Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

+42
dddodson
jhi1005
Murphs93
ToZiKa
aardvark508
ReginaPhalange
DONEWITHIT
i_heart_bones
JennyK
hokorii
heirofloki
bailey
dreamerktm411
elyon
NatesMama
geraghtyvl
treble21
SnoopGirl
Pat
crzy4bones
MI_Bonesgirl
TinkonBrink
mereva
HeyHey
Beliskner
recoveringbonesaddict
anteater
Brain&Heart
joybrennan
Page187
gordongordonfan
bones_fanatic19
jsgemini
katharine
dawnsfire
mommahurley
future_anthro
bones206
Lorna Doone
tinkrella
jro54
thatgirl61
46 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP - Page 10 Empty Re: MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

Post by treble21 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 am

elyon wrote:I have to say one thing before I finally go off and do some work. This whole SO storyline is lame. We all agree. And I am a cynic not an eternal optimist. But from all the other indicators that I've picked up in tweets, interviews and comments since the finale, I really do think that they plan to get B&B together this season. It may not be until near the end of the season but SO's aside, they are moving in that direction. It would take too long to lay out each point of my evidentiary trail but I want to go on record as believing that the time is closer than we think.

I agree vehemently.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP - Page 10 Empty Re: MEGA BUZZ BONES DEPRESSING SCOOP

Post by jro54 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am

treble21 wrote:
elyon wrote:I have to say one thing before I finally go off and do some work. This whole SO storyline is lame. We all agree. And I am a cynic not an eternal optimist. But from all the other indicators that I've picked up in tweets, interviews and comments since the finale, I really do think that they plan to get B&B together this season. It may not be until near the end of the season but SO's aside, they are moving in that direction. It would take too long to lay out each point of my evidentiary trail but I want to go on record as believing that the time is closer than we think.

I agree vehemently.

Me too!
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 am

I AM the eternal optimist and I am still not convinced that we will deal with an SO. It seems so stupid, counterproductive, non-intuitive, and self-destructive for the show. Maybe a stalker like Fat Pam but a true-on, SO relationship just isn't in the cards. My time for considering all this is up in 35 seconds.

Tomorrow will be another day!

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:46 am

Straight from SN's twitter

squarechicken
Who believes these rumors?! How about this one:Booth's mother returns. She's a former Green Baret who is now a one-legged magician. But hot.
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:46 am

i_heart_bones wrote:Straight from SN's twitter

squarechicken
Who believes these rumors?! How about this one:Booth's mother returns. She's a former Green Baret who is now a one-legged magician. But hot.

LOL I believe it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:54 am

So...is he saying they are rumors? because...i doubt that. I wish it were true! But, I still doubt it.

I agree. Tomorrow is another day. I guess we can say welcome to the spoiler season lol I'm sure this wont be the only one we come across as the summer goes on.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:58 am

tinkrella wrote:So...is he saying they are rumors? because...i doubt that. I wish it were true! But, I still doubt it.

I agree. Tomorrow is another day. I guess we can say welcome to the spoiler season lol I'm sure this wont be the only one we come across as the summer goes on.

I think he's saying whatever he can to keep up with the barage of angry tweets he's probably getting. I'm not so sure what to believe, so I'm going with waiting it out till we have more info.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:15 pm

I just want this season to be entertaining, with good cases, nice UST, a little kissing here and there and lots and lots of bickering. I do not want third parties, I DO NOT!!!!!
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ReginaPhalange Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Geez! Gone for a few days and now it's biting me in the behind - what a spoiler I missed!

*runs to read your posts - all 16 pages*

Eh. A post-Catherine girlfriend that's not Bones. Rolling Eyes People, I'm thinking she won't last that long. I'm thinking we'll get surface "I'm-happy-for-you-Booth" support from Brennan, but then we'll get those fabulous longing looks from her directed at Booth and a firm realization on her behalf that she has to take a step forward with him if she wants to keep him as her partner.

I'm HOPING for an angst-filled culmination argument which ends up in terribly LONG OVERDUE lovemaking. heybaby This journalist could be the catalyst and it could potentially happen within an arch of a few (6 or 7?) episodes. These two have got to give into their feelings. sos

I'm keeping a surprisingly open mind. Maybe it'll wear down as the summer goes on, but more spoilers will come and I'll feel better.

ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:31 pm

I want to continue believing in what I wrote earlier: this is all a smoke screen for the real first season 6 episode. If by chance though, that this is not a rumour, I would like to submit my nicknames now for said journalist.... sand worm[Only admins are allowed to see this link] or desert devil [Only admins are allowed to see this link] hehehehe...
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:31 pm

Ok, well I'm not gonna quote Square Chicken's latest tweet and I know he's kidding, but it disturbed me anyway. *sigh*
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:21 pm

bailey wrote:Ok, well I'm not gonna quote Square Chicken's latest tweet and I know he's kidding, but it disturbed me anyway. *sigh*

Oh go ahead, quote him, you mean the one about Booth's new wife........

He then goes on to say handmaiden, etc... I'm sure he's, well, should we say, lying.

I honestly at this point would not put anything past any of them. I have the sneaking suspicion that they think they might have free reign to either abuse their viewers or just plane scare the shit out of us.
I have decided that Booth could bring back a wife and 4 kids at this point and I wouldn't care. Doesn't that just sound awful. It sounds like I want him to be happy and don't care about Brennan. I do, but, I just can't help not wanting to see him misearable anymore. I know that does sound bad, but I'm starting to get so bitter about this show that I have enjoyed for 5 years going round in circles. Watching old season 1, 2, and 3 episodes this week and loving the sheer lust they had for each other, I have missed the great story lines that gave us such fiery characters and foes. I know in hindsight, that since the end of season 4 and the misery and anguish of season 5 I haven't been as happy. Hell, the worst bad buy were the 2 insignificant others. That's not right.....
I don't know what season 6 will bring, but my gut says nothing to happy for awhile. I don't know if I have a while left in me. I need an intervention. Can someone send Booth to Alabama!!!!! I want to be cup half full girl, but I only got a drop left, that's not half full, unless I'm drinking out of a thimble.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:51 pm

JennyK wrote:I have to say Mr. Hanson & his ppl are geniuses, evil but geniuses. Letting out the SO hint right after the end of last season, huge wave of negativity from fans as expected, then real quiet for a period of time, even allowing us to hope there may be a rewrite of the scripts, then BANG, slapping the same old SO spoiler in our face again, and we still got all worked-up & freaked out. What a roller coaster ride! Mr. Hanson, real life is already difficult, who wants to watch a TV show with angst, sadness, disappointment & tears?

I am sad about this so-called spoiler, disappointed to be exact. Not because I am a huge shipper of B&B, and it pains me to watch either one of them with another person, no matter how casual that relationship is, especially Booth, the one who values and understands real love & knows what he wants. The disappointment comes when I realized the uniqueness that drawn me to the show is fading. Bones used to be about funny cases, interesting forensic, lovely characters portrayed by great actors, superb team dynamic & tension, and most importantly the close tie between the case & the development of the characters. In earlier seasons, usually each case will inspire the characters with a new perspective on life & relationship or helps them to reflect on themselves, hence facilitates their character developments. However that strong linkage has gone. It seems to me that the writers are stuck in an embarrassing stage, they know B&B relationship is the core of the show, they played that card since the first episode, so they can’t really end things between them. However they don’t know how to carry on the story if B&B are together, as if Bones is a freaking Disney fairytale, once the lead characters are together, they will live happily ever after & end of story. What about their differences in general values, financial status, religious belief, love, marriage, etc…? Won’t that be interesting angles to explore when they are an item and still work together? And how about booth’s past, throwing him back to war would be a great start to venture into that plot line, but all the writers can come up with is ‘umm… the B&B relationship status quo is a bit dry, let’s throw in a SO to spice things up, it doesn’t matter if that lacks originality’. From there Bones downgrades from a potential classic to a cliché. banghead

I still believe B&B will be together eventually, because they are meant to be (& because this is Hollywood production), hopefully I don’t have to wait until the last scene of the last episode. But as someone has mentioned, these drag on SO BS have tinted the moment when they finally be together. I do think they have missed their moment, but real love deserves second chance, just as depicted in my favorite book Persuasion by Jane Austen. I just doubt whether the Bones writers will have the same caliber as Ms. Austen to pull off such a story so beautifully.

P.S. to Bonesgirl, can’t agree with you more toast

Beautifully said. thumbsup
I think the part of all this that is so sad to me is the destruction of a great love story...when people say, "but I know B&B will get together eventually" I cringe. Yeah, we know that, but it won't be out the characters' growth and self-understanding. It will be because it's sweeps week and the rating have gone down. In otherwords - meaningless. The 100th has already watered down the depth and believablity of their connection, if this spoiler is true the characters' will have become so compromised in their integrity that when they get together...it will just be a couple of hot actors making out. Sad

I really hope the spoiler isn't true. Sad

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:25 pm

See... the Booth's new wife tweet just isn't even funny. That's just a step too far when the fans are already riled up. And he's got a flipping cheek when he's the one who started the 'rumor' about the SO right after the finale anyway. Bah!

Tuning out now. It's just getting more and more ridiculous. Showrunners should be above baiting their fans.

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Haha, well, I thought it was funny. Razz

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 pm

HeyHey wrote:See... the Booth's new wife tweet just isn't even funny. That's just a step too far when the fans are already riled up. And he's got a flipping cheek when he's the one who started the 'rumor' about the SO right after the finale anyway. Bah!

Tuning out now. It's just getting more and more ridiculous. Showrunners should be above baiting their fans.

It's their job to stir things up. It's how they get more viewers! People will still tune in to see if they can say "oh I knew it was true" or "I totally called that this was a fake" Razz
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:30 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:
HeyHey wrote:See... the Booth's new wife tweet just isn't even funny. That's just a step too far when the fans are already riled up. And he's got a flipping cheek when he's the one who started the 'rumor' about the SO right after the finale anyway. Bah!

It's their job to stir things up. It's how they get more viewers! People will still tune in to see if they can say "oh I knew it was true" or "I totally called that this was a fake" Razz

I don't think so. After 5 years, viewers are looking for reasons to continue watching, and when show runners resort to gimmicks or tired plots viewers take notice. The viewers realize that the writers are out of ideas and desperate, and this makes it easy for viewers to simply make the choice to look for other shows (with fresher and more creative ideas). IMO, you can see the writing on the wall.. this will be the last season of Bones.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 pm

heirofloki wrote:Haha, well, I thought it was funny. Razz

I did, too....but then again, I'm not one that's freaking out about the SO or who takes SN and HH's tweets seriously....

There's a quote...."Noone can make you feel inferior without your permission" The same could be said for being "baited" by SN and HH.

I wonder how many people's enjoyment of the show is ruined by spoilers and Twitter. If we were back in the days before the internet, how many folks would still be totally enjoying the show.

Just curious...any Nielsen families on the board?

Last edited by crzy4bones on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:18 pm

SN was joking, pure and simple, no need to take it any other way.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by aardvark508 Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Based on the amount of fan reaction (predictably and justifiably negative) in a very short period of time, the SO ploy is working well. The buzz is intense. The number of annoyed viewers who vow to watch until the end is quite interesting. I think this may be the definition of masochism. The show is about ratings because ratings translate to money. Until the fan displeasure leads to rating dissapointment for the network, we will be fed a steady diet of this stuff (SOs, etc.) because it is working. Personally, I am in the camp that has decided to no longer watch. I can follow the commentary here to see if anything I am interested is happening on show and always rejoin if the writers decide to get back in the season 1-3 mode and drop the current angst drenched, crappy psuedo-plots.

Even more interesting will be to see how Castle will treat their version of the journey to the ends of the earth ploy (even if it was only the Hamptons) when they come back in September. They will have a chance to show some differentiating creativity here for the part of the fan base that watches both shows. It won't take much for Castle to positively set itself apart from Bones over the first 6 weeks of the coming season if the 6 episode SO spoiler is true.

aardvark508

Number of posts : 22
Say What You Want : things are never what they seem
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 pm

aardvark508, this is for you: [Only admins are allowed to see this image] Because you just read my mind. The only difference is that I don't watch Castle and also am not sure if I want to watch the next season at all, not only the first 6 eps with said new gf *brrrrrrr*.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HeyHey Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:48 pm

crzy4bones wrote:
heirofloki wrote:Haha, well, I thought it was funny. Razz

I did, too....but then again, I'm not one that's freaking out about the SO or who takes SN and HH's tweets seriously....

There's a quote...."Noone can make you feel inferior without your permission" The same could be said for being "baited" by SN and HH.

I wonder how many people's enjoyment of the show is ruined by spoilers and Twitter. If we were back in the days before the internet, how many folks would still be totally enjoying the show.

I would like to clarify that my comment was not about me. I do not feel baited, because I don't actually care anymore. My comment was about the other people who are genuinely upset already, who didn't need another push. It makes me laugh a lot that you quoted the 'inferior' quote to me.

Your comment about twitter and internet interests me however because I watched several series without being involved in this way. The X-Files, Lois and Clark and Alias. I think in this case, the internet actually has kept my interest on for longer - fanfic, forums, excellent reviews of the episodes. I didn't have access to any of those or spoilers really with the above series and although I stuck it out, I got to the same point I am at now. It's not just the SO storyline, it's been the whole arc from the 100th.

recoveringbonesaddict, I agree with you. A lot of people are looking for a reason to tune back in. I haven't got that reason yet - even if the spoilers turn out to be untrue, I find my patience has worn thin. And so, I will bid you lovely people goodbye. This isn't a flounce, even if it seems like one. Honestly, it's not. I just don't want to be part of this anymore. As aardvark508 says, I'll be back to watch if these angsty plots go away. But I won't be as 'into' it as I was before. This is probably a good thing. Laughing Laughing Laughing

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Hey, here's your half emty glass again [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this link] alt="" />. Cheers!
(Mine is almost completely empty by now... Crying or Very sad )
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:04 am

Wow-I just caught up on the overnight "storms". Seems HH and SN were a little testy last night, eh? I guess I just see the humor in their tweets-although I see some people took the wife comment seriously. Seriously??
What bothers me is the spoilers come out and instead of admitting to them, or denying them, HH and SN BOTH basically tell the fanbase we are stupid and don't know what's going on. Then they spew off sarcastic tweets to an already pissed off fanbase? Yeah that's not good. Spoilers are what they are. While they are usually very accurate, they only tell one part of the story. We don't know all of the variables leading into the SO storyline. We don't know how serious this relationship will even be. Because honestly-they made a big deal over Catfish-and whatever happened to her? Same with Jared, same with Hacker...You guys get the point.

This storyline still sucks ass. And I don't like it. In fact I vehemently hate it. But the way I look at it we have 2 options, shut up and watch the show, or jump ship. Unfortunately TPTB don't care about complaints. All they care about are the numbers that show up on the ratings list on Thursday nights.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:15 am

HeyHey wrote:
It makes me laugh a lot that you quoted the 'inferior' quote to me.

I didn't quote the inferior thing to you. It was directed to those who took SN and HH's tweets personally or feel disrespected by them....

Hey...in general, in life, I'm a half glass empty girl...well, more like a glass almost empty girl....but if I find something that makes me as miserable as apparently some people are over the end of S5 and rumors of S6, I learned to just remove myself from the situation....

and I have not read the tweets sent to HH and SN...but I can only assume there were some pretty nasty, sarcastic, and snarky ones sent to them so the way I see it...you get as good as you give. You can't attack them and expect for them to be all sunshine and roses in return....

Last edited by crzy4bones on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next