Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Late Night Calls~

+9
Bonesbabe
MoonlightGardenias
ScienceLove&Pie
ToZiKa
southerngirl
treble21
THX1138
dawnsfire
annd28
13 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

~Late Night Calls~ - Page 8 Empty Re: ~Late Night Calls~

Post by ToZiKa Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:23 pm

oh I didn't mean that it isn't possible, that you don't realize it at first, but read through a few pregnancy-stories and you'll see that in more than half of it, she does not realize.....I just think it's strange that it happens in so many different stories

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:12 am

chapter: 27
R:k
Genre: fluff
D: I don't own bones

Booth laid out on the sleeper sofa, a pillow between his head. Doing his best to try to get some sleep, but each time Temperance even made a sound he was next to her. Holding her hand.

Since sleep wasn't coming to him just yet he went back to the chair next to her bed. She woke when he took her hand in his. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine Booth," she said at one point. "I'm just. . . ." her face contracted, putting a hand over her face she did her best to remember her breathing techniques. "it's just painful." she finished.

"I'm right here with you Bones, I know what your going through." he said softly. Boy it was like the devil himself was showing up for the party. Her eyes flew open and fixed on his, her soft blue eyes now looked hard and dangerous.

"Booth, I'm laying here big as a house, in more pain than I think I have ever experianced. How can you possibly know what I'm going through." He lifted up stepping back away from the bed.

"I'm"

"Yeah I bet you are all you had to do was make a deposit I'm the one making the withdrawl!"

He knew it was just the irritation of the situation. She didn't mean it but she turned away from him so he couldn't see her face and began to rub her belly. He had heard of women getting upset during labor but that was always from the guys in the office after their wives had kids. Now he was getting it.

Booth turned when he heard the door being pushed open. A nurse came in, she smiled at Booth. "Good evening, how are you and how's our mommy to be."

"Miserable," answered Temperance.

"Well, I'm going to check you, to see how much you have dilated. Hopefully we will have a baby here soon." She continued on getting in front of the bed. Instructing Temperance on what to do.

"I'm going to give you some privacy," said Booth. Not really knowing what to do with himself.

"No, come here." said Temperance. "Just stay with me okay." Never a weak person but she could see that he was a bit upset with the tounge lashing she just gave him. He took her outstretched hand.

The nurse rose, now finished. A smile on her lips. "Well Ms. Brennan your at an 8 so just a little longer and we'll have your baby girl here soon." They both thanked her as she left the room.

"I'm sorry," Temperance said as Booth took a seat in the chair.

"Its okay, Bones. I can take it, you yell at me if you want to."

She blew out a breath slowly as another contraction came on. Squeezing Booths hand very hard. He did his best not to wince in pain. "Oh my God do I hate this!" she said through clenched teeth.

Suddenly tears began to stream from her eyes, "Babe, what can I get you?" Booth asked. Rubbing her cheek.

"Ice, something cold. I'm just so hot. . ." she began to cry a little harder. "and . . . . .stop touching me!" she pushed his hand away squeezing the other as another contraction came on.

He thought the other guys were exaggerating about the way their wives lashed out. Now he knew they weren't kidding. Booth smiled and did his best not to wince. "Booth?" she asked breathing hard.

"Yeah." he answered.

"Please ice chips? Ice something anything?"

He smiled. "Right," he replied and buzzed the nurses desk.

"Yes?" came a womans voice

"Can my wi. . . my fiance get some ice?"

"Sure." she replied.

Temperance was smiling now. "You wanted to call me your wife," she said.

"After the baby gets here. I wanna marry you, I don't care where as long as we do it in the near future I'm a happy man."

Temperance closed her eyes. "Of course Booth,"

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:04 pm

This is what you never say to a woman in labor:
I know what your going through
Even I know that!

all you had to do was make a deposit I'm the one making the withdrawl!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:33 pm

dawnsfire wrote:This is what you never say to a woman in labor:
I know what your going through
Even I know that!
Yeah, even I knew better. I'd say 'poor Booth', but dude had it coming.

all you had to do was make a deposit I'm the one making the withdrawl!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yeah, that one was snort worthy, Laughing

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:19 am

The one thing that all stories about labor leave out is how hungry you get. Your body is working really hard and for first babies it usually takes at least 10 hours, even 24 hours. You get hungry. I spent half my time durring the blissful epidural time thinking about what I wanted to eat.
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by annd28 Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:08 am

Chapter: 28
R: k
G:fluff
D: I do not own Bones in any way form or fashion. I wish I did though.

It was like a dream to her, laying in her hospital bed. Eyes focused on her new baby girl. It was suddenly hard to imagine the way she use to feel about this whole thing. Bringing a child into a society such as this, but there was Booth and Angela. Cam and Hodgins, that showed her that everything in life didn't have to be regarded with such clinical views all the time.

Giving birth showed her that not even she could control every situation. To bring a life into the world, to go through so much pain was well worth it in the end. Temperance looked down at her baby girl and smiled. Little Christina Joy Booth stared back at her. Clutching her finger pulling it into her mouth and sucking on it.

She let the tears that pooled in her eyes over flow. As she looked down into her brown eyes she promised her she would never leave her. Nothing would tear her away from her child.

"Hi," said Booth softly. Temperance hadn't even realized he had walked back into the room. "How are my girls?"

"We're both fine." replied Temperance.

Booth stood over them, bending low to kiss Temperance and then dropping a kiss on Christina's head. He inhaled her scent and held for a moment. It saddend him to think he missed this with Parker.

"Someone's waiting to meet her," said Booth. Just then Parker was pushing the door open. Joyce held his hand as they entered.

"How are you Temperance?" Joyce asked as she neared the bed. "Oh she's just beautiful!" she said in awe.

"Do you want to hold her?" Dropping her things into the chair next to the bed she carefully took the baby.

"Seeley, she has your eyes, and look at all that hair." Joyce ran a hand over the dark curls.

"Grandma can I see?" Parker was trying to get on tip toe to see his new sister. Booth pulled a second chair over so she could sit and Parker could get a better view of her.

He looked at her leaned and kissed her cheek. A smile on his face. "I wanna call her Chris, can I do that mommy?"

"Sure Parker," Temperance replied.

Parker held his sisters hand. "I wanted a brother," he said this to Chris. "but you smell nice enough and daddy said girls are more fun in the long run. So I guess we can keep you."

All three adults laughed. "Well little boy, I think we better get going, you have school in the morning and your parents need their rest."

Joyce stood handing the baby to Booth. "She's adorable Temperance." Parker climbed up onto the bed to give his mother a hug.

"You be good for Joyce okay," Temperance kissed his cheek and gave him a hug.

"As always mommy." he said scooting off the bed. "Bye dad," he said hugging his leg. Booth bent down so he could kiss the baby good bye. "Good night Chris,"

Joyce and Parker left the room leaving Booth and Temperance alone. "I have some news." Booth said sitting on the bed next to her. "Its about Rebecca."

Temperance felt her heart hitch. "Which is?"

"She called me yesterday, she decided she wouldn't fight us for Parker. She talked it over with Drew and they decided that it was best. . .well I think Drew decided that it was best that Parker stay here. I was expecting her to be . . . .hostile about it, like before but even she admitted it was tough seeing someone else raising her son." Taking a breath he laid back wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"I know it upsets you Booth, she's his mother, and I know you would never want her out of Parkers life,"

"Bones, I want what's best for my son, our son, and right now Rebecca has some issues she needs to straighten out. Maybe she'll get back on the right track soon." He sighed heavily, "Lets not talk about Rebecca anymore. I have more news,"

"Wow, your just filled with suprises today aren't you?" She chuckled.

He smiled back at her. "Well, with Christina coming home soon, I figured we need a bigger place. I found a house that I believe you'll love."

"You did?"

"Yes and," he pulled her engagement ring from his pocket. "and I want this to be offical as soon as we get you out of here."

Her brow cocked. "Really?"

"Yes," he replied. "now." he said pulling her closer to him. "Since you were so mean to be during your labor after I fed you ice chips for hours on end, how about you . . . .talk nerdy to me."

"I wasn't that bad was I?"

"You hurt my feelings." he said poking out his bottom lip. "so you owe me."

Temperance chuckled, content with the world and more than happy to make him feel better.

"Reproduction," she said laying against him closing her eyes. "but, in about a year or two," she added. "Closing her eyes."

He kissed her forehead closing his eyes. "Good night babe, I love you."

"Good night Booth, I love you."

END

annd28
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 163
Say What You Want : So much to say so little time to say it.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 am

"Reproduction," she said laying against him closing her eyes. "but, in about a year or two"

LMAO! I love that line, I imagine it'd take a plastic surgeon to get the smile off Booth's face after that. Loved this story Ann, positively loved it and a very satisfactory ending indeed.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 am

Aww, I loved this. That ending was perfect. An amazing job. Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:29 pm

A perfect piece of fluff! Lovely, lovely story that made me smile just about the whole way through. (we need a thumbs-up icon!)

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesbabe Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:42 pm

PERFECT!!!! the only way to describe this amazing fic! one of my faves!!! one of the best ive ever read

Bonesbabe
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Oh that was great.
Problems with Rebecca solved, a cute kid and the talk about Reproduction in a few years.....Booth must be a very happy man right about now.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8