Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Case for Hannah

+11
bones20
RubyRuby
THX1138
Lorna Doone
gordongordonfan
joybrennan
bonesfan158
jro54
MI_Bonesgirl
nclabrat
elyon
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Case for Hannah Empty The Case for Hannah

Post by elyon Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:43 am

I had a sudden realization after watching all of these promos for the season that has led me to re-evaluate Hannah. First, let me say, that I fully realize that Booth, Brennan and Hannah are fictional constructs of a group of writers who don't always remember what they've written 'a half an hour ago, a month ago or a year ago'. Brennan, particularly, seems to veer from being a smart, kick-ass scientist in seasons 1-3, to some sort of emotionally dysfunctional, socially challenged deer in the headlights, particularly in season 5. For a person who prides herself on her genius at parsing different cultures, 'I don't understand' is said way too many times about the social mores and the culture in which she herself lives. Note: I do not 'hate' Brennan; I just don't like the inconsistency of the writers.

Hannah is a woman at the top of her field, a difficult field for a woman to get to the top of, broadcasting live from the battlefield, a job she loves. She's an adrenalin junky who thrives on challenge and danger, who has interviewed the Taliban, been shot at and wounded and made a name for herself. Yet within months of meeting a former FBI agent-turned-sergeant, a man who has had health issues, has a son and an aging grandfather as well as a painful romantic past, she is willing to change herself completely for him. Brennan told Booth, 'I can't change', yet Hannah willingly gives up the job she loves, takes an assignment that bores her, restructures her entire career and moves half-way across the world to be with the man she loves. She has basically sacrificed her life as it was for the dream of being with him, not for fame and glory, international reputation or for her name in a history book but for Booth. At most, Brennan once sacrificed a Christmas trip to Peru.

Note 2: I totally hate the whole SO storyline and think that it's been used way too many times in this show. But that being said, Hannah is for Booth what Brennan told him she couldn't be. Hannah changed for Booth and Brennan told him she couldn't change. So I don't see Hannah as the villain or Booth as a bad guy for trying to make a happy life with a woman willing to change her own life for him.

I think that the future of this show depends very precisely on how the writers show Brennan's emotional development over the next season. She has to openly demonstrate that she loves Booth and is willing to do what she has to for a relationship. Booth, too, has been selfish. He walked out on his son and grandfather, without really much of a mental struggle that we saw, for some amorphous call to duty that ended up being the training of Afghan soldiers or cops (that's unclear), in 'someone else's war'. Are we to believe that something like 130,000 American soldiers in Afghanistan can't do that job and the army has to recruit a middle-aged FBI agent for the needed expertise. Bad writing, kids!

O.K. I know that it's an essay but suddenly I realized that Hannah had done for a man she's only known a few months what Brennan refused to do for someone whose pocket she's practically lived in for five years. What will cause Booth to torpedo his relationship with Hannah for Brennan, someone unwilling to change to be with him, had better be very, very convincing.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

The Case for Hannah Empty Re: The Case for Hannah

Post by nclabrat Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:08 am

Good points.....but I will ask....

Is changing your job (for someone who's entire belongings can fit in a duffle bag- if sides are right) the same as what Brennan faced in 100 - what she 'thinks' it will take to make Booth happy?

Brennan is terrified of commitment. She thinks she's not capable because of her walls, her past etc... Booth asked her for a lifetime of commitment. She was petrified.

My mind knows Booth has every right to try with someone else. It's what Brennan told him to do.

I see the SO story as Brennan being able to try that choice on for size. Does she like Booth with someone else? Can she let him go and simply be happy that he's happy?? I'm thinking she'll be ok on the surface, but deep down won't like it. How does HH show us that? The dream episode maybe??

I see the SO story as Booth finding out that no one but Brennan does it for him. Here he's got this seemingly perfect woman delivered on a platter and he's not really deep down happy. Deep down he's wishing it was Brennan.....wanting Brennan still. How does HH show us that? Our good Booth, shouldn't string the other woman along for very long. He should come to realize that his heart wants what it wants and it's Brennan and let the other woman down gently. If it takes him a long time, it hurts the story I think. Then she'll pack up her duffle bag and be off.....hopefully at the end of the 8 episode arc! Smile

Hopefully we at some point we hear Booth tell Brennan - I don't want you to change - I love you just the way you are! That was lacking in 100 imo. Smile

nclabrat

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:08 am

bowdown
Great post! You know, this is kind of where I am right now too. Yeah I still hate the SO plot. But I'm going to watch it unfold. Do I want to see the Booth/Hannah sex scene? Nope. But I totally get where they are going with this. And you are right-what could possibly cause booth to torpedo this perfect relationship with this perfect woman who is willing to give it all to him, for someone who wouldn't even give "them" a chance.
Again not bashing Brennan by any means, but I'm really really looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. And if Hart and Co can prove to us that B&B didn't miss their moment.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:19 am

OMG. Even though I still don't like this storyline, I can't wait to see how it plays out. Hannah is perfect. She’s wonderful. She’s warm. She’s open with her emotions. She’s someone that Booth could be with for 30, 40 or 50 years…but Booth and Brennan belong together. This whole show is about their relationship, their bond…and no other character is going to break that. I don’t think they will go running into each other’s arms after she leaves, but I’m sure Hannah will somehow bring B&B closer together. Booth is going to realize that Hannah is perfect for him and that she’s someone that he could see being with 30, 40, or 50 years, but what he feels for her doesn’t surpass what he feels for his Bones…and Brennan will come to terms with her feelings for him.

I don't think that "torpedo" necesarily means that Booth is just going to dump Hannah just to chase Brennan. He could realize that it's not working out and just dump her or he could realize that Brennan is the ONE, even though he has not intention of pursuing her...or he just does or doesn't to something that causes Hannah to dump him (maybe because we are going to “love” her) The tricky thing is even though Booth won't put his heart on the line again for a woman who wasn't willing to give them a "chance," but I'm not sure if Brennan is going to want to pursue him after Hannah leaves...because she won't think that he's in love with her after seeing him with Hannah and thinking about everything he's said about love and relationships. Guess will have to wait and see.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 am

I have always thought that what attracted Booth to Brennan was that she is physically, a strong, independent woman, but emotionally fragile (maybe not so much now) that she sees the world differently, that she’s argues with him constantly, and that she is socially awkward (I got the feeling that Booth sort of enjoys teasing her). From watching re-runs from seasons 1-3, I just get the feeling that all of Brennan‘s quirks and differences are what Booth likes about her …but Hannah is completely opposite of Brennan. She’s open with her emotions. She will be more socially adapted. She will probably be a lot like Booth on the surface…and laugh when he makes a pop cultural reference, unlike Brennan would just say, “I don’t know what that means.” Maybe when he gets back to DC and compares them, he’ll realize that Hannah is the perfect woman. She’s wonderful. She’s warm…but she is just simply not his Bones. She just doesn't compare to her.

I think that no matter what Hannah does for him, no matter how perfect she is, even if she's an angle from heaven, it's not going to matter...because she's simply NOT his Bones. She's always going to be second best. Brennan is the ONE, but she wasn't willing to take that risk, so he's willing to settle for mockolate, instead of chocolate (Friends anyone?)

...So what if Booth realizes that he can't move on. He's with the perfect woman, but deep down, he's still not completely happy...so he dumps Hannah because he doesn't thinks it's right to be with woman and be in love with another woman. He sort of feels like he's betraying both of them, even though he has no intention of pursuing Brennan...and honestly, I can't see Booth doing that. Stringing one woman along all while he's in love with another woman.

Frankly, I don't care how it happens...but I would prefer if Booth does the breaking up because he realizes that he can't move on from Brennan. They BOTH have to come to their own conclusions. Not only does Brennan have to admit her feelings, but Booth at least has to realize that Brennan is always going to be standard and no other woman can ever compare to that.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:30 am

I had similar thoughts and posted my opinions on another thread, but am going to restate them here.
I believe that Hannah is necessary for Booth to realize that he cannot move on and for Brennan to realize that she is what Booth needs. I believe Hannah is going to be "perfect" for Booth, or what he thinks is perfect for him. Once he has what he "thinks" he wants, he will realize that it is not what he needs.
The same goes for Brennan, she thinks she cannot be what he wants and wants him to move on and be happy, but she will realize that she "is exactly what he needs and he is exactly what she needs and deserves. She comes back from Maluku with a clearer understanding of her professional roll, but neither have dealt with the emotional piece. Hence the intro episode--Mastodon in the Room. The emotional "elephant" of Episode 100 to the season finale is still with us and looming bigger than last season.
These characters are fictional, but they are one of the more complex ones on TV today. Hopefully there is a "happily ever after" for them, but it's going to take hard work and soul searching for them to get there. I am hoping we are living by the old adage---Whatever is worth having is worth fighting for. We know that they are both fighters.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 am

Raghag moving to DC to be with Booth is a physical change, but it's not changing WHO SHE IS. She's a journalist, she's a RISKTAKER (as evidenced by her being in a war zone in a restricted area) who goes after what she wants - and that's Booth. She may have all the traits that are "perfect" for Booth, but she's not changing herself for Booth. This is why I feel bad for Brennan. Raghag is, as people have pointed out, just about everything Brennan isn't. When she sees that, it will reinforce the idea that WHO SHE IS isn't what Booth wanted, and she WOULD have to change in order to be the dream he wanted. Raghag isn't changing herself; she's just being who she is.

Booth will have to decide the dream person he thought he wanted, isn't what he wants at all. Then he'll have to convince Brennan of that...

Is it Christmas yet?

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:05 am

joybrennan wrote:Raghag moving to DC to be with Booth is a physical change, but it's not changing WHO SHE IS. She's a journalist, she's a RISKTAKER (as evidenced by her being in a war zone in a restricted area) who goes after what she wants - and that's Booth. She may have all the traits that are "perfect" for Booth, but she's not changing herself for Booth. This is why I feel bad for Brennan. Raghag is, as people have pointed out, just about everything Brennan isn't. When she sees that, it will reinforce the idea that WHO SHE IS isn't what Booth wanted, and she WOULD have to change in order to be the dream he wanted. Raghag isn't changing herself; she's just being who she is.

Booth will have to decide the dream person he thought he wanted, isn't what he wants at all. Then he'll have to convince Brennan of that...

Is it Christmas yet?

I totally agree with this. Raghag moving to DC to be with Booth isn't changing who she is, it's just being who she is. She's just type of girl who goes after she wants-and that's Booth...but I think it will all come down to Booth realizing that who she is isn't what he wants at all. He'll realize that Hannah isn't who he wants. Who knows? Maybe that will be enough for him to "torpedo" the relationship. Rolling Eyes

...And we also have to keep how we think Brennan's going to feel. She's going to see that Booth is so happy and in love with the Raghag, that she's everything she isn't. She won't believe that he's in love with her, but that he's in love with Hannah, that maybe she isn't who he wanted, but that he wanted Hannah...so I really don't think she's going to pursue Booth or even tell him how she feels.

Last edited by jro54 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by nclabrat Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:15 am

joybrennan wrote:Raghag moving to DC to be with Booth is a physical change, but it's not changing WHO SHE IS. She's a journalist, she's a RISKTAKER (as evidenced by her being in a war zone in a restricted area) who goes after what she wants - and that's Booth. She may have all the traits that are "perfect" for Booth, but she's not changing herself for Booth. This is why I feel bad for Brennan.

Is it Christmas yet?

Very well said......IA - Raghag(LOL) is not changing anything but her location. She's making a play for what she wants.
Can't wait for Booth to realize what may have been interesting in Afghanistan isn't so good when you compare her to Bones!!! I hope he has a quick learning curve cuz I don't want the ol' raghag around long either!
Is she gone yet??? smash

nclabrat

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 am

I think the key is the whole "openly" part.... Brennan needs to openly show this change or openness to Booth... cause for my part, I really think she HAS changed and grown and given up A HUGE amount for Booth. I think, as others have said, the journalist is likely doing "what she does"... moves around, likes to travel light, etc. I don't see it as a huge 'sacrifice' on her part just yet, but who knows, Booth might... And I do get that she is "open" and warm and all that. (What Booth will like at first, no doubt)

But I think Brennan's character has actually given up WAY more, the problem is that WE know it, but Booth doesn't. Case in point- think about the Proof in the Pudding. Bones threw her whole reputation, character and WORLD VIEW out the window by LYING (something she DOES NOT DO) all to protect Booth's feelings and self concept. This action, even more than risking her life for him, shows how much she loves this man. She loves him even more than her "truths". But problem is, when she did this (and things like it)... WE get to see it, but Booth doesn't always have the same view of it we do! Hopefully this will be the year of it all becoming more obvious on Brennan's part (sort of how Booth has been for the past couple years)... and then maybe Booth can lower his protective shields enough to see it..???
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:40 am

This is just my opinion, but I really don't see moving to DC as a big sacrifice. She's a journalist, she probably moves around a lot and she's a risktaker, so she's not really changing herself for Booth, she's just being who she is...where as Brennan (and I agree with GGfan) has sacrifced WAY more for Booth, such as JFK episode. She sacrificed her whole career, her reputation and her worldview to lie all to protect Booth's feelings. You can think what you want, but that to me shows that how much she loves that man...and don't get me started on the 100th. The only problem is that Booth doesn't see it. He doesn't know what she did for him in the JFK episode. He doesn't believe that she's in love with him, so he's willing to settle for second best.

Edit:...and I don't mean to favor Brennan (because I don't want to start another "Booth vs Brennan" debate) I'm just saying that when it comes to Hannah vs Brennan, Brennan is the ONE for Booth (but I'm sure we kind of already know that)...where as Hannah just followed him to DC because she's too wrapped up in having hot sex with army ranger in fatigues.

Last edited by jro54 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:02 am

gordongordonfan wrote:
But I think Brennan's character has actually given up WAY more, the problem is that WE know it, but Booth doesn't. Case in point- think about the Proof in the Pudding. Bones threw her whole reputation, character and WORLD VIEW out the window by LYING (something she DOES NOT DO) all to protect Booth's feelings and self concept. This action, even more than risking her life for him, shows how much she loves this man. She loves him even more than her "truths". But problem is, when she did this (and things like it)... WE get to see it, but Booth doesn't always have the same view of it we do!

I've always thought that Cam's statement to Brennan: "I'll never forget what you did for him" will probably play out somewhere down the line. Maybe Cam is going to have to slap Booth around a little first. Twisted Evil

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:09 am

Lorna Doone wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:
But I think Brennan's character has actually given up WAY more, the problem is that WE know it, but Booth doesn't. Case in point- think about the Proof in the Pudding. Bones threw her whole reputation, character and WORLD VIEW out the window by LYING (something she DOES NOT DO) all to protect Booth's feelings and self concept. This action, even more than risking her life for him, shows how much she loves this man. She loves him even more than her "truths". But problem is, when she did this (and things like it)... WE get to see it, but Booth doesn't always have the same view of it we do!

I've always thought that Cam's statement to Brennan: "I'll never forget what you did for him" will probably play out somewhere down the line. Maybe Cam is going to have to slap Booth around a little first. Twisted Evil

Lorna

Sounds about right - especially the slapping around! Seriously, I always thought Cam knew about Brennan's feelings for Booth pretty much immediately. I think she wasn't as sure about Booth - which is why she warned him about being sure of his feelings before telling Brennan. I think if Cam finds out how that night went down, the slapping around (at least verbally) will commence! [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 am

joybrennan wrote:
Lorna Doone wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:

Lorna

Sounds about right - especially the slapping around! Seriously, I always thought Cam knew about Brennan's feelings for Booth pretty much immediately. I think she wasn't as sure about Booth - which is why she warned him about being sure of his feelings before telling Brennan. I think if Cam finds out how that night went down, the slapping around (at least verbally) will commence! [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I can totally see Cam slapping Booth around....and I know this might be a little out there, but what if when B&B finally get together, Cam sort of let's a comment slip about Brennan being in love with him to Booth. I've gotten into a couple debates about this, but I think that Cam knows that Brennan has feelings for Booth. I just think she isn't sure about Booth's feelings...which is why said, ", "You have to be sure that you're in love with Brennan, because if you don't and she opens her shell and you decide that you don't really love her, she will die in loneliness. (I'm paraphrasing)...and "I will never forget what you did for him."
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:45 am

Yeah, they've said that Cam won't like Hannah (at first) so that's good. (I think it speaks nicely to her and Brennan's friendship. We expect it of Ang, but it's nice from Cam too.) I'd like for Cam, or Caroline?, to eventually help "set Booth straight"... (once he's seen it for himself of course, cause can't you just hear Cam saying "you can't TELL Booth anything, you can just lead him there inch by inch?"
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:21 pm

jro54 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
Lorna Doone wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:

Lorna

I can totally see Cam slapping Booth around....and I know this might be a little out there, but what if when B&B finally get together, Cam sort of let's a comment slip about Brennan being in love with him to Booth. I've gotten into a couple debates about this, but I think that Cam knows that Brennan has feelings for Booth. I just think she isn't sure about Booth's feelings...which is why said, ", "You have to be sure that you're in love with Brennan, because if you don't and she opens her shell and you decide that you don't really love her, she will die in loneliness. (I'm paraphrasing)...and "I will never forget what you did for him."

When I say Cam's always known, I mean from the get go, as in pretty much the day she started a head of the department she picked up that Brennan had some feelings that were NOT professional about Booth. Later she realized that while Brennan had the feelings she had no awareness of them being love and no sense of what to do about it. Cam really developed into seeing that Brennan was both strongwiilled AND fragile.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 pm

joybrennan wrote:When I say Cam's always known, I mean from the get go, as in pretty much the day she started a head of the department she picked up that Brennan had some feelings that were NOT professional about Booth. Later she realized that while Brennan had the feelings she had no awareness of them being love and no sense of what to do about it. Cam really developed into seeing that Brennan was both strong willed AND fragile.
I'd agree with that, at least it was definitely more of an evolutionary development on Cam's part. When S2 started she definitely saw Brennan as more of a strong, stubborn, even arrogant rival, but by the end of the season she'd come around to realizing that Brennan had a soft gooey center like the rest of us, just one that she protected fiercely because for all her bluster, Brennan is actually quite fragile emotionally. I honestly think that by mid S3 Cam was in Brennan's corner rooting for her and Booth to get together, because she knows (and has known) Booth has a thing for Brennan, and once she figured out Brennan had a thing for Booth, she became a B&B booster too.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:53 pm

THX1138 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:When I say Cam's always known, I mean from the get go, as in pretty much the day she started a head of the department she picked up that Brennan had some feelings that were NOT professional about Booth. Later she realized that while Brennan had the feelings she had no awareness of them being love and no sense of what to do about it. Cam really developed into seeing that Brennan was both strong willed AND fragile.
I'd agree with that, at least it was definitely more of an evolutionary development on Cam's part. When S2 started she definitely saw Brennan as more of a strong, stubborn, even arrogant rival, but by the end of the season she'd come around to realizing that Brennan had a soft gooey center like the rest of us, just one that she protected fiercely because for all her bluster, Brennan is actually quite fragile emotionally. I honestly think that by mid S3 Cam was in Brennan's corner rooting for her and Booth to get together, because she knows (and has known) Booth has a thing for Brennan, and once she figured out Brennan had a thing for Booth, she became a B&B booster too.

king RM
Yeah, I think she saw Booth as someone to wrestle over with Brennan at first. I don't think she caught on about Booth having feelings for Brennan until they started sleeping together again - which is why I think she sees Booth as not being as sure. Kind of like she looks at his behavior at that time and thought, " why is he making moves on everyone but Brennan?"

Last edited by THX1138 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed quote)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:16 pm

joybrennan wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM
Yeah, I think she saw Booth as someone to wrestle over with Brennan at first. I don't think she caught on about Booth having feelings for Brennan until they started sleeping together again - which is why I think she sees Booth as not being as sure. Kind of like she looks at his behavior at that time and thought, " why is he making moves on everyone but Brennan?"

That's why I think she cautioned Booth about telling Brennan he loved her. Cam knew Booth was attracted to her, wanted her even, but she wasn't 100% sure he was in love with her and for him to tell Brennan, well, she wanted him to be 100% sure so Brennan wouldn't get destroyed if he changed his mind later on. In many ways Cam is a better friend to Brennan than Angela is, at least Cam can see past the "squee" to what might happen if it doesn't work out.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:17 pm

THX1138 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM

That's why I think she cautioned Booth about telling Brennan he loved her. Cam knew Booth was attracted to her, wanted her even, but she wasn't 100% sure he was in love with her and for him to tell Brennan, well, she wanted him to be 100% sure so Brennan wouldn't get destroyed if he changed his mind later on. In many ways Cam is a better friend to Brennan than Angela is, at least Cam can see past the "squee" to what might happen if it doesn't work out.

king RM

Yes Absolutely!!!!
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:24 pm

RubyRuby wrote:
THX1138 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
THX1138 wrote:

king RM

king RM

Yes Absolutely!!!!
Bingo, Baby! Now the complete idea is laid out! Laughing
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:19 am

I have really enjoyed watching the character of Cam evolving. I like her and have maintained that she should be the one to set Brennan straight and also be totally honest with Booth.
I agree with a lot of opinions as to how Brennan is going to view Hannah as being perfect for him where she is not. Hopefully, Booth will come to his senses and dump Hannah, not the other way around. If he does this, it should shake up Brennan enough to re-evaluate her earlier beliefs. I would like to see Cam play a big part in this. She seems to be able to speak in a way they both understand--if you remember the scene between she and Brennan when they were talking about Booth and Catherine.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by bones20 Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:29 am

Brennan, particularly, seems to veer from being a smart, kick-ass scientist in seasons 1-3, to some sort of emotionally dysfunctional, socially challenged deer in the headlights, particularly in season 5

100% agree
bones20
bones20

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:36 am

bones20 wrote:Brennan, particularly, seems to veer from being a smart, kick-ass scientist in seasons 1-3, to some sort of emotionally dysfunctional, socially challenged deer in the headlights, particularly in season 5

100% agree

Tell me about it. loco Suspect
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:52 am

RubyRuby wrote:
bones20 wrote:Brennan, particularly, seems to veer from being a smart, kick-ass scientist in seasons 1-3, to some sort of emotionally dysfunctional, socially challenged deer in the headlights, particularly in season 5

100% agree

Tell me about it. loco Suspect
Well that's what I called "Schizo Brennan" from S4. In S5 she'd started to mature into an emotionally mature woman, started only though, she hadn't finished even by the end of the season. S4 Brennan was totally schizophrenic. One episode she was a kick-ass scientist, the next an emotional cripple, the next a clueless goof who served as Booth's straight man. It's like HH couldn't figure out who he wanted her to be so he'd get up each morning and spin the wheel of Brennan's.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, that got old very, very fast.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content