Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you liked the finale, click here!

+30
gordongordonfan
bailey
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Bella Loony
AmandaFriend
jro54
sanasus
A2BOREANAZ
tinkrella
booksandbones
i_heart_bones
future_anthro
SJB
BBShipper
katharine
Brain&Heart
howie
crzy4bones
Nightowl
bones_fanatic19
heirofloki
treble21
jsgemini
CanadianBones
ToZiKa
simonmad
nati.cba
G
dreamerktm411
flyersfan35
34 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! - Page 4 Empty Re: If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by treble21 Mon May 24, 2010 4:13 am

I saw in another thread that apparently Brennan has worn that necklace before in The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken.... I haven't checked myself yet though.....
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! - Page 4 Empty Re: If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by G Mon May 24, 2010 5:08 am

cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce hug
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 am

I liked it.

I rewatched (again) today ... I love the line when they're sitting on the bench and Booth tells her the pyramids are better with change than she is ... and she has a hurt look on her face so he adds "I was being affectionate." Aww[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Hadn't heard anyone else mention that (though I could've overlooked it) and I thought it was a really sweet moment for them.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Mon May 24, 2010 9:43 am

i do remember that scene! it was cute! i wish i could watch it again. i really just have been putting it off. it really made me depressed and upset the first time around and I guess i'm just afraid i'll feel that way again! i keep thinking if i can just watch it again I may really enjoy it! but...I keep putting it off.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Mon May 24, 2010 12:41 pm

I actually didn't get to see the finale' until Saturday morning... (which was very unusual in and of itself!) But I had heard many of the comments about it before watching it... (I'm beginning to question whether I want to be "spoiled" in the future... not sure. On the one hand, I love to hear any and everything about Bones... on the other I sometimes wonder if I didn't enjoy the show MORE when I wasn't getting all the spoiler stuff before hand... and if maybe I shouldn't just read the show discussion stuff and stay out of the "spoiler thread"... *sigh* I'll have to give it some thought before next season.)

This finale' was a perfect example, I was all set for major disappointment based on the reactions,... but when I got to watch it I actually liked the finale! It wasn't as BIG BIG BIG as I was expecting, sure... but I thought it was very well done and did have some very good developments and conversations for B/B. I hope that when the next season arrives they can use this to help move B/B forward (first choice!) or at the very least (second choice) recapture the chemistry for them. I really hope the writers use this whole story line Post-100th to keep the momentum moving forward now for B/B. (To recapture the "looks" and the "hidden meanings" while moving closer etc.)

I don't think this much of the "angsty" stuff is good for the show in the long haul if they were to NOT move along with it. (You know what I mean? I am really missing the fun and flirty dynamic with the 'hot looks' peppered in! [Only admins are allowed to see this image] ... the end of the season's been awkward and tense, and I know it's supposed to be that way, and if we have to "go through it" to come out on the other side... so be it!... But if they didn't use all this 'angst'... and it did NOT lead to something more promising it would get very hard to watch over the long haul. It changes the whole dynamic of the show into something darker/ somber/ serious and slightly soapy. The thing I love about Bones is that it can make us feel so many things at one time, and the last part of the season (while I think there have been some good episodes) has been very "HEAVY on the HEAVY." I think the emotional scenes/episodes have the big impact they do because they are interlaced with humor and lighter moments... we're missing that lately I think...

I don't mean to go "on and on"... I'm not expressing myself well tonight! And especially since this is a thread about liking the finale! LOL I don't mean to be a downer... just that I really worry about them recapturing the chemistry, and I'm at the point I think the only way they can make B/B seem natural with each other (in any way that includes flirting or deeper feelings) is to move them along the path. I don't see the chemistry working "as is"... and if they actually moved backward then any flirting would seem artificial at that point.

Regarding the finale', I think the scene between B/B at the airport was perfect. I would have loved to see a private goodbye between them, and I felt the episode was too rushed in general... but as far as the talk and hand holding b/n them... perfection! The way Booth and Brennan moved slightly in towards one another... THEN he took her hand.... it was so obvious they started to move in for a kiss then they "remembered themselves"... and the hand holding was very intense... Loved that part. Were some good lines for Hodgins in there too that were easy to miss... I have to rewatch it. I liked Sweets with Hodgins too.... and I LOVED when Sweets snapped a line back to Booth about whether 'he'd be okay if Brennan left' after Booth kinda 'dissed' Daisy... Good progression for Sweets... and it made me go "OUCH" for Booth... (But Sweets deserved to get one in there for that! LOL)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Mon May 24, 2010 12:45 pm

I am also very excited to hear about the St. C medal... seems like it should be a huge deal for Brennan to wear a religious medal that Booth is "known for" on the show... but don't know. It could just never be mentioned again... or could be something referred to later... I think Brennan actually saying the words OUT LOUD that she needs time to think about what her partnership with Booth means is one of the HUGEST (okay, I know it's not a word but it seemed appropriate! LOL) things in this episode! :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Mon May 24, 2010 6:29 pm

treble21 wrote:I saw in another thread that apparently Brennan has worn that necklace before in The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken.... I haven't checked myself yet though.....
I've looked and it does appear to be the same necklace. Just don't get as good a look at it in TMitTC. Definitely looks the same though.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon May 24, 2010 9:55 pm

tinkrella wrote:i do remember that scene! it was cute! i wish i could watch it again. i really just have been putting it off. it really made me depressed and upset the first time around and I guess i'm just afraid i'll feel that way again! i keep thinking if i can just watch it again I may really enjoy it! but...I keep putting it off.

It's better the second time around, I was apathetic about the episode until I watched again. Now I like it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Mon May 24, 2010 10:33 pm

How sad does Brennan look!!! Crying or Very sad
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Mon May 24, 2010 10:39 pm

This look gets me Sad

future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Mon May 24, 2010 10:49 pm

future_anthro wrote:This look gets me Sad

Aww! Sad
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Tue May 25, 2010 1:30 am

I have made my final decisions on the Bones season 5 finale with a little help from watching the Lost series finale last night. Both shows I just love, and bear with me if you're not a Lostie.
I loved Lost because it made me ask so many questions and try to theorize about so many issues in life. But last night in the finale which I loved and cried all the way through, it made me think, I really love this show for the characters. I have seen a lot of people dog the show last night because it didn't answer all there theoretical questions.
That made me think about all of you that loved the season ender for Bones and all of us that didn't. People were stuck on what didn't get answered instead of what did. Those people didn't get the characters, they just got the subplot that moved the characters along.

I read the Lost blogs thinking to myself, don't question about all of the details, take the explanantion given and be happy that the characters I loved for 6 years are all happy, dead, but all happy. They found their redemption and happiness in life.

So, I have made my decision about Bones. I'm not gonna concern myself with the little details anymore. The clock, the necklace, the tower of wings, whether the love making scene in S4 ended is true and will pop up again. I'm not gonna play the game of "Clue" anymore.

I'm gonna sit back and hopefully enjoy the ride where it takes me. Good or not so good. Someday soon I will be sitting on my couch enjoying Seeley Booth and Temperance Brennan looking gazingly into each other's eyes and telling each other that they love each other, kiss passionately, just like Jack and Kate did last night. I will hope to get that before Bones series finale, but whatever comes, then it shall.
I can't be the investigator any longer, now I must just become the observer.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFriend Tue May 25, 2010 1:52 am

I think the tendency to over-analyze (over-speculate) the show and then to be upset with the actual show is partly to blame for the dissatisfaction with the finale.

You make a very good point about the show via Lost. I hope there's a real payoff in the end on Bones. I have faith that it is coming.

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue May 25, 2010 2:07 am

katharine wrote:I have made my final decisions on the Bones season 5 finale with a little help from watching the Lost series finale last night. Both shows I just love, and bear with me if you're not a Lostie.
I loved Lost because it made me ask so many questions and try to theorize about so many issues in life. But last night in the finale which I loved and cried all the way through, it made me think, I really love this show for the characters. I have seen a lot of people dog the show last night because it didn't answer all there theoretical questions.
That made me think about all of you that loved the season ender for Bones and all of us that didn't. People were stuck on what didn't get answered instead of what did. Those people didn't get the characters, they just got the subplot that moved the characters along.

I read the Lost blogs thinking to myself, don't question about all of the details, take the explanantion given and be happy that the characters I loved for 6 years are all happy, dead, but all happy. They found their redemption and happiness in life.

So, I have made my decision about Bones. I'm not gonna concern myself with the little details anymore. The clock, the necklace, the tower of wings, whether the love making scene in S4 ended is true and will pop up again. I'm not gonna play the game of "Clue" anymore.

I'm gonna sit back and hopefully enjoy the ride where it takes me. Good or not so good. Someday soon I will be sitting on my couch enjoying Seeley Booth and Temperance Brennan looking gazingly into each other's eyes and telling each other that they love each other, kiss passionately, just like Jack and Kate did last night. I will hope to get that before Bones series finale, but whatever comes, then it shall.
I can't be the investigator any longer, now I must just become the observer.

Maybe a little OT but So Much Love for your LOST commentary. *hugs you and your comment* And yes, Kate and Jack last night were epic. But then, so were they all. *weeps*

Back to topic: Uhm... we've all been so focused on BB and that's all well and good, but uh, you know what kind of broke my heart about the finale? Sweets and Cam. With the Hodgins-Montenegro's out of town, Cam is gonna be all alone in the circu-erm Jeffersonian Institute, back to the dullness of run-of-the mill snotty Ph.Ds and ancient remains *hugs Cam* And yet, how awesome that after all that's happened, even though she's got a tough year ahead of her, she's got an actual life to fall back on. Good for Cam!

Sweets, well, no comment. *sadness* Maybe Baby Duck will grow up as well during this one-year hiatus...

So yeah, still liked it. Still excited about the next season. But in a way, more excited about the supporting players than about BB. Which I kinda love, really. They get shortshafted a lot, and they are such great characters.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gea Tue May 25, 2010 2:34 am

Exactly... many people are so focused on B&B getting together that they don't catch the amazing moments that they are giving us... the way they look at each other, the hands... all of that can transmite more than just the standard goodbye kiss...
I love B&B and I was a bit dissapointed after I see the end of the finale but now I like it so much! Just... enjoy! That's why we see the series, isn't it?
Gea
Gea
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 57
Say What You Want : Well... I'm from Spain so English is not my native language so sorry if I make mistake writing!
And... I REALLY LOVE BONES!!!
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Tue May 25, 2010 5:24 am

Maybe you'll all think I'm totally crazy and just jumping to conclusions but... what if...

The night before Brennan leaves they had their private goodbye? And it's that when Booth gives her the St Christopher' MEdal? And after that they sleep together (S4 finale scene)?????

Ahisssssssss I'd love that!

Very Happy
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Tue May 25, 2010 6:34 am

future_anthro wrote:
treble21 wrote:I saw in another thread that apparently Brennan has worn that necklace before in The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken.... I haven't checked myself yet though.....
I've looked and it does appear to be the same necklace. Just don't get as good a look at it in TMitTC. Definitely looks the same though.

Stephan Nathan tweeted today that him, Hart and Ian were doing commentary for the finale today (for the season 5 DVDs) and hinted "wonder what we'll say." I hope he was teasing that they might mention the medal. Since it's been a big discussion on twitter. Kinda makes me think we have a chance, since that discussion/question should be on their mind today. Of course, that won't be released until September. We might have the answer via some other source by then.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue May 25, 2010 9:24 am

bailey wrote:
future_anthro wrote:

Stephan Nathan tweeted today that him, Hart and Ian were doing commentary for the finale today (for the season 5 DVDs) and hinted "wonder what we'll say." I hope he was teasing that they might mention the medal. Since it's been a big discussion on twitter. Kinda makes me think we have a chance, since that discussion/question should be on their mind today. Of course, that won't be released until September. We might have the answer via some other source by then.

I think if what people who have rewatched tTMitTC are saying is true, that the necklace has no meaning, although I defintely think there is an indication that they had said goodbyes offscreen before Booth went away ( the fact that no one expected Booth to be there, and that they had already made the plan to meet up at the reflecting pool when they get back are very clear indications IMO)....... Which kinda makes me want to read some great fanfic about that idea .......
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue May 25, 2010 9:29 am

LOL... yeah, I kinda think the necklace won't get mentioned again... or if it does it'll be a long time from now in some off hand way.

I'm on the bandwagon with those who think Booth had said goodbyes already too. Everyone was surprised to see him. Plus in an interview or commentary a couple years back HH mentions how they deliberately throw things in the show to let the viewer know/feel that things are going on behind the scenes, to build the sense of these group of people sharing their lives etc. (Not mentioned in reference to this episode, just the show in general.)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Tue May 25, 2010 9:37 am

AmandaFriend wrote:I think the tendency to over-analyze (over-speculate) the show and then to be upset with the actual show is partly to blame for the dissatisfaction with the finale.
Definitely!
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue May 25, 2010 9:44 am

future_anthro wrote:
AmandaFriend wrote:I think the tendency to over-analyze (over-speculate) the show and then to be upset with the actual show is partly to blame for the dissatisfaction with the finale.
Definitely!

I so totally agree, and am also guilty of it, LOL
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Tue May 25, 2010 9:46 am

treble21 wrote:
future_anthro wrote:
Definitely!

I so totally agree, and am also guilty of it, LOL
We are all human lol.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Tue May 25, 2010 4:46 pm

This twet from HH is somehow reassuring.
Fan: Everyone keeps saying that once B&B get together the series will be over. But why does it have to be like that???

Hart: I've never believed that to be true. Our pace has nothing to do with all that hooey. We're telling our story the best way we can.
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by ddc Wed May 26, 2010 12:05 am

treble21 wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
treble21 wrote:Just a thought, how do we know that Bones-world was perfectly synched up with our time to begin with? the one year time jump is not going to bother me at all in terms of believability.
Haha treble, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, if it was, wouldn't Booth be at the hockey playoffs this year? lmao! No, seriously...I can't think of a specific incident that they talked about that would show they were in 'real time'. Though quite honestly, I'm pretty distracted right now, so I could definitely be missing something...

the only thing that really indicates a time passage of some sort is that parker gets older every year. it doesn't really indicate what year it's taking place in though, I think it's ambiguous on purpose so that reruns don't feel dated.

Maybe they were a year behind actual time until now. It doesn't line up with some of the early seasons (Bones born in 1976; 15 when her parents left 15 years ago). But then she & Max talk about best Christmas in 15 years a year later. Then there was the Class of 1994 reunion being 16 years instead of 15; if it was supposed to be in 2009 that would fit.

I do wonder about Parker next season, kids change so much from year to year. He's supposed to be 8/9 now (I take Booth's assumption about what a 10 year old boy would do from what Parker would do as generally about boys in that age range, not specifically 10 year olds). Maybe the kid who plays him is a year older than the character?

ddc

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Wed May 26, 2010 1:34 am

I think actual time and TV time never meet!!! But as far as specific dates, we know that Brennan and Emily were both born in 1976. We know that Booth is 5 years older than Brennan but David is actually much older than Emily as he just turned 41 and she will be 34 in Oct. We know that Brennan's parents left right before Christmas when she was 15 and Russ was 19, yet in The Woman in Limbo, when Brennan is questioning him about their real names, she states that she was 2 and he was 7. That equals 5 yrs. We know that Parker was 4yrs old when he was first introduced in The Man in the Fallout Shelter. We know that Zach was supposed to be Brennan's grad student, but in real life he is actually older than Emily.
That's all I can think of?!?!?

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next