirofloki wrote:Haha, well, I thought it was funny. Razz

I did, too....but then again, I'm not one that's freaking out about the SO or who takes SN and HH's tweets seriously....

There's a quote...."Noone can make you feel inferior without your permission" The same could be said for being "baited" by SN and HH.

I wonder how many people's enjoyment of the show is ruined by spoilers and Twitter. If we were back in the days before the internet, how many folks would still be totally enjoying the show.

Just curious...any Nielsen families on the board?

I think you make a good point, but I'm still gonna argue with it, hope that's okay.
I think you are right in your assumption (hell, I'm starting to sound Brennanish) about the whole internet thing. No one would have known all the stuff we know or don't actually know a couple of years ago. We would have gone blindly by just watching our show.

Here's the but.................it's not the spoilers and tweets that make me upset and have a lack of interest in one of my favorite shows for the past 5 years, it's the writing. You can put every spoilers, tweet, blog, etc....... out there and I'll read them. I know to take them with a grain of salt because I understand when it comes right down to it, it's a business and they are using whatever marketing ploys they have to create a buzz, bad or good, real or not real.
My problem is the lack of creativity in the writing. Someone posted yesterday about how when they do get together, which we all really know they will, it will be for ratings or sweeps and it will be so unreal that we will all be let down by then. That's what turns me away.
I say hire a creative writing staff that's not afraid to take a chance about fighting any TV curse about putting together your lead couple. Use some imagination, step out of your comfort zone. No real loyal viewer is asking for sex and marriage by episode 1 of S6, we'll take the struggle of a relationship. Hell, we all think that would be amusing. I'd like to see the first fight and them not speak to each other for an episode with childish looks thrown at each other, we've all seen those scenes in the first 3 years and loved them.
But, alas, no, we the viewer won't get that, we'll get stall tactics and a drink at FF to appease us at the end of the episode, where both of them look lovingly into each other's eyes and say, "you know how much our partnership means to me". That is until the ratings start to diminish because the writing on the wall is better than the writing in the episode.
Sorry that sounds bitter and negative, I think it's just realistic. But come September if I am laughing and have a smile on my face on Thursday nights, hey, what the hell, I'll eat some crow.
BRAVO, Katherine! I totally agree! Very Happy cheers
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jhi1005 Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:07 am

I love reading everyone's opinions-I missed this the past few months!

So I'm not liking the new SO storyline for a lot of the reasons people have already stated-it's cliched, it's been done before, etc. My biggest objection will always be to writing that I think doesn't cut the standard the show set for itself-that's what drew me to the show in the first place (besides the obvious B&B chemistry).

I'm iffy on Season 6, but for me the saddest part is that a lot of loyal fans have been turned off already, because I feel this show has had some really loyal fans who followed it from day one through multiple days/time slots, and I want the moment when B&B together to be a culmination for all of those fans to totally enjoy. The more they draw this out, the more it becomes a situation where it's a "oh yeah, did that finally happen" rather than an awesome show landmark. But I get the people who feel like they've had enough angst from this show and can't stomach more.

PitP was on re-run on TNT the other night, and I thought about how the episode was "meh" at best and slightly depressing at worst-and I skipped right over it. I'd hate to end up feeling that way about S6 episodes too.

Also, new competition coming on Thursdays-wonder how/if the impact will show on Bones.

p.s. all you optimists, keep the hope coming. I am a total pessimist and we need a counterpoint to people like me!

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:19 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
joybrennan wrote:J
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
elyon wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

He does literally have alot of different voices coming at him-have you checked his @replies on Twitter?? Yikes.. But it seems the opinions are all the same. *Shrugs* I tweeted back to him that I'd offer to help Twisted Evil
Laughing I was thinking along the lines of the network vs the fans vs the focus groups vs DB vs ED....none of whom have the same opinion. I think his orginal vision has been tammered with so much it's hard. for him to see the next steps. WE see it, because we're outside watching. For him, it's all in his head - with all those other voices, plus the character voices. It is a lot.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next