Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOST Fan too?

+6
heirofloki
19ana89
Meegs82
Luna
Aloemilk
phoebsfan
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

LOST Fan too? - Page 2 Empty Re: LOST Fan too?

Post by phoebsfan Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:41 am

my little sis and I refer to him as Mascara Man.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 am

oh, yeah... Mascara Man.
I think he's quite attractive, lol, if you forget is wearing make up.

But well, I think he's one of the priests or sth of the temple... or maybe he's the Island's best friend and thus it wants to keep Richard young forever? confused I have absolutely no idea.

Last edited by Aloemilk on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I hated my grammar in that one)
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3437
Say What You Want : Booth's nickname as given by the cops? Boring, short lived Quark, haha
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 am

or he came to the island dead. so since he's dead he can't age.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:30 am

I used to like Lost quite a bit, but after they killed off Charlie, I quit watching it. Then saw an episode not too long ago, and thought it had gotten stupid... I still like it, don't get me wrong, just not as well as I used to...
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:24 am

I feel that way about Bones. Though I'm losing even my like for it. So I can understand.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he were an Egyptian god. It's LOST, after all! But I did hear once that there are some people who have natural "eye liner" around their eyes. Wonder if he's one of them? Must go look...
Luna
Luna
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-11-12

http://myspace.com/jam2life

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 am

I like the Egyptian god theory as well. And I think I've seen him in other things without it so, I don't think it's natural.

I like it personally. Not only cause it's fun to call him Mascara Man, but because he can pull it off ok. But I admit it's mostly cause it's fun to call him Mascara Man.

I nickname people on the show too. I have to try hard sometimes not to refer to them by their nicknames.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:25 pm

I think it IS natural, the eye liner thing. He was in "The Dark Knight." He played the mayor and I said, "why is that actor wearing eye makeup?" I can't imagine that the makeup artists would put eyeliner on him in *2* completely different roles.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:18 am

So maybe his eyes are naturally that way? It's not to be taken as clue to his relationship with the Island? *disappointed*. Sawyer commented on that too a few eps ago, too...

I would love to have eyelashes like that, though, lol.
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Say What You Want : Booth's nickname as given by the cops? Boring, short lived Quark, haha

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:45 am

“Let me make this perfectly clear: I do not. I do not wear make-up, and I do not wear eye-liner,” said Carbonell, still laughing. “My brother sent me that article (about the “Lost” panel), and I just laughed so loud. This is something I’ve had to deal with my whole life. When I was a little kid, I was about five years old and living in Mexico, and I remember my mom’s friends would come over and say, ‘Oh, look at his eyelashes!’ I got such a complex about it that I ended up taking scissors to them once, and my mom stopped me and said, ‘What are you doing?’ But they were talking about them, and I got a lot comments about my eye-liner. Eventually, I got over it and was, like, ‘What are you gonna do?’ But I definitely had a complex when I was a kid about having dark eyelashes.”

Sadly, the complex would come back to haunt Carbonell a few years later.

“When I was in college in Boston, I had a commercial agent who sent me out for some print commercial stuff,” he said. “But they called me into the office and said, ‘Look, we called you in to talk to you because we just want you to know that…well, we don’t think you need to wear eyeliner.’ And I’m, like, ‘What?’ ‘Yeah, it’s okay, you don’t have to wear it for print ads.’ ‘No, I’m not wearing eyeliner!’ And I kept dabbing my eyes and saying, ‘Look! No eyeliner! I’m not wearing any!’ And, finally, they started laughing.

“So, yeah, it’s something I’ve dealt with it in the past, and sometimes, makeup artists are able to diminish it…and they’re doing it on ‘Lost’ more and more…by putting a base on my eyelashes so it makes it less dark. But I didn’t know it would be a question at the TCA tour, that’s for sure!”

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 am

OK... So not eyeliner, lol.

Wish I had the same problem!!!
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:26 pm

oh me too. that would be a very nice problem.

Spoiler:
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:00 am

Going to watch the new epi tonight!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:03 pm

phoebsfan wrote:oh me too. that would be a very nice problem.

Spoiler:

lol
I liked the ep as well, but not as much as you did, it seems.
Mile's daddy revelation was completely unexpected and thus I loved it. I mean, when the mother told him his father had kicked them out from a place they could never come back to I thought 'the island?!' but never imagined it'd be the 'videotape dude', as hurley would say.

LOVED hurley. He's one of my fave characters and I enjoyed him a lot this ep.

But the end made me angry a bit, because as soon as they said they had to go pick a scientific up at the dock I knew it'd be Faraday and I felt it was predictable... and *that* is a feeling I hate having.

But let's see what the next eps bring... I hope that now that Faraday is there we get some options to save them from the purge.
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Where on EARTH has Farraday been anyway?! Hubby and I have been wondering this for a while now. Guess we'll find out.

As for videotape dude being Miles' dad...hubby totally called it. The *instant* his mother told him his dad had kicked them out from somewhere they could never go back to, hubby said "his dad is the Dharma guy on the videotapes." Brilliant husband I have! Smile

Cute to see that daddy actually appeared to CARE about 3-month-old Miles with the reading and smiling. Smile
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Yeah, Meegs. And after this, I wonder if he kicked them out from the island not because he didn't care, but because he knew about the purge???? Shocked
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:55 am

I was talking to a friend who called the Miles' daddy thing from the opening of this season when they showed Miles and mom and dad on the island. She couldn't believe that I didn't pick up on it earlier. I figured baby Miles was just a way to say that they could have babies on the island then, which was confirmed with baby Ethan. So I had dismissed the entire scene... That was an acceptable answer for her. I guess I'm just gonna have to remind myself that you can't just dismiss scenes. Now what I'd like to know is when the opening scene actually comes into play, because we know that Faraday is going down to the Swan site now. My guess is that it will connect with the season finale in some way.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:07 pm

So I went to the abc site to vote for my favorite quadrangle of love scenes... and the Jacket scenes that I got to vote between were lame scenes... My favorite was already eliminated... sigh... oh well... The skate scenes weren't my fav either. And Suliet really doesn't even have enough scenes to choose from to begin with.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:15 pm

OH MY GOSH!

I hate it when lost goes by so quickly you can't believe it was an hour...okay I don't mind it... BUT NOT DANIEL!!!! My poor poor Daniel... I luv him... not him...

Actually... if you didn't watch this ep live you'll miss the real interesting thing that happened during commercial breaks... What did you see? Basically different ads put up by abc with a clip of a bunch of different things then the clip gets blacked out and the question What did you see pops up. There is buzz that this could be Lost related as these commercials only aired during Lost and a website launched as well, one you could find googling during lost but not after, called [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

There is also buzz that it is about a new tv show called Flash Forward however... what I'm wondering is if Lost and Flash Forward are connected or if they just know what audience to target.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Spoiler:
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm

All of this has happened before and it will happen again....*ahem* Wrong show. Razz

So I just watched last nights ep and my biggest WTF!? moment? Sawyer and Juliet holding hands. I think it turned me into an all-out S/J shipper. Now I'm all rooting for them. I've never held stakes in the Jack/Sawyer/Juliet/Kate quadrangle of doom so, WTF indeed.

Daniel's mum is one scary frakker. Nothing new there. Jack is getting his head done-in some more. Nothing new there either. Ellie shot her son...I saw that one coming, so again, nothing new there. I did love the guy in the closet, though. That was the gag that kept on giving.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Sat May 02, 2009 7:48 am

I just felt bad for Juliet...

Kate hasn't been back a week and Juliet already has to question Sawyer's loyalty. I wanted to hit him upside the head when he called her Freckles and asked her to go along with him and Jules... I was glad she was having none of that. What was he really thinking there, you don't ask the ex to move in...

Jack pissed me off too. His whole speech about how he wasn't supposed to ask about what happened to Aaron. What a dick. "I want you to note I'm not asking, and because I'm not asking you should do this for me. Oh and I'm not asking in front of everyone. I'm a great guy so you should listen to me."

Screw the guys, Jules and Kate should hook up and leave the boys to their Brokeback.

Though Jules better watch out when she runs off with Kate into the sunset. She might get shot by a stray bullet from a toddler that Kate gave a loaded gun to.

When Dan made his speech about variables I wanted to kiss him. Ok I always want to kiss Dan... but this time I felt so gratified. I have been saying the same things all season long on a few different Lost boards and every time I do people tell me I'm nuts. Almost using the same freaking words. I was so sick of hearing WHH. THANK YOU DAN!
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Sat May 02, 2009 1:37 pm

I liked the ep--- many things happening! And Dan's death was a surprise to me, at least up to the moment Eloise talked to Widmore.

I'm glad to see the tension is building up to the finale!

A question: does anyone know how many eps are left this season? I don't read or watch anything Lost related but the eps themselves, so I have no idea Smile
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm

"Screw the guys, Jules and Kate should hook up and leave the boys to their Brokeback."

FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Sun May 03, 2009 4:20 am

3 episodes, 2 nights.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next