Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

+35
recoveringbonesaddict
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
SJB
flyersfan35
heirofloki
MI_Bonesgirl
crzy4bones
Lyanna Stark
a_rangergrl2
jjrobinson73
empiricist
tinkrella
Meegs82
ddc
agnerka81
treble21
anteater
BonesInOz
BrainySmurf0302
Shelly
queen bess
sera
bones206
Thnx4theGum
sadhbh
Bella Loony
A2BOREANAZ
jonezn4Bones
dawnsfire
G
SnoopGirl
RGPageantqueen
THX1138
Turi ray of sunshine
DBCrazy
39 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown! - Page 15 Empty Re: The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

Post by tinkrella Sat May 15, 2010 4:14 am

I'm gonna have to "fourth" it. lol Usually there are parts of your analysis I disagree with but no. This was dead on and I appreciate you saying you were wrong about booth moving on. Surprised

This episode was simply amazing. I can't get over how good it was.

Could this be the one Hart told us we'd be wanting to kill him over? I mean as great as it was...it's gonna go down as one of those I can't watch over and over because it's just too darn angsty and emotional.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown! - Page 15 Empty Re: The Inkslingers - The Season 5 Showdown!

Post by THX1138 Sat May 15, 2010 6:20 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
treble21 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:@ king
I agree with everything you wrote 2Tup

Seconded.

Thirded. Is that even a word?? scratch
It is now. Smile Thanks though, to all of you. Thanks Snoop, Treb, Bonesgirl, it was a difficult review to write because it was a hard show to watch more than once. But totally worth it, even if I ended up with a nervous stomach afterwards. Rolling Eyes

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat May 15, 2010 6:26 am

tinkrella wrote:I'm gonna have to "fourth" it. lol Usually there are parts of your analysis I disagree with but no. This was dead on and I appreciate you saying you were wrong about booth moving on. Surprised
Hey, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm man enough to admit it on those rare occasions when it happens. Very Happy Seriously though, I look back at it all and I'd stand by every observation I made because it wasn't until this episode that it became clear just how wrong I was. I was dealing with once facet of the issue, now I can see the whole problem and yes, I was way, way off base.

This episode was simply amazing. I can't get over how good it was.
Agreed, best episode of the season, probably of the entire series. Just...wow.

Could this be the one Hart told us we'd be wanting to kill him over? I mean as great as it was...it's gonna go down as one of those I can't watch over and over because it's just too darn angsty and emotional.
Think how I felt, I watched it THREE times just to get all my observations down and to nail the quotes. Three times! By the end I was nearly heart sick from watching Booth's face crumble as Brennan rode off in the cab. *shakes head* I'm booking my ticket to Hollywierd now so I can get the jump on beating sense into HH and SN after what I presume will be next weeks disaster of epic proportions (for B&B shippers that is).

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sat May 15, 2010 6:56 am

Boy with the Answer

My secret source advised me to watch this with a box of tissues and chocolate at hand. I will say s/he wasn’t far wrong. Major ep, major, major, major! I will say some of the legal stuff was a little lost on me, so I probably missed some of the finer points.

Yeah, yeah, late again… Rolling Eyes Let’s just say there is more than one person around here burning the candle at both ends, shall we, and leave it at that? Embarassed Sleep I can’t even blame the usual suspects--I fell asleep all on my own! Embarassed

Case

Not the usual case, but then, we knew that.

We open with proof that Brennan does suffer from nightmares and she can and is disturbed by things. Moving into the early steps of the Gravedigger trial, we find that Taffett is representing herself, and Caroline is taking on the challenge of a very weak case. The trial will go on, but Taffett can’t help but taunt Brennan as she is led away from the courtroom--that for all her brilliance, she couldn’t find a simple number! A piece of evidence they should have caught…

The Squints go crazy looking for this number, but it’s Booth who finds the one anomaly--a phone number in Salt Lake City. It turns out to be GPS code for the location of the one body never found--that of a 10 year old boy named Terrence Gilroy. They dig him up, but before they start to examine the body, Caroline informs them that as victims, they will not be permitted to also be expert witnesses. Brennan promptly waives her charge and incidentally Hodgins’ as well, though I am unsure if their charges were linked or separate. Booth follows suit, all of them deciding or being persuaded that being able to put Taffett in jail will suffice, even if it’s not for their specific cases.

The trial continues and the team frantically searches for new evidence tying Terrence to Taffett. At every step, she seems to have out-thought all of them, including Caroline. There is always a defense, and she plays to the jury, trying to make our heroes out to be incompetent, untrustworthy, and holding a grudge in which she is simply a convenient scapegoat.

Until Hodgins finds a dust mite in between the boy’s teeth, where he had bitten his assailant. The mite had a bellyful of Taffett’s DNA, unfortunately in a very small sample, and the test cannot be duplicated. She is blindsided by that, but only for a moment. But it’s enough, especially when combined with Brennan’s increasingly impassioned testimony.

Much to Taffett’s amazement, she is convicted of kidnapping and murder, both federal charges. But she doesn’t go quietly. On her way out of the courtroom, she threatens Brennan so quietly that no one else hears it.

And along the way, Brennan makes a couple statements to Booth about being tired of the life, which only give him one more thing to worry about. Though the mood is lightened by the announcement of Angela and Hodgins’ marriage.

Characters

Brennan--clearly, her masking ability is in full force here; the only difference is that we can see how and when she switches it on, even if no one else does. I wonder how long she’s suffered from nightmares like this? But this is how she seeks her revenge…she doesn’t care if it’s on her behalf or not, so long as Taffett goes down. She is also jealous of Taffett in a weird, warped way. The other woman is brilliant and amoral and detached…the latter being something Brennan no longer is, and she fears it’s a disadvantage now. “Maybe I’ve lost my advantage because of all the people I’m involved with.” This is the first time she’s truly questioned that process in a long time, if ever. Not to mention her pride’s been roused (“She was laughing at me, Booth. I can’t let her win.”). It’s a slow downwards spiral, emotionally, and looking back, we can see traces of it in some of the previous episodes.
Her appreciation of Booth also dropping the charges is genuine. And her…generosity? Unselfishness? Self-deprecation? Is more than apparent since she never tells Booth of what happens to her in the nightmares.
And she’s tired, tired of the constant flow of murders, victims, sadness, pain, etc, etc. Sully’s prophecy (“There's more to life than, than corpses and murderers. You know, we do this job for too long, we get warped.” Boneless Bodies) has come true, more or less. Though she really wasn’t caught up in it the way she says, as I recall!
Decent moment with Max at the end, though--still some separation issues, I’d guess. And her comment about part of her wishing he had done it--that’s her share of the "Brennan criminal element!" Laughing
I feel as though her flash when Booth talks about Parker biting someone is something we haven’t seen a while; her ability to suddenly, intuitively connect the dots to form a whole new picture.
And please note, she never answered that “see you tomorrow?” nor waved at him from the cab. Not at all promising.
And what was with those incredibly high heels?

Booth--we still get a taste of cop Booth (and did you see his gun? *swoon*) and protective Booth (“you gotta eat, Bones”). When Angela says they got married out of love, Booth looks straight at Brennan. Hmmm…moved on? Don’t think so. Here’s how I see it. After weeks of trying to get his feet under him emotionally, he’s reached a point where he thinks he’s secure. They’re partners, they’re friends, he’ll still do anything for her, she’ll do a lot for him--and don’t think he isn’t touched that she lets him in enough to tell about her nightmares. (I do think that’s big.) But in her utter blunt honesty, she rattles even that, with her comments about being tired and needing a lot more time than a simple vacation. He is desperate to keep the new status quo--consider his comparison of the trial to a root canal (personally, I would say it had to feel more like major oral surgery…wisdom teeth, perhaps), among other things. Despite the overall seriousness of the entire ep, his smile is somewhat more prominent as he tries to comfort her and jolly her out of her doldrums.
(Though being the one who tells her to take a vacation may backfire--in his own eyes, at least)
Am I the only who thinks that some of his reassurances come off sounding almost parental, though? His tone in her office when he says something along the lines of “sure” or “of course” sounds much the way I used to talk to my nephews.
Loved that he arrested Max--again.

As for the B&B relationship, there are no real romantic moments (shipper moments are different). Booth is comforting and bolstering and bracing, and Brennan is willing to let him try. But you can see the stress lines--and they are not the expected ones. It’s the strain and stress and wear and tear that will pull them apart if anything will, and that has less to do with what happened in the 100th episode than we might think. Oh, that added to it, but is hardly the main cause.
(and that comment about “your girlfriend”? Interesting that he barely calls Caroline on that.)
They are fairly touchy-feely, too--holding hands in the courtroom and all--just wanted to point that out. It was an instinctive grab on both their parts when the first verdict was read out.

Hodgins--he’s the same obsessed guy we saw in Hero, mixed with the frantic guy at the end of Aliens. He wants his revenge, he wants it now, and by now he would prefer to see it bloody. He comes as close to threatening Brennan as we’ve ever seen him; if her plan fails, he will see to it that she pays. No, he didn’t say that, but it is implicit in his muttered comment about “it had better work.” Since it did, we are left to speculate on what he might have actually done…but I think at that point, he would have capable of a great many things.
All that said, he is not the master of his emotions that Booth and Brennan are, and how he feels is written pretty large on his face throughout the entire trial. He’s having a hard time holding it together, and we can see exactly how he was tied into Angela and why it hit him so hard--she had been a major support, which suddenly disappeared on him. We never did hear when he stole the evidence destroyed in Hero; I rather think now it was after their break-up. I do appreciate his ability finally to admit the grip the whole thing has on him, of course now personalized by Taffett. But it doesn’t affect his work, as he does find the dust mite that is the key to the entire thing.
And with his public (and perfect) acknowledgement of their marriage, he is able to regain/take back control over that part of his life.

Angela--we learn something about her educational background, and that even back then she had some interest in computers, not to mention plenty of patents pending (wonder if she ever got the one on the original Angelator?). She is justly proud of her achievements. No matter how our feelings about her may have shifted, she didn’t deserve to be shredded on the witness stand like that--and she really wasn’t equipped to handle that.
On the other hand, she was Hodgins’ rock, there for him continuously, and kudos for that!
Her hair is different--reflection of how things have changed?
(oh, and Angela, do be careful what you wish for next time…not safe to throw out challenges like that!)

Cam--she knows her role in this circus, and times like this, when she can’t do it, it’s a strain on her. These are her people, and her loyalty is more than plain. From the beginning, she has been behind the team, even when there were personality clashes. Now, it’s far more personal; they are her friends as well as co-workers and subordinates. But like Hodgins, she does come through in the clutch.

Sweets--light presence; almost just so they could say he was there. However, I repeat, he’s growing up nicely. He tried to help Cam when she struggles with the amorphousness of the case and reveals he has similar feelings on the issue.

Caroline--she has developed a soft spot for the team, for I think her pragmatic side would normally have her not pursuing the case, one look at Booth, Brennan, and Hodgins has her changing her mind and taking it on, no matter the odds. And she has developed camaraderie with them--a far cry from the woman who despised squints in the very beginning!

Heather Taffett--they say a person who is her own lawyer has only a fool for a client. Not quite true in this case, as the puppet-master had everything planned out in advance, a counter for everything, including a way to tie their hands to keep them from testifying as experts. And she’s a scary and arrogant woman, too. I can’t think of too many other people who have managed to actually frighten Temperance Brennan like that. She’s an excellent lawyer, too, even having Caroline on the run more than once.

Max--good Lord, never get between a man and his daughter! I wouldn’t have expected him to go after Taffett with a sniper rifle. I did expect trouble (and so did Booth, you could tell), but not that. I suppose that’s how he avoided getting arrested for so long--never having a single MO. Think about it--he’s had someone killed in prison, personally killed and gutted and burned two people, and now was going to use a rifle. On a lighter note, his casual comment about being out of town for a few days (aka jail) is pretty good, not to mention leaving Booth with the bill.

Random Impressions

That was a hell of a nightmare! *shudder* (even if Booth--voice and otherwise--didn’t seem right)

GD’s voice for the boy’s ransom sounds different yet again. Can you alter a scrambler like that? I suppose so… And she must have changed her MO after Terrence, opting for a method that incapacitates her victims (aka the stun gun).

Interesting pictures Angela uses…that was at least one promo shot from an earlier season, if I’m not mistaken. Can’t quite tell which Vega it is, but I suspect the second one, and that is not the same picture of the Kent boys used in Aliens.

Excellent judge. No dramatics, doesn’t permit any either, and scrupulous about the law.

Who died during the filming of this? The flags outside the courthouse were at half-mast--and they don’t do that for just anyone.

All of the good guys were on the run here, each of them feeling useless or helpless at least once; the only real difference was in who else saw it at the time. And there was a fair amount of arrogance from more than Taffett…Brennan stating she’s the best, which is admittedly her norm, and then there’s Max--“I don’t miss.”

“They saved my life, remember, and that was impossible.”

“Hope you’re more believable on the stand.”

“For those of us who don’t speak insect…”

“That assumes a just world, I’m afraid.”

“Just buy me a sweater like a regular dad.”

“I have the sense that everything’s changing.” Hmmm…and you’ve gone on record as not handling change well, if at all, Brennan!

Lots of echoes tonight (and not just the Gravediggers stuff):
  • Booth telling Brennan to humanize her testimony is reminiscent of advice given to her in Girl in the Fridge (as well as its effect)
  • The too-small DNA sample? Man in the Mud
  • Booth and Max fighting, though it was done better in Stargazers (better Booth’s eye than his crotch, though); and the arrest is less traumatic
  • Picture of Booth & Parker probably from Finger in the Nest
  • The cumulative effects of working with the criminally dead--see reference to Sully above
  • Caroline charging up onto the platform and setting off the alarm from Soccer Mom. BTW, the security guard appears to be the same one we’ve seen all along.
  • The broken ribs and crushing are similar to how Charlie died in the Boy in the Bush
  • (should I even mention it?) Brennan leaving in a cab

Sides/Spoilers

No, no need to avert your eyes! I swear there are no spoilers here; just a quick reference to the ones leaked out that I saw--mostly the sides. Of course, I can’t swear they won’t show up next week…

To refresh everyone’s memory (or for those now curious):
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

No talk of a 6 month honeymoon would be the biggest thing; some of the other dialogue has been changed. Still can’t believe they gave away the verdict in them.

And of course, the scene in Brennan’s apartment; Fox had released a sneak peak and several people commented about a couple major editing errors. Well, they did catch one, but not the bigger of the two…exactly where did Brennan rest her head when Booth was holding her? Very Happy

Good
I hate angst in a general way (yeah, I know, to anyone who’s read my stuff), but this was done right. I will be rewatching this as many times as I can.

Bad
Hmmm… scratch I don’t like the implications in Brennan’s statements about being tired. Can’t fault her, though. Normal jobs can burn you out; this is so much more intense!

Also, the seven counts. This might not be a bad, merely a misunderstanding on my part. Two counts for young Terrence, one apiece for Brennan, Hodgins, Booth, and each of the Kent twins? Shouldn’t the latter be also double whammies, since those boys also died (or were they counted together)? And what about her other kidnapping victims who paid the ransom? Or Vega, who she simply killed?

Ugly
Nope, nada, nothing…

Sets up for next week pretty well, I’d say; for those of you who watched the promo, her looming decision is not completely out of left field.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by ddc Sat May 15, 2010 10:43 am

RE: Also, the seven counts. This might not be a bad, merely a misunderstanding on my part. Two counts for young Terrence, one apiece for Brennan, Hodgins, Booth, and each of the Kent twins? Shouldn’t the latter be also double whammies, since those boys also died (or were they counted together)? And what about her other kidnapping victims who paid the ransom? Or Vega, who she simply killed?

The charges appeared to be all on those cases they had evidence for - Brennan & Hodgins, Booth & Terrance. They never found enough evidence to indict for the twins or Vega, or they haven't so far. The original charges would have been been 4 counts kidnapping (they must have had some evidence to charge her on that for Terrance) & 3 attempted murder. After the others dropped their cases the remaining charges were 1 count kidnapping & 1 count murder (1st degree I believe) for Terrance.

ddc

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sun May 16, 2010 4:15 am

I didn't like this episode the first time through. Part of it may have been the opening, the nightmare. I don't like that sort of thing, and having my 13 yo tell me it's like "Saw" was very disconcerting. Where the heck did he see "Saw"?

I got in to read your reviews last night, late. As always, glad for the chance to have both of you point and say, "Look. Look right there. See that?"

Then this morning I watched the episode again. I liked it better this time. I do tend to be one to go with the flow, so no doubt that was part of it. Still I wasn't satisfied by anyone's acting, except Emily's. But Brennan's angst was so palpable, it hurt to watch.

I do have one question though, because I feel I've been hornswoggled by sleight of hand.

I'll go with sheer luck leading Booth to find that number, because it was odd to call way out to Utah when Taffet was arrested. Even Brennan realizing that it was significant seemed more something that Booth would do. But to this point I'm still good.

What got me was Angela realizing it was a GPS coordinate. (TV being a visual medium, we get a glorified representation of a program that would undoubtedly run sans display. But it's so pretty that way! Rolling Eyes I digress.) How did that phone number turn into coordinates? Poof!? Coordinates have a longitude and latitude. A phone number is 7 digits long. And the 801 didn't even begin either coordinate!

EDIT: A long distance phone number is 10 digits, not 7. My bad. But still it wasn't the whole GPS location.

Now if the coordinates were already in the database, somewhere, and the phone number just happened to recognize the same string of digits? Okay, that I could buy. But nobody already had the coordinates for that boy's body - so it wasn't already in any database.

So what I see is a phone number - that melds into a partial GPS coordinate - that reveals the body. I don't get it. What am I missing?

Not my usual, but ...

Robert, your expose on Booth's heart was nothing short of poetry. I've heard you expound on it many times, and feel lucky whenever the chance presents.

Dawn, that "echoes" section was new and I liked it. I felt proud that I'd heard most of those echoes too. What blew me away was this, "BTW, the security guard appears to be the same one we’ve seen all along." That! That attention to detail impresses the hell out of me! And the flags at half-mast too. I'd already read your review and still didn't catch it. Embarassed

And like both of you, next week is going to be a doozie!

Last edited by DBCrazy on Sun May 16, 2010 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : number of digits in a phone number)
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon May 17, 2010 3:19 pm

DBCrazy wrote:I do have one question though, because I feel I've been hornswoggled by sleight of hand.

I'll go with sheer luck leading Booth to find that number, because it was odd to call way out to Utah when Taffet was arrested. Even Brennan realizing that it was significant seemed more something that Booth would do. But to this point I'm still good.

What got me was Angela realizing it was a GPS coordinate. (TV being a visual medium, we get a glorified representation of a program that would undoubtedly run sans display. But it's so pretty that way! Rolling Eyes I digress.) How did that phone number turn into coordinates? Poof!? Coordinates have a longitude and latitude. A phone number is 7 digits long. And the 801 didn't even begin either coordinate!

EDIT: A long distance phone number is 10 digits, not 7. My bad. But still it wasn't the whole GPS location.

Now if the coordinates were already in the database, somewhere, and the phone number just happened to recognize the same string of digits? Okay, that I could buy. But nobody already had the coordinates for that boy's body - so it wasn't already in any database.

So what I see is a phone number - that melds into a partial GPS coordinate - that reveals the body. I don't get it. What am I missing?
I'm with you on that, especially now that you've explained it better. I excuse myself on the grounds that I know nothing about GPS and thus never gave that any thought.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 1:11 pm

InkSlinger - Season 5, Episode 22

Spoilers? How can you spoil this piece of shit?!

The Beginning in the End
or as I like to call it...
The Steaming Pile of Crap HH foisted on his Fans

This story sucked ass. It sucked ass from beginning to end...oh, just warning, if you haven't figured it out yet I'm going cuss and swear during this InkSlinger - a lot. A whole lot. A whole whole lot. BTW, Hart, Steven, where exactly is that part where we were supposed to be dancing in the streets in our underwear? I mean, was it the part where Daisy is leaving and never coming back? 'Cause that almost did it for me but then you went and screwed the pooch with the whole Booth/Brennan fiasco so I didn't quite make it out the door. I was too busy going "Whaaaaaaa?"

The Case
A hoarder dies when blah blah blah - who really cares? Not HH. thats for damn sure. The story in this case was only a subtext for advancing the character/relationship arcs so why am I even bothering with the story? Oh, I'm not except to say - screw you Hart Hanson. Not that it's really case related, but I think I'll be saying that a lot for a while.

The Characters
There was a lot of character interaction here that begs dissection so let's begin:

Angela - She's married to Hodgins. Okay, we know that already but it bears repeating since someone finally got off their ass and did something right. She's Brennan's best friend and she wants her friend to be happy, and Angela does give Brennan some sound advice when she asks here if she needs perspective or just needs to be away from Booth - okay, not in those exact words but I was reading subtext. Anyway, Angela at least knows that them running away from each other won't solve a damn thing. Too bad the "heart" guy has his head up his ass.

Hodgins - Loved Hodgins interaction with Sweets and Billy - lots of fun bonding moments that almost made me forget what a cluster fuck of an episode I was watching. Almost.

Cam - Cam's comments to Brennan were trenchant, heartfelt, and insightful...funny she can say all that to Brennan but not one word to her best friend and friend of 17 years, Booth? Especially knowing all the damage it did to him the last time he was a sniper in the army. He came back from the army the last time a broken man with anger issues, a guilt complex, and a gambling problem but she's gonna let him go back this time without saying so much as a "Really Seeley?" Wow that's consistency there Hart. At least you didn't do something as lame as having Parker guilt trip Booth into going back...

Sweets - I liked the man in this episode, he was funny, optimistic, and eventually realistic. It was telling that he let Daisy go - I always knew it was a mistake for him to propose - he didn't propose to Daisy out of love, he did so because of a near death experience. Seeing how important her career was to her, knowing that he'd always come second, Sweets made the right call.

Caroline - Insightful, sarcastic, and appearing in back to back episodes. Gotta love Caroline. She knows Booth and Brennan are calling it quits, she knows and it saddens her. Loved her telling Sweets that it was time to grow up. Hey, you know what happens when you grow up? You let go of childish things, like UST and trite endings. Hmm, maybe Hart could take some of Caroline's advice and grow the hell up.

Booth
GUTLESS NUTLESS COWARD. That about sums it up for Booth. He doesn't handle change well? No shit. His reaction is to make Brennan look like the emotionally mature one, instead of sticking it out and doing something about her leaving - like telling her he loves her, begging her not to go, KISSING HER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, the gutless bastard runs back into the army and goes as far from Brennan as he can go. COWARD. You want an example of a brave FBI agent? Olivia Dunham - she told Peter to come back with her because he belongs with her, then she kissed him - that's brave. Booth? Total coward.

Brennan
What? Brennan is tired, heart sore, worried, emotionally spent and thinking of running - what are the odds? HH knows how to play that one note over and over and over again. Again, you want an example of a tired, heart sore, worried, emotionally spent scientist who doesn't act like cut out character - Peter Bishop. He's got exactly ZERO reasons to trust anyone, his fathers have betrayed him, he can't trust the woman he loves, and he has no world to call home. But when Olivia asks him to come with her because he belongs with her? He jumps at the chance.

Now I will say this, Brennan gave Booth every chance to ask her to stay, every opportunity to do something, anything to change her mind - but Yellow Boy was too busy running like a scared rabbit to do more than hold her hand. He couldn't even muster up the courage to kiss her!

Scene of Note
Brennan and Hodgins at the end, she says "Thank you Dr Hodgins, I love you too." my jaw hit the floor - she can tell Hodgins she loves him but can't tell Booth? Sheesh!

Booth and Brennan saying goodbye - it could have been something, it could have been heart felt and moving and romantic and bittersweet and all it managed to be was...bitter. It was like plucking a fine Belgian chocolate from the candy dish only to find it turn to ash in your mouth as you bit into it. In fact, that's the way this entire episode was, candy coated ash.

Sweets and Hodgins - the two of them at anytime in the show were just funny as hell, gotta love 'em, they were the one bright spot in the whole damn show.

Quotable Quotes - The Bitter End Edition

Daisy: Weren't we talking about me?
Cam: It always seems that way.
Daisy: It's just...I've been accepted to go to the Maluku islands *shrieks*
Cam: Whoa! Hearing loss miss Wick!
Brennan: (deadpans) That is excellent news.
Cam: (looking at Brennan) Wow, that did not sound sincere.

That's all I got - anymore and I just get too depressed so I can't, just can't at this juncture.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The GOOD - Daisy is gone, yeah! Yep, that's about it.

The BAD - The blatant manipulation of Booth and Brennan to get them to run away from one another. Booth doesn't want to go back into the Rangers? Lets have Brennan pretend not to care, Cam remain silent, and Parker use guilt to get him to go. Brennan hasn't decided to go to Maluku? Let's have Daisy push and push and push until she feels like she has to go. FU HH. FU.

The UGLY - The ending, it was ugly ugly ugly. I really can't believe this is what HH wanted to leave us with.

The case was a pretense for the character interaction, and that was essentially crap.

Continuity...oh who really cares anymnore?

Overall watchability? IT WAS CRAP! I need another VV&T, make it a double.

I hated this episode - hated it! hated it! hated it!

In retrospect this was the most cathartic InkSlinger I've ever written. *sighs* I'm gonna drink.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri May 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Uh, yeah. I disagree with.... Well, everything you wrote, Rob. Obviously, I quite liked it. Particularly the ending. I seem to be the only person in the world, but I'm ecstatic that they didn't kiss. I would have probably given up on this show if they had. [And yes, I'm still a shipper].

Sorry you didn't like it. Again. *passes some tequila*

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri May 21, 2010 1:56 pm

heirofloki wrote:Uh, yeah. I disagree with.... Well, everything you wrote, Rob. Obviously, I quite liked it. Particularly the ending. I seem to be the only person in the world, but I'm ecstatic that they didn't kiss. I would have probably given up on this show if they had. [And yes, I'm still a shipper].

You're not the only one!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Nah Heiro, you and Fly are undoubtedly in the majority on this one but after last week's near perfect episode I knew this one would be hard for me to watch I just didn't think it would be this hard. I honestly hated Booth's response and Brennan's behaviour. They were both in line with what we've seen so far the last few episodes but this is not at all the "step forward" I was expecting. It was a step back, a decided step back, hell it was a jump to the rear. Any way you look at it, short of a rose colored review, it was them running from one another and I didn't spend five years of my life watching this show to watch them run now.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by SJB Fri May 21, 2010 2:49 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
heirofloki wrote:Uh, yeah. I disagree with.... Well, everything you wrote, Rob. Obviously, I quite liked it. Particularly the ending. I seem to be the only person in the world, but I'm ecstatic that they didn't kiss. I would have probably given up on this show if they had. [And yes, I'm still a shipper].

You're not the only one!
Ditto
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri May 21, 2010 4:33 pm

The Beginning in the End

Oh, the season finale! Long a subject of intense speculation and already a cause for much wailing and gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair! I gave up on the speculation aspect months ago, just couldn’t take it. But now we’re all here and have had a chance to see if it was worth the hype.

Ummmm, I say no, so let’s talk Fringe instead. Now that was a great--nay, fantastic--episode. Had a kiss and trust and all that good stuff in it.

What? This is a Bones site? Right, right. OK, OK, so the finale.

The acronym for this ep is of course BitE, as I’ve noted before. ‘Nuff said.

Case

An apartment floor collapses, revealing a dead body that belonged to the upstairs tenant. Brennan’s a little distracted because she’s been asked to go on and ultimately head an amazing dig in the Maluku Islands.

While Hodgins and Sweets, and once in a while Booth, work around the apartment, the ladies work in the lab, ID’ing the man through dentals as usual. He turns out to be an obsessive hoarder and agoraphobic, which means he piles up too much junk and never goes out.

Determining cause and time of death is more problematical. There are hacking marks on his skull as though he was attacked and slashed at with passion, but there is also evidence that he bled out (of course), but also starved in an apartment full of food. After sorting out a short list of suspects (the landlord, a former co-worker, a man who stole a rare collectible), they find it was accidental by the co-worker, who just wanted him to try and break his disorder, but ended up pushing him into a fan, which led to him being buried and then starving to death.

Throughout all of this, Brennan has to decide if she’s going to Indonesia, Booth back to the Army, and Sweets what he’s going to do about Daisy leaving. In the end, all are separated, with Hodgins and Angela also planning on flying the nest for a brief time.

Characters

Brennan--had no problems with her. We’ve said that she can read Booth like a book, if no one else, and here we actually see her do so, watching him through the diner window and later when they talk outside about the dig and the training. I do wish she had leaned forward and planted one right on Booth there at the end, though.
Serious crisis of faith, if I may use that term. She was much more about feeling things tonight--her reactions to Booth, Daisy, even the feel of the bones in her hands. Interesting that she was wrong, but it’s happened before. I really liked the almost quick-enough masking of her dismay that Daisy was going to be in Indonesia with her. I’d swear that was almost enough to get her to stay home.
There is no way anyone can still say Brennan is oblivious to her emotions these days. Misguided, confused, unwilling to accept them, but she knows. There were enough melting looks at Booth to raise the ocean levels. And he was idiot

Booth--the irony of Booth saying he’s the one who can’t handle change--! All of that conversation in a way directly contradicted what they said to each other at the end of the 100th! Well, except for anyone offering love, devotion, and commitment, of course.
Cop Booth and Daddy Booth were very much in evidence--and Army Booth (old hair cut? Not very military!) looked pretty good. But I would have to agree with the person who wanted to know who sneaks off base--going AWOL is pretty serious stuff, you know--and then just holds hands with the person they’re seeing off? How about a hug at the very least?
And speaking of Father Booth (humph, not at all priest-like, though), using Parker to get Booth to go was pretty sneaky. I can tell you at that age I was usually pretty unhappy when my dad went on a mere 6 month cruise, and he wasn’t anywhere near a battlefield (except for that one cruise in the Persian Gulf, which I didn’t find out the dangers therein until much, much later).

Angela--very little Ange tonight. She did some of her computer magic (pretty neat trick, being able to date the piles) and offered Brennan some advice on matters of the heart. Very Happy And Hodgins’ comment about seeing her brain naked was pretty funny!

Hodgins--he showed off more, but I would have thought he’d have enjoyed digging through all that crap/evidence a little more. And now we know he was speaking in French! He had excellent interaction with Sweets--all that chasing after Billy’s car and the time in the apartment. And he so screamed like a girl when Billy startled him.

Cam--very little from her as well. Her belated acknowledgement of Brennan’s place in the lab (I don’t know if she’s ever said it out loud, though she’s been well-aware of it and accepting of it for some time) was excellently done, but I agree that she should have done more on the Booth end of things.

Sweets--trying to impress Daisy=being an idiot. But Caroline nailed it--he’s growing/grown up. We could see it happening over the past few episodes in particular, but between B&B’s separation and coming to realize what his relationship with Daisy is like (and it wasn’t a bad thing--just not what he thought, perhaps) with its accompanying mature break-up, he’s almost adult now.

Daisy--now I want to kill her (“Lance said that Booth has the psyche of a true warrior. That it’s a miracle that he hasn’t gone back long before this. Maybe you’re holding him back the same way he’s holding you back. *beat* I shouldn’t have said that.”). She so reverted back to her S4 persona, blurting out just anything to a far greater extent than usual these days. May she stay in the Maluku Islands forever and a day, with our blessings!
Pity, by the way--I was actually starting to like her this season.
(the actress, I am given to understand, now has a new, possibly permanent, role on another show…this is apparently their way of writing her out)

Caroline--right on target, unhappy that her favorite team is breaking up, but pragmatic and reluctantly accepting that it’s happening. Interesting that she wasn’t at the airport, considering how she slid into the celebration last week.

Random Impressions

Hart Hanson is a tremendous sadist--with a fleet of self-flagellating masochists to do his dirty work for him! Grrrrrrrr…

I thought this one was supposed to somehow reflect or echo last year’s EitB. Where and how? The only similarity is that I was screaming at the TV in the last 3 minutes again. And please don’t bring up the clock--I have no idea what it means, or should mean!

All right, we’ll get off that train. Besides, I do believe my King has probably unloaded, and I’ll have a little more to say later, too.

So the bones found in Maluku show signs of possible interbreeding between H. sapiens (that’s us for those who haven't taken the appropriate classes in school yet) and H. floresiensis. Interestingly enough, the original H. floresiensis skeleton was nicknamed “the Hobbit.” Cam refers to the stolen gnome as a radioactive Hobbit. (and yes, I would imagine that such a skeleton as described would be a tremendous find, well worth their enthusiasm)

And the Fiestaware? Very true… [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Though I thought they reintroduced a red in the late 90s or after 2000--maybe that was more of an orange…

I wish to check a map and see exactly where the Maluku Islands are in comparison to Afghanistan…they might be closer than we think. My geography is pretty shaky, but I doubt they’re going to be on the other side of the world from each other.

To show my college “eddication,” I found the part about trying to get the car back somewhat Shakespearian--the touch of farce in a tragedy. All right, not quite full-blown farce, not quite high tragedy, but it had that feel. And I personally found it an unnecessary subplot, though it was amusing.

The promise to meet? Very sweet and very touching--and I mean that sincerely. It would have worked so much better earlier, though; even last year’s finale, if there had been no tumor.

Sweets & Daisy breaking up? Odd way of handling it, but probably for the best. And should she ever come back, she may find him still free. But don’t count on it.

Hodgins and Angela--way to make this all about themselves! “I have no desire to break in a new forensic anthropologist and an FBI Agent. Do you?” But, hey, if the main reason for their lab work is gone for a year, what’s to stop them from taking a little time to themselves? (a year seems excessive, though--and what will Cam do all by herself except for a handful of interns?)

I’ve always wondered about tenants who could ignore the law like that--you hear about them often enough. I am glad the landlord mentioned the other tenants hollering--no way that all that vermin (snakes, mice, rats, bats, lice, fleas, roaches, and squirrels) stayed in one place!

Booth still not fond of rats; various comments calling evidence crap (the actual references escape me); the echoes of #100. And, and, and--being taught to pitch! Pops told Booth back in Foot that his (Booth’s) fastball could smoke his own (Pops)--ok, that was convoluted. But didn’t Booth and Parker compare notes on their fastballs, too?

“Survive and tell the story of my love.”

“Maybe we all overvalue things that are essentially worthless…what separates what I do here from what this man did?”

“…all squinted up…”

“…please don’t be a hero…please just don’t be…you…”

Good

Cute kid in the beginning, and Parker was adorable as ever. Um, yes, excellent interaction with Angela and Hodgins, too.

Bad

This was an oddly shallow episode, considering its importance; they would have been better off without the Sweets/Daisy subplot, and focused more on the case and B&B leaving.

Ugly

Mr. Hanson--if you happen to read this (or your people do), please, please, please tell me what part of this was meant to make me run out into the street, dancing, with or without underwear? Never even felt like getting near the door, much less outside--or stripping down, for that matter. The point of sticking this into ugly, you may ask? Well…the erosion of trust and faith and belief is a very ugly thing, wouldn’t you agree? And you’ve been chipping away at that since the S3 finale.

Just for the let-down…

Anyway, it’s been interesting, people, and maybe I’ll see you back here next year!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Fri May 21, 2010 4:38 pm

I feel like people are utterly obsessed with them kissing... and that's just weird.
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri May 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh King, it seems that you enjoyed a fair amount of the show, just not the part that mattered.

The only part of it that I took exception to, really, was the very end. I didn't mind their not kissing, since it seemed that the whole reason, at least in their minds, that they're doing this is to disentangle themselves from each other. So no kiss, I can believe that because it would have confused everything right from the outset. I could have believed a kiss, because that's what they were both wanting to do, but since when don't they push all that down and turn it into so much "ash"? What didn't feel right was the hand holding. Where'd that come from? I may be wrong, but I don't recall them doing that before. What would have been them, holding to what they perceive as who they are, at the very least, as partners, doing what they do when emotion overtakes them for whatever reason? They hug - that infamous "guy hug."
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri May 21, 2010 5:17 pm

dawnsfire wrote:The acronym for this ep is of course BitE, as I’ve noted before. ‘Nuff said.

I thought this one was supposed to somehow reflect or echo last year’s EitB. Where and how?

So the bones found in Maluku show signs of possible interbreeding between H. sapiens (that’s us for those who haven't taken the appropriate classes in school yet) and H. floresiensis. Interestingly enough, the original H. floresiensis skeleton was nicknamed “the Hobbit.” Cam refers to the stolen gnome as a radioactive Hobbit. (and yes, I would imagine that such a skeleton as described would be a tremendous find, well worth their enthusiasm)

I never looked at that acronym - BitE - I like it!!

As for echoing last year's show, it soo didn't to me. And now that I think about it, when I first saw the twitpic that showed that it as the name of the finale I was blown away. In that respect I guess this episode was a let down, at least to my understanding of how they could deserve mention of each other. Unless this is reset is going to somehow lead to something of that dream/coma/story. But there I go, trusting HH! Wink

And that gnome/hobbit thing - kinda cool for you to go dig that whole thing up!

As for Brennan and Booth and the rest of the squints...Later!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri May 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Karlia-Wicked-Witch wrote:I feel like people are utterly obsessed with them kissing... and that's just weird.
Karlia! Don't you think of this show as a love story in any sense? What's so odd about a kiss in a love story?!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Karlia-Wicked-Witch wrote:I feel like people are utterly obsessed with them kissing... and that's just weird.
Gotta say I don't see how it's weird at all. Booth and Brennan are an epic love story, not a deeply disturbed Brother and Sister from Arkansas. Seriously, they're in love with one another and they're not only going to be separated for a year but they'll both be in dangerous overseas locations? So it's weird that we'd expect them to kiss? I think it's weird that they've regressed to holding hands. Heck, at least a hug. I mean, they were doing that in S1.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 5:27 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
Karlia! Don't you think of this show as a love story in any sense? What's so odd about a kiss in a love story?!
Bingo baby! That's what I'm saying.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 5:29 pm

DBCrazy wrote:Oh King, it seems that you enjoyed a fair amount of the show, just not the part that mattered.

The only part of it that I took exception to, really, was the very end. I didn't mind their not kissing, since it seemed that the whole reason, at least in their minds, that they're doing this is to disentangle themselves from each other. So no kiss, I can believe that because it would have confused everything right from the outset. I could have believed a kiss, because that's what they were both wanting to do, but since when don't they push all that down and turn it into so much "ash"? What didn't feel right was the hand holding. Where'd that come from? I may be wrong, but I don't recall them doing that before. What would have been them, holding to what they perceive as who they are, at the very least, as partners, doing what they do when emotion overtakes them for whatever reason? They hug - that infamous "guy hug."
Yes, I could have dealt with that - a "guy hug", one for the road as it were. Is that too much to ask? Seems so.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri May 21, 2010 5:29 pm

After the 100, I decided to give the show to the finale. I have, and I'm done.... They lost this viewer..... I no longer give a fuc.....

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 5:40 pm

dawnsfire wrote:The Beginning in the End

Oh, the season finale! Long a subject of intense speculation and already a cause for much wailing and gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair! I gave up on the speculation aspect months ago, just couldn’t take it. But now we’re all here and have had a chance to see if it was worth the hype.
You forgot Sackcloth and Ashes but kudos for hitting 3/5

Ummmm, I say no, so let’s talk Fringe instead. Now that was a great--nay, fantastic--episode. Had a kiss and trust and all that good stuff in it.

What? This is a Bones site? Right, right. OK, OK, so the finale.
I'm up for a fringe discussion - it was a nice touch having a good season finale after a really crappy one so we could have something to flush the taste of HH's failure out of our mouths.

The acronym for this ep is of course BitE, as I’ve noted before. ‘Nuff said.
Okay Stan...

Case

An apartment floor collapses, revealing a dead body that belonged to the upstairs tenant. Brennan’s a little distracted because she’s been asked to go on and ultimately head an amazing dig in the Maluku Islands.

While Hodgins and Sweets, and once in a while Booth, work around the apartment, the ladies work in the lab, ID’ing the man through dentals as usual. He turns out to be an obsessive hoarder and agoraphobic, which means he piles up too much junk and never goes out.

Determining cause and time of death is more problematical. There are hacking marks on his skull as though he was attacked and slashed at with passion, but there is also evidence that he bled out (of course), but also starved in an apartment full of food. After sorting out a short list of suspects (the landlord, a former co-worker, a man who stole a rare collectible), they find it was accidental by the co-worker, who just wanted him to try and break his disorder, but ended up pushing him into a fan, which led to him being buried and then starving to death.

Throughout all of this, Brennan has to decide if she’s going to Indonesia, Booth back to the Army, and Sweets what he’s going to do about Daisy leaving. In the end, all are separated, with Hodgins and Angela also planning on flying the nest for a brief time.
Wait there was a case? How'd I miss that? Oh, right, the reprehensible character and relationship development blocked it all out of my mind...plus, Daisy Wick *shudder*

Characters

Brennan--had no problems with her. We’ve said that she can read Booth like a book, if no one else, and here we actually see her do so, watching him through the diner window and later when they talk outside about the dig and the training. I do wish she had leaned forward and planted one right on Booth there at the end, though.
Serious crisis of faith, if I may use that term. She was much more about feeling things tonight--her reactions to Booth, Daisy, even the feel of the bones in her hands. Interesting that she was wrong, but it’s happened before. I really liked the almost quick-enough masking of her dismay that Daisy was going to be in Indonesia with her. I’d swear that was almost enough to get her to stay home.
There is no way anyone can still say Brennan is oblivious to her emotions these days. Misguided, confused, unwilling to accept them, but she knows. There were enough melting looks at Booth to raise the ocean levels. And he was idiot.
Okay, where to begin...I agree with you. Crisis of faith? Perfect term for what Brennan's going through - she can't be her until she finds out who she is again. That said - Daisy Wick? The woman must be having a serious crisis of faith if she's going to spend a year with Daisy, I'd rather have my toe nails pulled out one at a time. I do agree, melting looks at Booth? Bingo. He was an idiot? Bingo.

Booth--the irony of Booth saying he’s the one who can’t handle change--! All of that conversation in a way directly contradicted what they said to each other at the end of the 100th! Well, except for anyone offering love, devotion, and commitment, of course.
yeah, I've had problems with this aspect of Booth as presented lately myself. He seems to be far from his old self, it's as if he's hanging on, no, clinging to what he thinks is important because he doesn't know who he is for sure anymore.
Cop Booth and Daddy Booth were very much in evidence--and Army Booth (old hair cut? Not very military!) looked pretty good. But I would have to agree with the person who wanted to know who sneaks off base--going AWOL is pretty serious stuff, you know--and then just holds hands with the person they’re seeing off? How about a hug at the very least?
Yeah, the hair cut was not regulation - high and tight baby, or a hawk, maybe a burr cut. BTW - that was my point about the kiss, you don't go AWOL to hold hands. Not unless your genitals locked up back on base, but then he's been acting like a eunuch for the last three years...
And speaking of Father Booth (humph, not at all priest-like, though), using Parker to get Booth to go was pretty sneaky. I can tell you at that age I was usually pretty unhappy when my dad went on a mere 6 month cruise, and he wasn’t anywhere near a battlefield (except for that one cruise in the Persian Gulf, which I didn’t find out the dangers therein until much, much later).
yeah, I figure the Army offered Parker an X-BOX or something to get that guild trip out of him. I mean the one thing that could have kept Booth from going (other than Brennan simply saying "don't leave me") was Parker, so for him to ask why Booth wasn't going? HUGE.

Angela--very little Ange tonight. She did some of her computer magic (pretty neat trick, being able to date the piles) and offered Brennan some advice on matters of the heart. Very Happy And Hodgins’ comment about seeing her brain naked was pretty funny!

Hodgins--he showed off more, but I would have thought he’d have enjoyed digging through all that crap/evidence a little more. And now we know he was speaking in French! He had excellent interaction with Sweets--all that chasing after Billy’s car and the time in the apartment. And he so screamed like a girl when Billy startled him.

Cam--very little from her as well. Her belated acknowledgement of Brennan’s place in the lab (I don’t know if she’s ever said it out loud, though she’s been well-aware of it and accepting of it for some time) was excellently done, but I agree that she should have done more on the Booth end of things.
Im lumping them together because they were Greek chorus tonight, although the side stories and comments were nice, they really lift right out of the larger story. Just lift right out.

Sweets--trying to impress Daisy=being an idiot. But Caroline nailed it--he’s growing/grown up. We could see it happening over the past few episodes in particular, but between B&B’s separation and coming to realize what his relationship with Daisy is like (and it wasn’t a bad thing--just not what he thought, perhaps) with its accompanying mature break-up, he’s almost adult now.
I like that, our duckling is almost a full grown duck. Or given the fact that he's a psychologist shouldn't that be Quack? I do think he only proposed to Daisy out of fear, and now he's grown up enough to realize that it's not meant to be if it's not meant to be. His question to Booth was point on - and notice how it resonated with Booth? Yep, he's growing up.

Daisy--now I want to kill her (“Lance said that Booth has the psyche of a true warrior. That it’s a miracle that he hasn’t gone back long before this. Maybe you’re holding him back the same way he’s holding you back. *beat* I shouldn’t have said that.”). She so reverted back to her S4 persona, blurting out just anything to a far greater extent than usual these days. May she stay in the Maluku Islands forever and a day, with our blessings!
Pity, by the way--I was actually starting to like her this season.
(the actress, I am given to understand, now has a new, possibly permanent, role on another show…this is apparently their way of writing her out)
Yeah, honestly there were a few times when I thought Brennan would just end her if Cam didn't. Oh, and anyone else rooting for Cam to just pop her one when she'd squeal? Yeesh. Other than that Daisy was as sensitive as salt on an open wound. Good riddance.

Caroline--right on target, unhappy that her favorite team is breaking up, but pragmatic and reluctantly accepting that it’s happening. Interesting that she wasn’t at the airport, considering how she slid into the celebration last week.
I do love me some Caroline, but two episodes in a row? Seems like two much Caroline is a bad thing. She was great in both eps, but the second one...maybe I'm tarring her with the brush of that episode but I almost felt as if she was pushing them farther apart even though she obviously didn't want them to leave.

Random Impressions

Hart Hanson is a tremendous sadist--with a fleet of self-flagellating masochists to do his dirty work for him! Grrrrrrrr…
I love you. I love you. I love you.

I thought this one was supposed to somehow reflect or echo last year’s EitB. Where and how? The only similarity is that I was screaming at the TV in the last 3 minutes again. And please don’t bring up the clock--I have no idea what it means, or should mean!
I was screaming at the TV too, and the clock? I'm pretty sure the clock in trash heap is Hart's way of saying "Toss out any idea of them EVER getting together - Bwahahahaha! *twists mustache evilly and sniggers*"

All right, we’ll get off that train. Besides, I do believe my King has probably unloaded, and I’ll have a little more to say later, too.
I don't know why I have to get off this train, I bought a first class ticket and I'd like my complimentary choco-Emily.

Okay, so what is it with Bones this season and Midgets? Anyway...So we've got some vertical discrimination going on over here. No one tell Lil' Bit, she'd be crushed!

I wish to check a map and see exactly where the Maluku Islands are in comparison to Afghanistan…they might be closer than we think. My geography is pretty shaky, but I doubt they’re going to be on the other side of the world from each other.
I think they're actually close enought that Booth could be taking a trip to see Brennan - by plain it looks like it's maybe a 14 hour flight.

To show my college “eddication,” I found the part about trying to get the car back somewhat Shakespearian--the touch of farce in a tragedy. All right, not quite full-blown farce, not quite high tragedy, but it had that feel. And I personally found it an unnecessary subplot, though it was amusing.
I do agree, an enjoyable if completely unnecessary diversion that did little to enrich show when we already had so much distracting us from the more important question of - what the hell happened to Booth's hair?

The promise to meet? Very sweet and very touching--and I mean that sincerely. It would have worked so much better earlier, though; even last year’s finale, if there had been no tumor.
I agree again, and dare I say it - sealed with a kiss?

Sweets & Daisy breaking up? Odd way of handling it, but probably for the best. And should she ever come back, she may find him still free. But don’t count on it.
Yeah, by my reckoning this means it's Cam & Sweets all on their own. Hmm...
"Well here's to you Doctor Saroyan, Jesus loves you more than you will know (Wo, wo, wo)
God bless you please, Doctor Saroyan...
"
Well, you get the idea.

Hodgins and Angela--way to make this all about themselves! “I have no desire to break in a new forensic anthropologist and an FBI Agent. Do you?” But, hey, if the main reason for their lab work is gone for a year, what’s to stop them from taking a little time to themselves? (a year seems excessive, though--and what will Cam do all by herself except for a handful of interns?)
Hey, why not make it about themselves? Afterall HH has basically made the entire show into a "Yeah Me!" party, so why not let Jack and Angela have their day.

Good

Cute kid in the beginning, and Parker was adorable as ever. Um, yes, excellent interaction with Angela and Hodgins, too.
Yep, cute kid in the beginning, sort of like a spoonful treacle to sweeten the medicine.

Bad

This was an oddly shallow episode, considering its importance; they would have been better off without the Sweets/Daisy subplot, and focused more on the case and B&B leaving.
Oddly shallow? Shallow would have been an improvement - my metaphorical soles barely got wet.

Ugly

Mr. Hanson--if you happen to read this (or your people do), please, please, please tell me what part of this was meant to make me run out into the street, dancing, with or without underwear? Never even felt like getting near the door, much less outside--or stripping down, for that matter. The point of sticking this into ugly, you may ask? Well…the erosion of trust and faith and belief is a very ugly thing, wouldn’t you agree? And you’ve been chipping away at that since the S3 finale.
There is no trust left, and the only faith I can find is of the blind variety. It seems his intent is to winnow the viewership until he has us firmly sorted and boxed with the true believers egging him ever onward and telling him always that he can do no wrong. The rest of us will be waiting for our reformation.

Anyway, it’s been interesting, people, and maybe I’ll see you back here next year!

queen
I'll be back my Queen, if for no other reason than to keep the bastard honest. Ta-ra!

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Fri May 21, 2010 7:36 pm

THX1138 wrote:
Gotta say I don't see how it's weird at all. Booth and Brennan are an epic love story, not a deeply disturbed Brother and Sister from Arkansas. Seriously, they're in love with one another and they're not only going to be separated for a year but they'll both be in dangerous overseas locations? So it's weird that we'd expect them to kiss? I think it's weird that they've regressed to holding hands. Heck, at least a hug. I mean, they were doing that in S1.

king RM
I don't mean it's weird for them to kiss. I was using wrong wording.What I meant was people get themselves worked up with every episode they don't kiss...instead of being happy with the episodes in which they do kiss.
I have to apologize....English is not my first language so not everything in my head makes sense when I type things out.
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri May 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Karlia-Wicked-Witch wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
I don't mean it's weird for them to kiss. I was using wrong wording.What I meant was people get themselves worked up with every episode they don't kiss...instead of being happy with the episodes in which they do kiss.
I have to apologize....English is not my first language so not everything in my head makes sense when I type things out.
No worries, I should have realized that English is your second language and I work with enough Europeans (mostly German and French) to know how word placement can differ from one language to the next. Smile

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Rob, I loved your review.
[Only admins are allowed to see this image], indeed.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next