Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you liked the finale, click here!

+30
gordongordonfan
bailey
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Bella Loony
AmandaFriend
jro54
sanasus
A2BOREANAZ
tinkrella
booksandbones
i_heart_bones
future_anthro
SJB
BBShipper
katharine
Brain&Heart
howie
crzy4bones
Nightowl
bones_fanatic19
heirofloki
treble21
jsgemini
CanadianBones
ToZiKa
simonmad
nati.cba
G
dreamerktm411
flyersfan35
34 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! Empty If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 4:49 am

Okay, just for you, G!
Now we can discuss till our hearts' content! lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! Empty Re: If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 4:56 am

Oh, and I will post my thoughts when I get home, rather than on lunch or break, but suffice it to say, other than the Daisy/Sweets thing, I quite enjoyed it!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! Empty Re: If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by dreamerktm411 Sat May 22, 2010 5:12 am

Me, me!
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat May 22, 2010 5:15 am

Awesome!!! I'll be back later to talk about that look Booth gave her at the end!!
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sat May 22, 2010 6:14 am

I liked it but made me very sad. I wasn't hoping for them to get together, leave together, or hook up. But would have preferred a hug at the end. Not even a kiss, but a hug and a promise of Brennan of thinking about them, I know she will because she told Angela, but Booth doesn't know about that. Also the case was quite weak, and in general, everybody looked sad and depressed. Anyway, I quite liked it and was emotional, but didn't leave me dancing in my underwear or anything like that. Actually, I quite enjoyed last year's finale much more... anyway, I'm more for the "liked it" than "hate it", so I'll love to discuss the episode with you guys.
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by simonmad Sat May 22, 2010 6:18 am

I just clicked and here I am, very pleased after re-re-re-watching the finale scene of the finale Laughing !
simonmad
simonmad
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Say What You Want :
Understanding,
Compassion,
Kindness and Love
are the only true revolutionary ideas.
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat May 22, 2010 6:25 am

I really liked it.
It wasn't one of the best episodes of the show or even the season, but it was solid and imo it opens up a whole new area of opportunities for the 6th season. All the things that could happen (could have happened if there is a 1 year time jump) to them while they are/were away, all the fears and feelings that might come to the forefront of their minds when they are not close to each other.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

haha well so far there is 7 of us Wink

I liked it. Was I wishing that maybe some things were different? yes, but I'm certainly happy overall with it (I think Cam fooled us all a little with her 'oh my' Wink ). I do not believe HH is pulling them apart. I just look at it as this is all part of B&B's adventure in getting together. HH said big changes were coming, and he delivered for sure. I watch Bones for the science and all the character storylines. I want B&B to get together when THEY are ready and not forced to, it would just loose its romance I think that way.

Like another poster mentioned in the show discussion thread, it's just a matter of when that happens. Cam and Brennan's scene at the end was so touching, I love Cam moments like that. She's a softie with awesome one liners. Ange and Hodgins were sweet, I love their romance. I'm a little sad/confused about Daisy and Sweets...did they break up? Daisy and Dr. B are kinda in the same position with the men in their lives...wonder what will happen. Ha, it would be pretty funny to see a scene of Daisy and Brennan working together..Brennan's frustration of working with her for a year!!!

Overall season 5 kicked some major ass, with great episodes - both science (I felt it was a bit more balanced this year than last) and character development. They do such a good job putting Bones together!
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jsgemini Sat May 22, 2010 7:23 am

I come to add myself to your "liked it" clan. LOL cheers I admit when I first watched this I freaked out and wasn't sure how I felt. It was between anger, hurt, and a "I knew this would happen" realization. But I watched it again and I actually did like it. The Sweets/Daisy thing was a little odd but their relationship see-saws B&B. Now that S&D are apart it opens the door for B&B. The ending, after I rewatched it, made complete sense. I originally wanted to see a hug, kiss, something, but it was obvious by their eyes and their tightly clasped hands that even though they both wanted to hug or kiss they couldn't, because they knew they would have to seperate afterwards and that was unacceptable. B&B know it's not a "guy hug" at least it wouldn't be anymore. This whole episode has shown how Brennan is realizing her feelings for Booth and that things are changing, including herself. She honors Booth for those changes (Booth says...Booth taught me...etc) and knows he is good for her, but she is losing her true self in the murder investigations and so is Booth. Both are returning to their roots, what makes them who they are, in order to move forward. They are returning to the beginning of themselves (thus the beginning in the end). I truly want to believe that season 6 will be the payoff for season 4 & 5.
jsgemini
jsgemini
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 22, 2010 7:27 am

liked it!
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat May 22, 2010 7:32 am

Yep, still liked it!

Also, everything that Toz said (I'll come back with more, too. I'm just still trying to get myself out of my Fringe-induced fugue).

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 22, 2010 11:04 am

jsgemini wrote:I originally wanted to see a hug, kiss, something, but it was obvious by their eyes and their tightly clasped hands that even though they both wanted to hug or kiss they couldn't, because they knew they would have to seperate afterwards and that was unacceptable. B&B know it's not a "guy hug" at least it wouldn't be anymore.

ohhhhh I like this!
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat May 22, 2010 11:40 am

I really liked the finale, and after taking time to think about it the end scene wasn't that bad, although maybe a hug wasn't too much to ask for, but I still liked the acknowkedgment of them meeting up when they return. It was better than leaving us on a horrible cliffhanger Smile
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat May 22, 2010 11:50 am

bones_fanatic19 wrote:I really liked the finale, and after taking time to think about it the end scene wasn't that bad, although maybe a hug wasn't too much to ask for, but I still liked the acknowkedgment of them meeting up when they return. It was better than leaving us on a horrible cliffhanger Smile

this is my only complaint about the finale, it felt like there should be a goodbye hug ( I have seen some reasonings as to why they didn't, in other threads that make sense and I kinda like them, but still it felt like there was something missing)

and I mean this is a completely postitive and constructive way.... I don't want anyone to construe this as an opening to rant in this thread......
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 11:53 am

treble21 wrote:
bones_fanatic19 wrote:I really liked the finale, and after taking time to think about it the end scene wasn't that bad, although maybe a hug wasn't too much to ask for, but I still liked the acknowkedgment of them meeting up when they return. It was better than leaving us on a horrible cliffhanger Smile

this is my only complaint about the finale, it felt like there should be a goodbye hug ( I have seen some reasonings as to why they didn't, in other threads that make sense and I kinda like them, but still it felt like there was something missing)

and I mean this is a completely postitive and constructive way.... I don't want anyone to construe this as an opening to rant in this thread......
No worries, treble...we know what you mean!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat May 22, 2010 11:54 am

treble21 wrote:

Yeah I have seen some reasonings in other threads which have sort of made it a little easier, but I am not going to let this one thing cloud the fact that I liked the way they did this episode, even if it's not one of my favourites
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Sat May 22, 2010 12:00 pm

I like it too! It seemed to me not to be an ending, but a new beginning. Well, in one year it will be a new beginning...
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Sat May 22, 2010 12:05 pm

I liked it...even though I would have preferred a hug or kiss, after watching it a few times I can totally buy the hand holding....and the looks.

Other than wanting to shoot Daisy, I liked it. And I am falling more and more for Sweets...

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm

hence, 'the beginning in the end' i guess. beginning of the new chapter for all the Bones team.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 pm

CanadianBones wrote:hence, 'the beginning in the end' i guess. beginning of the new chapter for all the Bones team.
See how it's all falling into place there... love it! I can't wait for the new season.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by howie Sat May 22, 2010 12:11 pm

I actually really liked the ending. At times there may be a need to be separated in order for things to come together in the end and not every happy ending has a hug and a kiss..sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest impact.

I wasn't crazy about the case, but overall really liked the show.
howie
howie
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 7672
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Sat May 22, 2010 12:15 pm

my like for this episode is merging into love for this episode!
sure enough there was no hug, kiss or an actual declaration of love but i think that was all summed up in their eyes and the tight holding hands which screamed "dont let go of us". there was nothing fancy or over the top about this episode (not like the dream of s4 finale) it was almost just like an ordinary episode of Bones, the way they it was back in season one and two finalies. there was so much meaning in each scene and i dont think hope has been lost, if anything i think it gives us so much hope as to where B/B will be next season relationship wise. its not the end, its the beginning! I love you
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 pm

I like the ending better today than I did on Thursday night. Still, not 100% satisfied, but better.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BBShipper Sat May 22, 2010 2:57 pm

I loved the ending!! At first I was shocked cause I expected something else (I'm gonna try and stay away from spoilers/speculation from now on, we're all really creative haha)

And I agree with jsgemini, there couldn't really be a hug cause they wouldn't have been able to let go...
Watch ED's expression when she looks back right at the end, it looks like she's already regretting her decision to leave, she hates the separation but it's something she has to do...
The hand-holding is so intense, I felt the emotion in that scene...I liked it more than a hug cause it's something they'd never done before...and with a hug they don't get to look at each other (we'd get to see their sad faces but they wouldn't see each other)
So maybe a hug means more to us cause the camera makes a close-up on their face but in the hand-holding its just them and their moment..
ok I'm rambling now haha, can't wait for september! Very Happy

BBShipper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat May 22, 2010 4:10 pm

And I agree with jsgemini, there couldn't really be a hug cause they wouldn't have been able to let go...

Ha! This, this exactly! I kept thinking, "oh, noes, it's gonna be a cliche and he's gonna kiss her or she's gonna kiss him..." but you know, it wasn't. They acted like grown-ups. Grown ups with commitments that they made, maybe not for the best of reasons (and you could see the regret), but that they knew needed to be upheld. No crazy promises. No "I'll wait for you!!!!!11!" horsecrap (and really, no one who says that actually waits, sorry). Just two people who obviously love each other, saying goodbye in the only uncertain terms they know how.

Also, I loved when Bones said "Don't be you". It shows that she knows him so well and that she cares: she would rather he be a "coward" (I use the term loosely. Very, very loosely) and come back to her, than have him be a hero and come back in box. The bit of dialogue before that was also perfect: him telling her to be careful, as he always does, and her calling attention to the insanity of that suggestion when he's going into a war zone (which I still don't get why, but whatever. I'm in a forgiving mood here. Razz )

The case...was there a case? LOL But yeah, I didn't even pay attention. I mean, I know the black woman had something to do with it. And the guy starved to death. And that's about it. I don't care eihter. I imagine the writers didn't either, they just needed something to fill the space in between character moments, which is actually cool with me. Because [non-spoilery, cross-show tangent ahead], although I did like the House finale, goodness gracious, they just packed-up the season into five minutes at the end and it was like: "uh, yeah, we are gonna tell you that all the antics before this were setting up the moment, but really, we just needed drama to try and up the ratings. Now you can have your character development -for the whole season- in the following scene". And uh, no. I don't want that here on Bones. [/ tangent]

Loved. LOVED Hodgins and Sweets stealing the car. That's probably my favorite sequence of the season. Even over the BB-kissing and everything else that went down. It was funny, cute, and true to the characters and the kind of friends that they've become. Also Cam, guh! TT should get an award just for being on the show. Her face when she said that Brennan could provide her with a list of anthropologists just about gutted me.

Angela looked extra hot. And true to character, she was happy for her friend and happy about her life. I missed happy Angela. Guess Hodgins really is the guy for her. I liked the pairing before, but I'm now officially an Ang/Hodgins shipper. Miracles of a season finale, go figure. Razz

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next