Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

+35
recoveringbonesaddict
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
SJB
flyersfan35
heirofloki
MI_Bonesgirl
crzy4bones
Lyanna Stark
a_rangergrl2
jjrobinson73
empiricist
tinkrella
Meegs82
ddc
agnerka81
treble21
anteater
BonesInOz
BrainySmurf0302
Shelly
queen bess
sera
bones206
Thnx4theGum
sadhbh
Bella Loony
A2BOREANAZ
jonezn4Bones
dawnsfire
G
SnoopGirl
RGPageantqueen
THX1138
Turi ray of sunshine
DBCrazy
39 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown! - Page 16 Empty Re: The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

Post by treble21 Fri May 21, 2010 8:25 pm

You both have valid points, I personally did not hate the episode at all , I was however not a fan of the ending. ( but who knows maybe some time will give me perspective on it.....Suspect ) I do feel that I should mention that neither HH or SN said that dancing in the streets in our underwear comment, it apparently came from some poster on another board that claimed inside knowledge....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown! - Page 16 Empty Re: The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

Post by loserette Fri May 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Just finished watching the epi. And I am kinda indifferent about it. Guess that is not a good thing for a finale episode.
What I am wondering is this: what has HH won with this episode? I mean everyone knows that the show is coming back for a sixth season and everyone knows that B and B have to be working together in some way because otherwise there would be no show. So if they are coming back in September and make a time-jump to a year later, we are exactly at the same point that we have been before the finale...
That episode has not bought HH any time w/ regards to the will-they/ won't-they... Or did it? Where is the new direction/trajetory? If they only meant geographically then yes, but character-wise we are still at the same point... same old same old...

loserette
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 168
Say What You Want : Reality continues to ruin my life. Calvin&Hobbes
Registration date : 2008-10-30

http://notesfromanemotionallyimpaired.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Fri May 21, 2010 10:40 pm

I waited all night to get in here and see what Rob has to say about this mess. And he didn't disappoint. I agree word for word with you Rob. thumbsup
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I waited all night to get in here and see what Rob has to say about this mess. And he didn't disappoint. I agree word for word with you Rob. thumbsup
Thanks. I was so keyed up on this one, not hating the episode for the acting but for the blatant way they manipulated everything and the ham-fisted manner in which they just beat the characters into submission so we'd see what they wanted. For all Hart's talk about how a show and its characters are "organic" and they can't be controlled, he forced the round peg into the square hole about a dozen times tonight. That and the incredibly disappointing ending was just...blech.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Fri May 21, 2010 11:36 pm

@ king
Your review made me Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
You made some very good points. Although I didn't hate it as much as you did.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri May 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Robert, Bonesgirl... may I just KISS you both?!
One for you [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and one for you [Only admins are allowed to see this image] !!!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 11:52 pm

mereva wrote:Robert, Bonesgirl... may I just KISS you both?!
One for you [Only admins are allowed to see this image] and one for you [Only admins are allowed to see this image] !!!
drunken Wow, that was some kiss! You know you do that too often Mer and my gf will get jealous! heybaby

Oh, and you're welcome - I figured I'd make you happy with that one and honestly, I really hated the way they handled that whole episode. It was just...not Bones. Not Bones at all.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat May 22, 2010 12:06 am

mereva wrote:Robert, Bonesgirl... may I just KISS you both?!

Back atcha
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Sat May 22, 2010 3:22 am

THX1138 wrote:
Karlia-Wicked-Witch wrote:I feel like people are utterly obsessed with them kissing... and that's just weird.
Gotta say I don't see how it's weird at all. Booth and Brennan are an epic love story, not a deeply disturbed Brother and Sister from Arkansas. Seriously, they're in love with one another and they're not only going to be separated for a year but they'll both be in dangerous overseas locations? So it's weird that we'd expect them to kiss? I think it's weird that they've regressed to holding hands. Heck, at least a hug. I mean, they were doing that in S1.

king RM

No kiss. A kiss would have given Booth hope and in an episode that was about Booth having to come to terms with the fact that Brennan will never change, a kiss would not have made sense. She’s going to cling to the crap in her past like its treasure until she emotionally starves herself to death buried under it and not a thing he can do about it. Took him 6 years to get that – but hey hopeless romantics have a lot of trouble seeing through those rose colored glasses. And don’t even get me started on her asking to maintain the partnership after shooting down a relationship with him, saying how much it means to her and then taking that away too thing! She’s so afraid he might die but she’ll let him go off to a war zone without asking him not to go? Whatever character growth Brennan had this season, none of it was any that really mattered. (Don’t hit me please!) Arrgh!

Somewhere along the way it looks like TPTB decided not to have Brennan defeat her constant need to run on the strength of emotional growth, but in an assault on her logic. Brenna compartmentalizes – always has. And every time that she comes close to losing the ability to do that, she removes herself from the situation until she can tuck everything back into place. And then she comes back and picks up her life exactly as it always has been, like she never went away. The same actions should always yield the same results. And she’s never had any reason to believe that they won’t here. But…
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 22, 2010 3:36 am

a_rangergrl2 wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
Karlia-Wicked-Witch wrote:I feel like people are utterly obsessed with them kissing... and that's just weird.
Gotta say I don't see how it's weird at all. Booth and Brennan are an epic love story, not a deeply disturbed Brother and Sister from Arkansas. Seriously, they're in love with one another and they're not only going to be separated for a year but they'll both be in dangerous overseas locations? So it's weird that we'd expect them to kiss? I think it's weird that they've regressed to holding hands. Heck, at least a hug. I mean, they were doing that in S1.

king RM

No kiss. A kiss would have given Booth hope and in an episode that was about Booth having to come to terms with the fact that Brennan will never change, a kiss would not have made sense. She’s going to cling to the crap in her past like its treasure until she emotionally starves herself to death buried under it and not a thing he can do about it. Took him 6 years to get that – but hey hopeless romantics have a lot of trouble seeing through those rose colored glasses. And don’t even get me started on her asking to maintain the partnership after shooting down a relationship with him, saying how much it means to her and then taking that away too thing! She’s so afraid he might die but she’ll let him go off to a war zone without asking him not to go? Whatever character growth Brennan had this season, none of it was any that really mattered. (Don’t hit me please!) Arrgh!

Somewhere along the way it looks like TPTB decided not to have Brennan defeat her constant need to run on the strength of emotional growth, but in an assault on her logic. Brenna compartmentalizes – always has. And every time that she comes close to losing the ability to do that, she removes herself from the situation until she can tuck everything back into place. And then she comes back and picks up her life exactly as it always has been, like she never went away. The same actions should always yield the same results. And she’s never had any reason to believe that they won’t here. But…
Yeah, the problem I have with that scene though is it was so built up around a kiss or something like it and holding hands? What the hell was that? That's not them, not at all - so I can agree about the kiss, a kiss would have been too much, but a hug - or more accurately a "guy hug" - would have been the way to go. It would have been them and it would have made the scene more meaningful.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat May 22, 2010 3:42 am

I thought the moment was perfectly charged for a kiss, but a hug, esp with all that emotion packed into it, would have satisfied me just fine (after the credits rolled Very Happy ). I agree with my King that the hand-holding alone was rather lame, all things considered. Brennan's advanced quite a bit and the heart guy should have been all over this, as well--unless he's still trying to distance himself. Hmmm...

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by happylama2 Sun May 23, 2010 12:13 am

So the hand holding was pretty significant, and most people seem to hate it, but I kinda think it was the right move for this (boring, shallow, pretty crazy and crappy) epi. Close up of their hands, holding on... and letting go. That's what this is about, right?

DB has said in interviews that he thinks it would be cool if Brennan is ready and then Booth is not. ED has said that season 6 might finally be the season that Brennan lets herself go. I put 2 and 2 together and get about 38, and guess that Brennan is going to pursue the relationship in her own awkward way, and Booth is going to have let her go. (No offense to DB, but that won't fly for long, fangirls want a guy in love, not a guy in aloof, we've got plenty of those in real life.)

I guess that they might get together in season 7. Just puttin' my money down in the pool Smile

happylama2
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun May 23, 2010 12:39 am

happylama2 wrote:So the hand holding was pretty significant, and most people seem to hate it, but I kinda think it was the right move for this (boring, shallow, pretty crazy and crappy) epi. Close up of their hands, holding on... and letting go. That's what this is about, right?
I just found the hand holding to be incredibly lame given the intensity of the emotions and the fact that it's just not their thing - a hug would have been perfect, a kiss would have been too much buuut, honestly, my shipper heart would've loved it. The hand holding? Like kissing my sister.

DB has said in interviews that he thinks it would be cool if Brennan is ready and then Booth is not. ED has said that season 6 might finally be the season that Brennan lets herself go. I put 2 and 2 together and get about 38, and guess that Brennan is going to pursue the relationship in her own awkward way, and Booth is going to have let her go. (No offense to DB, but that won't fly for long, fangirls want a guy in love, not a guy in aloof, we've got plenty of those in real life.)

I guess that they might get together in season 7. Just puttin' my money down in the pool Smile
I think the first half is right, I can see Brennan deciding to pursue Booth and Booth rebuffing her because he's not convinced she's serious or because he was hurt so badly before that he doesn't want to risk it again. So yeah, end of S6 or sometime in S7 they could begin to get together. Could happen.

Now about those fangirls - well let me just say as a fanboy I'm tired of Booth carrying the torch and Brennan getting to do whatever she wants. Let him be the pursued for once, let her do some running after him - it'll be a nice change of pace and it'll be good for her to know what she's been missing.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sun May 23, 2010 3:12 am

It is definitely time for Brennan to be the chaser and Booth the chasee. And if he is in a relationship with someone else when she decides she wants him, then she is going to have her work cut out for her, because Booth has shown that he doesn't give up relationships easily.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by happylama2 Sun May 23, 2010 4:06 am

crzy4bones wrote:It is definitely time for Brennan to be the chaser and Booth the chasee. And if he is in a relationship with someone else when she decides she wants him, then she is going to have her work cut out for her, because Booth has shown that he doesn't give up relationships easily.

LOL! That is great. Honestly, though, it's an interesting concept, because I think that the only romantic relationship that he hasn't bailed out on with complete good cheer is the one with Brennan. We know that he tried with Rebecca, but not how hard, so I'll skip that one.

1. Tessa. Evaporated, to my knowledge.
2. Cam. Dumped her after the poisoning, the famous "line" episode.
3. Catherine. Hey.... what the H*ll happened to Catherine? Oh, right, no one cares, they went on "two dates" and she was a lame plot device.

Anyway, Brennan expresses displeasure with a gf for longer than a couple of minutes and the girl is toast. It would be interesting to see if Booth was even able to walk away from 6 years of "knowing" and refuse if she crooked her little finger. I also think it would be out of character for Brennan to pursue him if he were happy in another relationship.

It WON'T happen, but two interesting plot devices would be: Booth sticking by an UNhappy replationship and Brennan in love with him and pursuing and Booth and Brennan in a relationship without sex. I know, I know, they are already in a relationship without sex, but I can so see Booth "taking things slowly" with Brennan to set apart their relationship and eventual roll in the hay from all the sating of biological urges that she has done in the past. Talk about UST; that particular plot line would be smokin' hot. Very Happy

happylama2
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by happylama2 Sun May 23, 2010 4:08 am

Oops, as I reread my post, I just want to put out there that I do not condone cheating or attempting to break up relationships. Just a p.s.

happylama2
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun May 23, 2010 5:12 am

*Whines and stomps feet* But WHY do we have to have a chaser and a chasee?? WHY is this so hard???? banghead
Sorry I've been hanging out with my 5 year old all day.... Embarassed
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Wed May 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to for the weekly recaps this year. I watched the first 3 episodes of the season but gave the show up after that (thanks alot Hart!!). I have, however, come here each week to read ya'll recaps and thoughts. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedules to do them!!
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sadhbh Thu May 27, 2010 2:56 am

moonlightbones wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to for the weekly recaps this year. I watched the first 3 episodes of the season but gave the show up after that (thanks alot Hart!!). I have, however, come here each week to read ya'll recaps and thoughts. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedules to do them!!

Totally seconded.

I <3 you guys, 110%. AND, you always made good on the lack of spoilers which was so appreciated by this spoiler free gal.

I sort of checked out of Bones this season. I watched, but it didn't have my interest in the same way it did before, which made me a bit sad. But every so often, if I thought an episode was particularly good or bad, I would pop my head in here to see what the general concensus was. I've really enjoyed reading thought-provoking and detailed analysis and opinions on the episodes Smile

Thanks xx
sadhbh
sadhbh
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 2966
Say What You Want : Must. Resist. Spoilers!!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu May 27, 2010 3:02 am

It was generally my pleasure! Some were harder to write about than others of course, but overall I was glad to have the chance. Glad you enjoyed them.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 27, 2010 3:06 am

On behalf of myself and my Queen I'd just like to say thanks to both of y'all for that. It does mean a lot, I know Dawn and I both love doing the IS as much, sometimes more, than the show itself so we love knowing you guys get something out of it too. We're already thinking of ways to improve on them for next year...something more along the lines of "Point-Counterpoint" maybe? I could see her saying "Rob you ignorant slut..." Wink

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu May 27, 2010 3:18 am

THX1138 wrote:On behalf of myself and my Queen I'd just like to say thanks to both of y'all for that. It does mean a lot, I know Dawn and I both love doing the IS as much, sometimes more, than the show itself so we love knowing you guys get something out of it too. We're already thinking of ways to improve on them for next year...something more along the lines of "Point-Counterpoint" maybe? I could see her saying "Rob you ignorant slut..." Wink

king RM
Rolling Eyes *smacks the back of your head* Like I'd ever say that!

queen

idiot... hug
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 27, 2010 3:27 am

dawnsfire wrote:
THX1138 wrote:On behalf of myself and my Queen I'd just like to say thanks to both of y'all for that. It does mean a lot, I know Dawn and I both love doing the IS as much, sometimes more, than the show itself so we love knowing you guys get something out of it too. We're already thinking of ways to improve on them for next year...something more along the lines of "Point-Counterpoint" maybe? I could see her saying "Rob you ignorant slut..." Wink

king RM
Rolling Eyes *smacks the back of your head* Like I'd ever say that!

queen

idiot... hug
Hey! *rubs back of head* Watch the melon there lady!

Women's equality was never supposed to be that painful!

Hmm, I seem to have lost my crown - someone find it for me? The Queen knocked it 'round my pate!

RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu May 27, 2010 3:37 am

*whistles softly* Who me?

queen

pssst...anyone want to buy a crown?
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu May 27, 2010 3:45 am

dawnsfire wrote:*whistles softly* Who me?

queen

pssst...anyone want to buy a crown?
My Queen is unduly proud of herself it seems, I can hear her cackling e'en now!

sultan RM

I borrowed the turban from my cousin Dishwalla, who asked after you by the way. Seems he's got space in his hareem.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next