Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOST Fan too?

+6
heirofloki
19ana89
Meegs82
Luna
Aloemilk
phoebsfan
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

LOST Fan too? Empty LOST Fan too?

Post by phoebsfan Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Ok... so...

Juliet knows somethings because of her time with the Others, so I'm wondering what those things are.

I wasn't surprised that Sawyer admitted that they would not have worked out. I'm glad he could see that. What I liked is the way he said it. That they wouldn't have worked out back then, they both had some growing up to do... Funny but that's what both of them did the past three years... I loved this ep if for no other reason than that.

As for Jack's purpose... who knows. He doesn't seem interested in trying to find out either. It really bothered me that he wouldn't help Ben. I know that they keep beating it in that these guys can't change anything... But I don't buy it. Unless this trip back in time is the universe course correcting.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

LOST Fan too? Empty Re: LOST Fan too?

Post by phoebsfan Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Eloise Hawkins... Daniel' mom or something... that lady who told Des he couldn't change the future and who was in the room with the big map. One of the Other's makes reference to an Ellie and shouldn't they check with Ellie first or Charles.... Charles is most likely Charles Widmore... do you think that Ellie is Eloise Hawkins?
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Hey, cut poor Jnack a little slack Laughing it's the first time ever he tries to do sth different than being tortured by his trying to fix things--- he's now being tortured by trying to find his purpose!! LOL oh, well. He's not that important right now.

I'm still suspecting Juliet Laughing and I like Ben even less than I used to after the last eps. I mean... he killed Locke! Sad

And I wouldn't be surprised if Ellie *was* Eloise. She's got the 'I've been on that island' look. But wait-- didn't Widmore say he was 'forced' and 'fooled' into leaving the island by Ben? When would that be? Ben just left to be with the others... and doesn't comeback until the Purge, right? Soooo... is Widmore lying, or is there going to happen something else in between we can't imagine yet? confused
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3437
Say What You Want : Booth's nickname as given by the cops? Boring, short lived Quark, haha
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:13 am

I think Ben probably does come back before the Purge.

Jack bugs me sometimes. He is the only character on the show that has taken a nose dive and is unaware there is a problem with well fill in the blank. Other characters have been on a trip to better themselves... Jack... well for most the show he didn't think he needed to. So it bugs me when he's being a whiney baby then saying he's trying to do things differently and be better. Don't get me wrong, I have learned to like him for the most part... I guess. Ok I'll be honest, the only time I could really stomach him was when him and Jules were always hanging out. But I am trying. He's just always seemed rotten at the core to me. I was in no way surprised that he became who he did when he got off the island. I was surprised it took him so long. And honestly, I don't see him as tortured.

But it wouldn't be Lost without Jack so... And Sayid seems to want to join him in the gutter now too.... oh well.

I think a lot of things are going to happen that we can't imagine, and I for one can't wait.

Do you read spoilers at all?
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:05 am

Yay for Lost night!
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 am

Ok, I am SO joining in on this convo, lol.

Jack: I have a really hard time putting up with him. I agree with you, phoebs...he's too whiny for me. And I really liked him with Juliet too, except for the fact that Juliet is one of my favorite characters and doesn't deserve him Laughing .

Skate: You're right; they both did need to do some growing up. I hadn't realized how much they both really did mature. Well, except for Sawyer--he was much more obvious. Responsibility does him good! Jack was always such a martyr to me geek . But I'm having a hard time accepting him with Juliet! I love her to death, but I really want Sawyer to get back with Kate, no matter Juliet's feelings. *sigh*

As for Ellie--I KNEW it! She's the woman who was holding the gun on Fariday (*sp?) when he was looking at the Jughead, isn't she? I didn't think of it until sometime after, but now I'm pretty much convinced since other people are thinking along the same lines.

I do read spoilers, but I haven't lately. What's the Purge?

Aloemilk...I LOVE your signature, with the three clips at the end. Gah. *thud*
Luna
Luna
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-11-12

http://myspace.com/jam2life

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:48 pm

No, phoebs... I don't read spoilers AT ALL. I don't even watch the 'next ep' promo! Laughing

I'll try to watch the ep tomorrow and, if not, early friday. It all depends on how early I'm at home tomorrow. I think it'll be more 'present times' related... maybe to see where Sun is and what happens between Locke ( I love you ) and Ben.

And I'm glad you joined, Luna!!! Do you recognize the 1st and 3d clips? It's Hugh Jackman in Australia and Gerry Butler *drools heavily* , in that order.
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Say What You Want : Booth's nickname as given by the cops? Boring, short lived Quark, haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm

I do recognize them! I'm pretty sure my jaw was on the floor when I saw that in Australia, and I've had a crush on Gerry since he did Phantom Laughing
Luna
Luna
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:04 pm

The purge is what they called the action Ben took to rid the island of Dharma... when he gased everyone.

Sawyer with Juliet is safe. They lack passion. They won't last.

Juliet can help fix Jack. She is the only person who can. Because she is the only person with the patience and understanding to put up with him. And I think that in order for Jack to forgive himself and get rid of that load of guilt he carries around, he's going to have to get forgivness from Juliet.

And now for the spoilery tonight's ep part of the post...And because loe hasn't seen it yet I'll tag it.

Spoiler:
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:07 pm

No promos even...wow. I stay away from them other than to see who they are centered on and ep titles.

The last couple eps have been really good. I was actually writing again after last weeks ep... it was crazy. Yay for Lost. It will get really really good and then it will be done for the season. Ugh.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:54 pm

I have to say, I wasn't as impressed with this ep as I had hoped to be. They really hyped it up last week, and this one just flopped with me. It was really predictable. Could be because I don't like Ben, though, lol. (Though I did like the end--cool!)

Next week's looks REALLY good Very Happy
Luna
Luna
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:57 am

I'm the 3d one excluded here on character loving, it seems, lol. I don't care much for Juliet, there's something about her 'quiet countenance' I really dislike. That doesn't mean I don't get what you're both saying on the interaction between them all!!

that said-- I think I'll watch the ep tonight!!

and I have this permanent crush on Gerry Laughing ... but I won't start here on why I *enjoy* him so much because it's a Lost thread, but... WOW for Gerry!
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:42 am

I usually really enjoy Ben eps. But I will agree that this one wasn't as good.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:20 pm

I liked the ep.
The 1st shock was when Charles appeared with the others--- when did he join them? and why? but then he wasn't 'tricked' into leaving the Island but was forced, in fact, by Ben.

I wonder the same--what is it with the Island that Ben and Charles would do anything for it, and anything to go back to it? And what about that temple????

The other bit when I nearly died was when Ben went to kill Penny (you were right, Phoebs!). Luckily I relized he hadn't really shot Desmond I love you I love you I love you I love you , or at least denial was so strong I didn't have the time to fear his death. And then he goes to Penny, and just as happened to him with Alex, he couldn't kill her.
I looooved that it was actually Desmond I love you I love you I love you I love you who beat him up so badly.

And if we had any doubts Locke was special (or creepy, as you say, lol), the Island forgives Ben only after he promises he'll do whatever John tells him too-- that must have hurt his ego. But I'm glad for it! Even ghostie dad told Sun she had to wait for Locke to come....
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Gasp! I didn't even realize Charles was with the others when he shouldn't have been! Ooooh, interestink...

And I forgot about the whole moment with Penny and Desmond. I was most definitely FREAKING out when Ben walked up. I kept telling everyone that he had gone to kill Penny but didn't really want to believe it, and when he said to tell Des he was sorry I just about had a coronary. But I also noticed right away that Desmond wasn't bleeding from the shot, so I was praying that he was going to come beat the shat out of him. We were all cheering when Ben hit that water Laughing
Luna
Luna
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:33 pm

I take it you watch Lost with some other people, Luna? lol

Well, as far as I remember, what we know of Charles' life in the Island was when he was very young (around 20, I think) and he belonged to some kind of USA army thing in the Island. But now that I'm thinking of it-- he was with Richard around that time... right? confused

So... was he ever a part of the Dharma Initiative? Or was he a part of the Others from the beginning? confused
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Lol, yes, I watch with about 4 other people. I don't have multiple personalities that I talk to, I swear!

Yeah, I remember that about Charles. But those questions you ask are just too mind-boggling for me, lmao. I'm just about convinced that he's some Egyptian god right along with Richard.
Luna
Luna
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 am

Charles was on the island for a long time. He first made his appearance at the beginning of the season in the ep where Sawyer and co were still flashing through time. I believe it was the one where they had to bury the nuke... Jughead, third ep of the season. He was much much younger then.

As for if Des was shot or not, I think he might have been. Still not gonna stop him from kicking Ben's butt though. Good for him. I am glad that Penny is still breathing.

Also... Alex at the end. Loved it. My friend gave me a link to some funny icons for the ep...

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

her icons always crack me up.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:26 am

lol... those icons are great.
I'm thinking I'll search for some Lost community in LJ.
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:18 pm

I just never got into the LJ thing so even though I've thought about looking for a Lost community I know that it would be just like all the Bones ones I check out once every three months if I'm lucky. If you find a good one though, let me know and maybe I'll keep up on it.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Juliet is my fave character and I *totally* agree with you, phoebs. She is THE only one who can bring Jack around. And she better do it soon 'cuz he really is bugging the crap out of me. Actually, I'm kinda glad he didn't help Ben and I understand his reasoning, but he is just...a whiny bitch. There, I said it. Juliet brings out the best in him and I will like him better if the two of them start getting some screen time.

WTF is going on with Sayid? Seriously now, what is going through his mind?!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:36 am

Yeah, part of me feels sorry for Sayid. But part of me is also very disappointed in him. Seems like maybe Ben broke him.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:18 pm

I think Ben *totally* broke him, poor guy. He just can't catch a break. Now, what in the world is the deal with Richard?!?! Hubby and I have given up trying to guess "what" exactly he is. I like the Egyptian God theory...quite creative. Wink
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Could also be a time traveler. But I just don't know.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloemilk Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:22 am

Yes, poor Sayid is broken. Now he believes that what defines him is that he is a killer.

And Richard? I like the egyptian god theory too... I don't have an idea how we could explain him in any other way. He has his eyes painted, after all!
Aloemilk
Aloemilk
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next