Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brennan & Hannah bonding?

+15
i_heart_bones
mereva
tinge1990
crzy4bones
MI_Bonesgirl
clair82
treble21
joybrennan
gordongordonfan
adbyadby
bailey
Blue_Ink
RubyRuby
jro54
bugaboo628
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brennan & Hannah bonding? - Page 2 Empty Re: Brennan & Hannah bonding?

Post by gordongordonfan Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Yup- I'm not angry at this spoiler either... I'm just kinda "tired" of this spoiler being the "end all be all", ya know? I like the 'fun / crazy' threads better! :-) LOL New episodes start tomorrow (no, actually tonight since it's past midnight!) Thank goodness! Night everyone!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:21 pm

HH hasn't really said anything that indicates how long she'll be around for. Personally, I think he knows how long she'll be around for...but he just doesn't want to release that info because it would be considered a HUGE spoiler (at least that's what his tweet said) Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by clair82 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:19 pm

POSITIVE ALERT!!!!!! Lol

I like this quote. They just manage to sneak it in there:

But could there be another kiss? Deschanel was coy about it: “I can’t answer that question."

clair82
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 38
Say What You Want : Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it...
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Eh. I don't think anything they say about this plot will surprise me. I've convinced myself Hannah will be around all season (hope for the best,expect the worst) So whatever. It's like the same crap, different spin, different week. Not going to raise my blood pressure over it
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by adbyadby Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:54 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Eh. I don't think anything they say about this plot will surprise me. I've convinced myself Hannah will be around all season (hope for the best,expect the worst) So whatever. It's like the same crap, different spin, different week. Not going to raise my blood pressure over it
affraid shoot who would we like this to be

adbyadby
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:14 pm

joybrennan wrote:I'm not angry, I'm apathetic. I am curious to see what "My Generation" is like. Being that I'm just watiiting for this storyline to be over so that Bones can have a shot of being worth watching, HH can do whatever in the meantime. Rolling Eyes I jussy comment because the stuff just keeps getting dumber and dumber and longer and longer.... Rolling Eyes HH, it's season six, nobody cares about Raghag and her personality.

Definition of APATHETIC
1: having or showing little or no feeling or emotion : spiritless
2: having little or no interest or concern : indifferent

You are clearly NOT apathetic. If you were apathetic, you wouldn't still be on the board telling us over and over about how much you hate the storyline and Hart and the show and wishing the show would fail and "threatening" to go watch other shows. Someone who was apathetic would have just disappeared never to be heard from again...

I think it's interesting that the writers have chosen to have Hannah and Brennan bond. It would have been easier (but cliche) for Brennan to dislike Hannah, but to have her like Hannah...it does make things more complicated and opens up new facets of Brennan to discover. DB mentioned in the one clip about how "comfortable" Booth is having Brennan and Hannah interacting..which is different from what we've seen in the past, where he's kinda kept his love life private and seperate from Brennan...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:28 pm

maybe we could all try to have a casual conversation?

without overanalyzing everything? Very Happy

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Brennan & Hannah bonding? Oh dear... I've to agree with Bonesgirl: I don't think anything they say about this plot can surprise me by now.

clair82 wrote:But could there be another kiss? Deschanel was coy about it: “I can’t answer that question."
I highly doubt there will be any BB kisses until Hannah is gone (or even right after that).
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:38 pm

mereva wrote:Brennan & Hannah bonding? Oh dear... I've to agree with Bonesgirl: I don't think anything they say about this plot can surprise me by now.

clair82 wrote:But could there be another kiss? Deschanel was coy about it: “I can’t answer that question."
I highly doubt there will be any BB kisses until Hannah is gone (or even right after that).

All I will say about that is IF there is a B&B kiss during Hannah, I will not only be disappointed in HH's writing of that, but I will be very highly disappointed in Booth. Evil or Very Mad As much as I want B&B together and Hannah out of the picture, she does not deserve that.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 am

crzy4bones wrote:
joybrennan wrote:I'm not angry, I'm apathetic. I am curious to see what "My Generation" is like. Being that I'm just watiiting for this storyline to be over so that Bones can have a shot of being worth watching, HH can do whatever in the meantime. Rolling Eyes I jussy comment because the stuff just keeps getting dumber and dumber and longer and longer.... Rolling Eyes HH, it's season six, nobody cares about Raghag and her personality.

Definition of APATHETIC

You are clearly NOT apathetic. If you were apathetic, you wouldn't still be on the board telling us over and over about how much you hate the storyline and Hart and the show and wishing the show would fail and "threatening" to go watch other shows. Someone who was apathetic would have just disappeared never to be heard from again...

The next time you try to flame someone, try reading the post and what it's responding to. If you had, you'd realize that your definition #2 applied. Also, when paraphrasing someone else's post it's just polite to mention where the original came from, instead of passing it off as your own.

You apparently love this storyline. Good for you. However, you and they rest of the [Only admins are allowed to see this link] need to get over the fact that not everyone who has loved this show does.

firedevil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 am

MOD WARNING

Please remember to keep it civil. Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to voice it, but please refrain from attacking others in your posts.
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:52 am

joybrennan wrote:
crzy4bones wrote:

Definition of APATHETIC

The next time you try to flame someone, try reading the post and what it's responding to. If you had, you'd realize that your definition #2 applied. Also, when paraphrasing someone else's post it's just polite to mention where the original came from, instead of passing it off as your own.

You apparently love this storyline. Good for you. However, you and they rest of the [Only admins are allowed to see this link] need to get over the fact that not everyone who has loved this show does.

firedevil

I quoted your post...other than the definition of apathetic which I got from merriam-webster.com, there was nothing else that wasn't mine....the rest was just MY interpretation of what your feeling seem to be regarding the show from all the posts you have made over the last few months. I didn't realize that I needed to give credit for that.

And respect goes both ways...for those who detest the storyline to stop belittling those who at the least, accept it, even if they don't love it.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:05 am

There needs to be a whole lot more respect for others opinions on this board period. (and that is not directed at any one person, it's directed at everyone). And it would probably solve a lot of the problems if posters didn't finish every post with , " which is why I will/won't be watching the show, since I love/hate this storyline, and think that HH should be cannonized/burn in hell" It's one thing to state your opinions on the topic at hand it's quite another to repost the same things over and over and over and over again. It causes others to feel like they need to justify their decision to watch/not watch, which in turn ends up taking over EVERY thread.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:13 am

treble21 wrote:There needs to be a whole lot more respect for others opinions on this board period. (and that is not directed at any one person, it's directed at everyone). And it would probably solve a lot of the problems if posters didn't finish every post with , " which is why I will/won't be watching the show, since I love/hate this storyline, and think that HH should be cannonized/burn in hell" It's one thing to state your opinions on the topic at hand it's quite another to repost the same things over and over and over and over again. It causes others to feel like they need to justify their decision to watch/not watch, which in turn ends up taking over EVERY thread.

Well said!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jhi1005 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:52 am

Although it's not my favorite thing to read about anything Hannah-related, I will agree it's realistic that Brennan will try to be civil for Booth's sake (part of loving someone is wanting them to be happy, even if if isn't making YOU happy).

My only thoughts on this that are cautionary are that I really hope a character who is basically just a guest star doesn't dominate the storylines of the episodes that feature her. That would just seem odd overall to me-yes we have to acknowledge her presence in Booth's life, but one of the issues I had with the season finale was that they packed in so many stories that it felt like we were being rushed from scene to scene to cover all of them.

One thing I do look forward to is an episode where they're not advertising it as a "fan-splitter". I see why all of those episodes are important, I even liked some of them, but darnit, we've been split enough over the past few years, IMO we've earned an ep where everyone is rushing to the boards to talk about how much they LOVED it. hinthint-Brennan POV episode?

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:06 am

I think this is completely realisitic. Brennan is just going to come to accept Hannah and like her. It doesn't mean that they will be come BFFs and get pedicures and swap mac n' cheese recipes. She's a mature adult. She 's not going to act like jealous high school girl. If she truly loves Booth- she will put his happiness in front her OWN. She has to accept Hannah, but she doesn't have like her. I'm sure Booth will genuinely like Hannah. I'm sure Booth will genuinely like Hannah (maybe even have feelings for her just like Brennan did for Sully) But part of loving him is accepting her and their relationship.

Let's try to be positive: The writer spent the last half of the article writing about how B&B will get together. Very Happy At least it's a little refreshing to read about considering everything has been specifically about Booth/Hannah/Brennan.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:43 am

No, I don't think Hannah is going to be a part of the leading characters. Then the show wouldn't be called "Bones" any longer.
But I do think Hannah will be important for Bones to realize that she's going to miss an important piece of her life if she doesn't do anything. She made a bad decision, I can only hope that when Hannah's gone, she will grab that chance.

To me, she wants to get to know Hannah because she wants to know just what it is that attracts Hannah to Booth. Brennan has always learned from others, maybe this time she's going to learn from Hannah.

And Hannah, I think she's the one who's going to mention it to Booth that his partner has feelings for him. She's going to say it like: "it's very obvious, haven't you noticed?" Or "Are you sure you two didn't have anything going in the past?"

In the preview we saw Cam saying something like: "I thought you two would be a couple by now." So maybe it will be even Cam who's going to break it to Booth.

Then there's the fact that Hannah simply isn't Brennan; there are numerous of things why he loves Brennan just for the way she is. Like we saw in the preview: coming straight to the point when talking about if they met anyone special, she just says it like: "did I have sex with anyone?" And that's so typical for Brennan, it makes her unique and makes her special. And this will be something Hannah obvious won't have.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:36 am

I think the writers are unsure how long this story will last and are just waiting to see how the show performs ratings wise. Tonight they will get their answer. I think for this reason, the Brennan centric episode has been delayed.

Hanson has been hyping this episode for a while, and the ratings will determine how much change we will see in Brennan. If the ratings are on par with last year, the Brennan centric episode will be more evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:39 am

They may wait to see the direction of the ratings, say over the first 3-4 episodes. Predictions are for somewhere in the 8.5 million range for tonight which would be down from last season which was 10.36. But if they start to move considerably up or down in the next couple of weeks, then they will have a strong indicator of fan interest in the direction of the show -- at least those fans who are Nielsen fans.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 am

I kinda took this not as "oh, ok, Brennan and Hannah are gonna be BFFs" ... but more like Brennan's natural instinct is going to be to dislike this woman, but she finds she actually likes her, so that complicates the situation. I believe that's how Emily put it. Doesn't mean Brennan is going to like watching Booth & Hannah together, it'll hurt like hell, but she may just have a hard time disliking Hannah as a person. Add in Brennan's problems dealing with her own feelings in the first place and you get a major complication in an already complicated situation.

I actually like that this is a little bit of the road less traveled on this love triangle aspect that's been done to death on television. Little less soap opery than just two women fighting over the same piece of meat, and oh what a nice piece of meat he is. Razz
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2