Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Week's Episode - In or Out?

+37
jcn747
muimi07
recoveringbonesaddict
joybrennan
Murphs93
otismotis
bones_fanatic19
CeleryStick
sparklyshoes
HeyHey
TinkonBrink
boreanazlover82
DONEWITHIT
19ana89
bonesparticulat
tinkrella
sleepless
booth fan
CanadianBones
heirofloki
nati.cba
SnoopGirl
mereva
Groovycathers
Gea
treble21
tazdee2
MI_Bonesgirl
jjrobinson73
SherlockBones
anteater
Bonesicted
a_rangergrl2
jro54
mommahurley
sirenized
bugaboo628
41 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Next Week's Episode - In or Out? - Page 4 Empty Re: Next Week's Episode - In or Out?

Post by nati.cba Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 am

joybrennan wrote:
nati.cba wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Umm, actually, the end of the 100th makes it seem like the show is becoming MORE like a soap-opera. While the acting was great it threw out 5 years of character development, growth and change. Brennan reacted like the Brennan of season 2 or 3. Certainly not the Brennan we've seen this year. Soaps toss character development and continuity out the window all the time. If you've watched from the beginning, it's starting to feel like just going around in circles. Two or three more years of writers doing plot maneuvers so that the characters don't "break" the UST is the best way to break it. People stop caring because the characters stop showing consistency in the direction of their character development.

I don't agree, again, sorry!
But I don't think this is like a soap opera, if it were, Bones would already be in Booth arms, we would have already seen her cry about a stupid jealously because a woman got him drunk and she caught them in bed, etc.

Brennan DID NOT react like the Brennan in season 2 or 3, that Brennan would have said "I don't love you back, sorry man", she'd not cry, that's for sure, she'd not said "I don't know how (to change), she'd said "I don't want to change", she'd said that relationships are stupíd and that's why she'd reject him, etc. In contrast Bones said she doesn't know how to change, the Bones in season 2 or 3 would have NEVER admitted that she couldn't do something right. And besides, behind her words you could see the message of "I know you deserve better and I don't know how to give you that".

I sustain that episode 100th finale was gorgeous and totally IN CHARACTER. Now we have to see Brennan work on her feelings before putting them in the table, like Booth did. It'd be unfair if they'd miss this part in the show. Maybe it came a little bit too late, but it's something we have to go through before any relationship between them could start.

And why do you think the characters stopped showing consistency? When? We know Bones, her reaction was totally in character. And Booth's as well. He put his feelings in the table, she didn't want them, so he decided he'd move on. He won't beg, but he won't walk away either. That's at least the Booth and Brennan that I've grown to know in the series.

That's at least, my opinion. Rolling Eyes

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. However, some facts: In season two, Brennan gets involved with Sully. Sully says he’s in love with her, and while I don’t think she was in love with him, there’s enough for her to CONSIDER going away with him. Season THREE is where Booth gives his whole “making love” speech – and BRENNAN agrees with him. She’s already started shifting her thoughts about relationships. A Brennan coming from a season three place certainly wouldn’t be saying relationships are stupid. She WOULD probably say she didn’t think she could do one.

In season FOUR, we open up in London, where Brennan states that pure logic can be dangerous and that in order to be successful, a scientist needs more than logic. The episode ends with Brennan NOT sleeping with the guy she finds attractive – even though he uses a logical argument as to why they should. Brennan agrees it’s logical – but chooses not to upset Booth – who doesn’t like the guy. They come back and Brennan starts dating two guys, one for sex and one for intellectual simulation. By the end of the episode, she is thinking that perhaps monogamy is best for sexual relationships, but she’s unsure if she’d ever manage it. Booth tells her, “there’s a perfect guy out there for you, you just have to be open to it.” He then takes her out to dinner. We then go to the episode where everyone is super-smart and rational, a place Brennan had years before applied to for an internship. Everyone is sleeping with everyone else – including the engaged Director. Booth is appalled; Brennan sees the logic in the behavior. The Director at one-point states, “love is beneath him.” The reason this episode is important? When the director hits on her, she turns him down flat. She may understand the logic in the behavior – but it’s not what she WANTS anymore. After that, we’re got the Cinderella in the Cardboard, Brennan admits to being jealous of ALL of her colleagues because they believe in true love, and she wants to. She wants to know what it’s like. Booth tells her she will…someday. In “the Girl in the Mask” Brennan is contemplating whether loving someone is worth it. She admits her fear to Booth, who promptly explains why it is – he talks about Parker. TWO episodes later, Brennan decides SHE wants a child. Apparently, she took Booth’s statement literally. Loving someone – a child – is worth it. Then there’s the whole brain tumor thing. Brennan writes a story about being in love with/and married to Booth. In the story, she says, “love gives you wings – to fly.” Then she deletes it. She’s just not ready to deal. ALL of this is SEASON FOUR. We haven’t even gone into five yet.

FIVE opens up with the completely psychic thing. Brennan is completely skeptical, until Avalon does a reading that says Brennan doesn’t know how anyone can love her, but that “He knows the truth of her and is dazzled by it.” This shakes her up. Clearly, it’s the question on her mind, and the answer she wants to believe… “Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” Brennan has no problem getting more involved with Booth and Parker. She gives them a key to her building so that Parker and Booth can use the pool. “Night at the Bones Museum” she goes out with Hacker – because she wants sex. However, when Booth makes it clear to her how special their relationship is by letting her know he tells her things he tells no one else, she dumps Hacker as her date to the museum and takes Booth. She paraphrases Booth’s words to her, “What happens between us is ours, isn’t that what you said.” They almost kiss. There’s more in season five, but let me just jump to the point where Brennan tells Booth, Jared, and Jared’s fiancé that because of Booth, she now believes that love is possible.

ALL of this between seasons 2-5, and then she says she doesn’t want to try having a relationship, that she’s too much of a scientist – (yet, she’s not enough of one to date the Lab Director in season 4.) She can’t change. SHE HAS CHANGED. Therefore, I stand by assertion. The Brennan in the 100th is coming out of seasons two and three – in my opinion.
tongue Smile

WOW that was a piece of analysis and I have to thank you for that. I loved reading it! Seriously. It was very accurate and ironically, you used a the logic to demonstrate your statement. Congrats for that, I don't think I'd be capable of such a speech.

I agree with you that Brennan has come a long way and that she's very different from the Brennan in season 1. And I agree with all the development that you've described - well, those are facts, not something I should agree with, anyway, you get my point, I guess.

HOWEVER, I think that what scares Brennan the most is to try this new thing for her - loving and being loved - with Booth. Why? Because he's her best friend, a constant in her life for the last 5 years, what if it goes wrong? What if there's no turning back? As Booth said in the season 5 premiere, "sometimes you have to be happy with second best" (I'm paraphrasing here, but it was something like that). In addition, she's scared of hurting him, of not being what he wants, what he deserves.
And I think that somehow, she's gonna try to go back to what they had before, even if that means being a "cold fish" regarding what happened in 100th episode last scene.

Although I'M NOT FOND OF HER REACTION in this last episode and the promo of 5x18, I can understand her, somehow. I don't think she's given too many steps back, and I'm hopeful that all this will be solved within the next episodes.

I want to be clear on this: I get your point and I agree with almost everything you've said. However, I don't dislike what the writers have decided to give us, I can take it and I can buy it (not for too long, though), I can find the logics behind their story, and all I can hope is this part is necessary for them to get B&B together, eventually, any time soon. thumbsup
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Next Week's Episode - In or Out? - Page 4 Empty Re: Next Week's Episode - In or Out?

Post by joybrennan Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:01 am

[quote="nati.cba"][quote="joybrennan"]
nati.cba wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. However, some facts: In season two, Brennan gets involved with Sully. Sully says he’s in love with her, and while I don’t think she was in love with him, there’s enough for her to CONSIDER going away with him. Season THREE is where Booth gives his whole “making love” speech – and BRENNAN agrees with him. She’s already started shifting her thoughts about relationships. A Brennan coming from a season three place certainly wouldn’t be saying relationships are stupid. She WOULD probably say she didn’t think she could do one.

In season FOUR, we open up in London, where Brennan states that pure logic can be dangerous and that in order to be successful, a scientist needs more than logic. The episode ends with Brennan NOT sleeping with the guy she finds attractive – even though he uses a logical argument as to why they should. Brennan agrees it’s logical – but chooses not to upset Booth – who doesn’t like the guy. They come back and Brennan starts dating two guys, one for sex and one for intellectual simulation. By the end of the episode, she is thinking that perhaps monogamy is best for sexual relationships, but she’s unsure if she’d ever manage it. Booth tells her, “there’s a perfect guy out there for you, you just have to be open to it.” He then takes her out to dinner. We then go to the episode where everyone is super-smart and rational, a place Brennan had years before applied to for an internship. Everyone is sleeping with everyone else – including the engaged Director. Booth is appalled; Brennan sees the logic in the behavior. The Director at one-point states, “love is beneath him.” The reason this episode is important? When the director hits on her, she turns him down flat. She may understand the logic in the behavior – but it’s not what she WANTS anymore. After that, we’re got the Cinderella in the Cardboard, Brennan admits to being jealous of ALL of her colleagues because they believe in true love, and she wants to. She wants to know what it’s like. Booth tells her she will…someday. In “the Girl in the Mask” Brennan is contemplating whether loving someone is worth it. She admits her fear to Booth, who promptly explains why it is – he talks about Parker. TWO episodes later, Brennan decides SHE wants a child. Apparently, she took Booth’s statement literally. Loving someone – a child – is worth it. Then there’s the whole brain tumor thing. Brennan writes a story about being in love with/and married to Booth. In the story, she says, “love gives you wings – to fly.” Then she deletes it. She’s just not ready to deal. ALL of this is SEASON FOUR. We haven’t even gone into five yet.

FIVE opens up with the completely psychic thing. Brennan is completely skeptical, until Avalon does a reading that says Brennan doesn’t know how anyone can love her, but that “He knows the truth of her and is dazzled by it.” This shakes her up. Clearly, it’s the question on her mind, and the answer she wants to believe… “Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” Brennan has no problem getting more involved with Booth and Parker. She gives them a key to her building so that Parker and Booth can use the pool. “Night at the Bones Museum” she goes out with Hacker – because she wants sex. However, when Booth makes it clear to her how special their relationship is by letting her know he tells her things he tells no one else, she dumps Hacker as her date to the museum and takes Booth. She paraphrases Booth’s words to her, “What happens between us is ours, isn’t that what you said.” They almost kiss. There’s more in season five, but let me just jump to the point where Brennan tells Booth, Jared, and Jared’s fiancé that because of Booth, she now believes that love is possible.

ALL of this between seasons 2-5, and then she says she doesn’t want to try having a relationship, that she’s too much of a scientist – (yet, she’s not enough of one to date the Lab Director in season 4.) She can’t change. SHE HAS CHANGED. Therefore, I stand by assertion. The Brennan in the 100th is coming out of seasons two and three – in my opinion.
tongue Smile

WOW that was a piece of analysis and I have to thank you for that. I loved reading it! Seriously. It was very accurate and ironically, you used a the logic to demonstrate your statement. Congrats for that, I don't think I'd be capable of such a speech.

I agree with you that Brennan has come a long way and that she's very different from the Brennan in season 1. And I agree with all the development that you've described - well, those are facts, not something I should agree with, anyway, you get my point, I guess.

HOWEVER, I think that what scares Brennan the most is to try this new thing for her - loving and being loved - with Booth. Why? Because he's her best friend, a constant in her life for the last 5 years, what if it goes wrong? What if there's no turning back? As Booth said in the season 5 premiere, "sometimes you have to be happy with second best" (I'm paraphrasing here, but it was something like that). In addition, she's scared of hurting him, of not being what he wants, what he deserves.
And I think that somehow, she's gonna try to go back to what they had before, even if that means being a "cold fish" regarding what happened in 100th episode last scene.

Although I'M NOT FOND OF HER REACTION in this last episode and the promo of 5x18, I can understand her, somehow. I don't think she's given too many steps back, and I'm hopeful that all this will be solved within the next episodes.

I want to be clear on this: I get your point and I agree with almost everything you've said. However, I don't dislike what the writers have decided to give us, I can take it and I can buy it (not for too long, though), I can find the logics behind their story, and all I can hope is this part is necessary for them to get B&B together, eventually, any time soon. thumbsup

Thanks for the acknowledgment I love you I also get that the whole thing HAS to scare her. I just really have a hard time buying she'd shut down the idea so completely. Voice her fears - absolutely. Basically say there's no way in hell - no.

For me, Brennan's reaction feels like a contrived plot device, not a character choice. HOWEVER, they say great actors can make a bad script tolerable. Emily and David certainly proved that. I really felt the pain in that scene - I BELIEVED them - even as part of my brain was going, "this makes no sense!" I actually REALLY loved this episode until the last five minutes. So much of it made the characters' history that much clearer - even with the continuity issues of Cam and the DA. Now, Brennan's line in the pilot - the one where Booth's got her pressed up against the wall and she goes, "did you plan this?" isn't just funny, it is SOOO logical a thought! lol!

Thus, even though I am skipping the whole Catfish - Hacker thing, ( Mad ) I'm sticking through the rest of the season. I really hope you are right about things getting back on track nervous Hopeful this is just a small derailment as opposed to the complete train-wreck (affraid) that many fans are feeling is about to occur. Neutral

Last edited by joybrennan on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Weird slashs in text)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 am

Uf I just came across this vid and wanted to share it I didn't know where to put it so I decided to do it here.

Hope you like it. Made me cry Sad

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

ps: hey joybrennan you quoted my msg but didn't write anything... Neutral i guess was a mistake? waiting for your response! i'm enjoying discussing the show with u Wink
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:14 am

nati.cba wrote:

I can only agree vehemently. Somethings are scarier than getting shot at, and the gravedigger, and the red army all rolled into one. Wink Also, her reaction is 100% Brennan. I don't know why people expect her to be remorseful or regretful or even openly sad. She's not like that. Hell, I'm not Brennan (that socially inept) but in her position, I'd be trying to make things as normal as possible. She's just socially dumb, and thus asks questions like "is this too difficult for you" that make any normal human wanna trash the telly. But that's also very Brennan.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 am

heirofloki wrote:
nati.cba wrote:

I can only agree vehemently. Somethings are scarier than getting shot at, and the gravedigger, and the red army all rolled into one. Wink Also, her reaction is 100% Brennan. I don't know why people expect her to be remorseful or regretful or even openly sad. She's not like that. Hell, I'm not Brennan (that socially inept) but in her position, I'd be trying to make things as normal as possible. She's just socially dumb, and thus asks questions like "is this too difficult for you" that make any normal human wanna trash the telly. But that's also very Brennan.

Yeah but I get joybrennan's point as well. She grew up a lot since the first season and she's had moments of being more touchy specially with Booth. I mean, it's true it's time for her to learn how to speak to human beings Razz
And although I don't want to see her act OUT OF CHARACTER, I'd like her to be more touchy, and understandable of the situation they're both in now. I guess she'll come to realize soon... or at least to SHOW TO US THE VIEWERS that she DOES understand.
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 am

I think people are focusing way too much on the " I can't change I'm a scientist" part of Brennan's speech, and waaay too little on the " I'm protecting you" aspect of it. JMO
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 am

treble21 wrote:I think people are focusing way too much on the " I can't change I'm a scientist" part of Brennan's speech, and waaay too little on the " I'm protecting you" aspect of it. JMO

Too true.

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 am

joybrennan wrote:
Thanks for the acknowledgment I love you I also get that the whole thing HAS to scare her. I just really have a hard time buying she'd shut down the idea so completely. Voice her fears - absolutely. Basically say there's no way in hell - no.

Oh but she didn't shut down the idea completely, did she? Although she said "I can't change", that line was followed by a "I don't know HOW". And that statement is what made up for the scene at least for me! It's not that she doesn't want to change, it's just that she admits that she doesn't know how to do it, and I SHOUTED at the tv (and Booth) "Tell her she doesn't need to change! That she already has! Tell her you'll teach her how to love you!! Don't give up you coward!!". It was so frustrating! However, I understood both of them. He didn't want to push, didn't want her to freak out and run away to Guatemala or whatever. And at the same time he probably didn't want a second rejection, THAT would have killed him!

It'd been nicer if she had told him IN DETAILS about what she fears, however, I wasn't expecting her to get so emotional so at her body language made up for the missing words. At least to me

joybrennan wrote:For me, Brennan's reaction feels like a contrived plot device, not a character choice. HOWEVER, they say great actors can make a bad script tolerable. Emily and David certainly proved that. I really felt the pain in that scene - I BELIEVED them - even as part of my brain was going, "this makes no sense!" I actually REALLY loved this episode until the last five minutes.

I agree, they were EXCELLENT and made me feel EVERY SINGLE EMOTION!

joybrennan wrote:So much of it made the characters' history that much clearer - even with the continuity issues of Cam and the DA. Now, Brennan's line in the pilot - the one where Booth's got her pressed up against the wall and she goes, "did you plan this?" isn't just funny, it is SOOO logical a thought! lol!
You're right. I re-watched the whole 1st season BEFORE this episode, but now I want to re-watch it AGAIN! And every single season! However, I find myself in this forum and watching videos in youtube all the time! I think I'll leave the re-watching (probably of the whole series) for the summer hiatus

joybrennan wrote:Thus, even though I am skipping the whole Catfish - Hacker thing, ( Mad ) I'm sticking through the rest of the season. I really hope you are right about things getting back on track nervous Hopeful this is just a small derailment as opposed to the complete train-wreck (affraid) that many fans are feeling is about to occur. Neutral
Very Happy Very Happy [/quote]

Don't worry I believe they'll make up for the 100th episode in the season finale. I DON'T THINK it'll be 100% what every B&B shipper wants, but I think at least this will take a different direction and for once - it will be a SHIPPER one! Razz Wink
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 am

Here are my two cents worth. Smile

Brennan has been let down big time as a kid. Then she picks the wrong guys which led to those relationships going south. All the while she had this great partner/friend by her side. She had feelings for him but perhaps didn't realised what kind of feelings they were. Then she starts to suspect he has feelings for her, but as she feels she doesn't have an open heart she might be afraid of believing someone that good could really truely love her for who she is, so when he finally "comes clean" and tells her how he feels (well he didn't really say he loved her, just that he wanted to give it a chance) she sort of panics. She doesn't want to lose him. By being just partners she won't lose him (one could tell how much she was/is afraid of losing him when she asks if they still can work together and says "thank you" when he says they can). The next logical step, as we all know she loves him, is for her to realise how she really feels and to realise it's worth taking the risk. By seing him with another woman who pays attention to "her" Booth it might start that "reaction" within her. It's sometimes not until one realises one might lose something one starts to understand how much that "something" means and that can be the "catalyst" that is needed to take action.

Not sure if I'm making any sense. It sounded better in my head. Wink

As to Booth start dating. In the preview it looks like it was Catfish who asked HIM out and not he who asked HER out. I'd have more problems with the whole dating thing if he was the one who asked her out I must say. Not that I'm particularly found of the idea but I try to see it as the lesser of two evils.
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 am

nati.cba wrote:Uf I just came across this vid and wanted to share it I didn't know where to put it so I decided to do it here.

Hope you like it. Made me cry Sad

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6F_Q776FQ0][Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Nicely done. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:42 am

nati.cba wrote:Ok people are we watching the same show? It's not a soap opera for God's sake!!! It's about their RELATIONSHIP yeah yeah but no way they're giving us a fluffy soap opera-like story.
Arggg I feel frustrated, how come you don't see the development in the characters and HOW WHAT'S HAPPENING MAKES SENSE? Until now all we had was a nice friendship (first two seasons) that grew into something "more than partners" (following two seasons), until it was obvious that both of them were totally in love with each other (since mid of season 4 more or less). This season we had a lot of B&B moments, sweet but that was all. No talking, no feelings exposed. Now feelings are exposed but she's BONES, not a romantic soap opera character that's more than half the show crying for her love. And that will EASILY say yes at Booth's first attempt to claim her heart! Therefore, let's be patient. We still need Bones to grow, Booth to make some mistakes, both to realize that they belong together, and finally get together. If it happened quickly and easily it'd be so boring... I know that for those who've been watching the series since the very beginning it feels slow frustrating somehow but that's the way it is. Brennan is emotionally and socially immature and it's not from one day to the other that she'll admit she believes in love and then fall in Booth's arms.
Right?

And besides, if the ratings drop, nothing will change in terms of the story. The episodes are written and edited, the show is gonna go on for another 2 or 3 seasons, and HH will do whatever he wants in the end.

Enjoy the show people, there're great stories and amazing acting.

THNAK YOU!!!!!!!
I am really sick of people who are whining about the way things are done. I mean this is BONES, the one who is so terrified of love she didn't even talk to her own brother for years, she is not just going to jump on into Booth arms, it will take time people TIME. And yes, up until the end of season 4, they really were friends, happy to deny their feelings, but now we are getting to the process of them realising what they have, and it cant just happen like that, i mean guys there is more to the show than B&B. We need to patient, and let things happen the way they are happening, it is all in character and if it were to just happen it would be terrible. I mean they need to sort a heap if stuff out, they need their past exposed they need get all crap together before anything can happen, and that is what is happening. They were friends, more than partners, now they are up to the stage where they are getting all the doubt and problems out of the way so that thy can finally settle down and just be together. ANd this is coming from a major B&B shipper as well, guys be patient, just wait and keep your cool. Remember the advice form a very smart psychologist, hope and patience!!

And i hope that didnt offend or sound mean to anyone, it was not my intention Very Happy
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:59 am

joybrennan wrote:
nati.cba wrote:Ok people are we watching the same show? It's not a soap opera for God's sake!!! It's about their RELATIONSHIP yeah yeah but no way they're giving us a fluffy soap opera-like story.
Arggg I feel frustrated, how come you don't see the development in the characters and HOW WHAT'S HAPPENING MAKES SENSE? Until now all we had was a nice friendship (first two seasons) that grew into something "more than partners" (following two seasons), until it was obvious that both of them were totally in love with each other (since mid of season 4 more or less). This season we had a lot of B&B moments, sweet but that was all. No talking, no feelings exposed. Now feelings are exposed but she's BONES, not a romantic soap opera character that's more than half the show crying for her love. And that will EASILY say yes at Booth's first attempt to claim her heart! Therefore, let's be patient. We still need Bones to grow, Booth to make some mistakes, both to realize that they belong together, and finally get together. If it happened quickly and easily it'd be so boring... I know that for those who've been watching the series since the very beginning it feels slow frustrating somehow but that's the way it is. Brennan is emotionally and socially immature and it's not from one day to the other that she'll admit she believes in love and then fall in Booth's arms.
Right?

And besides, if the ratings drop, nothing will change in terms of the story. The episodes are written and edited, the show is gonna go on for another 2 or 3 seasons, and HH will do whatever he wants in the end.

Umm, actually, the end of the 100th makes it seem like the show is becoming MORE like a soap-opera. While the acting was great it threw out 5 years of character development, growth and change. Brennan reacted like the Brennan of season 2 or 3. Certainly not the Brennan we've seen this year. Soaps toss character development and continuity out the window all the time. If you've watched from the beginning, it's starting to feel like just going around in circles. Two or three more years of writers doing plot maneuvers so that the characters don't "break" the UST is the best way to break it. People stop caring because the characters stop showing consistency in the direction of their character development.

Sorry but i really have to disagree. Just because she said no does not mean she has not developed. She said no to protect Booth, not herself. Old Bones would have could she would have said that she is afraid of being hurt, but this time she is afraid for Booth, it is totally different. And on top of this she will always be afraid, that is what a fear is, i mean i am afraid of spiders, i could learn to deal with spiders but i will always be afraid of them. Also she believes in love, she believes in so many things and she has become more open, and yes she has developed, she was put in the spot and she WAS afraid for Booth, and maybe a bit for herself, but that does not mean in any way that she has not developed. Another thing, bones has a tendency to not see how far she has come, and that can contribute to her fear, because she cant see her personal development.

Also not to be mean or anything like that, but where or when did she indicate she was ready for a relationship, because from what i have seen, she has never indicated that she is ready for that yet. I think she understands the idea and accepts it, but she is not ready to do it herself, so i dont see how it is destroying the development if non were made.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:55 am

Did I say I am OUT? I probablydid....just in case I AM OUT, OUT, OUT!
puke confused Evil or Very Mad
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:01 am

jcn747 wrote:
Sorry but i really have to disagree. Just because she said no does not mean she has not developed. She said no to protect Booth, not herself. Old Bones would have could she would have said that she is afraid of being hurt, but this time she is afraid for Booth, it is totally different. And on top of this she will always be afraid, that is what a fear is, i mean i am afraid of spiders, i could learn to deal with spiders but i will always be afraid of them. Also she believes in love, she believes in so many things and she has become more open, and yes she has developed, she was put in the spot and she WAS afraid for Booth, and maybe a bit for herself, but that does not mean in any way that she has not developed. Another thing, bones has a tendency to not see how far she has come, and that can contribute to her fear, because she cant see her personal development.

Also not to be mean or anything like that, but where or when did she indicate she was ready for a relationship, because from what i have seen, she has never indicated that she is ready for that yet. I think she understands the idea and accepts it, but she is not ready to do it herself, so i dont see how it is destroying the development if non were made.

THIS THIS THIS!! Omg, this ^ so very much. *gives you a hug for being articulate*

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:28 am

heirofloki wrote:
jcn747 wrote:

THIS THIS THIS!! Omg, this ^ so very much. *gives you a hug for being articulate*

lool and i though of another reason. The old Bones would jump booth in two seconds flat, but because of her development understands the risks, and can no longer distance herself from those emotions. I mean int he 100th she would have slept with him if she had have been sober, but no not anymore.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

--
♥ Maroon 5 ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 am

heirofloki wrote:
jcn747 wrote:

Mmmm, yeap you are right...so it is Booth fault!!! Booooooo Booth Boooo thumbsdown Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I agree whith those who said he should have tried a little harder....it was almost like he knew she will say no...and the whole "move on" thing was ""right back @ you", bones! heybaby
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:28 am

Still in!

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by boneslady29 Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 am

SnoopGirl wrote:Still in!

im with snoop im still in

though i dnt agree with it doesnt mean i aint gonna watch it
boneslady29
boneslady29
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2074
Say What You Want : she needs a taste of booth medicine lol
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:05 am

boneslady29 wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:Still in!

im with snoop im still in

though i dnt agree with it doesnt mean i aint gonna watch it

Me too! I didn't really like it that their dating other people, but let's get real here, there not going to marry their dates because for all we know, there just going on coffee and lunch dates, which I can handle. And this could have a positive outcome for B&B.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:46 am

jcn747 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:
Right?

I'm not going to write the whole thing out again, but if you go back into the thread to my answer to the quote you're agreeing with, the rational for feeling Bones is more than ready for a relationship is spelled out pretty well. Also, you might take a look at the video posted by the person you're agreeing with. That being said, I don't think anyone expected them to jump into bed. It would be an equally disheartening choice. They would start to allow the romance to happen. One usually doesn't START a relationship with sex (at least one of any lasting consequence) and, as you pointed out, she's changed too much to take such a move lightly. Now, this is a forum and we are all entitled to our own opinions. I enjoy reading the different points of view. It helps give me some perspective. For instance, while I still see how Brennan reacted as more plot than character, I don't feel quite as certain that the writers are just completely stringing this out forever. I really hope they aren't. Remember the X-files! Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 am

Oh, since the topic of the thread is "are you in or out?" I'm still out. It may all be just fine, or it could be too upsetting for words. Why do that to myself? I can always watch it later if it's not a disaster. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:34 am

Im still in. Even though im not loving everything that is happening right now. I still have faith it will turn out oke and I just cant deal with missing an episode Wink
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 am

I will give the show until the Finale. If the Finale serves only to prolong the need to keep B&B apart, I will move on to something new.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am

U
sleepless wrote:ok, I don't think Jared counts. You know, Brennan gets so much crap for sleeping around, but since the pilot, Booth has slept with more women.

Booth: Tessa, Cam, Rebecca (we KNOW he's had sex with all of them)

Brennan: Sully, Mark (These are the only two men that we know Brennan's slept with in the last 5 years. Unless I'm forgetting someone)

Yeah, maybe she's gone on more dates than Booth, but it's not like she's sleeping around.

I am def IN. It would take a pretty grievous error for me to stop watching all together. I say bring on Catherine! Although I will be upset if Booth has sex with her or Brennan has sex with Hacker, but I don't think it's going to happen Smile

Just for the record - they're even. You forgot her former professor and lover, Michael. You remember: he came back, slept with her, looked at all the evidene of the case she was working on, but didn't, mention he was working for the defense. Season one, major betrayal.

And I'm still out. First one I'll miss. I will, however, check the boards. If it seems safe to watch, I'll do it on Hulu. Wink
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

Breaking News
As of today ..... I am still out
Evil or Very Mad
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next