Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

+35
recoveringbonesaddict
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
SJB
flyersfan35
heirofloki
MI_Bonesgirl
crzy4bones
Lyanna Stark
a_rangergrl2
jjrobinson73
empiricist
tinkrella
Meegs82
ddc
agnerka81
treble21
anteater
BonesInOz
BrainySmurf0302
Shelly
queen bess
sera
bones206
Thnx4theGum
sadhbh
Bella Loony
A2BOREANAZ
jonezn4Bones
dawnsfire
G
SnoopGirl
RGPageantqueen
THX1138
Turi ray of sunshine
DBCrazy
39 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown! Empty The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

Post by DBCrazy Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:27 pm

It's just about time for the Season 5 Premiere! I can hardly wait ... all I can say is "I wish I was a Canadian!!" Argh!

For those of you not familiar with The Inkslinger, it's two of our own going at it in a showdown, reviewing the newest episode of Bones. In times past it's been willgirl and AnabelleG, but they're both propping their spurs on the table this season so we've brought in a couple new hired guns for the showdown.

I'm pleased to announce our new Inkslingers ...
dawnsfire (aka queen ) and THX1138 (aka king RM)

Inkslinger is kind of a nod to the gunslingers of the Old West,
so don't let those royal smilies throw you off!

Here's hoping we have a wonderful season of Bones for these two to sling the ink over.

I can almost smell the jiffypop now!
This is gonna be good! Twisted Evil
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown! Empty Re: The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:04 am

Hopefully king RM takes into account that some of us don't have as an extended vocab as he does and doesn't use BIG WORDS TOO TOO much! lol!

But I think just in case an English Dictionary or Google will need to be open and at handy Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown! Empty Re: The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:15 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:Hopefully king RM takes into account that some of us don't have as an extended vocab as he does and doesn't use BIG WORDS TOO TOO much! lol!

But I think just in case an English Dictionary or Google will need to be open and at handy Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
No guarantees Turi, you know it really depends on my mood at the time though I must say that I do tend to warm to the task when it comes to venting my spleen on HH. I guess that means you'd better hope M. Hanson not write any crap episodes like DDotDD and you won't have to worry about my perspicacious commentary. (see, only one nickel word there) Oh, and pack a Roget's Thesaurus - if he really pisses me off I'm going to go long ball on his ass and everyone will pay the price. Twisted Evil

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:26 am

leave it to the King and queen to do the dirty work. I'm so excited for Thursday. God I can't believe that's tomorrow. It seems like so long and not so long at all that it's been the end of season 4... I can't stop grinning like an idiot. LOL. I have written in my planner. Tomorrow it will have big letters, BONESDAY!

I'm so obsessed, we were talking about it in class today, We were initially talking about Family Guy and I mentioned that Stewie was in Critic. Apparently a lot of people watched that episode just for stewie and were completely confused by the whole episode.... Stupid people. Smile
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:45 am

THX1138 wrote:- if he really pisses me off I'm going to go long ball on his ass and everyone will pay the price. Twisted Evil

king RM

I think we should all take that as a warning; and we shall have your 'hiding' chamber ready for you Your Majesty! lol! JUST IN CASE!!!!!! Razz
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:24 am

Turi ray of sunshine wrote:Hopefully king RM takes into account that some of us don't have as an extended vocab as he does and doesn't use BIG WORDS TOO TOO much! lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
And he has to remember that this board is mainly women and some of us just might forget the case and anything else that happens in the other 40 minutes of showtime if Booth comes out of the shower in a towel Cool
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:24 am

Looking forward to the Showdown cheers

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:42 am

SnoopGirl wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
And he has to remember that this board is mainly women and some of us just might forget the case and anything else that happens in the other 40 minutes of showtime if Booth comes out of the shower in a towel Cool

lol! oh he will DEFINITELY need the "hidden Chamber" lol!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:45 am

perspicacious -
Meaning? I can't even pronounce it No

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:48 am

SnoopGirl wrote:

That's why there are Gender Equity laws snoop - I mean it's only fair. You put Brennan in a tank top and I could be a drooling wreck yet all y'all still expect me to soldier on and do the job. Nope, sorry, no excuses, no caveats, no changies and certainly no take backs. Nope, nothing short of DB doing full frontal will earn you ladies a reprieve (and then only because I'll be shouting "My EYES! My EYES!" at the same time all y'all are drooling over him).

king RM

Brennan in a tank top - Season One, the Pilot, Scene: She's in her apartment asleep when she awakes to a noise. Grabbing the baseball bat she skulks down the hallway until she detects the intruder. Skulking+Baseball Bat+Tank Top = Heaving Breasts. I'm not gonna say I've committed the scene to memory but the tank top was black with spaghetti straps and her bra is a tan demi-cup. Zack was right, the eco-warrior look definitely works for her.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:49 am

SnoopGirl wrote:

Snoop, that's why you and I have such a problem with all that trivial stuff. We're too busy looking at Booth!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:50 am

... but Dawn will see it from our perspective!! Go Dawn!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RGPageantqueen Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:51 am

What is Eco-warrior?
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:53 am

SnoopGirl wrote:perspicacious -
Meaning? I can't even pronounce it No
per⋅spi⋅ca⋅cious  /ˌpɜrspɪˈkeɪʃəs/ [pur-spi-key-shuhs]

–adjective 1. having keen mental perception and understanding; discerning: to exhibit perspicacious judgment.

king RM

I didn't think my word choice would be that big an issue, but this is what you get when you hire a classically educated IT professional with a lit minor to do the job. I mean I can always include a "Build Your Word Power" section in my reviews complete with dictionary references if you think it'd help. Actually, consider it done.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 am

THX1138 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

That's why there are Gender Equity laws snoop - I mean it's only fair. You put Brennan in a tank top and I could be a drooling wreck yet all y'all still expect me to soldier on and do the job. Nope, sorry, no excuses, no caveats, no changies and certainly no take backs. Nope, nothing short of DB doing full frontal will earn you ladies a reprieve (and then only because I'll be shouting "My EYES! My EYES!" at the same time all y'all are drooling over him).

king RM

Brennan in a tank top - Season One, the Pilot, Scene: She's in her apartment asleep when she awakes to a noise. Grabbing the baseball bat she skulks down the hallway until she detects the intruder. Skulking+Baseball Bat+Tank Top = Heaving Breasts. I'm not gonna say I've committed the scene to memory but the tank top was black with spaghetti straps and her bra is a tan demi-cup. Zack was right, the eco-warrior look definitely works for her.

*types while laughing*
OMG I am SOOOOOOOO glad BM isn't here!!! THAT has me CRACKING UP!!!!! LOL LOL LOL oh I can't take it!! TOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:04 am

RGPageantqueen wrote:What is Eco-warrior?
Eco-warrior is a reference to clothing style favored radical enviromentalists who protest the destruction of the environment while living off a trust fund set up by their parents.

The look itself is a sort of crunchy granola/seattle grunge combo - jeans, flannel, natural fibers, earth tones, native american or aboriginal jewelry, etc.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by G Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:15 am

THX1138 wrote:
RGPageantqueen wrote:What is Eco-warrior?
Eco-warrior is a reference to clothing style favored radical enviromentalists who protest the destruction of the environment while living off a trust fund set up by their parents.

The look itself is a sort of crunchy granola/seattle grunge combo - jeans, flannel, natural fibers, earth tones, native american or aboriginal jewelry, etc.

king RM
Ouch there RM!! This is already cracking me up! Can't wait for more....
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:52 am

THX1138 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:

king RM

You have a great sense of humour - LOVE IT!
Cool

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 am

DBCrazy wrote:... but Dawn will see it from our perspective!! Go Dawn!
I'll certainly try. But should we all be so lucky as to have a naked view of one Seeley Booth (front or back--I'm not picky), my brains might just turn into slush as well. Laughing Booth in a towel, well, then I think I can soldier on while wiping drool from my chin. After all, I didn't have a complete breakdown in S1 or 2, what with all those shots of him in bed, wearing nothing but briefs (or was that boxer-briefs? I wasn't paying attention Razz ), and the rest.

And I don't write down, either, though my preferred word choice is perhaps not as florid or high-falutin' as the King's!

queen

And should we have a naked shot of Booth, my review will be 24 hours late, to give me time to head over to the public computers and rewatch! I can steel myself for a 2nd viewing. Very Happy
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 am

dawnsfire wrote:I'll certainly try. But should we all be so lucky as to have a naked view of one Seeley Booth (front or back--I'm not picky), my brains might just turn into slush as well. Laughing Booth in a towel, well, then I think I can soldier on while wiping drool from my chin. After all, I didn't have a complete breakdown in S1 or 2, what with all those shots of him in bed, wearing nothing but briefs (or was that boxer-briefs? I wasn't paying attention Razz ), and the rest.
I believe we've seen him in both briefs and boxer-briefs - which is odd because I always figured him for a boxer man myself.
And I don't write down, either, though my preferred word choice is perhaps not as florid or high-falutin' as the King's!
You know a lesser man would get a complex the way all y'all keep talkin' about me. I suddenly find myself sorely tempted to go all out and then post a vocab sheet with my review for those in need.
And should we have a naked shot of Booth, my review will be 24 hours late, to give me time to head over to the public computers and rewatch! I can steel myself for a 2nd viewing. Very Happy
My Queen, should that day come I shall screen capture it for you and post the resulting pictue as my review.

king RM

It goes without saying that should there ever even be a side shot of Em that shows sufficient skin that I will be out of commission for a while as well, but back or front nudity? Fuggedaboutit. The higher centers of my brain will simply cease for lack of blood flow.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:53 am

He has worn boxers--and I think this is the major scene everyone who writes him in gaudy ones takes their inspiration from--during Man/Fallout Shelter, while they're getting their shots. He's wearing Christmas boxers. Anybody else think of another time?

My Queen, should that day come I shall screen capture it for you and post the resulting pictue as my review.
That would be a sufficient review all on it's own! "What he said!" would probably be mine.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:47 pm

dawnsfire wrote:He has worn boxers--and I think this is the major scene everyone who writes him in gaudy ones takes their inspiration from--during Man/Fallout Shelter, while they're getting their shots. He's wearing Christmas boxers. Anybody else think of another time?

That would be a sufficient review all on it's own! "What he said!" would probably be mine.

queen
Season Two, Episode 5 - The Truth in the Lye - he's wearing briefs when he goes to the bathroom after having a nooner with Rebecca. You know I'm suddenly struck by the mere presence of what can only be called an underwear gap. This is patently unfair! Emily hasn't been in her underwear ONCE so far in the entire series while Booth goes about prancing around in his scivvies like some natruist gone wild! I demand equity! I demand parity! We must not allow an underwear gap!

king RM

A no-prize for anyone who can guess what movie I am paying an homage to with that last line.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:01 pm

THX1138 wrote:
dawnsfire wrote:He has worn boxers--and I think this is the major scene everyone who writes him in gaudy ones takes their inspiration from--during Man/Fallout Shelter, while they're getting their shots. He's wearing Christmas boxers. Anybody else think of another time?

queen
Season Two, Episode 5 - The Truth in the Lye - he's wearing briefs when he goes to the bathroom after having a nooner with Rebecca. You know I'm suddenly struck by the mere presence of what can only be called an underwear gap. This is patently unfair! Emily hasn't been in her underwear ONCE so far in the entire series while Booth goes about prancing around in his scivvies like some natruist gone wild! I demand equity! I demand parity! We must not allow an underwear gap!

king RM

A no-prize for anyone who can guess what movie I am paying an homage to with that last line.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm I think maybe your brain was NOT functioning properly Robert! while they were showing TEiTB! what about the flash of bra? during their supposed love scene?
tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk lol!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:10 pm

THX1138 wrote:

queen

king RM

Robert, I think you need to recruit a few more male viewers to the show before anyone's going to take your plight seriously. Until then you just have to realize that you have chosen to chart your course in a female-dominated universe, with all the incumbant orbital disruptions that may cause you.

... believe me, I know it does Wink and you bear it so well!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:27 pm

The Pilot's pretty close, if you listen to the commentary during your favorite scene. They promised her she wouldn't have to wear that kind of thing either very much (thinking of Wonder Woman; she popped out of that as much as out of the camisole, if you ask me) or ever again. Just another thing for you to get mad at HH about... Wink

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next