Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hannah

+19
Pat
bailey
SnoopGirl
crzy4bones
dreamerktm411
katharine
MoonlightGardenias
joybrennan
Lo
mereva
MI_Bonesgirl
kokonut_soda
RubyRuby
jro54
treble21
AmandaMarshall
elyon
kat0505
23 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hannah Empty Hannah

Post by kat0505 Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:21 am

I started this topic coz I think it would be an interesting to discuss. Not to be completely negative about, coz I've read different opinions about this person entering B&B's lives and these opinions vary from being totally careless to let's-get-over-her quick and even much hate has been spread around about this person.

My question here to discuss is: Why bringing on this new GF for Booth if we already saw this, have that, done that before? HH must have known the fans' reactions. So, what's the purpose bringing on her? HH being insane?

My opinion: as always optimistic ;-)
I think Hannah's there for a reason. And it's not just to make Brennan jealous. I think (and this is my personal theory) it's for Booth to realize that Brennan is the "one" for him. He doesn't realize this yet; he thought he was in love with her and told Brennan at the wrong time, in the wrong place.
So, after she declined, he did what he told he would do; convincing his mind it's good to move on, he went to Afghanistan. It was meant to happen that the first attractive (blonde) woman he would meet, would be his new "one". Only, that's where the mind usually tricks a person. Moving on and things were fine at Afghanistan but as soon as being back in DC he will start to miss being (the old) Booth again. He would want back what he had left before and that will include Brennan. Brennan's for him like coming back home, with her he can be himself. While being with Hannah, he needs to play the war-hero-action man. But he wants to be "home", so that will be for him to recognize Brennan as being at "home" and for loving her that way. And that will mean the break up with Hannah. I hope my explanation makes any sense to you.

I can only hope that Brennan will start to cancel after cases drinks and lunches at the Diner coz that distance will help him making that decision in breaking up with Hannah.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Hannah Empty Re: Hannah

Post by elyon Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:13 am

Stephen Nathan said last season that Booth would try to move on but he didn't think fans wanted Booth to succeed (duh!) and that was what they would be exploring 'next season'. I think the new big bad coming up in the last 2/3's of the season defines the length of time Hannah is going to be around -- 1/3 of the season -- because I don't think that there will be an overlap, too much going on. So 1/3 of 23 is 7-8 episodes and that's what I think we can look for. And if my theory is true then they are probably sequential.

As for Hannah, from what has been said about her, she is a kickass, risk-taking investigative journalist. That sounds like someone who identifies with Booth's adrenalin-fueled side but wouldn't have much in common with the reflective side that Brennan has seen. Hannah wants to bend or break the rules for a good story. Booth is hot and sexy as hell in his camos. But I keep thinking about the movie 'The Best Years of Our Lives' with Dana Andrews. He was sexy as hell in his army uniform and in it he marries a hot blond. But then he comes home from war and takes off the uniform and puts on a suit and the hot blond makes a quick exit.

It's not clear from the sides whether or if Booth has any long term plans in his head regarding Hannah or whether he's just going with the flow fueled by a wartime situation and a rebounding heart. But if I read it correctly, red hot Hannah isn't interested in an apron, a stepson and a white picket fence. So to her, Booth is the same sort of quicky adventure that Sully was for Brennan.

DB said that 'maybe things aren't what they seem' down the road with Booth and Hannah. 'Maybe she'll drive him crazy.' Let's all hope it happens sooner rather than later.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaMarshall Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:20 am

elyon wrote:DB said that 'maybe things aren't what they seem' down the road with Booth and Hannah. 'Maybe she'll drive him crazy.' Let's all hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Did you see Hart's tweet today?

HartHanson .@EliseTuncay Think of DB as the ID of "Bones". Living mostly in the moment, saying what he thinks in the moment or just flat out lying.

LOL. Yeah, I can see DB as the show's id -- if I actually believed in ids.

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:23 am

AmandaMarshall wrote:
elyon wrote:DB said that 'maybe things aren't what they seem' down the road with Booth and Hannah. 'Maybe she'll drive him crazy.' Let's all hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Did you see Hart's tweet today?

HartHanson .@EliseTuncay Think of DB as the ID of "Bones". Living mostly in the moment, saying what he thinks in the moment or just flat out lying.

LOL. Yeah, I can see DB as the show's id -- if I actually believed in ids.

I laughed when I saw HH's tweet, he's confirming what most of the fans had already figured out, Don't believe a word out of DB's mouth Wink
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:30 am

I agree! Booth is going to try and move on, but he won't be able to so. Things in DC are going to be a lot different. I do hope that after the 4th episode Brennan will realize she truly loves Booth and wants the best for him. If Hannah is what Booth wants, Brennan will give him the space to do so. I do hope Hannah is gone sooner than later.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:31 am

For the most part that may be true but he's been very consistent since last spring about Booth trying to move on, finding a girlfriend and sticking it to Brennan. He's said that in at least half a dozen interviews since the 100th so I tend to believe that this is where the character is actually going.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:34 am

I would also be surprised if the now legendary 4th actually turns out to be the fourth episode. My guess is they kick it down the road a bit so that it falls closer to the break up of the Booth/Hannah relationship. That would make for better drama. But again if Brennan is going to be pining for Booth, maybe she needs a few episodes to show off her tragic loss side.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:41 am

IDK I never really paid attention to anything DB says...but I just have a scary feeling that everything won't be okay...like what if Booth and Hannah get married, have a 2.5 kids and white picket fence and Brennan is still indentifying human remains nervous
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:23 pm

jro54 wrote:IDK I never really paid attention to anything DB says...but I just have a scary feeling that everything won't be okay...like what if Booth and Hannah get married, have a 2.5 kids and white picket fence and Brennan is still indentifying human remains nervous

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic? because of that I'll go with my serious answer and not the smartass one . That will never ever happen, so I wouldn't waste time worrying about it. There is nothing to indicate that Hannah is anything more than a tiny wave rocking the B/B ship.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:51 pm

jro54 wrote:IDK I never really paid attention to anything DB says...but I just have a scary feeling that everything won't be okay...like what if Booth and Hannah get married, have a 2.5 kids and white picket fence and Brennan is still indentifying human remains nervous

Have faith darling, have faith. TRUST ME I know its hard (and really stupid at times, because we are so emotionally invested in FICTIONAL characters when we could be doing more productive things). Maybe things will be a little rocky during and after the SO arch, but we have to believe it will get better. Until then, we piss everybody off with our ranting.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kokonut_soda Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:02 pm

RubyRuby wrote:Have faith darling, have faith. TRUST ME I know its hard (and really stupid at times, because we are so emotionally invested in FICTIONAL characters when we could be doing more productive things). Maybe things will be a little rocky during and after the SO arch, but we have to believe it will get better. Until then, we piss everybody off with our ranting.

That's how I feel. When I first heard about Hannah, I was incredibly and ridiculously angry and worried and pissed and upset.....

But, I went surfing through old-ish Bones interviews on Youtube, and I came across one of them where Hart said something along the lines of "People just need to have faith, faith that those who are supposed to be together will be together, and those that shouldn't be together won't." That made me realize that Hart himself wants Booth and Brennan to be together, which restored my faith in BB.

I have to say, I like it a lot better being optimistic about it rather than being angry and upset about it. Very Happy
kokonut_soda
kokonut_soda
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Say What You Want : Don't kick the baby!
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:16 pm

RubyRuby wrote:

Have faith darling, have faith. TRUST ME I know its hard (and really stupid at times, because we are so emotionally invested in FICTIONAL characters when we could be doing more productive things). Maybe things will be a little rocky during and after the SO arch, but we have to believe it will get better. Until then, we piss everybody off with our ranting.

I have faith. I have no doubt that these two crazy kids are meant to be and they will be together...just have really bad mood swings when it comes to this show...like I can go from angry to sad to really happy very quickly. Some of the other posters suggested that I should be medicated...and that I should be in the looney bin with Zack during the SO arch.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:35 pm

jro54 wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:

I have faith. I have no doubt that these two crazy kids are meant to be and they will be together...just have really bad mood swings when it comes to this show...like I can go from angry to sad to really happy very quickly. Some of the other posters suggested that I should be medicated...and that I should be in the looney bin with Zack during the SO arch.

Queen of the Loony Bin!!!! YAY bounce cheers toast I'll join you and we can have a merry ol' time with Dr Addy! Perhaps Dr Sweets will come and visit....hmmm
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:24 am

kokonut_soda wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:Have faith darling, have faith. TRUST ME I know its hard (and really stupid at times, because we are so emotionally invested in FICTIONAL characters when we could be doing more productive things). Maybe things will be a little rocky during and after the SO arch, but we have to believe it will get better. Until then, we piss everybody off with our ranting.

That's how I feel. When I first heard about Hannah, I was incredibly and ridiculously angry and worried and pissed and upset.....

But, I went surfing through old-ish Bones interviews on Youtube, and I came across one of them where Hart said something along the lines of "People just need to have faith, faith that those who are supposed to be together will be together, and those that shouldn't be together won't." That made me realize that Hart himself wants Booth and Brennan to be together, which restored my faith in BB.

I have to say, I like it a lot better being optimistic about it rather than being angry and upset about it. Very Happy

"People just need to have faith, faith that those who are supposed to be together will be together, and those that shouldn't be together won't."

See my problem with Hart, and with this quote, and with this fandom in general is-who says he is talking about B&B being the couple that is supposed to be together? Maybe Hodgela was the couple that was meant to be. Maybe B&B just aren't meant to be. Hart has never stated either way. He's not stupid. If he says B&B will never be together he looses a HUGE chunk of his fanbase-which in turn would likely sink the show-because what else is there to hold out for. But as long as he continues to dangle carrots, and twist words, and say stuff like "have faith" and "I have no interest in putting them together in the very last eposide of the series" He is giving people hope that they will be together. But, his answers are very vague and can be read either way.
Read it the way you want, but I'm not holding my breath, nor will I be surprised when Miss Hannah shows up pregnant and with a huge diamond engagement ring. Rolling Eyes
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:35 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:...Read it the way you want, but I'm not holding my breath, nor will I be surprised when Miss Hannah shows up pregnant and with a huge diamond engagement ring. Rolling Eyes
Dear, you forgot a house with a white picket fence and a dog! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:38 am

Hart has said that Booth and Brennan will end as a couple. The only thing he refuses to comment on is when solely because if he told us his timeline the whole surprise element of whenthey get together is boring an predictable. So he is not referring to Hodgins and Angela based off that.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:52 am

Lo wrote:Hart has said that Booth and Brennan will end as a couple. The only thing he refuses to comment on is when solely because if he told us his timeline the whole surprise element of whenthey get together is boring an predictable. So he is not referring to Hodgins and Angela based off that.

When did he say that? The only thing specific thing I've heard him say is that he knows how the series will end. That can mean anything from B&B will ride off happily into the sunset, to the lab will blow up and everyone will die.
The ONLY concrete hope that we can hold onto for B&B is the fact that Emily believes they belong together. But what remains to be seen is if she can convince everyone else of that. Everything else is spun from hope and speculation.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:56 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
Lo wrote:Hart has said that Booth and Brennan will end as a couple. The only thing he refuses to comment on is when solely because if he told us his timeline the whole surprise element of whenthey get together is boring an predictable. So he is not referring to Hodgins and Angela based off that.

When did he say that? The only thing specific thing I've heard him say is that he knows how the series will end. That can mean anything from B&B will ride off happily into the sunset, to the lab will blow up and everyone will die.
The ONLY concrete hope that we can hold onto for B&B is the fact that Emily believes they belong together. But what remains to be seen is if she can convince everyone else of that. Everything else is spun from hope and speculation.

Hart did say that he knows "when in their lives they get together."
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:07 am

He did say that and I'm hoping it's soon. They're not getting any younger nor are we. The whole they'll-get-together-eventually thing is fine during the first few seasons of a show but as we've all said, if you keep kicking the big clinch down the road, viewers will eventually lose interest and go looking for a more satisfying show.

I think personally if Hart let it slip that B&B were going to get together this season, his ratings would go through the roof like they did before the 100th. What will be interesting is to compare what happens with the House ratings next season now that House and Cuddy are together. If they sky-rocket that's proof that a committed couple in a drama can still bring in the viewers. And if Hart keeps dragging his feet on the B&B front and the ratings start to drop, further evidence that prolonging a pleasure too long sours the pleasure.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:49 am

"when in their lives they get together." I still don't recall those exact words ever leaving Hart's mouth but whatever.
I wouldn't base B&B based on House-I occasionally watch House, couldn't care less about the Cuddy ship, and from what I've seen from that fan base in general is a very mixed reaction to it. From people who love it, to those who don't care, to those who absolutely hate it. Cuddy is just not the be all end all of that show. Maybe they aren't as vocal as Bones fans, I don't know-but I do know that every time a new House spoiler comes out, that fandom doesn't explode. They aren't talking about a certain storyline sinking that show.
I do have to say kudos to David Shore for doing what HH hasn't got the balls to do.

elyon I do agree with you that if Hart were to say that B&B will get together this season the ratings would be off the charts. People would watch this stupid SO arc, because there would be a definite light at the end of the tunnel. But so far we have been given NOTHING positive, nothing to look forward to, no reason to have faith or continue to believe everything happens eventually. It's almost as if they are saying this is what is it, you don't like it, but we really don't care. A big Eff You to the fanbase. Remember what Caroline said to Sweets-"It's time you grow the hell up" I believe that was a message from Hart to us.

As for myself, I think I've officially watched this ship sail. Oh I'll still watch, but I'm not going to spin what I see or hear into something positive just because it is what I want to believe. If anything what we are given is brutally honest. We should have learned that from the S5 finale. They tell us not to believe the spoilers--But they haven't given us reason NOT to believe them yet. Even if we strip the BS out of the DB interviews-bottom line there is some truth to what he is saying. I've noticed what we interpret as negative things from DB-that is what we get in reality. It's when he starts to fabricate scenarios and twist words that he's full of crap. Think about it S5 finale-they may or may not go their separate ways-we interpret that as negative and don't believe what he says, when in fact he is speaking the truth. DB says B&B may or may not kiss-we interpret that as YAY there is some hope-it doesn't happen and all of a sudden DB is a liar.

IF B&B ever happen, then I will be pleasantly surprised. But if I continue to hope that it will happen sooner than later and buy into the keep the faith crap, then I would have to be heavily medicated to continue watching.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:08 am

I still have no doubt that it WILL happen...simply because Hart has pushed B&B's relationship so far out there that there is no way he can walk it all back and pretend like it never happened. I'm sure it he has realized that the only way this arch can end is if B&B get together...I found a comforting statement from Hart:“We aren’t nervous about making them a couple, but we want it to play out in a way that is realistic for these two and that will make fans happy." Apparently. HH doesn't know how to make fans happy, but I truly believe that each roadblock is a stepping stone towards becoming couple and realizing that they are right for each other...And I don't know if this is the season or the next one or the episode before the very last episode, but I have no doubt that it WILL happen.

Last edited by jro54 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:14 am

I still think -- and this is logic not I believe in Santa Claus -- that Hart would not have pushed the relationship so hard from the last few episodes in season 4 all the way through season 5 if he didn't plan to get them together in season 6. He's basically running a race with this show and if he starts out of the gate too soon and makes the track too long, his B&B horses will break down before the finish line.

The relationship has been put front and center since The Critic in the Cabernet and it's starting to run out of steam. If Hart brings in Hannah and then takes her out and B&B are still dancing around each other, I think that'll be the end for most viewers.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:26 am

elyon wrote:I still think -- and this is logic not I believe in Santa Claus -- that Hart would not have pushed the relationship so hard from the last few episodes in season 4 all the way through season 5 if he didn't plan to get them together in season 6. He's basically running a race with this show and if he starts out of the gate too soon and makes the track too long, his B&B horses will break down before the finish line.

The relationship has been put front and center since The Critic in the Cabernet and it's starting to run out of steam. If Hart brings in Hannah and then takes her out and B&B are still dancing around each other, I think that'll be the end for most viewers.

No offense but I'm finding fault in your logic. Only because of the way S5 ended. I agree that the real forward shove started with Critic, then we get the coma dream. By all reasonable thinking a relationship should have happened by the end of S5. Hence the buildup. He had every opportunity to do so in the 100th. But for some reason slammed on the breaks and decided to back that train up.
So who's to say S6, S7, S8 won't be more of the same? Teases and roadblocks with no real intent of coming through with a B&B relationship..

I'm just frustrated. I'm really not trying to be negative, just trying to be realistic.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:43 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:
elyon wrote:I still think -- and this is logic not I believe in Santa Claus -- that Hart would not have pushed the relationship so hard from the last few episodes in season 4 all the way through season 5 if he didn't plan to get them together in season 6. He's basically running a race with this show and if he starts out of the gate too soon and makes the track too long, his B&B horses will break down before the finish line.

No offense but I'm finding fault in your logic. Only because of the way S5 ended. I agree that the real forward shove started with Critic, then we get the coma dream. By all reasonable thinking a relationship should have happened by the end of S5. Hence the buildup. He had every opportunity to do so in the 100th. But for some reason slammed on the breaks and decided to back that train up.
So who's to say S6, S7, S8 won't be more of the same? Teases and roadblocks with no real intent of coming through with a B&B relationship..

I'm just frustrated. I'm really not trying to be negative, just trying to be realistic.

Yeah..but if Hart decided to take it all back to seasons 1-3, he wouldn't have written the season 5 finale like he did with the "death grip" hand shake and the the "eye sex." He would have done something more light...and what if Hart did plan to get B&B together in the season finale, but Fox stepped in or House decided to get House and Cuddy together, so Hart had to postpone it for another year...but this is just pure speculation.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:04 am

elyon wrote:He did say that and I'm hoping it's soon. They're not getting any younger nor are we. The whole they'll-get-together-eventually thing is fine during the first few seasons of a show but as we've all said, if you keep kicking the big clinch down the road, viewers will eventually lose interest and go looking for a more satisfying show.

I think personally if Hart let it slip that B&B were going to get together this season, his ratings would go through the roof like they did before the 100th. What will be interesting is to compare what happens with the House ratings next season now that House and Cuddy are together. If they sky-rocket that's proof that a committed couple in a drama can still bring in the viewers. And if Hart keeps dragging his feet on the B&B front and the ratings start to drop, further evidence that prolonging a pleasure too long sours the pleasure.

He COULD look at The Closer if he's wondering if a committed couple can hold rating - not to mention the various Emmy nods.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next