Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Late Night Calls~

+9
Bonesbabe
MoonlightGardenias
ScienceLove&Pie
ToZiKa
southerngirl
treble21
THX1138
dawnsfire
annd28
13 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

~Late Night Calls~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Late Night Calls~

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:16 pm

This really frustrates me because I got two alerts telling me one of my absolute favorite BB fics, Seasons Without Sun, has been updated finally. And then this happens and I can't read it? *grumbles*

Anyway, I'm loving the updates. Keep it up. Cool Laughing
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:49 pm

hey moonlight I absolutely love your banner now. . . .how do I get one of those nifty looking deals?

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:36 pm

My friend Jo made me mine, but you can probably find one over in one of the Bones comms over at LJ (Livejournal). There's a lot of talented people over there, so if you don't see something you like there's probably a request thread somewhere.

And thanks, I love it too. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Chapter:22
R:k
G:fluff
D: I do not in any way own Bones. Don't sue me.

"One, two, three!" Booth shouted tossing his son high into the air. Parker squealed with delight as he flew upward and then quickly feel back down again into his fathers open arms. The park was unusually empty for a Saturday afternoon and since Bones decided that she would work today of all days he took Parker to have some fun until she was finished.

The sun beamed down on them as they ran around the open area. He lifted his son up tossing him until Parker spotted the ice cream vendor.

Booth lifted him up and swung him around to his back.

He couldn't help but realize how happy his son was these days. Then thought occured to him. As much as he was upset with her, he didn't want his son to forget his mother. No matter what she was into right now, down the road nothing was going to change the fact that she gave birth to him. She was his mother. It was time for a talk he himself was dreading.

"Lets go sit over here, I want to talk to you." Booth carried Parker over to a picnic table. Turning so he could stand on the bench. Booth took a spot next to him.

Parker licked his dripping ice cream from around the cone and fixed his father with a serious stare. "Is a grown up conversation daddy?"

Booth shook his head. "Okay," Parker replied. "shoot." said Parker as he went back to licking his ice cream cone.

"Why haven't you asked about talking to your mother?" There it was out there, but still the breath that he was holding he was unable to release it.

Parker shrugged his shoulders continuing to lick his ice cream cone. "Parker, listen. Your mom. . . . .well she,"

"Dad I know. We talked about it remember?"

Had they? When had they talked about it? "At the picnic with Bones?" he asked.

Parker nodded his head, his blonde curls bouncing on his head. "You said people change, I remember. I'm seven now daddy I remember lots." continuing to lick his cone he looked at his dad.

"One more thing bud,"

"Yeah?" Parker replied.

Booth smiled at the fact he was getting to officially tell his son this bit of news. After getting official word from the doctor that Bones was in fact three weeks pregnant he could tell his son the news. "Your getting a Christmas present early."

Parkers eyes lit with excitement as he literally began to bounce in his seat. "Really daddy! Really? What is it?"

"Well," Booth began pulling him into his lap. "in about eight months and one week you will be a big brother. We're having a baby."

Parkers face dropped, his eyes went to his fathers stomach and then back to his face. "Daddy, your a boy. You can't. . . ."

"Not me silly Bones." The excitment returned.

"Cool!" Parker yelled.

Booth ruffled his sons hair. Yeah it was pretty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The file was taking longer than she thought it was going to. She wanted to be home by at least four, but at this rate that wasn't going to happen. Temperance held a pen in her teeth as she looked over her work on her third file from limbo.

The unknown was identified as Alan Manson, ninteen years old. She signed the paper work and closed it sitting it atop the others. Her mind was a constant world wind these days. Between work, Booth, the baby. She wasn't sure if she was coming or going. Which was unlike her, this was usually what she enjoyed. Being caught up in her work. It was what she enjoyed to do. It. . .

"Hey Dr. Brennan?" Cam stood in her door way. "I'm heading out, so your on your own."

"Okay, see you on Monday?" Temperance waved a hand as Cam left.

"And then there was one," she said to herself.

Everyone was off doing their own thing, which was fine with her, she needed the time to think. To get some work done, to destress.

Opening her cell phone she pressed his speed dial number. He picked up on the third ring.

"Talk cop to me," she said grinning.

Booth was grinning himself as he replied, "Now you understand your breaking the rules. These talks are only meant for night hours. When are you coming home?"

Temperance looked at the clock on her computer. Gauging her time. "Its nearly three now, I should be finished within the hour."

"Okay," he replied. "but we are going to limit your Saturday hours,"

"I'll see you soon." was all she said.

Booth sighed heavily, tearing her from the office was going to be a fight in itself. "I love you." he replied. Then the line went dead.

Temperance stared at her cell for a moment before picking up her pen to resume her work. This is what the Jeffersonian paid her to do. Identify the unidentifiable, she loved her job. It was what she was good at. If he thought that she was going to stop her work just because it was Saturday he was mistaken. There were families waiting on these victims as well as any other.

She was deep in her own thoughts when a knock on the paneling of her door broke through. Expecting to see her fiance she turned in her chair to face the door.

"Booth I'm not. . . . ." her words froze in her throat as her eyes widened.

"I'm not Booth," replied Rebecca.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Boy, they sure do let just anyone traipse through the lab, don't they? Very Happy That's a surprise! Wonder what she wants...and why she's going to Brennan!

As for what Brennan says about working, it sounds a little as though she's trying to convince herself. Actually I like that you have that--a lot of fics tend to blithely gloss over how she might feel about making these massive life-changes. She may indeed want them (marriage and children), but since it's the complete opposite of what she used to want, there should be some adjustment period. Don't delay, Mistress Ann, for thou hast but whet my appetite the more!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:44 pm

omg! wasnt expecting that! cant wait to see what Rebecca wants with Bren....

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:46 pm

I loved the setup for the reveal at the end. So Becs is back, is there gonna be trouble? Can someone say Cat Fight perhaps? I mean Rebecca has been anything but the loving mother lo' these past few months, while Brennan has been nothing but - so how do we think Bren will react if Becs announces her intention of taking Parker away from Booth and Brennan? I'm guessing she kicks Rebecca's ass.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, Brennan presumably knows some good lawyers. I wonder how official the custody agreement was? (Booth mentioned something about that earlier in that frustrating call)

I'm thinking there's a chance that Rebecca knows nothing of how Booth & Parker's lives have come to turn upon Brennan; I mean the whole engagement thing mostly. No way for her to know about the pregnancy or even that Parker wants to call Brennan Mommy. So she comes to her rival to ask for help? Is it possible?

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Rebecca? Shocked
wow where did she come from?

oh god, I hope she won't try to get Parker back or anything.

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:20 am

Woot! Let's get ready to rumble!!! Update soon!

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:26 am

dawnsfire wrote:Well, Brennan presumably knows some good lawyers. I wonder how official the custody agreement was? (Booth mentioned something about that earlier in that frustrating call)
That's an excellent point. They've never really established a legal custody agreement and without one legal custody would devolve to the parent with primary physical custody at the time. Though Booth could be at a disadvantage as a man (father's rights in custody cases are still shamefully neglected by the courts in most cases) the fact that Rebecca abandoned her son (yes, to Booth's care but legally she did abandon him) and left the country would weigh against her in court. Add in the stable and loving relationship Parker has with Brennan and the home life he has with her and Booth, a really good lawyer, Brennan's money, and Rebecca is going to get her ass handed to her in court.

I'm thinking there's a chance that Rebecca knows nothing of how Booth & Parker's lives have come to turn upon Brennan; I mean the whole engagement thing mostly. No way for her to know about the pregnancy or even that Parker wants to call Brennan Mommy. So she comes to her rival to ask for help? Is it possible?
I think that's most probable. As far as Rebecca knows she and Brennan have no real issues. They've always dealt with one another honestly and with a degree of mutual respect. Becs has no clue just how pissed of at her Bren is, nor that it's over her treatment of Parker. I can only imagine Rebecca coming to Brennan for help with Parker & Seeley, thinking that she can count on the dispassionate Doctor to help her out or at least be straight with her, only to get a can of whup'ass opened up on her when "Momma" Brennan shows up - nothing stirs up those maternal instincts like another female sniffing around the den. This is gonna be fun.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:19 am

Chapter: 22
R: k
G: fluff of course lol
D: I don't own Bones

"Rebecca?" It took her moment to process it but her mind began working quickly and effectively as soon as she got over the inital shock of the moment. "When did you get. . ."

Rebecca rolled her eyes crossing her arms over her chest she leaned against the door opening. "Where's my son?" her voice held a certain sneer to it that Temperance was not finding appreciative at all, but was was she to expect?

"He's with Booth why?" Stay calm. She told herself, which wasn't hard for her to do but if Rebecca actually believed that she was going to come trapsing back into Parkers life like nothing ever happened she was mistaken. "Why are you here?"

Blowing out a breath of frustration Rebecca tightened her lips and glanced off to the side, her eyes turning to slits as she fixed her gaze back on Temperance. Who did she actually think she was questioning her? After her mother told her how well Parker was adapting to being with Booth and his now fiance, she figured she had better find away to get back home.

She had never had a reason to dislike Dr. Brennan but if she was living with them and they were planning to get married then how long would it be before Parker forgot about her? It wasn't as if she didn't want to take her son with her, but her mother suggested she leave him.

A boy needs his father, she told her. A boy also needed his mother, but Parker was happy in school. Being with his friends. It wouldn't have been fair to move him when he was so happy. She had to admit how easy it was to live her life and enjoy her time with Drew without him. Which she did feel slightly guilty about. It was like she was living the life she would have had if she hadn't gotten pregnant.

The first time she thought about, the first day. It scared her that she didn't feel the immediate guilt, that was until she spoke to her mother. "Have you spoken to Parker?" and that was that. The lecture seemed to go on forever. How she was suppose to be a mother. Then when her mother told her about the new developments. "Rebecca?" She refocused.

From the look on the good doctors face she had probably called her name more than once. "I'm here for my son, my mother told me about you and Seeley." said Rebecca. She tilted her head to the side as she said. "What did you think Dr. Brennan, that while I was gone you could replace me take me out of my son's life?"

Temperance leaned further back in her chair. "You did that on your own," she said crossing her arms over her chest now. Only to hide the fact that her fist were balled. "I didn't have to help you there."

Rebecca's mouth dropped open. "How dare you I. . . ."

"No," Temperance began standing. "no, how dare you Rebecca? You left him, you made that choice. Yes you decided to go and yes you called every day but that soon ended did it not?"

Rebecca's face paled. "You have no idea what it was like for me without my son. "

Temperance snorted. "I could give a careless about what it was like for you. What I care about is the little boy you thought so little of. Parker was heart broken he thought you hated him that you didn't love him." She let that sink in. Watched the emotions run across Rebecca's face.

She looked to the floor then raised her head slowly. Tears swimming in her eyes, "I do love him, he's my son."

Temperance took her coat from the back of her chair. Grabbed her bag at the same time along with some case files. "If your looking for sympathy and pity you've come to the wrong person." She walked toward the door but after she past Rebecca she stopped. Turned and found her staring at her. Their eyes met and held. "If you even think about coming by or taking Parker. . . .if its a fight your looking for then its a fight you will most definately get."

Rebecca watched her leave. "You have to come with me now ma'am." said the guard who was waiting for them to finish.Hank never made it habit of hanging around this area of the Jeffersonian especially this time of day. There was usually no one around, but the moment he heard the beginning of the conversation he decided to hang around.

Not that he was afraid of Dr. Brennan being injured his concern was for the other young woman. Rebecca turned and followed him out. Hank glanced down at her, tears streamind down her cheeks. She must have never been told that you never upset Dr. Brennan. It was like grabbing an angry rattle snake by the tail. You were guaranteed it was going to strike you. From the look on this young womans face she had just been bitten.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

More than tired and a little more than irritated Temperance pushed her key into the lock of the apartment. Her stomach grumbled at her, demanding food. Pushing the door open she was treated to a sight of both Parker and Booth laid across the couch. Parker on his fathers chest sleeping peacefully. His arms tucked beneath his head. Booth had an arm slung over Parkers back. The other tucked behind his own head.

Her heart swelled at the picture of the two of them. She dropped her things into the chair she told Booth to throw out and crossed the room approaching them. Slowly she lifted Parker up from Booth's embrace. Careful not to wake him to carried him down the hall to his room.

He woke as she layed him down. "Mommy," he mummered smiling. "your home finally." he said.

"Yes I'm home, did you have fun today?" He nodded his head and opened his arms waiting on a hug. Temperance leaned down wrapping her arms around him. Kissing his cheek she squeezed tighter.

"Yeah we went to the park and we had ice cream and daddy and me played army. Then we played cops. . . " he yawned. " and I got to arrest daddy."

She laughed softly. "You did?" Parker nodded closing his eyes. "well finish your nap." he turned on his side and drifted back off to sleep.

Temperance returned to the living room to find Booth still sleeping soundly. She didn't want to wake him but she had been feeling guilty about the way she snapped at him earlier. This change wasn't going to be easy for her, and he had to understand that.

Before him, before they even decided to give this a shot her work was all she had, her work kept her sane and now more than ever she definately needed to keep her mind occupied. An escape so her emotions didn't over take her.

Now there was so much more. She sat on the couch and stared at him for a second. Leaning down she kissed his lips. Booth slowly opened his eyes then placed his hand on the back of her head. Holding her to him, to deepen the kiss.

He parted her lips with his tounge sliding it in. He sucked her bottom lip in and as the kiss continued he began to rub slow circles on her back. Temperance chased his tounge with her own. Pulling away only to nip at his bottom lip. She looked down at him and found him grinning.

"I'm sorry for rushing you," he said. "I know how important your work is to you."

Temperance traced the lines of his face with her finger. "I'm sorry for snapping, but I had a visitor today after I talked to you?"

Booth's brow furrowed. "Who?"

Temperance sighed heavily. "Rebecca. She wants Parker."

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:31 am

First of all I LOVE this Brennan you've written, she's the Brennan I'd expect - the one who knows her heart, knows what's hers and will fight to keep it. Rebecca is in for one hell of a fight, the thing is what will Parker say? Will he want to go back to his birth mother or stay with the woman who's been there for him when he needed a mother most? With Booth and Brennan, Parker gets the whole family and yet...and yet he is a mini-Booth. I can see Parker making the decision that while being with Brennan and Booth would make him happiest, Rebecca needed him more so he'd stay with her to make her happy. That's the Booth gene in action. I can't wait to see what happens.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:35 am

THX1138 wrote:First of all I LOVE this Brennan you've written, she's the Brennan I'd expect - the one who knows her heart, knows what's hers and will fight to keep it. Rebecca is in for one hell of a fight, the thing is what will Parker say? Will he want to go back to his birth mother or stay with the woman who's been there for him when he needed a mother most? With Booth and Brennan, Parker gets the whole family and yet...and yet he is a mini-Booth. I can see Parker making the decision that while being with Brennan and Booth would make him happiest, Rebecca needed him more so he'd stay with her to make her happy. That's the Booth gene in action. I can't wait to see what happens.

king RM

Thanks Robert, I do my best to think what would she say or how would she react. Glad to know I'm doing a good job at it. As far as if he's gonna go or not, i'm working that out now. I'm working on his reaction. Thanks again. Smile

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:25 am

This story is awesome. Rebecca is in for onw heck of a fight Smile

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:45 pm

She must have never been told that you never upset Dr. Brennan. It was like grabbing an angry rattle snake by the tail. You were guaranteed it was going to strike you. From the look on this young womans face she had just been bitten.
I have to agree with the others, and this is a perfect description, I think. *rubs hands together in anticipation* Can't wait!

As for Rebecca, that is a believable motive--if she was young (early 20s?) when Parker was born or is a party girl at heart, of course, she's going to enjoy being out on the town like that. I think though, she just had it brought rather sharply to her attention you can't drop and pick up responsibilities at your convenience.
I forgot about her mother knowing about the engagement!

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Chapter:23
R:k
G: fluff with a bit of angst I suppose
D: I don't own Bones

As if on cue Booths cell phone rang. He had one clue to who it could be. Reading the front display he closed his eyes blowing out a breath before flipping it open.

"I want my son," Rebecca said cooly. "I want to take him back with me. I'm going to take him back with me."

Booth clinched and unclinched his jaw, sitting back against the cushion of the couch he opened his eyes and sighed. "You gave me sole custody rememeber. You signed the papers so legally you don't have a right."

"Seeley I will not let the daughter of a killer raise my son!" Rebecca screamed. Temperance's mouth fell open. Her eyes grew wide, closing her mouth she pressed her lips tightly together.

Booth felt his own anger rising, and it bubbled quickly. He stood making a fist and through clenched teeth he replied. "Don't you ever talk about my wife that way again!"

"She isn't your wife yet Seeley. How do you know she'll even hang around? I want Parker." she said again.

Clenching and unclenching his jaw was causing him to develop a headache. There was no way this was the same Rebecca he had once loved. The same woman who was the mother to his child. She didn't even sound like herself. "Rebecca I'm going to say this once so listen to me. Your not taking him. I have custody and this time Rebecca I call the shots."

"You can't keep him from me Seeley!" she screamed. Her voice carried clearly to where Temperance was sitting once again. "He is my son too!"

"Just because your jealous Rebecca doesn't mean you can take him. He's happy, he's adjusted. Even your own mother thinks he's better off. That is why your finally back am I right? Joyce put a guilt trip on you." replied Booth. "Jump back on the plane you rode in on and fly back to Europe to your Drew."

There was silence on the other end for a moment. He could hear her breathing heavily and then with sobs in her voice. "I just.........I just..... want to see him Booth." she replied brokenly. "I.....miss him."

Booth looked at Temperance the silent messgae passed between them. "We'll have to discuss it."

"Meaning,"

"My wife and I will have to discuss it." Rebecca finally heard the finality of the conversation and simply replied "Ok." Flipping his phone shut Booth tossed it on the coffee table.

Temperance stared at him, concern in her eyes and love in her heart. It wasn't too often Booth lost his cool and she was glad he remembered Parker down the hall and didn't yell to loudly. She didn't want him to walk in on the middle of something like this.

She stood and approached Booth slowly. How many times had he refered to her as his "wife"? It felt odd, but it felt nice. She looked up at him wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his shirt. Inhaling the clean scent of him she began to run her hands up and down his back.

"She's not taking my son," Booth said. Wrapping his arms around Temperance lowering his face into her hair he kissed the top of her head.

"As I told her this afternoon, she won't hurt him again. We'll fight her." Booth sighed heavily.

"You would do that for my son?" Temperance pulled back looking him in the eye she reached up and kissed his lips softly.

"Our son," she replied. Then laying her head back on his chest she listened as his heart beat finally slowed.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Parker Booth sat in his bed eyes glued to his partially open door. Heart racing faster than a jack rabbit in his chest. Tears streaming from his eyes, he climbed off his bed and went to his dresser. Pulled open his sock drawer and dug around until his fingers brushed the metal of the frame. He pulled it out then holding it tightly to his chest climbed up into the chair that Bones sat in when they read together. He stood and turned the switch on to the small lamp she bought him covered in dinosaurs.

With the light finally on he sat in the chair indian style. Looking down at the picture of the mother that left him. Now she wanted to take him away. Away from his daddy away from Bones. Her smiling picture use to comfort him when he missed her most. Now it angered him, he knew she was mommy but mommy's weren't suppose to leave their kids.

Bones never did that, even that one day he called her at work. Well his grandma dialed but she talked to him for as long as he talked to her. She listened to him when he told her about trying to catch the grass hoppers. When he tried to call his other mommy she just told him how cool it was and that she had to go.

Just the thought of never being able to her again use to make him sad. Now the thought that he didn't see her didn't make him sad, he wanted his mommy. Mommy Bones.

Whiping the tears from his face he climbed out of the chair put the picture in it face down and walked from his room.

"Mommy?" he called as he entered the living room. Temperance turned to him a smile on her face. She opened her arms and he went to her. She lifted him into a hug kissing his face. She pulled back.

"Parker have you been crying?" Booth, who had went into the kitchen to get dinner ready came back after hearing this. Parker looked at Booth adults and the finally his eyes on his father he said.

"I don't want to go daddy. I want to stay here,"

Booth looked at Temperance who began to rub Parkers back. "You aren't going anywhere." she said.

"But bud if you want to see your mom you can. She's at grandma's." Parker nodded and laid his head on Temperances' shoulder.

"I want to," he replied, but only to see her. Not to leave. He said to himself.

BBBBBBBBBBBBB

After diner Booth and Temperance put Parker to bed. They could both see in his eyes he was scared and both had reassured him that Rebecca couldn't take him.

"I'm exhausted," said Booth as he climbed into bed on his side.

Temperance snorted reaching over and flipping out the light. She laid her head across Booth's chest. Her eyes already threatening to close on her. "He's so worried Booth. Its not fair for her to do this."

Booth sighed pulling Temperance up further on his chest he rested his chin on the top of her head. "Lets not talk about Rebecca." he said. The nights belonged to them. Just because they were now in the same house didn't mean the talks stopped. Those were the best parts of his day. "Talk nerdy to me Dr. Brennan."

She smiled and closed her eyes. "Only if you promise that you'll get rid of that ugly chair."

Booth chuckled softly. "Come on Bones, that chair is really comfortable. You just need to sit in it."

She shook her head. "Not even if I was threatened with Daisy as my permanet assitant,"

Booth laughed again. "Wow, now that is brave."

"I'm made of tough stuff," she replied.

He hugged her tightly. "You haven't said anything nerdy yet." said Booth.

"Ok," Temperance said. "fertilization."

"hmmm, sexy."

"Good night Booth," she said.

"Good night Bones,"

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:50 pm

dawnsfire wrote:
She must have never been told that you never upset Dr. Brennan. It was like grabbing an angry rattle snake by the tail. You were guaranteed it was going to strike you. From the look on this young womans face she had just been bitten.
I have to agree with the others, and this is a perfect description, I think. *rubs hands together in anticipation* Can't wait!

As for Rebecca, that is a believable motive--if she was young (early 20s?) when Parker was born or is a party girl at heart, of course, she's going to enjoy being out on the town like that. I think though, she just had it brought rather sharply to her attention you can't drop and pick up responsibilities at your convenience.
I forgot about her mother knowing about the engagement!

queen

Thats the way I'm trying to look at it. My mom had us young and I'm the second oldest of 5 the youngest is 16 so my mom is reliving the good ole days she missed out on. Respectfully though. She's going out like she could have when she was a teenager. But still in bed by 9 (old woman) lol would never tell her I said that. But that's what I'm shooting for with Rebecca eventhough I don't like her she's still his momma.

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:05 pm

This was the fluffiest of fluffy chapters and I loves it. I love anytime we get an emotionally developed and intelligent Brennan. Again Ann, I love your depiction of her - it's season 1/2 Brennan not S4 Brennan. The best parts are this:
"You would do that for my son?" Temperance pulled back looking him in the eye she reached up and kissed his lips softly.

"Our son," she replied. Then laying her head back on his chest she listened as his heart beat finally slowed.
and
Bones never did that, even that one day he called her at work. Well his grandma dialed but she talked to him for as long as he talked to her. She listened to him when he told her about trying to catch the grass hoppers. When he tried to call his other mommy she just told him how cool it was and that she had to go.
For a woman who claimed to have no maternal instinct at one time in the show, her ability to grow and adapt is remarkeable (Baby in the Bough) and I think these two quotes are the perfect synopsis of that, the burgeoning maternal instinct flowering as Brennan comes to accept her role as both Wife and Mother. Becs is gonna get her ass kicked.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:19 pm

And Ann's selling the tickets!

Mind you, they might just have a semi-reluctant ally in Rebecca's mom. Obviously, she thinks Brennan's all right, she's just worried that Parker will forget his bio-mom.

Just--no kidnapping, all right? I don't care if Rebecca completely leaves or if they work out a mutually agreeable modus vivendi (obviously the 2nd would be nicer for Parker) and Rebecca stops beating her head against the brick wall that is a united B&B. Besides, that will only get her jail time because there is no way in Hell Booth wouldn't find her and forget what he told Parker about not hitting girls!
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:23 pm

dawnsfire wrote:And Ann's selling the tickets!

Mind you, they might just have a semi-reluctant ally in Rebecca's mom. Obviously, she thinks Brennan's all right, she's just worried that Parker will forget his bio-mom.

Just--no kidnapping, all right? I don't care if Rebecca completely leaves or if they work out a mutually agreeable modus vivendi (obviously the 2nd would be nicer for Parker) and Rebecca stops beating her head against the brick wall that is a united B&B. Besides, that will only get her jail time because there is no way in Hell Booth wouldn't find her and forget what he told Parker about not hitting girls!
Booth still wouldn't hit her. Bones, on the other hand, would, as we say down south, stomp a mud hole in her ass and walk it dry. It's a partner thing...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:28 pm

U guys are super funny and thanks for the awsome reviews but what happened to the late century throw down I wanna see a winner and I had fun attempting to read it but again thanks and I can assure no kidnapping

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:35 pm

She wants us to speak "forsoothly," Rob! What say you, O King? (I will admit in iambic pentameter, you would have the edge; poetry is a mostly closed book to me, esp once you start talking about scansion, rhyme, and meter!)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm

dawnsfire wrote:She wants us to speak "forsoothly," Rob! What say you, O King? (I will admit in iambic pentameter, you would have the edge; poetry is a mostly closed book to me, esp once you start talking about scansion, rhyme, and meter!)

queen

::jumps up and down:: yes! I'll ring the bell ready king Rob!!

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:53 pm

dawnsfire wrote:She wants us to speak "forsoothly," Rob! What say you, O King? (I will admit in iambic pentameter, you would have the edge; poetry is a mostly closed book to me, esp once you start talking about scansion, rhyme, and meter!)

queen
We find thy terms acceptable oh Queen, and seeking not to profit in so ill a manner we would agree to keep all verse not yet blank from out this thread. As thou hath spoken, so mote it be. Let this, our will, be the whole of the law going forward.

Fair Ann, as this game at thy bequest doth start, shall thee agree to judge our worthy efforts?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content