Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

+42
dddodson
jhi1005
Murphs93
ToZiKa
aardvark508
ReginaPhalange
DONEWITHIT
i_heart_bones
JennyK
hokorii
heirofloki
bailey
dreamerktm411
elyon
NatesMama
geraghtyvl
treble21
SnoopGirl
Pat
crzy4bones
MI_Bonesgirl
TinkonBrink
mereva
HeyHey
Beliskner
recoveringbonesaddict
anteater
Brain&Heart
joybrennan
Page187
gordongordonfan
bones_fanatic19
jsgemini
katharine
dawnsfire
mommahurley
future_anthro
bones206
Lorna Doone
tinkrella
jro54
thatgirl61
46 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP - Page 2 Empty Re: MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

Post by bones_fanatic19 Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:11 pm

As depressing as this is, it was something that we all had some expectation of showing up. While I am not thrilled with the idea of an SO, I am going to try and remain the slightest bit positive and see it as only temporary. As others have said this may just be a lead up to a bigger plan HH has outlined and all our negativity is coming simply because we don't know how the rest of the seson will play out.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP - Page 2 Empty Re: MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:43 pm

*sigh*

Well, if this SO storyline does indeed happen (I'm one of those "hold out till the last minute cause they could be 'BSing' us types [Only admins are allowed to see this image] )... then I'm officially kinda fed up with it myself. I've tried to stay positive, and of course I still LOVE this show. I will always watch it, and I hope it's on MANY more seasons. Of course B/B will get together, (we all know that)... but I'm feeling kinda DONE myself with 'waiting for it.' It seems kinda obvious that they are gonna indeed wait till the 11th hour of series cancellation to even start down that road.

I know that if there is an SO it will be short-lived... (well I should say I would assume it would be!)... and there's a "chance" it could further B and B during season 6... but I'm kinda over the played out SO storyline. Why even have Catherine this season (and not fully develop the relationship?) It makes it seem trite to have another SO now for Booth... kind of a "do-over". Oh well. Maybe I'll feel differently later, but for now I'm kinda "done".
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Page187 Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:45 pm

mommahurley wrote:Yes...HH in response to a tweeter saying "tell me this isn't true" tweeted "YES IT IS".

His answer of "YES IT IS" was to a question about SN playing a part on the last episode of Bonanza. It was not in reference to the spoiler.

Page187

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:51 pm

To Joy Brennan and all of the posters that felt a little more positive because of my posts, I am really sorry. I'm sure a lot of posters are upset with me right now because some of you acknowledged that you felt a little more positive because of my posts and then after I read about the SO thing, I was like, "Oh crap, people are going to sooo pissed at me." I didn't try to avoid the thought of this happening. Some how I expected that this would happen, but I just thought it we should of spend the summer hiatus speculating positively than dread about SOs, but I do kind of feel guilty for getting you're hopes up with my positive posts. I'm just a really optimistic person and I always try to look on the bright side of everything. Very Happy

jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 pm

dawnsfire wrote:I think they're tapping my private correspondence--or a couple threads on this board--because this reminds me of nothing so much as a scenario the King spun about a month or so ago. If Booth is wounded and it has anything to do with Her, then I think Rob should demand royalties!

That said, *whistles softly* can't say as I like it. Nor do I particularly trust HH in any direction, so I shall just wait and see. Besides, no matter what angst they go through, B&B will always come back to each other. I just hope it's not after 10 seasons!

queen
Yeah, it's got the king's evil hands all over it. However, you don't have to worry about it going ten seasons. If this is what they're going with, they may not even make it to seven. Once bitten, twice shy: there is NO WAY I'm sticking around for some X-file-like B.S. - and I doubt I'm the only one. Not saying everyone will feel this way, but, I also know there are people who get what I'm talking about.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Page187 wrote:
mommahurley wrote:Yes...HH in response to a tweeter saying "tell me this isn't true" tweeted "YES IT IS".

His answer of "YES IT IS" was to a question about SN playing a part on the last episode of Bonanza. It was not in reference to the spoiler.

LOL... good to know. I thought him replying to a generic question of "Is this true" would be a little strange, and could mean many things.

But my current feelings still hold IF IF IF they do this SO thing. It's not that it's a huge "shock" (cause people have been expecting it I guess...) but I really thought they wouldn't go down such a silly path again so soon... Maybe it's all rumor... IF it is true then it kinda smacks of desperation. (and a likely plan to push off any solid B/B relationship as long as possible... i.e. until they need a ratings spike in future seasons.)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:11 pm

After I took a step back and thought about it (and I think everyone should before you jump off any cliffs) I started to think about...

-She follows him to D.C., so maybe he didn't really ask her to go or he doesn't really want her to go.
-"They ATTEMPT to be together, but we all know where that goes" probably means that it won't last long.
-Marisa said that it will only be "temporary."
-"under-fire union" to me means that it's probably just about sex and NOT love.

I am sooo annoyed that they are going to do this SO thing again. I think we all kind of expected this to happen, but I am just trying to look on the bright side a little bit. Very Happy
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 pm

everytime i have read something about the SO i have not let it get to me and i just figured it was ony rumours because it had not been completly confirmed.
but now im buying it!

and of course, i'm hating the thought of Booth with another woman!!!

i'm still telling myself that this other woman is not going to do much harm... after all Booth and Brennan belong together and eventually they WILL be together!!!, but still its going to hurt having to watch Brennan watch Booth with another woman after she has come to the realisation that she is in love with Booth and ready to tell him-which im positive that if Booth does come back with a SO then Brennan will have come to this realisation (its what HH would do!!! Twisted Evil)

So im going to try (really, really hard) to stay positive for the timebeing and stick with the thought that obviously there is a reason for this storyline, and not just to prolong B&B being together!!!!

Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:17 pm

joybrennan wrote:
Yeah, it's got the king's evil hands all over it. However, you don't have to worry about it going ten seasons. If this is what they're going with, they may not even make it to seven. Once bitten, twice shy: there is NO WAY I'm sticking around for some X-file-like B.S. - and I doubt I'm the only one. Not saying everyone will feel this way, but, I also know there are people who get what I'm talking about.

As an XFiles alum, I couldn't agree with you more...not going down that road again. Call me when they're in the last five minutes of the last episode.

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by anteater Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:20 pm

so we can't say we didn't expect this. HH and Co. have been hinting (and when I say hinting, I mean "slapping us in the face") since ep. 100 that they are going to pull back from the B&B emphasis the show has taken on. And like other posters have said, we have been predicting this in some form since last season's finale. It is sad how predictable this show has become.

On another note it will be interesting to see where this new reporter stays when she gets back to D.C. I can guarantee you if she follows him back that they have hooked up. Methinks we will get a repeat of Brennan showing up at Booth's place to drop something off and find a half naked, leggy blonde in his place with Booth in a similar state of undress a la Tessa in the second episode of season 1. Cue the reset button we all predicted would happen!
anteater
anteater
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 pm

anteater wrote:so we can't say we didn't expect this. HH and Co. have been hinting (and when I say hinting, I mean "slapping us in the face") since ep. 100 that they are going to pull back from the B&B emphasis the show has taken on. And like other posters have said, we have been predicting this in some form since last season's finale. It is sad how predictable this show has become.

On another note it will be interesting to see where this new reporter stays when she gets back to D.C. I can guarantee you if she follows him back that they have hooked up. Methinks we will get a repeat of Brennan showing up at Booth's place to drop something off and find a half naked, leggy blonde in his place with Booth in a similar state of undress a la Tessa in the second episode of season 1. Cue the reset button we all predicted would happen!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

but yes, i can totally see this!

Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Page187 Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:28 pm

I have to laugh at how quickly the disinformation hotline gets up and running.

People need to take all spoilers with a grain of salt.

As for the SO thing if its just for a short storyline arc I don't mind it. I feel that B&B will get there eventually and I am just going to enjoy the ride. Not a lot of truly good television out there anymore.

Page187

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 pm

anteater / brain&heart...
I actually have to say "ditto". I could see this scenario happening... HOPE it doesn't, but I could see it. And I agree that it would totally be RESET. Maybe a "reset" with a few more pluses (in terms of "longing looks and regret from B/B"...) but still a reset.

*sigh* On the one hand I remember a DB interview where he said something about B/B being farther apart but then it brings them together closer then ever in upcoming season etc... so I WANT to think it means this could be the "farther apart" thing and they could still be much closer during season 6... but the irritated, cynical part of me is winning right now, and I just figure those comments probably mean nothing and it's just "reset" and time to draw out as long possible.

PAGE 187...
I truly hope indeed that this all ends up misinformation. It really doesn't seem anything "confirmed".
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Brain&Heart wrote:
anteater wrote:so we can't say we didn't expect this. HH and Co. have been hinting (and when I say hinting, I mean "slapping us in the face") since ep. 100 that they are going to pull back from the B&B emphasis the show has taken on. And like other posters have said, we have been predicting this in some form since last season's finale. It is sad how predictable this show has become.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

but yes, i can totally see this!

Part of me wants that to happen to see the difference in Brennans reaction then, and Brennans reaction now.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:48 pm

jro54 wrote:Honestly, I'm not upset about this at all. B&B are going to end up together anyways, so why bother freaking out when Booth hooks up with some journalist. Its says "she follows" him back to D.C., but he might not really ask her to go or really want her too. And they "attempt" to be together, but we all know where that goes, so I'm guessing that it's not going to last.

To JoyBrennan and all the posters that kind of started thinking positively because of my posts, I'm really sorry. You can call me nasty names and hate me if you want to, but I also suggest that you should try to pat attention the wording and take a step back and breath.

@ jro54 - Why on earth would I be mad at you? I love you You aren't writing this crap - you were working to keep up morale. Smile

However, that being said - I am definitely back to not watching the season opener. If this really is the way they're going then I'd rather keep my memories of when Bones was AWESOME. See, some things aren't fixable. Someone in a thread a couple of months back, mentioned Sweets comment about how B&B had " missed their moment." Ironic how they can have that concept in the script, but can't see that's what they're creating for their show.

If this really is where they are taking this, frankly, for me, whenever they get together will be anti-climatic and a watered-down version of how the relationship could have been done. Another third party endrun around getting them together is a pointless excerise. Both characters have had the growth needed to move forward - they had it at the hundredth. The work done to get them there has been amazing, but every stall at this point takes away a bit of that beauty. The story of the lover/reporter/whatever who follows Booth home from the war - I don't care. She's a plot device, in a meaningless plot - stall the real relationship. Will Brennan be jealous? Will Booth still look at Brennan longingly? This move completely trivializes the whole B&B relationship dynamic. Yes, we know they get together eventually, because the perils of Penelope eventually has to come to an end. Sadly, if they really are going this route, when B&B do get together, all the emotional connecting stuff will have been buried under a mound of S.O.B.S. and silly plot twists. It will be a scene whose context will be a vauge memory, like Booth's explaination of crappy sex - only it's the writing that's crappy. Sad

@ katherine - I hear ya. As you can tell, if this is the plot they're using, yeah, I AM DONE. silent
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Page187 wrote:

You hit me with this on another forum as well. You obviously don't know how to follow a twitter conversation. Yes on Hart's page the comment "Yes it is" comes right above the conversation with SN about him being on Bonanza, but the comment is not directed to SN...It is directed to another tweeter. If you click on that person's name, you will find her comment to Hart...the one that says..."tell me this isn't so" with a link to the article about the beginning of s6...

Now until you know how to read it correctly..it would be nice if you didn't attack me! I don't post information as fact...if I'm not sure about it!

Now back to this thread.... I'm very upset, not by the fact that we have to suffer through another SO storyline...or that that in itself is trite, contrived and lazy...I'm upset because it's becomming glaringly apparant that the writers of this show...have run out of ideas...and they are resorting to just about anything in order to drag out the uniting of B&B until the last 30 seconds of the last episode of the last season of this show! And that is a huge Turn-Off! sos I don't know if I can take much more.

Thanks

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:05 pm

joybrennan wrote:
jro54 wrote:Honestly, I'm not upset about this at all. B&B are going to end up together anyways, so why bother freaking out when Booth hooks up with some journalist. Its says "she follows" him back to D.C., but he might not really ask her to go or really want her too. And they "attempt" to be together, but we all know where that goes, so I'm guessing that it's not going to last.

To JoyBrennan and all the posters that kind of started thinking positively because of my posts, I'm really sorry. You can call me nasty names and hate me if you want to, but I also suggest that you should try to pat attention the wording and take a step back and breath.

@ jro54 - Why on earth would I be mad at you? I love you You aren't writing this crap - you were working to keep up morale. Smile

However, that being said - I am definitely back to not watching the season opener. If this really is the way they're going then I'd rather keep my memories of when Bones was AWESOME. See, some things aren't fixable. Someone in a thread a couple of months back, mentioned Sweets comment about how B&B had " missed their moment." Ironic how they can have that concept in the script, but can't see that's what they're creating for their show.

If this really is where they are taking this, frankly, for me, whenever they get together will be anti-climatic and a watered-down version of how the relationship could have been done. Another third party endrun around getting them together is a pointless excerise. Both characters have had the growth needed to move forward - they had it at the hundredth. The work done to get them there has been amazing, but every stall at this point takes away a bit of that beauty. The story of the lover/reporter/whatever who follows Booth home from the war - I don't care. She's a plot device, in a meaningless plot - stall the real relationship. Will Brennan be jealous? Will Booth still look at Brennan longingly? This move completely trivializes the whole B&B relationship dynamic. Yes, we know they get together eventually, because the perils of Penelope eventually has to come to an end. Sadly, if they really are going this route, when B&B do get together, all the emotional connecting stuff will have been buried under a mound of S.O.B.S. and silly plot twists. It will be a scene whose context will be a vauge memory, like Booth's explaination of crappy sex - only it's the writing that's crappy. Sad

@ katherine - I hear ya. As you can tell, if this is the plot they're using, yeah, I AM DONE. silent

Very well said!!!
this is what scares me, the fact that when all our hopes and dreams are finally realised (B&B finally together) that we wont remember the loving journey they took to get here... instead all we will remember is the torture we were put through. I dont want this! In all honesty, i agree with Sweets, they missed there chance... but that's only because HH&Co wanted to fart ass around...let's just hope (and pray) that this SO plot device will give them an amazing opotunity to create their own love story!
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Page187 wrote:I have to laugh at how quickly the disinformation hotline gets up and running.

People need to take all spoilers with a grain of salt.

As for the SO thing if its just for a short storyline arc I don't mind it. I feel that B&B will get there eventually and I am just going to enjoy the ride. Not a lot of truly good television out there anymore.

Yes. I def agree. I usually don't believe rumors about SOs, but now, I kind of do. But I am still trying to look on the bright side. If there really is going to be a SO, they will probably only be in less than handful of episodes and get very little screen time. Fans just get so freaked out when they hear about SOs and they spend so much time building up to it, but if you count how many scenes that are about the case, the squints and B&B, the SO will probably only get like 3 scenes. So it is kind of ridiculous freaking out over something like this. That's why SOs don't really bother me anymore, but I am annoyed that HH&Co. couldn't come up with something more interesting to keep B&B apart.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Lorna Doone wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

As an XFiles alum, I couldn't agree with you more...not going down that road again. Call me when they're in the last five minutes of the last episode.

Lorna
Someone who is still watching at that point will have to do the honors of calling -- and that WON'T be me. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm sorry...I was so angry at the end of last season...then I just started to get excited and start looking forward to next season thinking maybe they were going to start on a positive note...get back to something that made this show great...do something that we would absolutely love to win us all back...but this?

This is just trite...overdone...lazy...depressing...and completely without a reason. A year apart...only to return with Bones, having learned nothing...having changed..not at all...and Booth pretty much doing exactly what he did last season with Catfish.

What are they thinking...For me it just feels like the end.

We knew this was coming. Ausiello and Marissa said that someone was coming back with a SO, and Marissa hinted that it would probably be for six episodes.

The sad part for me in all this is the HH did not use the summer hiatus to reevaluate the direction of the show after the negative reaction the finale and the post 100 episodes received from viewers and critics. IMO HH arrogance will continue to be the shows worst enemy. If he doesn't change course soon, then I expect this to be the shows last season. He has alienated too many viewers and he will further alienate those who wanted to give the show one more chance.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

well that was it for me, like their relationship can take another few good hits....how unrealistic having a journalist added to a training unit, trust me it just doesn't work that way...journalist bring negative vibes into a grp.

Ill be back when she is dumped / murdered / killed by shippers / kicked out / turned into a green monster
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:17 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:

I'm sorry...I was so angry at the end of last season...then I just started to get excited and start looking forward to next season thinking maybe they were going to start on a positive note...get back to something that made this show great...do something that we would absolutely love to win us all back...but this?

This is just trite...overdone...lazy...depressing...and completely without a reason. A year apart...only to return with Bones, having learned nothing...having changed..not at all...and Booth pretty much doing exactly what he did last season with Catfish.

We knew this was coming. Ausiello and Marissa said that someone was coming back with a SO, and Marissa hinted that it would probably be for six episodes.

The sad part for me in all this is the HH did not use the summer hiatus to reevaluate the direction of the show after the negative reaction the finale and the post 100 episodes received from viewers and critics. IMO HH arrogance will continue to be the shows worst enemy. If he doesn't change course soon, then I expect this to be the shows last season. He has alienated too many viewers and he will further alienate those who wanted to give the show one more chance.

Ummm...Marisa and Korbi never said that the SO would last 6 episodes. They said that one of the B's would come home with a SO and that it would be "temporary" (which isn't 6 episodes, it's more like 2) and then Korbi said that they had the first 6 episodes written.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 pm

jro54 wrote:
recoveringbonesaddict wrote:

Ummm...Marisa and Korbi never said that the SO would last 6 episodes. They said that one of the B's would come home with a SO and that it would be "temporary" (which isn't 6 episodes, it's more like 2) and then Korbi said that they had the first 6 episodes written.

Thanks for the correction. I had the 6 episode thing in my mind...

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:24 pm

ill be back but not untill I know for sure the paparazzichick will be DISMISSED, I have important stuff to do in september and im not going to dwell or be miserable because of a lame storyline, in the meantime I have 10 seasons of JAG to keep me happy, any suggestions for any other ''solved'' fandoms?
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:43 pm

could someone post the link for where this spoiler came out?
Please Very Happy
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next