Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take a look at this!!! (Cool Internet Stuff)

+7
dawnsfire
i_heart_bones
BJ111
fairytales_end
RGPageantqueen
hy6110327
DBCrazy
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Take a look at this!!!  (Cool Internet Stuff) Empty Take a look at this!!! (Cool Internet Stuff)

Post by DBCrazy Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:03 am

Everybody wanders around on the internet and stumbles on some really, really cool stuff. And who doesn't get the occasional email that's just amazing? I thought that this would be a neat place to share it!

And if we all use the Subject line when we make a post, then it'll be easy to find all this stuff!

Last edited by DBCrazy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Take a look at this!!!  (Cool Internet Stuff) Empty This camera technology is mind-boggling !

Post by DBCrazy Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:05 am

This is a photo from the 2009 Inauguration, in which you can see, IN FOCUS, the face of each individual in the crowd !!!

You can scan, double click and zoom to any section of the crowd . . . wait a few seconds . . . and the focus adjusts. (but you have to give it a little time!)

The picture was taken with a robotic camera at 1,474 megapixel. (295 times the standard 5 megapixel camera)

Makes you wonder who's watching us right now !!!!!!!! Shocked

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Take a look at this!!!  (Cool Internet Stuff) Empty Bruno Fafaragsfelsufokon garden - lost in Australian fires

Post by DBCrazy Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:36 am

I'd never heard of Bruno Fafaragsfelsufokon until yesterday, when I got an email showing this beautiful garden lost to the Marysville Fires in Victoria, Australia in February 2009. Such a great loss.

Take a look at this absolutely breathtaking garden ...

DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Take a look at this!!!  (Cool Internet Stuff) Empty Re: Take a look at this!!! (Cool Internet Stuff)

Post by hy6110327 Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:54 am

Wow, that picture thing is a tad creepy.
hy6110327
hy6110327
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16061
Say What You Want : C'est la vie!

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Take a look at this!!!  (Cool Internet Stuff) Empty Re: Take a look at this!!! (Cool Internet Stuff)

Post by RGPageantqueen Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:15 am

DBCrazy wrote:This is a photo from the 2009 Inauguration, in which you can see, IN FOCUS, the face of each individual in the crowd !!!

You can scan, double click and zoom to any section of the crowd . . . wait a few seconds . . . and the focus adjusts. (but you have to give it a little time!)

The picture was taken with a robotic camera at 1,474 megapixel. (295 times the standard 5 megapixel camera)

I thought it was funny, that the top of the screen says "David Bergman" lol
RGPageantqueen
RGPageantqueen
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5921
Say What You Want : There's a wild wild wind calling out my name, like a long lost friend, and there's nothing sweeter than American honey<3
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:58 pm

DBCrazy wrote:This is a photo from the 2009 Inauguration, in which you can see, IN FOCUS, the face of each individual in the crowd !!!

That's a tad creepy. But hehehe, you can even see the random camera men on the roof of the White House.
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ111 Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:22 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Razz
BJ111
BJ111
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Say What You Want : Humanity Is Overrated
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fairytales_end Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm

LOL! BJ that's awesome Smile

The cutest games Smile
fairytales_end
fairytales_end
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 15296
Say What You Want : I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane.
Registration date : 2008-12-26

http://fairytales-end.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ111 Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:12 pm

aahw.. those games are so cute! xD
BJ111
BJ111
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Say What You Want : Humanity Is Overrated
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Take a look at this!!!  (Cool Internet Stuff) Empty Doodle 4 Google

Post by DBCrazy Sat May 23, 2009 4:01 am

Here's something that I ran across yesterday and I really thought it was cool. I've been known to rant a little at Google's PC-ness, but I just loved this... cause I always smile when I see that the Google logo is celebrating! This is one I saved once upon a time because it looked like a typo, but now I think the strawberry stem is the L.

There's info at the top along with a video, but scroll down to look at some very cool doodles he's done. This is a program for school kids of all ages to get them involved.

Here's this year's winning entry!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Take a look at this!!!  (Cool Internet Stuff) Empty Online PDF Conversion Utility

Post by DBCrazy Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Sometimes you have something in Word or Excel or something else and you need to send it to someone, but they don't have that program so they can't open it. The answer to this problem is to convert it to a PDF, because just about everybody can open a PDF file.

Go here and you can convert it. Voila! Then send it on its way.

DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:17 pm

wow that is just crazy!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:47 am

You may have seen the first of these (and isn't it nice that they put in Zack?)

(but someone refresh my memory on which epi the quote comes from!)
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:57 am

dawnsfire wrote:You may have seen the first of these (and isn't it nice that they put in Zack?)

(but someone refresh my memory on which epi the quote comes from!)
The Crank in the Shaft - they're investigating one of the guys that had been to a bar and gotten some Blue Monkey or something like that, and Booth is talking about the effects of the drink!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:40 pm

I thought maybe, but wasn't sure...Thanks!
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Found this in Sunday's paper:

pictures can be found in this article:

Apparently Angela uses both techniques.
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks, Dawn. That was really interesting, the video at the end too!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Not sure if it qualifies as cool, but this has been going around my Buffy friends LJs: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:Not sure if it qualifies as cool, but this has been going around my Buffy friends LJs: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Yeah, that qualifies as cool! I've vowed to myself to stay away from Twilight, but with Buffy there I figured it was okay. Stuff like that always amazes me.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:26 pm

My brother got me obsessed with Brotherhood 2.0. I've been watching the playlists of all their vlogs ever. They are pretty much awesome: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by hy6110327 Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:My brother got me obsessed with Brotherhood 2.0. I've been watching the playlists of all their vlogs ever. They are pretty much awesome: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
I LOVE JOHN! *sigh* They are amazing!
hy6110327
hy6110327
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by hy6110327 Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] is a place where you can get a free account and add books as you read them, or past book you've read. And the site will automatically give you recommended books that you might like to read based on the books you add.

Its a great site if your having problems finding books you like.
hy6110327
hy6110327
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:13 am

Sounds a little like Goodreads ( [Only admins are allowed to see this link] )--I'll have to check it out.
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:11 pm

hy6110327 wrote:
Fluffernutter wrote:My brother got me obsessed with Brotherhood 2.0. I've been watching the playlists of all their vlogs ever. They are pretty much awesome: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Have you read his books?
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by hy6110327 Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Fluffernutter wrote:
hy6110327 wrote:
Have you read his books?
I've read Looking for Alaska and going to start Paper Towns. You?
hy6110327
hy6110327
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next