Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you liked the finale, click here!

+30
gordongordonfan
bailey
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Bella Loony
AmandaFriend
jro54
sanasus
A2BOREANAZ
tinkrella
booksandbones
i_heart_bones
future_anthro
SJB
BBShipper
katharine
Brain&Heart
howie
crzy4bones
Nightowl
bones_fanatic19
heirofloki
treble21
jsgemini
CanadianBones
ToZiKa
simonmad
nati.cba
G
dreamerktm411
flyersfan35
34 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! - Page 2 Empty Re: If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by BBShipper Sat May 22, 2010 4:26 pm

heirofloki wrote:

Also, I loved when Bones said "Don't be you". It shows that she knows him so well and that she cares: she would rather he be a "coward" (I use the term loosely. Very, very loosely) and come back to her, than have him be a hero and come back in box. The bit of dialogue before that was also perfect: him telling her to be careful, as he always does, and her calling attention to the insanity of that suggestion when he's going into a war zone (which I still don't get why, but whatever. I'm in a forgiving mood here. Razz )

Yeah I loved that they were both worried about each other, they looked so sad Sad
It was something they both needed though, Bones was overwhelmed with everything that's happened this season and I think we'll see in season 6 the confident pre-coma Booth that won't take no for an answer Very Happy

BBShipper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

If you liked the finale, click here! - Page 2 Empty Re: If you liked the finale, click here!

Post by SJB Sat May 22, 2010 4:59 pm

I loved this episode.
Loved it.

I thought the ending, although it was heart wrenching was perfect for them. They show so much emotion in their faces.
The hand holding was their own little thing, no one else could see it, it was their own private goodbye in a very public place.
I did notice how tightly they were holding on, and how booth amost had to pull his hand away from hers, she didn't want to let go.

I will write more later, I am supposed to be writing my assignment, but I love that there is a positive thread to comment in about the finale!
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sat May 22, 2010 7:32 pm

I liked it.. for the most part. Smile
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Sat May 22, 2010 8:00 pm

The more I think about it, the more I like it!!
Going to watch it again tonight!
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Sat May 22, 2010 8:04 pm

i_heart_bones wrote:The more I think about it, the more I like it!!
Going to watch it again tonight!
Ditto.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 9:54 pm

I'm actually surprised that no one has brought this up. Well, at least in the posts I've read here and in some of the other threads, but admittedly, I didn't read them all. But seriously...how could Brennan have NOT gone? I mean, here's this incredible opportunity...this was the reason she got into her field of study, is it not? Before she got involved in the FBI cases, she was going on digs and studying old Bones in the Jeffersonian...

And really, Booth would never tell her not to go. He realized what it meant to her. Yes, they needed time apart, but it may have been different if she was leaving for a different reason. She didn't want to go because she didn't want to leave Booth, but she did want to go because it meant she would be doing something she loved. Booth knew that. Her happiness means more to him than his own, which shows exactly how much he loves her.

Anyway, that's just my take on things...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by booksandbones Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

That is a very good point flyer that I think more people will realize after their frustration for lack of this and that subsides some.

I think the time apart will do them good, and even if one of them does come back with a SO, I think in the end Booth and Brennan will still be together.

The more times I watch this episode, the more it grows on me. I still think it was rushed and a two hour finale would have been better, or maybe an additional episode but what can ya do!
booksandbones
booksandbones

Registration date : 2010-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat May 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Boy am I glad for this thread. I was beginning to think I was loco and the only one who didn't straight up hate this episode. There were parts I disliked. I wont lie about that. I wasn't a fan of the use of Parker. I felt he would have fit much better doing something else. I don't buy a ten year old being excited for his dad to be gone a year and the Daisy/Sweets stuff fell a little flat (but i was never a fan of them together anyway)

First, let's talk about the title. I know we assumed it was a throw back to last seasons finale. In a few ways it was. The clock was clearly there, the tower of chicken wings that the emo intern was famous for in last seasons finale appeared. I'm sure on second viewing I will catch more thing that come up.

But, I think it was more of a throw back to the entire series in general. Did anyone else notice the finale ended EXACTLY where it began in the pilot episode? Booth held her at the air port for questioning...and he showed up at the air port again. In the pilot, she is returning from a long trip away....in this episode she was going. It's little things like that that really made the episode so much better. I haven't heard much discussing about it AT ALL...and I guess it's because people are hating it so much they aren't seeing those things?

This episode was the classic 'every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end thing.' BB have to leave. Brennan said it herself, "insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome." They can't keep working on cases and pretending they don't love each other. They need to go away...re-evaluate what it is they want and need and then come back together stronger than before.

This isn't them running away from each other either. For once, I think this is them taking the high road, and doing something that will benefit themselves. Neither would ever ask the other to stay because they really WANTED to go.

I have a lot of fears next season. I fear they could return and their chemistry could be off. But then again, isn't it off now? Things are so screwed up between them that I think a year a part could only help at this point. I fear she could come back pregnant/married/hurt/ect. I fear the same for booth. I don't want to see any of the above OR have him regress back to his old gambling days. These aren't spoilers BTW just my fears lol

But, I know hart has a plan for them. We may not see it....we may not understand...but it's there.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 10:21 pm

One other thing...whether you believe in the Parker scene or not, Parker did tell Booth that he and his mom talked about it...don't you think she would have explained the pros and cons to him? I never assumed that he came up with his arguments to his dad out of the blue, but when the choices were explained to him, I can believe that he would have thought his father should go, that it would be the right thing to do. It would have been nice to see such a conversation, but you can't shove everything into a whole hour, like we already said. *shrugs* Anyway, that's the last I'll say on the subject. I believe in kids, but I've been around a lot of good ones.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 10:24 pm

tinkrella wrote:Boy am I glad for this thread. I was beginning to think I was loco and the only one who didn't straight up hate this episode. There were parts I disliked. I wont lie about that. I wasn't a fan of the use of Parker. I felt he would have fit much better doing something else. I don't buy a ten year old being excited for his dad to be gone a year and the Daisy/Sweets stuff fell a little flat (but i was never a fan of them together anyway)

First, let's talk about the title. I know we assumed it was a throw back to last seasons finale. In a few ways it was. The clock was clearly there, the tower of chicken wings that the emo intern was famous for in last seasons finale appeared. I'm sure on second viewing I will catch more thing that come up.

But, I think it was more of a throw back to the entire series in general. Did anyone else notice the finale ended EXACTLY where it began in the pilot episode? Booth held her at the air port for questioning...and he showed up at the air port again. In the pilot, she is returning from a long trip away....in this episode she was going. It's little things like that that really made the episode so much better. I haven't heard much discussing about it AT ALL...and I guess it's because people are hating it so much they aren't seeing those things?

This episode was the classic 'every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end thing.' BB have to leave. Brennan said it herself, "insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome." They can't keep working on cases and pretending they don't love each other. They need to go away...re-evaluate what it is they want and need and then come back together stronger than before.

This isn't them running away from each other either. For once, I think this is them taking the high road, and doing something that will benefit themselves. Neither would ever ask the other to stay because they really WANTED to go.

I have a lot of fears next season. I fear they could return and their chemistry could be off. But then again, isn't it off now? Things are so screwed up between them that I think a year a part could only help at this point. I fear she could come back pregnant/married/hurt/ect. I fear the same for booth. I don't want to see any of the above OR have him regress back to his old gambling days. These aren't spoilers BTW just my fears lol

But, I know hart has a plan for them. We may not see it....we may not understand...but it's there.
I never got that until you just pointed it out, and now it's just so obvious! Wonderful!

And I didn't like the Daisy/Sweets thing, either. I mean, they're engaged and then she's leaving to pursue her career, and they just agree to end it? Just like that? I'm with you, I was never a big fan of those two, but that was just too easy...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by SJB Sat May 22, 2010 10:29 pm

flyersfan35 wrote:
tinkrella wrote:Boy am I glad for this thread. I was beginning to think I was loco and the only one who didn't straight up hate this episode. There were parts I disliked. I wont lie about that. I wasn't a fan of the use of Parker. I felt he would have fit much better doing something else. I don't buy a ten year old being excited for his dad to be gone a year and the Daisy/Sweets stuff fell a little flat (but i was never a fan of them together anyway)

I never got that until you just pointed it out, and now it's just so obvious! Wonderful!

And I didn't like the Daisy/Sweets thing, either. I mean, they're engaged and then she's leaving to pursue her career, and they just agree to end it? Just like that? I'm with you, I was never a big fan of those two, but that was just too easy...
It's obvious now that it is pointed out to me!! LOL
With the Daisy/Sweets thing, it did feel a bit rushed, but I'm not at all upset by it! I think Sweets could do so much better. I can do without all that screeching in future eps!!
SJB
SJB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by booksandbones Sat May 22, 2010 10:33 pm

I didnt mind Daisy at first but that last episode made me not like her at all!
booksandbones
booksandbones

Registration date : 2010-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 22, 2010 10:51 pm

^^I agree Tinkerella...haha you think Booth is gonna come back preggers Wink Wink

I'm all with you on HH with his plan. Bones is his baby, I don't understand why he would jeopardize that. I'm happy he has a direction for the show. I wouldn't want B&B to get together because the network is forcing HH & Co. to get them together, that isn't natural. One of my fears is that perhaps given everyone's reaction to this episode, the above might happen. I hope the network and HH/SN are good.

I hope that those who didn't like the episode, re watch it a few times, maybe when their thoughts have cleared a little they might gain a new perspective. There have been times when I have watched a Bones ep on its original airing and thought meh, not the best, but then sometimes upon rewatching the ep, I really liked it. The fact HH has a twitter I think gives him an open venue to tease us a little more than other writers/creators of other shows. In my opinion you have to take what he says/doesn't say with a grain of salt and actually just see how it plays out in the episode. He said something BIG would happen, and that happened.

I also swore I saw the pic of Ange and Birambau(is that even how you spell it) on the beach, when they were going through the hoarder's pictures. I haven't had a chance to rewatch the episode.... am I losing it lol. It wouldn't make much sense.

Sweets and Daisy, I'm not super in love with them as a couple, but I felt it could've been handled a bit better. Like I didn't understand why Sweets wouldn't be able to go and visit her while she was away. I don't know maybe she will realize she misses her Lancelot too much.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 pm

i liked it also......

told myself this season i wasnt going to read any spoilers.....and i did keep that promise to myself until right before the finale.....then i read everything i could find about the final epi of the season......there was my big mistake......because thats what spoiled last years finale for me.....reading all this hype about if they are going to do this......and if they are going to do that....(kisses and hugs and of course sex)...so when i got back to my rational self.....not the hyped up spoiler version....watched it again.....and loved loved loved it.........they so love one another......it was perfect....

agree with fly on the parker thing also.....mentioned that him and his mom discussed the situation....we dont give children enough credit at times...their minds are wide open...unlike the adults.....although he would obviously miss booth...i am sure he understood that his dad would be making the world a safer place to be in....the picture in parkers mind was simple.....oh how i do love children at times...they do rock!!!

sweets and daisy.....too easy of an ending......but then again who is to say that when she comes back that sweets wont be right there....it could happen..does in the real world at times..who knows......

so again......i liked it.....and i must say that even if i wouldnt have ...no reason to go all hater like on the writers and producers and all around makers of the show...its hollywood peeps.....and they are doing their job well......we keep coming back dont we??? lol......
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 11:35 pm

A2BOREANAZ wrote:i liked it also......

told myself this season i wasnt going to read any spoilers.....and i did keep that promise to myself until right before the finale.....then i read everything i could find about the final epi of the season......there was my big mistake......because thats what spoiled last years finale for me.....reading all this hype about if they are going to do this......and if they are going to do that....(kisses and hugs and of course sex)...so when i got back to my rational self.....not the hyped up spoiler version....watched it again.....and loved loved loved it.........they so love one another......it was perfect....

agree with fly on the parker thing also.....mentioned that him and his mom discussed the situation....we dont give children enough credit at times...their minds are wide open...unlike the adults.....although he would obviously miss booth...i am sure he understood that his dad would be making the world a safer place to be in....the picture in parkers mind was simple.....oh how i do love children at times...they do rock!!!

sweets and daisy.....too easy of an ending......but then again who is to say that when she comes back that sweets wont be right there....it could happen..does in the real world at times..who knows......

so again......i liked it.....and i must say that even if i wouldnt have ...no reason to go all hater like on the writers and producers and all around makers of the show...its hollywood peeps.....and they are doing their job well......we keep coming back dont we??? lol......
Thanks cup! I was beginning to think I was the only one that still had faith in children! lol
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 22, 2010 11:44 pm

This is the first line of text at the Bones Spoiler Blog:

WARNING: NEVER TAKE SPOILERS SERIOUSLY!!!
Article writers put in their own interpretations, storylines are changed, storylines are protected. Enjoy them, but don't put your trust into them like they're fact.

I like it. Does HH tease us, YES, but it's his job, he's never ever going to say, ok in season 5 episode 13, the first scene will be blah blah blah etc. He has to draw interest for the show - just like tv show promo's and movie promo's they show you an overall glimpse into what is going on. How often have movie trailer's shown the funny bits and you're all man this looks hilarious and then it turns out those funny bits in the trailer were the only funny bits in the whole movie. So he said something big is going to happen on this finale and there were certainly big changes. You can't get angry at him if what you interpreted his 'something big' as being and what actually transpired.

I guess we just have to let HH/SN know that there are people who did enjoy it. I did send HH a tweet, although I'm never sure if he gets them, they don't appear on his wall after...are they supposed to? I'm new to the twitter thing.

I don't like all this 'aftermath' and angry words, I like it when we all love Bones and are all being a big happy Bones family. It's ok to not like certain aspects, I don't love everything that happens, or even every episode, but overall I do love the show.

Last edited by CanadianBones on Sat May 22, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat May 22, 2010 11:45 pm

haha perhaps the air port thing stuck out to me because I've literally seen the pilot about....1,000 times. it is in fact my favorite episode.

I do have one question. why is there such an emphasis on an entire year? A year...is a pretty long time. Why not....6 months? or...3 months...or something. Why are they going for an entire year? The timline is gonna be all odd now because now BB world will be a year ahead of our world lol kinda odd. If this were the x-files, I'd say it was a mass conspiracy so it could line up with 2012 and the world ending. Razz but it's not, so I think we're good there. Laughing

I think spoilers have ruined me for this season. It's such a shame because I LOVE being spoiled. I love guessing. I love getting little tid bits here and there....but it really ruined the finale for me this year. I think I'm going to try and go (majority) spoiler free from now on. It just seems more fun to speculate without knowing anything....then to get all these crazy expectations and then be saddened when they don't come true.

Another interesting thing...is that my friends who don't go online and read/talk about bones really liked the finale. They had no problem with it because they weren't expecting anything from it.

I liked the ending scene because brennan basically told booth she loved him by giving him advice. She told hodgins people only give advice like that when they love you. It really was a perfect moment for them. I found the hand holding more intimate than some "guy" hug.

I may be the minority here....but kissing for them is no big deal anymore. Since we saw the 100th and KNOW they've made out before in the past....I'm not saying "kiss already!" all the time to the screen anymore. I also don't think booth would have made that move. She pushed him away the last time. He wont go there again unless she initiates it.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat May 22, 2010 11:48 pm

CanadianBones wrote:This is the first line of text at the Bones Spoiler Blog:

WARNING: NEVER TAKE SPOILERS SERIOUSLY!!!
Article writers put in their own interpretations, storylines are changed, storylines are protected. Enjoy them, but don't put your trust into them like they're fact.

I like it. Does HH tease us, YES, but it's his job, he's never ever going to say, ok in season 5 episode 13, the first scene will be blah blah blah etc. He has to draw interest for the show - just like tv show promo's and movie promo's they show you an overall glimpse into what is going on. How often have movie trailer's shown the funny bits and you're all man this looks hilarious and then it turns out those funny bits in the trailer were the only funny bits in the whole movie. So he said something big is going to happen on this finale and there were certainly big changes. You can't get angry at him if what you interpreted his 'something big' as being and what actually transpired.

I guess we just have to let HH/SN know that there are people who did enjoy it. I did send HH a tweet, although I'm never sure if he gets them, they don't appear on his wall after...are they supposed to? I'm new to the twitter thing.

Nope. The only way you can see what tweets he gets is to type in @harthanson in the search box. his wall will only display the tweets he replies to or tweets. You can go to one of his replies and click on "in reply to" to see what he is tweeting in response to. lol

It is all rather confusing!!!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat May 22, 2010 11:49 pm

tinkrella wrote:haha perhaps the air port thing stuck out to me because I've literally seen the pilot about....1,000 times. it is in fact my favorite episode.

I do have one question. why is there such an emphasis on an entire year? A year...is a pretty long time. Why not....6 months? or...3 months...or something. Why are they going for an entire year? The timline is gonna be all odd now because now BB world will be a year ahead of our world lol kinda odd. If this were the x-files, I'd say it was a mass conspiracy so it could line up with 2012 and the world ending. Razz but it's not, so I think we're good there. Laughing

I think spoilers have ruined me for this season. It's such a shame because I LOVE being spoiled. I love guessing. I love getting little tid bits here and there....but it really ruined the finale for me this year. I think I'm going to try and go (majority) spoiler free from now on. It just seems more fun to speculate without knowing anything....then to get all these crazy expectations and then be saddened when they don't come true.

Another interesting thing...is that my friends who don't go online and read/talk about bones really liked the finale. They had no problem with it because they weren't expecting anything from it.

I liked the ending scene because brennan basically told booth she loved him by giving him advice. She told hodgins people only give advice like that when they love you. It really was a perfect moment for them. I found the hand holding more intimate than some "guy" hug.

I may be the minority here....but kissing for them is no big deal anymore. Since we saw the 100th and KNOW they've made out before in the past....I'm not saying "kiss already!" all the time to the screen anymore. I also don't think booth would have made that move. She pushed him away the last time. He wont go there again unless she initiates it.
I have found that myself. If you're not expecting anything, you won't be disappointed. Well, at least to a certain extent, lol

Also, about the hand-holding...there have so many people hating on it, saying that a hug would have been so much better. I so disagree...that hand-hold and look said more than any hug or kiss could have. It was perfect. Perfect. *sigh*
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Sat May 22, 2010 11:50 pm

tinkrella wrote:haha perhaps the air port thing stuck out to me because I've literally seen the pilot about....1,000 times. it is in fact my favorite episode.

I never thought of it like that but now that you mention it she has pretty much told him her feelings there, and I thought the hand holding was great, new for them which adds to the intimacy Smile
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat May 22, 2010 11:50 pm

I agree with your post completely! Spoilers are meant to do one thing and one thing only....create hype. Hart and Co. leak them to the writers and the writers put their own spin on them and then fans take it and run with it. Thus....creating ratings...viewers and hype.

Just look at the catherine/hacker stuff? Articles were saying all kinds o things about catherine being a new cast member...and POSSIBLE this and MAYBE that...and in the end she was in three scenes in one episode and we never saw her again. But, FOX got everyone talking which is what they wanted!

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat May 22, 2010 11:56 pm

I have to agree with you, the Pilot was pretty awesome. They did a good job at giving an overall feel for the type of show it was going to be.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun May 23, 2010 12:36 am

tinkrella wrote:I agree with your post completely! Spoilers are meant to do one thing and one thing only....create hype. Hart and Co. leak them to the writers and the writers put their own spin on them and then fans take it and run with it. Thus....creating ratings...viewers and hype.

Just look at the catherine/hacker stuff? Articles were saying all kinds o things about catherine being a new cast member...and POSSIBLE this and MAYBE that...and in the end she was in three scenes in one episode and we never saw her again. But, FOX got everyone talking which is what they wanted!

Actually, they don't leak spoilers. We get them from casting sides, which, again, are not leaked. They are part of the casting process. Shows like LOST don't hold open casting sessions or do fake casting sides in order to protect the plot. Most shows don't bother, though.

That being said, I definitely agree that interviews and soundbites are done for the purpose of creating hype/noise about the show. And yes, that's exactly what networks and producers want. It's their business and their livelihoods and the livelihoods of literally hundreds of people. That we as a fandom take it all a little to much to heart, well, that's another story. Razz

Also, I just wanted to agree with Fly that I could see the Parker thing just fine. He's a 10 year-old and 10 year-olds tend to be a lot more ... honorable than grown ups, actually. If he'd been 15, he'd have probably stormed out accusing Booth of being a sucky-ass parent, but again, he's ten.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sun May 23, 2010 12:44 am

heirofloki wrote:
tinkrella wrote:I agree with your post completely! Spoilers are meant to do one thing and one thing only....create hype. Hart and Co. leak them to the writers and the writers put their own spin on them and then fans take it and run with it. Thus....creating ratings...viewers and hype.

Actually, they don't leak spoilers. We get them from casting sides, which, again, are not leaked. They are part of the casting process. Shows like LOST don't hold open casting sessions or do fake casting sides in order to protect the plot. Most shows don't bother, though.

That being said, I definitely agree that interviews and soundbites are done for the purpose of creating hype/noise about the show. And yes, that's exactly what networks and producers want. It's their business and their livelihoods and the livelihoods of literally hundreds of people. That we as a fandom take it all a little to much to heart, well, that's another story. Razz

Also, I just wanted to agree with Fly that I could see the Parker thing just fine. He's a 10 year-old and 10 year-olds tend to be a lot more ... honorable than grown ups, actually. If he'd been 15, he'd have probably stormed out accusing Booth of being a sucky-ass parent, but again, he's ten.
Don't EVEN get me started on teenagers...lol!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun May 23, 2010 3:47 am

upon watching again, I've decided that I'm ok with the hand holding, and I also love the theory that if they had hugged they wouldn't have been able to let go, it makes perfect sense in that scene.
fly- I don't know that too many people think Brennan shouldn't have gone, it was a terrific opportunity for her, I think the bulk of the arguement was about Booth's sudden return to a job that has never made any indication to want to return to, infact even in this episode he doesn't want to take it. but now he's going to be training guys to do the same job that he has spent years atoning for. ( remember his goal was to catch at least a many murderer's as people he had sniped). I personally buy that Booth's hero complex, as well as his conversation with parker, would lead him to go back, but I don't think that others do.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next