Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The parallels between the Season IV & Season V finales...

+10
bones_fanatic19
Beliskner
dreamerktm411
sparklyshoes
joybrennan
jsgemini
elyon
MI_Bonesgirl
HermioneGirl101
thatgirl61
14 posters

Go down

The parallels between the Season IV & Season V finales... Empty The parallels between the Season IV & Season V finales...

Post by thatgirl61 Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:38 am

May 21st 2010- HH tweets: Making it Click
This is an interesting exchange... especially if you noticed all of the parallels between the Season IV & Season V finales...
Fan: Both the 447 clock and tower of wings showing up next to Hodgins. Big bugging me mainly because its not clicking in my head.
Hart: Be patient! It's our job to make those things click for you eventually. Think of them as Easter eggs or landmines.
I found this on the Bones Spoiler Blog and found it to be a very interesting question. Lets see how many we could find including the Actors dialogue.

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

The parallels between the Season IV & Season V finales... Empty Re: The parallels between the Season IV & Season V finales...

Post by HermioneGirl101 Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:45 am

Well, when Billy Gibbons shows up in TBitE, Hodgins maintains that he yelped, not screamed. When the murder at the nightclub is being discussed in TEitB, Fischer says that he heard Zack scream when he saw the body, but Zack says that he yelped, not screamed.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!

Back to top Go down

The parallels between the Season IV & Season V finales... Empty Re: The parallels between the Season IV & Season V finales...

Post by thatgirl61 Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:49 am

The dogs also took off Hoggins shoes and Zack said in the season 4 finale that they took his shoes in jail (aka. the looney bin)

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:54 am

There is a Motley Crue Dr Feelgood album in the hoarder's apartment.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirl61 Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:12 am

The gun Max uses to try and kill Taffet is the gun Booth used in The Proof in the Pudding.Oops that was in The Boy with the Answer.

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:04 am

The jacket Booth is wearing in the bench scene where Brennan tells him she's going to Indonesia is the same jacket he was wearing in TEitB when Bren tells him she's pregnant.

Also, someone else pointed out a bowl of matches in the hoarders apartment like the matches the killer dropped in TEitB.

Tower of Wings, clocks.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 am

elyon wrote:The jacket Booth is wearing in the bench scene where Brennan tells him she's going to Indonesia is the same jacket he was wearing in TEitB when Bren tells him she's pregnant.

Also, someone else pointed out a bowl of matches in the hoarders apartment like the matches the killer dropped in TEitB.

Tower of Wings, clocks.

Oh elyon, you took my matches! jk haha Must go back and search harder....
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:27 am

Jsgemini: I'm so sorry. I forgot who exactly had mentioned them but I give you full credit.

One thing I found interesting is that in TEitB Booth has the English Bobby bobblehead on his desk that he got at the beginning of the season in London. That was so specific to the Booth in the non-AU universe that I wondered why they had it in the scene and have him touch it on the head.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:52 am

^and that the bobblehead was in Bren's office. Did they share an office? Because she told Cam and Jared she was in her office the night of the murder. Suspect
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:51 am

As it was the office for the night club, they probably did share it.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:17 am

C
elyon wrote:Jsgemini: I'm so sorry. I forgot who exactly had mentioned them but I give you full credit.

One thing I found interesting is that in TEitB Booth has the English Bobby bobblehead on his desk that he got at the beginning of the season in London. That was so specific to the Booth in the non-AU universe that I wondered why they had it in the scene and have him touch it on the head.

It could be a little nod to the fact that the top of season 4 is when the door really opens to the possibility of a B&B relationship. It's when Booth says "there isn't a guy in London who isn't gay that wouldn't want to be with you." He goes on to tell her that she's special. It's a major turning point. BOOTH is in London. It's the first time he directly implies his own attraction to Brennan. Up until then, while WE can see his attraction, and people like Cam can see it, Booth never directly says anything that indicates his own thoughts about her. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirl61 Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:34 am

Im watching TBitE and just saw Fisher serve Hoggins The Tower of chicken Wings.

thatgirl61
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklyshoes Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:29 pm

The first line in tEitB is something along the lines of "who is this woman? What life does she lead? Is it the same life she lead an hour ago, a day ago, a YEAR ago"?

Nice link to the year long separation in tBitE.

sparklyshoes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 111
Say What You Want : "I want to punch the writers sometimes"
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Wow, you all are good! You caught a lot that I didn't!!! I'm now being forced to go back and re-watch both episodes a million times over.

sparklyshoes: That is so cool about the quote. It would be interesting if they repeated that whole speech in the season 6 premier scene where they see each other again. Listening to the lines, they would be very relevant then.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 pm

I noticed that in the hoarders appartement is a figure ( during the scene where sweets is in the appartment with Hodgins) that looks a lot like the bobblehead on Booths desk, BUT it looks more like the figure in Brennan's office in the S4 finale ( right before Booth sits down during the cute ''im pregnant'' scene.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:25 pm

God there are so many more than I thought, it is showing over here tonight so I am going to watch it again and definatley going to keep an eye out for the ones I missed Very Happy
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

[quote="sparklyshoes"]The first line in tEitB is something along the lines of "who is this woman? What life does she lead? Is it the same life she lead an hour ago, a day ago, a YEAR ago"?

There is a more oblique link here also: The first line in tEitB asks "who is this woman?", the last line in tEitB has Booth asking "who are you?", and the whole reason for Brennan leaving is to find out who she is.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:27 am

So here is my English 101 reading of the two finales. In season 4, Brennan is writing a book that is basically a love letter to Booth. But at the end, her fear gets in the way and she can’t bring herself to save it or act on it in the real world so she deletes it. Booth, on the other hand, uses the emotions revealed in the coma dream/book to get up the courage to tell Brennan that he loves her. At the end of the 100th episode, Brennan once again pushes the delete button by refusing him.
In the season 5 finale, it’s Brennan, who still has a hoarded heart. Metaphorically and anthropologically speaking, Booth has already dragged her to the window and pulled down the curtain and shown the sunlight of his love on her. She responds by using the Maluku Island Project as an excuse to run away and thus hit the delete button a third time. But she has also ‘pushed the fan at him’ by sending him off to a war zone that could prove lethal and allowing him to be buried under the pile of old guilt’s, angst and anger that he experienced every single time the military was brought up.
There’s no doubt Booth will return operational if even more angst ridden or the show wouldn’t go on. But I would so like to see some recognition on Brennan’s part of an understanding of the impact of her past behavior on Booth.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:49 am

elyon wrote:So here is my English 101 reading of the two finales. In season 4, Brennan is writing a book that is basically a love letter to Booth. But at the end, her fear gets in the way and she can’t bring herself to save it or act on it in the real world so she deletes it. Booth, on the other hand, uses the emotions revealed in the coma dream/book to get up the courage to tell Brennan that he loves her. At the end of the 100th episode, Brennan once again pushes the delete button by refusing him.
In the season 5 finale, it’s Brennan, who still has a hoarded heart. Metaphorically and anthropologically speaking, Booth has already dragged her to the window and pulled down the curtain and shown the sunlight of his love on her. She responds by using the Maluku Island Project as an excuse to run away and thus hit the delete button a third time. But she has also ‘pushed the fan at him’ by sending him off to a war zone that could prove lethal and allowing him to be buried under the pile of old guilt’s, angst and anger that he experienced every single time the military was brought up.
There’s no doubt Booth will return operational if even more angst ridden or the show wouldn’t go on. But I would so like to see some recognition on Brennan’s part of an understanding of the impact of her past behavior on Booth.

Oooh, I love this. Not that Brennan is "pusing the delete button", but I love the parallel you drew, and it's definitely right. Plus, it provides a reason for the placement of "Nothing happens unless first a dream..." quote right before she denies her feelings for the second time.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:04 am

Very good point.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 pm

i just watched tEitB and i noticed all these paralles that you have mentioned. wow there is so many! its so good watching it and noticing all these things! Smile
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bk201 Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:35 pm

elyon wrote:So here is my English 101 reading of the two finales. In season 4, Brennan is writing a book that is basically a love letter to Booth. But at the end, her fear gets in the way and she can’t bring herself to save it or act on it in the real world so she deletes it. Booth, on the other hand, uses the emotions revealed in the coma dream/book to get up the courage to tell Brennan that he loves her. At the end of the 100th episode, Brennan once again pushes the delete button by refusing him.

great analyis ^^!

bk201

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:35 am

Elyon...very well put. I had a vague understanding of the same kind of theory, but was so apathetic to the Finale that I had not really taken the time or energy to so eloquently put it in words. It's like you reached into my scrambled brain and pulled out the thoughts that were stuck in there. Thanks
Maybe I can move forward now. I've been so caught up in my dislike of the Finale that I hadn't allowed myself to give it that much deep thought.

I'm still not happy with the ending, but I am now looking forward to the possibility that next season will bring a greater sense of committment to really telling a good, thoughtful and coherent story, which doesn't involve backtracking, last minute edits, and filler silly scenes.

I really want to see what happens when these two get together and try to work together and love together, despite their vast differences in the way they look at life. I want to see them struggle, argue, flirt get pissed and kiss and make up. I don't want to wait till the last minute then have them go off in the sunset happily ever after.

Hart once said, a happy marriage is outwardly boring.... I have to disagree...Real life is not boring. It is full of funny moments, sad moments, chanllenging moments, misunderstandings, flirty moments, absolute defense of eachother moments...and everything in between. We have been through so much with these two, can we please watch them do all the things they did in seasons 1-4 but untimately end their day in eachther's arms? They don't need to suddenly agree and get along sickeningly well. They can both be opinionated, argue fight over dumb things...but ultimately agree on the pig picture and the fact that they are the center...and the center will hold. In life...In work...and in Love!

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down