Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Late Night Calls~

+9
Bonesbabe
MoonlightGardenias
ScienceLove&Pie
ToZiKa
southerngirl
treble21
THX1138
dawnsfire
annd28
13 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

~Late Night Calls~ - Page 3 Empty Re: ~Late Night Calls~

Post by Bonesbabe Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:31 am

that was really beautiful....i love this story.
such a great idea with all the calls and such. love it

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:25 am

That was really sweet. Great job!
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Chapter 12
G: fluff
R: t
D: I don't own any Part of bones but I wouldn't mind having a little bit of Booth. ;-)

Booth stood in his kitchen at the sink rinsing out the dishes he and Parker had used for dinner. His mind wandering back to his beautiful partner when he supppose to be paying attention to what his mother was saying on the other end of his cell phone.

Every few minutes he glanced back at the clock above his television. "Seeley?" her voice held all the scolding it did when he was younger. "Are you listening?"

Mentally shaking himself he replied. "Yeah mom, yeah Parker is doing fine, he loves it here. He's gotten use to the idea that he will only see Rebecca on Christmas. Listen mom, I love you I have to go."

It was weird thinking the thoughts he was thinking while his mother was jibbering away on the other end.

He rinsed the last dish and began putting them in the dish washer. She was probably home by now, probably getting ready to get in the shower. Tonight was her kick boxing class and tomorrow was her night at his place. That fact excited him the most.

Booth dried his hand on the nearst towel and pulled his cell phone out. Flipping it open he pressed her speed dial number.

"Talk nerdy to me,"

Temperance groaned softly, "Early tonight aren't we?"

She had come home rather sore from kick boxing and decided that tonight she would soak in the tub until all the bubbles had faded. Her cell phone was the floor next to the tub so when he called she wouldn't miss it.

"I have to admit I've missed snuggling up to that warm skin of yours. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning."

Temperance closed her eyes, holding them shut. The memories of that amazing night came crashing down around her. "I remember, but it was time to get Parker."

"He could have stayed for a few more hours." he joked, he knew as well as she did they would have needed the entire day. Especially since they were so new to each other on this side of their relationship.

She sighed heavily raising a foot from the water and sticking in the faucet. "That was amazing Booth. Its never been like that with anyone else."

"Thats the difference," he replied. "between sex, and making love."

"Your a very thorough teacher Booth," She chuckled softly.

He grinned wolfishly. "Whenever you want another lesson. . . .well you know where to find me." he said. "How was kick boxing? Beat anybody up tonight?"

"Thats not the purpose of the class Booth its to learn........"

"I was kidding Bones," I know.

"I know," she laughed. "I know how to joke around to Booth. I'm not strictly all work."

He grinned his mind going back to the way she laughed and grabbed at him after the first time. Temperance Brennan was very tickelish.

"I'm soaking my aching muscles,"

Booth nearly dropped his phone again. "Your in the tub, with bubbles and hot water?"

It was her turn to think devilish thoughts. "Yes, Booth with nothing on but a louffa sponge."

He was silent for a long while. "Booth are you ok?"

"Yeah......yeah.....just thinking about hockey?" her brow furrowed.

"Why?" she asked.

He squeezed his eyes shut. "Its not time for a shower just yet, and it will be a cold one if hockey doesn't fix it."

"Well ya know. . . we could. . . .your on the phone I'm in the tub. . . " Her voice lowered.

Booth felt his pace quicken. She was a bad bad woman. "Hey, talk nerdy to me." he said on a groan. "Say something smart."

"Pelvic gridle," she smiled. Picturing him there in his apartment. Next time, he promised, would be at his place.

"Good night Booth. I love you."

"Good night Bones, love you."

~End Call~

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm

nerdy is better than sexy with Parker in the house! At least when Booth is in one of the public rooms... Smile

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Sorry for not reviewing yesterday.....I totally missed the update Shocked

bad bad Toz

anyway.....I liked all the new chapters
I'm kinda hoping for more Parker in the next chapters though
I like the little guy
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:37 pm

I promise to work Parker in, I just don't know how yet. . .actually I believe I have hit a wall, trying to break it down as we speak.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:38 pm

annd28 wrote:I promise to work Parker in, I just don't know how yet. . .actually I believe I have hit a wall, trying to break it down as we speak.

I meant as I type

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Chapter: 13
D: I do not own Bones, any of the characters anything of that nature.

She eyed her cell phone carefully before picking it up and putting it back down again. She sat back on the couch. Thumb in her mouth as she carefully bit on the nail. As soon as she realized what she was doing Temperance dropped her hand slapping against her leg. Nasty habit, yes, but she was nervous and the thought of tonight was making her all riled up inside.

The last time she had an actual conversation with him was Friday night, she had just walked in from a cooking class. When her cell rang she didn't bother with the caller ID assuming it was Angela wanting an early dinner. Yet it wasn't it was Booth.

"Brennan," her normal greeting.

"Talk nerdy to me," His voice was heavily slurred, a definate indication that he had been drinking.

"Booth? Are you drunk?"

A hiccup and a laugh. "Heck no Bones!" he replied. "I'm just a little. . . . . .yep!" he said quite loudly.

Temperance picked up her car keys from the counter where she left them ready to go if he said yes. "Booth do you need a ride or something?"

"Um. . . ." He paused. "Um. . .no. Listen Bones?"

"Yes?" she answered.

"Bones," he said again.

"Yes Booth," she replied yet again.

"Um. . . .Bones,"

Temperance let out a groan of frustration. "Booth, do you need me to come get you or not?"

"Bones, I just want to tell you something." he said suddenly becoming very quiet. "I really love you Bones, not just a little like a small tug boat." Booth made a wide gesture with his arms as if she could see it. "I love you like an air craft carrier!" he exclaimed.

"Booth," she rested her head in her hand. "do you or do you not need a ride home?"

He sighed blowing air out of his mouth making his lips flap together. "Um. You know . . .what. I don't need one Charlie, you know Charlie. . . .here say hi to Charlie."

She heard some ruffeling alot of people talking and then who she assumed to be Charlie answered. "Hi Bones, Seeley tells me to tell. . . . ."

"NO!" Booth could be heard in the back ground. "Don't call her Bones! She's my Bones and MY Bones only!"

"Ok! Ok!" This from Charlie. "Ok, sorry Temperance Seeley wants me to say hi, and don't worry we're taking him home right now."

"Thank you Charlie," she replied relieved.

"I love you Bones! My Bones, my Bones." She heard Booth repeating in a sing song voice before Charlie hung up.

So now here she sat, on a Saturday night, all riled up just because the man calls her earlier in the day and says.

"We need to talk tonight face to face, it's important. An important question." He sounded serious enough to have her wondering.

She didn't like not knowing what was going on, "I'll see you around 9pm. Rebecca's mother wanted Parker for the rest of the weekend since they had so much fun last night."

"Alright Booth," she replied confused. "I'll see you at 9."

~Call ended.~

Last edited by annd28 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Realized the second paragraph made no sense at all)

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Hah. It's sad that I love drunk!Booth, right? Aww...and Charlie. He's like Grier; we don't see/hear of them often, but when we do it makes me smile. Awesome. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:35 pm

U guys I'm stuck after this chapter. . .i gotta bring in Parker some how, any ideas? Leave me a message PLEASE!!!

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Drunk Booth is always nice.....although he really shouldn't be drinking with a father like his......

hmmmm Parker......maybe they could have a 'date' with him there?
or they do something kids do normally but with Brennan there too?
I don't know like going to the park.....or some sort of sports thing Parker likes......I really have no idea

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:55 pm

A lot of people have had the 3 of them together at various sporting events (mostly where Parker's playing--maybe you could have them be spectators at a game instead?), the zoo or museums, or even picnics in the park. Can't think of much better than that... Though I do like the idea of something active, or outdoorsy, that Brennan is good at, maybe can help Parker try it?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by southerngirl Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:56 am

I like Roberts outdoors idea- what about camping- not sure what time of year you have this set iin, but that could be interesting- invite Angela and the rest of the squints too- !!!

southerngirl
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:01 pm

I think camping would be too much for the start.....you know maybe some activity for only one afternoon first and then a camping trip......
I really like the idea of them going camping, but I don't think Brennan would be comfortable with spending so much time with Booth and Parker AND the squints all together just yet....
but that's just my opinion

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:13 am

Thanks guys for all the ideas!! Hopefully I will have something worked out by the end of the day thanks for hanging in here with me :-)

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Chapter: 14
g: Angst a little
R: hmm k
D: I don't own BOnes folks.

9pm rolled around, and left just as quickly as it came. 9:15pm rolled around and left as quickly as it came.

By 9:30 she was definately annoyed, trying to busy herself Temperance headed into the kitchen and searched through the cabinets. She was looking for the cookies Russ's girls left the last time they were over.

She hid them from Booth since he couldn't keep his hands off of them. Temperance got up on the tip of her toes to reach to the very back of the cabinet. Finally off to the right she found them.

She felt triumphant and as she pulled one of the windmill shaped snikerdoodle cookies from the package she imagined the the top part was Booth's head and bit in to it. Letting a delightful smile spread across her face.

Looking at the clock she grabbed a few more cookies and a glass of water. Temperance rolled her eyes, it was 10:15pm and she had been stood up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't do this now Rebecca," Booth held the phone tightly in his hand. Willing himself not to break it.

"Seeley, Parker is my son too," she replied.

Through clinched teeth Booth exhaled. "Rebecca I know that, but he's just now adjusting to you being gone. Why would I send him there now, you made this decision you knew the consequences."

"I ..... I know," was all she could say.

He knew how she felt, he knew what it was like to want to be near his son and not being able to. Still a small part of him didn't care, how many times had she threated to remove Parker from his life if he didn't play by her rules?

"Listen Seeley, I thought we had an understanding, I thought that I could. . . . "

"Yes Rebecca," suddenly becoming angry. He knew what she was getting at. She thought she would be able to call whenever and he would send Parker like he was some pet they shared. "I remember the understanding, and here's the new one that we are going to have. YOU choose to go with Drew. YOU gave me custody of our son, I will not pack him up and send him whenever you want. YOU weren't the one trying to comfort him when he was crying himself to sleep at night, you. . . ."

"Seeley......."

"No Rebecca, MY son cried every night. . . .I had to lay with him until he finally slept. I won't do this to him. You've changed for the man you love, you need to figure out what it is you want. You will see Parker at Christmas. I have to go."

He flipped his phone shut. Slamming his fist down onto the steering wheel Booth finally realized what time it was. She was going to kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Temperance sat at her computer staring at the screen watching the cursor blink, mocking her.

"The foul stench. . . ." she quickly pressed the backspace button. She was too distracted to write anything.

Maybe this was a mistake, this wasn't her. When has she ever waited up for someone else? Waited for a man no less.

Angry she shut down her computer grabbed her empty glass and headed to the kitchen. She dropped the glass into the sink snagged another cookie from the now almost empty bag and headed to the bathroom.

When she saw him she was going to hurt him. Even as she showered she thought about the things she could do to him. . . . .they were the most irrational thoughts to come coursing through her mind but she had never been stood up before.

She had done most of the standing up, but never had she been on the recieving end.

Where was he?

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Chapter: 15
g: fluff
r: k-t
D: I don't own Bones folks.

For the fourth time he dialed her number and no answer. He didn't leave a message but he wanted to.

He built himself up to have this talk with her and he let himself get side swipped by Rebecca of all people.

He wanted to go by but he didn't. There was no telling what she would do when she was angry and he knew she was angry. This wasn't how this night was suppose to go. He was suppose to be at her place telling her how much he loved her, how he wanted her to live with him. Share his life.

He knew he should have put Rebecca off, but her voice mail sounded urgent. Booth pulled his SUV into his parking space. He sat in his truck and hit her speed dial number again. Still again it went through to her voice mail.

He waited for the greeting to play through and then the beep. "Bones, listen I can explain just answer the phone."

The walk to up to his apartment felt like the longest, he couldn't help but beat himself up. He really messed up. Knowing he shouldn't have answered her call but he did it anyway and landed himself in an argument that felt never ending. Until he finally lost his temper.

Once inside his door Booth flipped the light switch and tossed his keys onto the counter. He sat down in the chair she hated pulled out his phone and pressed her speed dial number. He just wanted to hear her voice.

"What?" came her voice. Irritation and all.

"I can explain Bones," he said quickly perking up. His blood began to rush through his veins. He had to make her understand.

She sighed heavily. "Don't call me Bones," boy she was angry.

"Bones, listen Rebecca wanted to see Parker and I told her I wasn't going to send him after all he had been through and we got into an argument. I know I shouldn't have answered her call but I guess it's just.........I was stupid. I'm sorry."

When she didn't say anything the fear that she would change her mind about their new relationship. "Booth. . . .I'm fine. I understand."

Thank heavens. "Why wouldn't you answer the phone?"

"I wanted you to. . . how does Angela say. . . .stew. Whatever that means." Booth chuckled softly.

"This wasn't how this night was suppose to go. After I got hammered last night. . . by the way sorry for the call."

Temperance found herself laughing this time. "It's okay, you didn't hurt Charlie did you?" The vauge memory of last night came floating back. Charlie called her Bones, he didn't like it he remembered.

"I don't think I did, I believe he brought me home, but after I got hammered I realized something, and it's something I want to talk to you about in person."

Temperance sighed and turned over in bed. Laying on her back. "How about tomorrow, we spend the day with Parker. I'll make a picnic, do you think Rebecca's mother will mind him staying a little longer so we can talk?"

He wasn't use to this, the girlfriend wanting time with his son. He stumbled but finally spoke. "Yeah, sure she won't mind. She loves having him over."

"Well after the day is over we will drop him off and have our talk."

Booth smiled. "Okay Bones," he replied.

"Booth?" her voice dropping the way it did that night.

He sucked in a breath at the memory. "Yeah?" he replied.

"Talk cop to me," Temperance purred.

"I promise Bones, tomorrow night I'll do more than that, but okay. Code five."

Her brow furrowed. "Which means?"

"Wanted Person." he replied.

"And am I?"

Man he loved her voice, "Yes you definately are."

"Good night Booth,"

"Sweet dreams Bones,"

~End call~

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:32 pm

A picnic sounds great!
Parker will like it, Bones isn't too uncomfortable and Booth is happy whenever he is around his son and his Bones.
Can't wait to read more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:53 am

Chapter: 16
R: K
G: angsty a little
D: I don't own any part of Bones.

The moment he see's her the little boy jumps from his fathers car and runs towards her.

"Dr. Bones!" he shouts. Temperance turns from the blanket she had just spread over the grassy area she picked out to spot the young Booth running at full speed towards her. "Dr. Bones!" he repeats.

He looked so much like his father it made her heart jump. She raised a hand up waving at him. His blonde curls bouncing as he ran.

Once he reached her Parker launched himself at her. "Hey Parker," she said catching him. "how are you?"

He looked up at her smiling brightly, he definately had his fathers smile. "I'm fine, I stayed at grandma's she let me have ice cream and cookies even before dinner!"

He pulled Temperance down so he could wispear in her ear. "Don't tell dad though it's a secret."

Booth approached pretending he didn't hear his sons admission to Bones about his before dinner snack with grandma. They were seemingly deep in conversation about the snikerdoodle cookies that she brought.

If he played his cards right it was soon going to be an every night occurance spending time with both of them. Every day and every night.

"Hey Bones," he said pulling her into a hug. "Wow." he said looking over her shoulder at everything she brought. "There's enough food here to feed a small army."

"Don't worry dad," Parker began. "we promise to save some for you." Booth sat on the blanket his back against the tree they were under. Temperance beside him still leaving room for Parker to sit in the middle.

Instead he plopped down on Temperances lap, he pulled a sandwhich from the basket she brought and hand it to her. Then another for himself.

"Hey bud, did you forget something?" Parker looked around. There was already juice out, and chips. He looked at his father confused.

"No, daddy." Booth grunted softly reached over and took a sandwhich from the basket. He let his gaze travel to the woman snickering behind his son's head.

"Oh come on Booth," she said. "He's just looking out for me."

"Well I can do enough of that for all three of us," he replied biting into the sandwhich.

For a moment the trio sat in silence enjoying their lunch until Parker laid his head back on Temperances chest. He had begun playing with the few strands of hair laying on her shoulder. "Did my dad tell you my mom left me?"

Booth nearly choked on his juice. He sat up his eyes meeting Temperance's eyes. She began to run her fingers through his curls as she replied. "Yes, he told me she moved with Drew, but she didn't leave you Parker."

He was silent for a few moments before he continued, "she says she misses me but why did she leave me, doesn't she love me Dr. Bones?"

Temperance dropped a kiss on his head still running her fingers through his hair. He was getting upset and from the look in Booth's eyes he wasn't prepared for it. "She loves you Parker, your gonna see her at Christmas, and I'm certain she will be back every once in awhile."

Parker turned curling up on her lap raising his eyes to meet hers. Both were shiny with unshed tears. There was no fighting the lump in her throat as they spilled over onto her cheeks.

She felt Booth's hand come up under her hair massaging the back of her neck. "My mommy loves Drew now. Daddy says she loves me too it's just that, peoples lives change?" Parker looked back at his father. "Isn't that right daddy?"

"Yeah bud, your right. Your mom loves you alot, but she didn't want to take you so far away from me, and your friends and your grand parents. So she did it for you, you'll see her and you know you can call her anytime you want to."

Temperance hugged him tightly kissing his forehead. "Don't forget Parker you have me and Angela, Hodgins, and Zach."

Parker smiled finally "I like Zach, he's weird in a fun way. Thats what Max says."

Her dad would say something like that. "Well Parker," Booth stood reached down and pulled a foot ball out of the duffel bag he had brought down. "go long bud."

Parker shot up from Temperances lap and darted across the open area. Booth threw the ball but not too hard and not too far. Parker caught it and did the touch down dance Booth taught him.

"Good job bud!" Parker threw it back as hard as he could. Booth watched it wooble through the air he barely caught it as it reached him. "Thanks for that Bones,"

Temperance moved around the blanket removing the paper plates and empty juice bottles. She stood and faced him, her brow furrowed. He could tell by her eyes that she was really angry. Thankfully he knew it wasn't with him.

"How could she do that to him, knowingly do that?"

Booth ran a hand down the length of her arm. "I know, but we'll talk about it later. Lets just have a good day with Parker."

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:11 am

I can understand her anger.....I don't get how a mother could do that.....
I feel really sorry for Parker, but Bones was right he has her and the squints and her dad and Booth and his grandparents of course.
Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:28 am

For Brennan, there have to be some uncomfortable echoes there, though at least Parker still is in contact with his mother. And good of you to keep Booth from being all nasty to Parker about Rebecca (esp after that phone call!). Some parents can't manage that.

And I loved the scene with the food!
Instead he plopped down on Temperances lap, he pulled a sandwhich from the basket she brought and hand it to her. Then another for himself.

"Hey bud, did you forget something?" Parker looked around. There was already juice out, and chips. He looked at his father confused.

"No, daddy." Booth grunted softly reached over and took a sandwhich from the basket. He let his gaze travel to the woman snickering behind his son's head.

Definitely his father's son!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 am

dawnsfire wrote:For Brennan, there have to be some uncomfortable echoes there, though at least Parker still is in contact with his mother. And good of you to keep Booth from being all nasty to Parker about Rebecca (esp after that phone call!). Some parents can't manage that.
Agreed and it was one of the things that rings truest for me about that scene. Booth's love for Parker and his desire that his son have what he didn't - two loving parents - outstrips any animosity he may feel toward Rebecca.

And I loved the scene with the food!

Definitely his father's son!
Very much so, especially now that he's feeling abandoned by Rebecca we can already see how he's transferring his affection from her to Brennan. Combine that with the fact he already had a strong affinity for her, and Booth's own feelings, and something tells me "Mommy Bones" isn't far off. Smile

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:57 am

Chapter: 17 pt 1
g: fluff
r: k
D: I don't own bones guys nope nope sure don't

As the day carried on Parker, Booth, and Temperance had a foot race across the open field. Booth and Temperance both held back letting Parker beat them. When they reached the tree they had lunch at Parker insisted that Booth and Temperance race.

"No," Temperance refused. "I don't want to embarass your father in front of you." she said as she removed her shoes.

"You can't beat me Bones, I'm faster." he replied. He noted her bare feet as she approached him. "Think thats going to give you an advantage?"

"Of course,"

Parker stood in front of the holding a napkin above his head. "On your marks get ready . . . . . "

Booth and Temperance exchanged glances, "Go!"

They took off Temperance pushed herself hard and when she looked to her left Booth was right beside her. She was breathing through her nose pumping her legs pushing herself.

Still he was right there with her running with ease, so she dug a little deeper. Booth looked at her and smiled.

Temperance grunted and dug a little deeper. They were nearing the end point so she pushed harder. "Go Dr. Bones!" Parker yelled behind her.

Go she shall, she looked over again and Booth had fallen back slightly. As she reached the tree she reached her hand out slapping the tree.

Booth was only seconds behind her. "I. . . . .let. . . .you. . . win." he panted. Booth sat down, laying down on the grass. Parker was running for them jumping and yelling wildly.

"Daddy, got beat by a girl!" he shouted.

Temperance laid next to him, resting her head in the crook of his arm.

"I did. . . .beat. . .you." she said.

If he had any energy he would have tried to pursue the argument, but Temperance Brennan could run. . .really run.

He didn't think he was going to make it, he bearly caught up with her. "Daddy," Parker laid down beside his father patting him on his stomach.

"Daddy?" Parker called again when he didn't answer.

"Yes son?"

"Daddy, you got beat." Parker said. Like it was some big discovery that he had just come across.

"I know son," Boot replied.

"But dad, you got beat by a girl." Booth popped one eye open. Glanced at his watch.

"Lets get going bud, your grandma is expecting you."

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:18 am

Well, he is 7! lol! And way to deflect, Booth.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Chapter: 17 pt. 2
R: K
D: I own no part of Bones

Temperance sat in the SUV while Booth took Parker out of his booster seat. As he climbed out into his fathers arms he hugged his neck tightly. "I love you daddy," he said quietly in his fathers ear. "Thank you for a fun day."

Booth fought the lump that began to rise in his throat. He squeezed his son back, kissing him on the head as he put him down. Parker went around the truck to the passenger side and knocked on Temperance's door. She opened and helped him climb up into her lap.

"Thanks for a fun day Dr. Bones, I really liked the cookies," He said kissing her on the cheek.

She smiled and ruffled his hair. " Your welcome Parker, and I'll get you some of those cookies, they were my favorite when I was little too,"

Those blue eyes bore into hers before he hugged her neck tightly. "Say yes, okay." he wispered in her ear. Temperance pulled back confused. "I love you Dr. Bones."

She stared at the pint sized Booth, was it genetic that the smile and those eyes could make the heart jump. When Parker grew up he was going to be like his father. What did he mean by say yes? "I love you to Parker." she said just as he climbed out of her lap.

Rebecca's mother Joyce met him on the top step. Her graying hair pulled back into a low pony tail. She looked like Rebecca, or rather Rebecca looked like her. Booth told her earlier in the day while Parker swung on the swings at the play ground that Joyce was no where near happy with her daughters decision.

It was as if Rebecca was trying to start a new life without their son, but he didn't want Parker to get any wind of that. As long as Rebecca called him and they spoke everyday or night Parker still felt connected. Some how.

Joyce did her best to talk Rebecca out of her decision, but like she told Booth once before. She wanted to be with the man that she loved.

Temperance waved to Joyce as Booth headed back to the truck. "Ready?" he said as he got in?

She wanted to ask him so badly what did Parker mean by say yes, but she didn't. She wanted to give him the chance to tell her exactly what he wanted to tell her. Still she burned to ask him what it was that he wanted to ask her, he said that it was important.

"Yeah, where are we headed?"

"My place," Booth replied.

They continued on in silence, both nervous. Definately nervous, he wanted to burst he was so excited. More than excited, he reached over and took her hand in his. Squeezing it gently.

Finally Booth pulled into his parking space in front of his building. "I don't know how to start," he said.

"Well how about we get inside first?" Temperance began to open her door but was stopped by a hand on her wrist.

"No, I don't want to wait. I want to know what your going to say first Bones," Booth felt his heart jump as he looked into her eyes.

"What is it Booth?" he inter laced their fingers. Holding their hands close to his heart.

"I want you next to me every night Bones, I don't want to talk to you on phone late at night. I want to lay next to you in our bed and talk to you. About the day, even about the case, about our child hoods. I want to have fights with you about little stuff,"

He stopped to kiss her hands. "Do you know what I'm asking here Bones?"

Her mind whirled as she shook her head. Eyes still glued to his some how she knew exactly what he was saying what he was trying to ask her, but then she didn't.

If Angela was here she knew she would probably be either crying or pushing her towards the answer she should know.

"Bones, I want to wake up next to you. Have you cook me a crappy breakfeast in the morning, argue over how I eat in the living room. . . "

"Booth, I'm an excellent cook." she smiled. "I know what your asking I think."

"So?"

"Just ask me Booth."

"I want to marry you Temperance, I want you to be my wife. I want you in my home our home, in our bed. Say yes." he said.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next