Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOST Fan too?

+6
heirofloki
19ana89
Meegs82
Luna
Aloemilk
phoebsfan
10 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

LOST Fan too? - Page 5 Empty Re: LOST Fan too?

Post by jsgemini Thu May 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Does anyone think that maybe Jacob protects Pandora's box or something along those lines?

Edit: Or the Arc of Covenant...
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Thu May 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Ooo...Pandora's Box, that's an interesting theory...I like it.

Treble, yes, fleshing out would have been a good thing. Instead, it's been all mysterious and "who are these people" and then it's like BAM!...ok, now we suddenly know their entire backstory...twin brothers, yeah, big frakkin' deal. Tell us all of this THROUGHOUT the series and then it gets more interesting and keeps us wanting more. Which makes me think that this wasn't planned and that they just fit it into the story...I don't care about the skeletons that Jack and Kate found...it was all too rushed to really have been planned from the beginning.
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Fri May 14, 2010 6:13 am

Meegs82 wrote:Sorry, you lost me, heiro. Razz I'm a bad Christian. Embarassed

Heeh. Well, I wouldn't call myself a good anything, really, and I don't even know if they teach this stuff in Catholic school. However, my childhood was laden with inordinate amounts of religious education (don't ask), so here's the deal with what I was saying:

Isaac (son of Abraham) had two sons: Esau and Jacob. Esau was the strongest, more athletic, better hunter of the two. And being slightly older, was the one with the birthright. However, their mother uh, let's say she preferred Jacob. Anyways, bunch of stuff happens and Jacob is the one to receive his father's blessing (even though it was supposed to be Esau) and eventually, he also gets the birthright from Esau (who trades it for a plate of lentil soup). That didn't exactly made them, you know, best of buds (though they are not I-kill-you hostile, I think. The boys eventually reunite and bury their father together when he passes). Anyways, Esau goes off to his own part of the land, gets some wives and has children and whatnot. And Jacob well, he gets married and takes some concubines and eventually has twelve sons and one daughter (that we actually talk about).

The daughter of Jacob was Dinah, but she was raped/had consensual sex (interpretations vary) with a prince from another tribe who then gets murdered by her brothers (along with, like, all of his people. Pretty brutal, that part). So Dinah is afterwards referred to as a canaanite, and has to marry her brother to recover her honor; she lives with said brother (though it's more like a paper-marriage apparently) in his house and there raises her child from the previous sexual encounter.

Joseph is a son of Jacob who gets sold off as a slave by his brothers who are jealous of him (but eventually they all reunite and make nice). He is given the gift of interpreting dreams and visions so he sort of can tell what's going to happen in the future.

Benjamin is Jacob's youngest child -or at least the youngest of his sons.

And the kicker is, of course, that Jacob is also Israel -he is named Israel by an angel after a long struggle (I'm sure you've heard Bullet the Blue Sky by U2). His twelve sons would be the founders of the twelve tribes. Hence, the twelve tribes of Israel.

And all that stuff? I knew by the time I was five. Now you know why watching this show sometimes is like having portions of my childhood flashing before me in full-on technicolor. Sideways realities have no effect whatsoever over me, I tell you. Wink

EDIT: Anyone with more recent/better teological background is welcome to point out anything I might have missed. Smile

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 pm

BAPTISM! I so knew it, I actually rolled my eyes. lol

Also saw the collision of realities coming. But do love the way it's being executed. Quite lovely.

Ben, you frakked up little thing. I actually feel sorry for you.

So, is Faucke suicidal or just enraged? Does he die if the island dies? Have they addressed this and I don't remember? Questions, questions...

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed May 19, 2010 12:13 pm

I called it being Jack, as well as the Desmond thing... that could all change in the finale though.... overall pretty good episode I guess. I'm starting to worry that the finale is going to let me down.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Wed May 19, 2010 1:06 pm

treble21 wrote:I called it being Jack, as well as the Desmond thing... that could all change in the finale though.... overall pretty good episode I guess. I'm starting to worry that the finale is going to let me down.

Yeah, it had to be Jack. I thought it was between Jack and Hurley. Like you said, it could all change, though. We'll see who's still standing in the end.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Thu May 20, 2010 10:24 am

treble21 wrote:I called it being Jack, as well as the Desmond thing... that could all change in the finale though.... overall pretty good episode I guess. I'm starting to worry that the finale is going to let me down.

I was right there with you about the Jack thing. I think Hurley becomes Jack's "Richard Alpert." I'm still not too happy with how these episodes are going. Still too many unanswered questions. I agree treble21, I too am worried about the finale being a let down.
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Mon May 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Oh, show! How dare you remind me of all the times you broke my heart over the years. And bring me close to tears. Over Jack, too, of all people!!

*is happy* *prays this doesn't turn into the BSG finale*

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Mon May 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Sad

It's over, y'all.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Meegs82 Mon May 24, 2010 5:45 pm

W. T. F. just happened?!?! Seriously, can someone PLEASE explain it to me 'cuz I'm finding myself dazed and confused. They're all DEAD?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?! Someone, please explain and make it all better!!!
Meegs82
Meegs82
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4106
Say What You Want : Dancing Phalanges! Dancing Phalanges!

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Meegs82 wrote:W. T. F. just happened?!?! Seriously, can someone PLEASE explain it to me 'cuz I'm finding myself dazed and confused. They're all DEAD?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?! Someone, please explain and make it all better!!!

This is how I interpreted it, the sideways reality we were watching all season was sort of a purgatory that the islanders had "created" so that they could wait for each others eventual deaths, and then could move on together to heaven once they all met up again. It seems to be some time in the future judging by Hurley and Ben's comments to each other ( you were a great number 2, you were a great number 1). The island stuff was all real, it was the sideways reality that was not.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue May 25, 2010 1:27 am

treble21 wrote:
Meegs82 wrote:W. T. F. just happened?!?! Seriously, can someone PLEASE explain it to me 'cuz I'm finding myself dazed and confused. They're all DEAD?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?! Someone, please explain and make it all better!!!

This is how I interpreted it, the sideways reality we were watching all season was sort of a purgatory that the islanders had "created" so that they could wait for each others eventual deaths, and then could move on together to heaven once they all met up again. It seems to be some time in the future judging by Hurley and Ben's comments to each other ( you were a great number 2, you were a great number 1). The island stuff was all real, it was the sideways reality that was not.

And that, in a nutshell, was the finale of LOST. Wink Maybe they didn't necessarily created it (the purgatory), but they were definitely waiting for something (and Ben! OMG, BEN! The last of them, still waiting for something... Atoning for the grave mistakes he made in his lifetime. So sad).

I, for one, loved every second of it.

Kate was spectacular last night. No indecision whatsoever. Shooting Smokey, finally telling Jack. Then in the sideways place, telling him how she'd missed him. I hadn't been a Jack/Kate shipper, not in a long time but they sold it to me last night. And Juliet and Sawyer?! GAH! And Charlie and Claire! This show man, what a final hour -and what a way to rip my heart out and put it back together in the very same motion.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue May 25, 2010 5:17 am

Excuse the intrusion Smile I am not by any extent a Lost avid viewer; I have watched episodes on and off but was one, of the many, that couldn't help it but tune in to watch the series finale. While I may not have a full understanding of all the happenings in the series I am very curious and like to read about other's take on it, this article has dissected the finale kind of well (at least for me)

So just sharing this in case anybody is interested in reading it

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by Turi ray of sunshine on Tue May 25, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue May 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Hey, Turi! Long time no see. [BTW, when are you coming to play at the NCIS thread? It gets so deserted at times... Razz ]

The Tv Squad write-up was great. Thanks a lot for sharing!

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue May 25, 2010 11:04 pm

heirofloki wrote:Hey, Turi! Long time no see. [BTW, when are you coming to play at the NCIS thread? It gets so deserted at times... Razz ]

The Tv Squad write-up was great. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Hey Floki!! Very Happy
I know life has sucked a lot lately; popping in to help keep an eye on things

Something tells me that after tonight the NCIS thread will get a lot of usage! it's been a nail biting past couple of episodes.

You are welcome; so far of the few I've read TV Squad has been the one that's made the most sense Smile
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 pm

So... I still hate the ending. I don't think that is ever going to change.

They did a number on me for sure. And everyday I still think about how good the show could have been but wasn't.

What I'm left with is a bunch of anger.

At first I thought the finale was all just one grand cosmic joke. Really funny, now where is the real stuff guys.

Still don't buy Jack and Kate, but at least I had seasons of yelling and belittling and forced romantic plotlines...And hey, she only ever says I love you to the men she's leaving...still true. At least they don't make me want to blow something up like ...gag... Sawyer and Juliet... please just shoot me in the head. There is nothing like seeing all the important moments of a relationship to make it believable... oh wait... that's right I didn't.

I did see them break up and her die though... with Sawyer making eyes at Kate...that was pretty good stuff...Cause by then her character was dead anyway.

But none of it meant anything anyway. It was all just spewing out whatever came to mind until they could end it with the most sappy, manipulative ending possible.

I spent six years waiting for the most laughable ending I could have imagined. I should have known with the polar bears and perhaps I did know. Why did I give this show a second chance?

Oh yeah, Sawyer and Kate... jokes on me. They don't recognize epic when it bites them on the butt. There was so much wasted potiential in that craphole of a show... it makes me mad.

Sayid and Shannon? Really?

And why is Aaron a baby in heaven... is that really the best part of his life. Better than fetus Ji-Yeon. I think I'd rather sit outside the church with Ben. Jokes on them... Ben's going to heaven... cause they are clearly in some sick twisted hell.

How do you die in purgatory? Keamy knows. Where do you go after that?

How and why do you have kids? Glad David was just a crutch for our good old hero who couldn't resolve his issues in life.

Was Kate's dress to skanky to get into heaven in? Is that why she changed clothes?

Was running for your life everyday, sleeping in sand, and basically living in hell really the best moments of these people's lives?

How utterly depressing is that?

Why get off the island at all? Maybe if they had all died with Jack the heaven bit wouldn't have sucked so much. But really, they went on to lead lives after the island... six of them anyway. Lives that obviously meant nothing. After everything that they had learned about wasted time...

Guess it all means nothing.

Way to invalidate your show guys! Let's give you an Emmy now.

I'm glad it was wonderful for some people. For me it just makes me sick to think about it. For me they spit on everything the show was about. It wasn't about redemption or learning to start over... it was about death and sacrificing quality characters to make one guy look good.

I wish I could walk away with more than a bitter taste in my mouth... but I can't.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5