Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you liked the finale, click here!

+30
gordongordonfan
bailey
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Bella Loony
AmandaFriend
jro54
sanasus
A2BOREANAZ
tinkrella
booksandbones
i_heart_bones
future_anthro
SJB
BBShipper
katharine
Brain&Heart
howie
crzy4bones
Nightowl
bones_fanatic19
heirofloki
treble21
jsgemini
CanadianBones
ToZiKa
simonmad
nati.cba
G
dreamerktm411
flyersfan35
34 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! - Page 5 Empty Re: If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by tinkrella Wed May 26, 2010 7:41 am

Brennan also says in an episode that her and booth are five years apart. (i think she says five year) it's the one where sweets has that girlfriend who loves fish!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! - Page 5 Empty Re: If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by treble21 Wed May 26, 2010 9:24 am

bonesfan158 wrote:I think actual time and TV time never meet!!! But as far as specific dates, we know that Brennan and Emily were both born in 1976. We know that Booth is 5 years older than Brennan but David is actually much older than Emily as he just turned 41 and she will be 34 in Oct. We know that Brennan's parents left right before Christmas when she was 15 and Russ was 19, yet in The Woman in Limbo, when Brennan is questioning him about their real names, she states that she was 2 and he was 7. That equals 5 yrs. We know that Parker was 4yrs old when he was first introduced in The Man in the Fallout Shelter. We know that Zach was supposed to be Brennan's grad student, but in real life he is actually older than Emily.
That's all I can think of?!?!?

This is actually possible depending on when their birthdays are, my brother is currently 2 years older than me (I'm 30 he's 32) but in September when I have my birthday he'll be 32 and I'll be 31 . So if Russ's birthday is earlier in the year and Brennan's is later it is possible that those were their ages at both points in canon. Booth has mentioned varying ages for Parker throughout the seasons, but he seems to age once a year (started out as 4 and I think the last age mentioned was 8?) , so that does indicate the passage of about a year per season.

But I think the timing of the actual series (ie. what year it is now in canon) is kept vague on purpose so that they aren't tied into any specific storylines.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi31 Wed May 26, 2010 10:09 am

I actually liked the season finale. I thought the whole thing was great. I can take them jumping ahead a year, but what turns me off a show is when they jump 5 or 10 years ahead like the way Desperate Housewives did. I was a fan of that show until then, it confused the hell out of me. I thought the whole season was great. I just hope in season 6 we get to see Bones and Booth at the very least admit to being in love with each other but still have difficulty getting together and navigating around the bones, squints and counseling.

sammi31
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 171
Say What You Want : BONES RULES
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:21 am

I want to go back to the case for a second. I have no idea if it was being discussed anywhere else, but, the case sucked. I know some agree, but did the case suck intentionally to help them decide to go? If it had been an exciting guns drawn, catch a serial killer case, they may have reconsidered. There is more understory to the writers of this show than I think we give credit.
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:59 am

G-Woman wrote:I want to go back to the case for a second. I have no idea if it was being discussed anywhere else, but, the case sucked. I know some agree, but did the case suck intentionally to help them decide to go? If it had been an exciting guns drawn, catch a serial killer case, they may have reconsidered. There is more understory to the writers of this show than I think we give credit.

I was thinking that sort of too. Like, if it had been some intense case they may have changed their minds or something.

I just re-watched the pilot yesterday. I really do love that they did a throw back to the air port in the finale scene. It really is very symbolic. It's the same air port...almost the exact same shot of when we first met angela and brennan after she returned from guatamala.

I would like to discuss the case if we could. It's clear that in some way it was supposed to reflect on them. Especially since sweets says "booth is a level one hoarder." Does he think that he will turn into (emotionally) what the victem on the case does? Does he think he will just hoard and hoard and never be able to let go and eventually it will destroy him? The victem in the case ended up dying because of his hoarding.

The scene last interogation scene where the woman tells BB that she tried to help him. She just wanted him to get out and feel the air on his face really affected them. You can tell in the scene that BB take that to heart. Do they both (in their own ways) think that unless they go out and "feel the air" (metaphorically) they will be consumed by this thing between them?

I think there is a lot more to this episode than it seems on the surface. I'm kind of bummed people are too busy hating on it to analyze it because I really am intrigued by some parts of it.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 am

tinkrella wrote:
G-Woman wrote:I want to go back to the case for a second. I have no idea if it was being discussed anywhere else, but, the case sucked. I know some agree, but did the case suck intentionally to help them decide to go? If it had been an exciting guns drawn, catch a serial killer case, they may have reconsidered. There is more understory to the writers of this show than I think we give credit.

I was thinking that sort of too. Like, if it had been some intense case they may have changed their minds or something.

I just re-watched the pilot yesterday. I really do love that they did a throw back to the air port in the finale scene. It really is very symbolic. It's the same air port...almost the exact same shot of when we first met angela and brennan after she returned from guatamala.

I would like to discuss the case if we could. It's clear that in some way it was supposed to reflect on them. Especially since sweets says "booth is a level one hoarder." Does he think that he will turn into (emotionally) what the victem on the case does? Does he think he will just hoard and hoard and never be able to let go and eventually it will destroy him? The victem in the case ended up dying because of his hoarding.

The scene last interogation scene where the woman tells BB that she tried to help him. She just wanted him to get out and feel the air on his face really affected them. You can tell in the scene that BB take that to heart. Do they both (in their own ways) think that unless they go out and "feel the air" (metaphorically) they will be consumed by this thing between them?

I think there is a lot more to this episode than it seems on the surface. I'm kind of bummed people are too busy hating on it to analyze it because I really am intrigued by some parts of it.
There has to be some pschology to the case right? Booth being a hoarder, not being able to let things go, it will destroy him, or lead him to unhappiness. You're on to something here. 2Tup
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:41 am

tinkrella wrote:

I think you are on to something. Maybe B&B are going to (emotionally) end up like the victim if they don't go out and "feel the air." I think going their separate ways could be a good thing and a chance for them to "feel the air". Ever since the the 100th, their relationship has been tense and strained, so maybe the separation can help them get back to just being partners or moving forward to a romantic relationship.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm

jro54 wrote:
tinkrella wrote:

I think you are on to something. Maybe B&B are going to (emotionally) end up like the victim if they don't go out and "feel the air." I think going their separate ways could be a good thing and a chance for them to "feel the air". Ever since the the 100th, their relationship has been tense and strained, so maybe the separation can help them get back to just being partners or moving forward to a romantic relationship.

That's what I was thinking. Metaphorically, they both need to break away from their "hoarding ways" and neither of them are strong enough to do it alone...so they sort of push each other into doing it like the victim's girlfriend had to push him. Booth would not have gone had brennan decided against going....and vice versa. I think the outcome of the case...the girlfriend telling them she did all she could and the fact that the man still died because of his own hoarding really hit home for them.

Let's be honest. Aside from all our romantic fantasies....there really was no other plausible way to end this season. We knew they weren't going to just suddenly be together. The only other option was to break a part. The 8 episodes since the 100th have been painful (on a BB level) to watch. I personally think it was done on purpose to show that they HAD to go in order to fix it. Call it optimism, call it searching for a silver lining that may never show up. Whatever. But, Hart and Co. aren't stupid. They wouldn't do this if there wasn't a plan for next season. No spoilers, but they already said they have six episodes written.

I still say people need to go back and re-watch this season and give it an un-bais chance. Re-watching season four did that for me. I was able to get perspective on it. It's so much better when you aren't freaking out over every single episode. When you look and see the bigger picture, this season was actually very well done.

Am I 100 percent happy with the way it ended? No. But, we were supposed to be? Do we honestly think Hart wrote this episode thinking "gee...the fans are going to love this?" Doubtful. He knew we would have issues with it because people don't usually respond positively to change.

I personally am along for this ride. For me, it's still a good show with solid writing and an amazing cast. I'd watch david/emily read the phone book as long as they did it together.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5