Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Bones Finale end like the Castle Finale

+8
crzy4bones
Groovycathers
Murphs93
jro54
aardvark508
future_anthro
sarabrowncolorado
recoveringbonesaddict
12 posters

Go down

Will Bones Finale end like the Castle Finale Empty Will Bones Finale end like the Castle Finale

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Tue May 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Did anyone catch Castle's season finale... Wow. Kate had her heart crush just when she was ready to admit her feelings for Castle. Can this happen to Bones on the finale?

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Will Bones Finale end like the Castle Finale Empty Re: Will Bones Finale end like the Castle Finale

Post by sarabrowncolorado Tue May 18, 2010 11:56 pm

Oh sure it could. I saw this episode last night and all the way to the end I was thinking....Good for you Castle! Way to go there right away and not leave us stringing along!.....and then...Nope. Not gonna happen.

Though I'm not totally convinced she was going to admit that she loved him....I think she was going to tell him that she really enjoyed their time together and was sad that he was leaving and that he meant a lot to her....but guess we'll never know. Oh well....that's what next season is for I suppose Smile

As for Bones....man, who knows? I would love to see them together. I would love to see Brennan get her head out of her YOU KNOW WHERE and fess up to something....but I've learned not to expect too much from TV Smile
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 179
Say What You Want : Oy.
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Will Bones Finale end like the Castle Finale Empty Re: Will Bones Finale end like the Castle Finale

Post by future_anthro Wed May 19, 2010 12:08 am

I have a feeling that Bones, like Castle, will probably get a "Oh come on!" kinda of reaction from me Sad

Poor Kate. I have to say though.. with Castle, he should have noticed her reaction and that she was a little different. He can be a moron sometimes but he's not an idiot.

As for Bones, it could happen, but i doubt it will. If Bones was to admit her feelings to Booth in the finale, i don't think there is much standing in the way. He obviously doesn't want to leave her, and i think he'd drop Katherine on her ass for Bones (or maybe that's wishful thinking...).
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Wed May 19, 2010 12:27 am

I absolutely agree with you that if Brennan admitted her feelings to Booth, he would drop Katherine faster than we could wish for him to drop Katherine, but I don't think it would really be another woman that would keep the two of them apart. It would have to be something much bigger than that.....like the Army Smile I don't know if that's really going to happen, but you get what I mean.

I'm sure that I'm going to be frustrated. I mean, how could I not be? Anyone read any good fanfics dealing with the "end"?

And as for Castle....I agree 100% I don't buy that he didn't notice that, ESPECIALLY since he was looking lovey at her the whole episode. NO WAY does he not pick up on that and mention it....and then he tells her good-bye in front of that other lady? Sure. Anyway, that's another show, another blog Smile

But I can see Brennan realizing, at least to herself, that she has feelings for Booth.
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed May 19, 2010 12:38 am

I can't wait to see what happens when Castle finds out about her breaking up with Demming. Anywho..

Unless the Army was forcing Booth and he had literally absolutely no say in the matter.. even that wouldn't stop him i don't think.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Wed May 19, 2010 12:42 am

Yeah, I suppose you're right about that. But maybe, MAYBE Booth is in the "head space" where he thinks he needs to do for himself and distance himself from Brennan????

I don't really think so, but maybe....
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed May 19, 2010 12:55 am

I think it would be a major turn around on his part as things sit right now. I mean, anything could happen and his opinion might change and go that way but looking at it right now, going into the finale, i don't think he is. Total opposite in fact.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Wed May 19, 2010 12:57 am

Yeah....poor guy. These last few episodes have just been so sad watching him reach for her and having her step out of his way...metaphorically.

I hope the finale brings him a little peace Smile One way or another.
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by aardvark508 Wed May 19, 2010 12:58 am

Are there no writers on this planet capable of creating an entertaining story out of two interesting people coming together that is both entertaining and meaningful? Are audiences really so addicted to contrived angst and implausable teases that they will not watch anything else? I suppose Castle can use the defense that they are entitled to at least one trip around this barn since Bones has been around it several times. Bones missed its moment for the last time for me in the 100th episode. Maybe Castle can recover since it has not yet totally taught me that anything positive is a fake out and deception ploy but they are closing in on that moment very fast. I wonder how much of Castle's blow out ratings for the last episode were driven be hints the ending would be other than what it proved to be?

aardvark508

Number of posts : 22
Say What You Want : things are never what they seem
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Wed May 19, 2010 1:02 am

I agree! (I've been saying that a lot here). I mean, it's not as if the drama/comedy in real life ends once you "get together". To be honest my husband and I have had much more of it since we've gotten together than before. But maybe writers think people want to live in the "Fantasy land" part of it to where everything is unknown? I don't know (I've been saying that a lot too!). But I think there are plenty of great storylines for B/B once they get together...are you kidding? I think watching them trying to navigate what a relationship between them looks like would be hilarious. But, that's just me.
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed May 19, 2010 2:48 am

I don't think Bones' finale will be like Castle's. I could see Brennan admitting her feelings to Booth and he 'rejects' her because he has to go to the army or he's too afraid to put his heart out on the line again, but I don't think another woman would keep them apart, more like something huge, like the army. But these are two completely different shows.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Wed May 19, 2010 4:23 am

sarabrowncolorado wrote:Yeah, I suppose you're right about that. But maybe, MAYBE Booth is in the "head space" where he thinks he needs to do for himself and distance himself from Brennan????

Yeah I thought that too but then I remembered Parker, and Booth ain't the type of guy to leave his son and go somewhere dangerous like Afghanistan unless he was forced to. Which they can't do right?

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Wed May 19, 2010 4:27 am

Murphs93 wrote:
sarabrowncolorado wrote:Yeah, I suppose you're right about that. But maybe, MAYBE Booth is in the "head space" where he thinks he needs to do for himself and distance himself from Brennan????

Yeah I thought that too but then I remembered Parker, and Booth ain't the type of guy to leave his son and go somewhere dangerous like Afghanistan unless he was forced to. Which they can't do right?

Yeah...I don't know. But I have to tell you, I love the story you have on here about your mother and the 100th episode. Cracks me up every time I see it!
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Groovycathers Wed May 19, 2010 7:37 am

sarabrowncolorado wrote:I agree! (I've been saying that a lot here). I mean, it's not as if the drama/comedy in real life ends once you "get together". To be honest my husband and I have had much more of it since we've gotten together than before. But maybe writers think people want to live in the "Fantasy land" part of it to where everything is unknown? I don't know (I've been saying that a lot too!). But I think there are plenty of great storylines for B/B once they get together...are you kidding? I think watching them trying to navigate what a relationship between them looks like would be hilarious. But, that's just me.

Please don't get me started on this. If I was any more of a "BB together shipper" I'd probably be camping outside HH's house protesting! I couldn't agree with you more Smile

"We don't compare ourselves to Moonlighting" my arse. Even though Moonlighting jumped because Cybill Shepherd got knocked up again and the writers totally ran out of ideas... Same old weak excuse from HH and co, each time using a slightly different tack...

Groovycathers
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 am

Yeah. I think we could generate a list of amusing storylines for a "couple" B/B
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Fri May 21, 2010 2:19 am

I just now seen the Castle SF...oh....oh Castle...oh Beckett...ARGH! Young love....LOL!

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri May 21, 2010 2:27 am

I thought the conclusion of Castle was lame. No energy going down at all just a teary look from Beckett. No way HH is going to finale Bones with an episode that weak.

Give us happy shippers or infuriated shippers but HH at least gives us strong finales. I don't think tonight is going to be any different. And as DB has hinted at good B&B things for season 6 as has ED, and as HH said he and ED discussed bringing B&B together during that season, I'm hoping that TBotE means that HH has launched the moves that will finally bring B&B safely to a mutual harbor -- metaphorically speaking.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sarabrowncolorado Fri May 21, 2010 2:50 am

I think it will certainly be the moves that launch them....but I'm guessing they are sad moves. Not sure there's another way around it.
sarabrowncolorado
sarabrowncolorado
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Fri May 21, 2010 3:06 am

against my better judgement of getting hooked on another tv couple I bought the first season for a bargain while I was downtown. I'm almost halfway through S2 I have to say it's interesting, they have a chemistry but NO where near that of the same quality as B/B.

When I saw an epi from S1 it actually reminded me of Bones as soon as I heard the song ''No Envy No Fear''
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Groovycathers Fri May 21, 2010 6:19 am

Beliskner wrote:against my better judgement of getting hooked on another tv couple I bought the first season for a bargain while I was downtown. I'm almost halfway through S2 I have to say it's interesting, they have a chemistry but NO where near that of the same quality as B/B.

When I saw an epi from S1 it actually reminded me of Bones as soon as I heard the song ''No Envy No Fear''

I'm glad you said that - I was comtemplating starting to watching it but if it's not on the BB level than I can probably just pick up what's going on by osmosis from any Bones fans commenting on it!

Groovycathers
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Fri May 21, 2010 6:25 am

we can count ourselfs lucky that Bones has been blessed by 2 actors who have an amazing chemistry
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Fri May 21, 2010 6:53 am

Beliskner wrote:we can count ourselfs lucky that Bones has been blessed by 2 actors who have an amazing chemistry

I like Castle ... but I gotta say I just can't get that invested in it because the lead actor isn't hot enough. That probably says a lot of really bad (and shallow) things about myself, doesn't it? Neutral

In any case, I thought the finale sucked. It didn't leave me sad and/or wondering what'll happen next season, just kinda left me more confused . I just hope I'm not disappointed after Bones tonight. Between Castle and SVU so far, I'm gettin' worried.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Fri May 21, 2010 7:17 am

I like Nathan Fillion. I just wish they writers would toughen up the character of Castle a little. He'll never be Booth but he acts so helpless some of the time that I find it exasperating.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sera Fri May 21, 2010 8:27 am

I admit I loved the Castle finale. It's nowhere near as melodramatic as Bones, and they handle the sweeter scenes in a much more real way then Bones has been doing lately. I have to say Castle is rising in my books Very Happy But they're only at Season 2, so they still have time to disappoint further along Wink
sera
sera
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down