Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOST Fan too?

+6
heirofloki
19ana89
Meegs82
Luna
Aloemilk
phoebsfan
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

LOST Fan too? - Page 4 Empty Re: LOST Fan too?

Post by phoebsfan Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:08 am

Sopranos, simpsons, house, superman, disney, that 70's show, star wars, even Mash all have last supper pics too. It's not uncommon. One website I found has over fifty paradies of it. I liked the Lost version better than the BSG though. They actually released two of them... people are in different positions. Not so surprising really when everyone tries to read so many things into it. And though BSG and Lost are completely different, they share a lot of similar themes.

I'm not sure it can end in a way that will be pleasing. I'm highly nervous about it. I haven't loved a show so much since X files. So giving it up is going to be hard. I just hope it's better than last season and that it goes out with a bang.

My older brother started watching this summer and he called me the other day to tell me he'd caught up and we talked for two hours about it. He was glad he'd started watching before it ended, because it's going to be one of those shows that people will talk about the ending of. And I was thinking how sad that would be to have the ending ruined before the beginning. I'm glad I didn't wait till it was over to start watching.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Ok. I want answers... yesterday.

Sigh... and is Jacob wearing a Sayid suit now?

Also, POOR CHARLIE! If I didn't believe they were all better off on the island already, this ep would definately make me a believer.

Also... the Juliet thing was just unnessecarily cruel.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:23 pm

phoebsfan wrote:Ok. I want answers... yesterday.

Sigh... and is Jacob wearing a Sayid suit now?

Also, POOR CHARLIE! If I didn't believe they were all better off on the island already, this ep would definately make me a believer.

Also... the Juliet thing was just unnessecarily cruel.

OMG..YES, YES IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW she was going to die after Sawyer went in after her. My heart just broke all over again, thank you so very much, JJ, Damon, Carlton, and Jeffrey. She was always the tragic figure (hence the name) and it is just so incredibly sad that all she ever wanted was to get off the blasted island and lo and behold, she dies on it! Go figure.

Everyone was wondering which way the show would go...would they do a reboot or would the whole bomb plot not work? Well, guess what? They go and have it both ways! Not fair. Although I must say, I am wholly invested in the final chapter and can't wait to see what happens...even if Juliet won't be a part of it Sad
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:51 am

I have to admit to not loving this season. Until last week and Ben's ep, everything was just so depressing. I'm super excited for tomorrow's ep though. Heres to hoping that Sawyer will be back, instead of whiney drunk man.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:55 am

this weeks epi is a must see, there's a little monologue by Jacob that totally explains things very clearly, it's also Richards backstory Smile
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 am

OMG! I haven't been a huge fan of this season so far, but y'all? These essays, they are not getting done tonight. What an episode. What an episode!

I don't even care how much retconning we might be going through right now. I think I'm in love.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Agreed! Except...what does "retconning" mean? Or was that a typo?
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Retcon: Retroactive Continuity Wink

Loosely defined by wikipedia here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Like in BSG, when they told us the five were in the fleet and we all had to squint and go: uhm, okay, totally makes sense. *boggled* But it was fun anyways, so it's all good. Very Happy

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:57 pm

Gotcha. And thanks for the BSG reference...'cuz that's what made me go "ohhhh." Razz My "aha" moment.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:20 pm

CHARLIE!!!!!! how I missed him! also I think Desmond may just try and give everyone a near death experience......
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:32 pm

treble21 wrote:CHARLIE!!!!!! how I missed him! also I think Desmond may just try and give everyone a near death experience......

You might be right about that...it's about to get VERY interesting.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:01 pm

First of all, OMG!!! Sun/Jin for the motherfrakking WIN!!! I squealed like a teenager. Oh, man, I now want the sideways reality to be true. With them keeping the baby and Jack (gasp!) being awesome.

Oh, yeah, what the hell does Faucke want with Jack? "You're with me, now"? Oy, that does not sound all too promising. pale

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:24 pm

I know, I squeed SOOOOO much at Sun&Jin! And then I screamed, "it's about damn time!" Wink As for Un-Locke (that's what hubby and I call him) and Jack...they're really startin' to bug me. Jack's been buggin' me for about 2 1/2 seasons now. To tell you the truth, ALL of them are starting to bug me...except for Hurley.

As for the sideways reality, what on EARTH are they doing with that? Are the 2 going to come together? Clearly, the major point in the sideways reality is that they are all destined to cross each other's paths. I just don't get how it's all gonna fit. And is anyone else wondering who Jack's son's mother is? He keeps calling her and leaving messages and maybe it's something I'm TOTALLY making too much of, but I keep wondering who it is...and I have a theory...but it could be totally unimportant and so I wonder why I waste my brain cells Razz

I can't believe that there are only 3 eps left til the finale. I just have a feeling that everything is going to happen all at once and it's gonna be like "WTF?!" when it does all happen. And it's not going to be pretty, I have a feeling. I'm thinkin' there are going to be massive casualties. Of course, I thought that with BSG and well...not so much.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Meegs82 wrote:I know, I squeed SOOOOO much at Sun&Jin! And then I screamed, "it's about damn time!" Wink As for Un-Locke (that's what hubby and I call him) and Jack...they're really startin' to bug me. Jack's been buggin' me for about 2 1/2 seasons now. To tell you the truth, ALL of them are starting to bug me...except for Hurley.

As for the sideways reality, what on EARTH are they doing with that? Are the 2 going to come together? Clearly, the major point in the sideways reality is that they are all destined to cross each other's paths. I just don't get how it's all gonna fit. And is anyone else wondering who Jack's son's mother is? He keeps calling her and leaving messages and maybe it's something I'm TOTALLY making too much of, but I keep wondering who it is...and I have a theory...but it could be totally unimportant and so I wonder why I waste my brain cells Razz

I can't believe that there are only 3 eps left til the finale. I just have a feeling that everything is going to happen all at once and it's gonna be like "WTF?!" when it does all happen. And it's not going to be pretty, I have a feeling. I'm thinkin' there are going to be massive casualties. Of course, I thought that with BSG and well...not so much.

We call him smoke monster locke at work ( yes it's long, but it makes all the non Lost watchers amused that there is a "smoke monster") LOL I actually think there are going to be mass casualties on the Island too. ( the writers can have it both way's cause they have the alternative reality where they can make people happy....)
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Meegs, the only ones who've grown on me and continue not to bug me are Sun/Jin. That's why this last episode I turned into a twilight tweenager. I was bouncing!

Oh, I totally think the two realities are going to collide or something. I mean, Juliet's thing was supposed to end it all, instead it split the reality in two. That split has gotta "heal over" at some point -I think. And yeah, definitely, mass casualties sounds about right.

Personally, I call the smoke monster Esau (specially when he doesn't look like Locke), but I've been reading the twop recaps and the recapper calls him Faux-Locke or Faucke, so it's kinda stuck. Razz

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:26 pm

heirofloki wrote:Meegs, the only ones who've grown on me and continue not to bug me are Sun/Jin. That's why this last episode I turned into a twilight tweenager. I was bouncing!

Oh, I totally think the two realities are going to collide or something. I mean, Juliet's thing was supposed to end it all, instead it split the reality in two. That split has gotta "heal over" at some point -I think. And yeah, definitely, mass casualties sounds about right.

Personally, I call the smoke monster Esau (specially when he doesn't look like Locke), but I've been reading the twop recaps and the recapper calls him Faux-Locke or Faucke, so it's kinda stuck. Razz

I know, right?! Juliet was literally the ONLY one I really really loved as a character. Like seriously, nothing about her bugged me, she was awesome...and then she died...and I cried...like a baby.

Sawyer's all brood-y and pissy (Josh Holloway can seriously only act with his eyebrows). Kate's practically useless. Jack's all whiny and indecisive. Miles just kinda hangs around doing nothing (useless as well, I suppose). Claire's freakin' nuts. Sayid's off his rocker and playing hitman for Un-Locke. Who is left to actually like and take an interest in?

I'm still watchin' tho 'cuz there better be SOME sort of payoff when this craziness is all said and done.

And I still think Jack's son's mother thing is intriguing...I think I'm the only one and I know who I WANT it to be, but I should probably just let it go 'cuz it's most likely unimportant and irrelevant. Razz

EDIT: Oh, and might I add that I find it a WEE bit annoying that the writers are having it both ways with the sideways reality? When the season first started, I yelled at the TV, "really?! You couldn't decide which way to go so you chose BOTH, JJ?!" or whoever is left actually running the show. If it all goes to hell on the island, then perhaps the other reality will prevail. Of course, nowadays, it's not lookin' quite as happy for everyone in sidewaysland anymore.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed May 05, 2010 11:54 am

So tonight's epi depressed me.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed May 05, 2010 11:59 am

Shit, I haven't seen it. My internet connection takes for frakking ever. Should I get the booze for this one? (booze is terribly cheap here, so yeah)

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed May 05, 2010 12:07 pm

heirofloki wrote:Shit, I haven't seen it. My internet connection takes for frakking ever. Should I get the booze for this one? (booze is terribly cheap here, so yeah)

yeah get liquored up hardcore, especially for the last 15 minutes.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed May 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Oy. Goodness.

Thanks a lot for the heads up, though! Wink

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed May 05, 2010 3:18 pm

heirofloki wrote:Shit, I haven't seen it. My internet connection takes for frakking ever. Should I get the booze for this one? (booze is terribly cheap here, so yeah)

O. M. G. You better get the booze and maybe even some special brownies for this one. I'm still like Shocked and Sad Un-freaking-believable. Of course, I do have a theory about how the series is gonna end...I'll share once we've all seen the ep. Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 am

So I really enjoyed the back story of Jacob, and that other guy..... although I was left with this irrational anger about the fact that he (it?) still has no name!
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Thu May 13, 2010 8:08 am

treble21 wrote:So I really enjoyed the back story of Jacob, and that other guy..... although I was left with this irrational anger about the fact that he (it?) still has no name!

Esau would be appropriate, I think. Wink

If nothing else, the dark tunic/white tunic hunting attire sealed that deal for me.

I do wonder if the Jewish and Judeo-Christian (but mostly Jewish) imagery was supposed to be there all along. I've never thought that this show has a plan from the beginning but sometimes it's hard to believe how well it's all worked out. Like, I keep going, Jacob, Benjamin, oar hunting... and then I have flashbacks of my own childhood (lol). Assuming it's all intended, do the visions make Hurley = Joseph? 'Cause for a while I've been thinking that Kate = Dinah.

(anyone else actually know what I'm talking about?)

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 am

Sorry, you lost me, heiro. Razz I'm a bad Christian. Embarassed

It still bugs me that he doesn't have a name, too. It was interesting to see the beginning of everything, but I almost feel like we could have been told this AGES ago. It's like...what do all of the flashbacks and flashforwards and blah blah blah experienced by all of the characters actually MEAN to the island and to Jacob and what's-his-face? I know, it's all backstory on the main characters dating back to S1, but I just feel like none of this has really been planned and they've just kinda thrown a bunch of stuff out there to see what would stick. Now, they're just picking the seemingly important stuff and trying to make it fit in with the storyline. It just seems kinda jumbled to me.

If you want a BRILLIANT and THOROUGHLY thought out storyline, watch Battlestar Galactica from beginning to end. 4 seasons of sheer brilliance that told a beautiful and totally comprehensible story. I'm probably preaching to the choir here mostly since HEIRO already knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu May 13, 2010 11:33 am

Meegs82 wrote:Sorry, you lost me, heiro. Razz I'm a bad Christian. Embarassed

It still bugs me that he doesn't have a name, too. It was interesting to see the beginning of everything, but I almost feel like we could have been told this AGES ago. It's like...what do all of the flashbacks and flashforwards and blah blah blah experienced by all of the characters actually MEAN to the island and to Jacob and what's-his-face? I know, it's all backstory on the main characters dating back to S1, but I just feel like none of this has really been planned and they've just kinda thrown a bunch of stuff out there to see what would stick. Now, they're just picking the seemingly important stuff and trying to make it fit in with the storyline. It just seems kinda jumbled to me.

If you want a BRILLIANT and THOROUGHLY thought out storyline, watch Battlestar Galactica from beginning to end. 4 seasons of sheer brilliance that told a beautiful and totally comprehensible story. I'm probably preaching to the choir here mostly since HEIRO already knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Wink

I so agree, they've known for a couple of season that the show was going to end they could have brought up this back story sooner, and maybe fleshed it out a little bit more.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next