Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects

+11
aardvark508
gordongordonfan
THX1138
lancelot
bones fan 99
treble21
Zygomatic
MoonlightGardenias
MI_Bonesgirl
joybrennan
HoneySpice
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects Empty Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects

Post by HoneySpice Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Five years on, the [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
after [Only admins are allowed to see this link]inability of Booth and [Only admins are allowed to see this link] to come together as other than crime partners is wearing thin. The first four [Only admins are allowed to see this link]were highly comedic and capitalized on [Only admins are allowed to see this link]'s and Booth's relationship as a crime fighting duo who were also reluctantly attracted to one another. However, this [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
, they are a mess over one another. He is clearly and unequivocally in love. She is also in love but is scared to death of ever acting on it. This conflict occurs in every single [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. I frankly think to break this impasse it would be better to marry them off and then have the comedic friction come from their problems as a Nick and Nora Charles type couple ("The Thin Man"). The unrequited love is sapping the considerable energy and magic of this [Only admins are allowed to see this link] plus [Only admins are allowed to see this link]and Booth as a comedic detective team. Fortunately, the development of Hodkins and Angela is a lot more satisfying for the viewer. We also have another wonderful guest appearance by Stephen Fry as Gordon Gordon, psychiatrist turned chef. The "X Files" developed the same unrequited problem as it continued and it took 9 [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
to bring Mulder and Scully together. Yes, I kept watching and will keep watching this [Only admins are allowed to see this link] for the very same reason, i.e. the [Only admins are allowed to see this link] week to week make it worth it. The forensic cases week after week, the interaction of the full cast, the [Only admins are allowed to see this link] involving the full cast, all of this makes it worth while watching week after week. But the unrequited love over nine [Only admins are allowed to see this link]made the final few [Only admins are allowed to see this link] of the "X files" barely watchable and I hope that doesn't happen here.
覧覧覧覧覧覧
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

HoneySpice

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-08-19

Back to top Go down

Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects Empty Re: Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects

Post by joybrennan Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Honestly, I thought the Hodgela thing was a rushed mess, and points out HH's kind of inability to actually see sex as being significant in relationship dynamics. Like, we see all this hot sex between Angela and Wendall. Jack is upset by it, we get an ep about it, but yeah, he's "still cool" with them. They break up and like two-three eps later they get married. Rolling Eyes Obviously, HH's thoughts on such matters are very Brennan-like.
And don't even MENTION X-Files affraid
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects Empty Re: Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:38 am

I'm actually curious to see how they will write Hodgela as a fully committed, married couple. Something the show has not yet touched, none of the core characters were married. IMO, they did fine with B&B in the S4 finale, so that does give me hope that they won't royally mess it up..but that was 1 episode of an alternate reality. Not really something they had to worry about long-term...
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:59 am

My thing is that, yeah I'd obviously love to see BB exploring the romantic aspect of their lives together, all the while learning to balance personal with professional. I believe that of done right, it could be not only worth it but pretty good. I actually didn't mind the majority of s5--and admittedly, I didn't mind most of post-100th fallout simply because I knew it was coming--but that being said, I also know that we're running out of time.

One of the issues here is that while the chemistry and "These two will eventually get together and make cute babies" attitude has always been around since day one, we haven't always been hit over the head with the obviousness of that fact. Back in the s1-s2 days I don't know if I would have bought Booth's whole "I knew. Right from the beginning." line simply because while he was obviously into her at times, it didn't become obvious until some of the more legendary Booth speeches and acts in s3 onward. You know, the DitS speech, the Christmas tree, sacrificing her to the court because it would make her happy and save her father, etc.

I think that if they continue with how blatant and strong the feelings are, lying just under the surface, it's all gotta come to a head soon. Otherwise, what's the point in rubbing it in all our faces?
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:08 pm

MoonlightGardenias wrote:My thing is that, yeah I'd obviously love to see BB exploring the romantic aspect of their lives together, all the while learning to balance personal with professional. I believe that of done right, it could be not only worth it but pretty good. I actually didn't mind the majority of s5--and admittedly, I didn't mind most of post-100th fallout simply because I knew it was coming--but that being said, I also know that we're running out of time.

One of the issues here is that while the chemistry and "These two will eventually get together and make cute babies" attitude has always been around since day one, we haven't always been hit over the head with the obviousness of that fact. Back in the s1-s2 days I don't know if I would have bought Booth's whole "I knew. Right from the beginning." line simply because while he was obviously into her at times, it didn't become obvious until some of the more legendary Booth speeches and acts in s3 onward. You know, the DitS speech, the Christmas tree, sacrificing her to the court because it would make her happy and save her father, etc.

I think that if they continue with how blatant and strong the feelings are, lying just under the surface, it's all gotta come to a head soon. Otherwise, what's the point in rubbing it in all our faces?

Yeah, I don't buy the whole, "I knew" thing from Booth. Most men I know, when they are sure about something, they don't just let it go like that, stocks, jobs, a woman... if they are sure, they PURSUE. Booth didn't do it the beginning and he didn't do it in the end. I think he took a gamble and used a sound bite. I'm NOT saying he doesn't love Brennan - I also felt his feelings didn't start getting CLEAR for himself until season three. As to why rub it in our faces? Apparently, HH thinks if he doesn't most viewers will stop watching. Shocked I'm not kidding, read his views on writing for tv. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zygomatic Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I'm actually curious to see how they will write Hodgela as a fully committed, married couple. Something the show has not yet touched, none of the core characters were married. IMO, they did fine with B&B in the S4 finale, so that does give me hope that they won't royally mess it up..but that was 1 episode of an alternate reality. Not really something they had to worry about long-term...

I totally agree about the Hodgela thing- and I think that part of what makes it so interesting is that they might use it as a possible model for what is to come (BBwise)...as you say, we've had boyfriends and fiances on this show, but Goodman was the only married character on the show really, and I mean we only had him for one season.

I think it'll be interesting to see how they tackle a 100% commited Angela (don't we all...) and see how their relationship will affect everyone else ... I personally am still holding out hope for sweets - such a cutie deserves a happy ending, as do , naturally BB
Zygomatic
Zygomatic
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Zygomatic wrote:
MI_Bonesgirl wrote:I'm actually curious to see how they will write Hodgela as a fully committed, married couple. Something the show has not yet touched, none of the core characters were married. IMO, they did fine with B&B in the S4 finale, so that does give me hope that they won't royally mess it up..but that was 1 episode of an alternate reality. Not really something they had to worry about long-term...

I totally agree about the Hodgela thing- and I think that part of what makes it so interesting is that they might use it as a possible model for what is to come (BBwise)...as you say, we've had boyfriends and fiances on this show, but Goodman was the only married character on the show really, and I mean we only had him for one season.

I think it'll be interesting to see how they tackle a 100% commited Angela (don't we all...) and see how their relationship will affect everyone else ... I personally am still holding out hope for sweets - such a cutie deserves a happy ending, as do , naturally BB

I miss Goodman. I was watching some season 1 stuff - I wish he would do a couple of guest star spots.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm

The thing with Hodgela, and this proves the point further, they not only rushed the wedding,
Spoiler:
. I'm almost afraid Hart would kill the show if he got B&B together, just because he doesn't know how to handle his characters in committed relationships. I firmly believe this is part of why B&B haven't happened yet.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 am

MOD WARNING

Please do NOT post spoilers in any thread other than the spoiler thread, There are people on the board that prefer to remain spoiler free.

Spoilers are defined as any information about future shows that have not aired yet, including content that are in the promo's airing on tv.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 am

oops, sorry-I was in a rush when I was typing that, not thinking facesmack
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:49 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:oops, sorry-I was in a rush when I was typing that, not thinking facesmack

No problem. I've caught myself doing the same thing.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bones fan 99 Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

MoonlightGardenias wrote:My thing is that, yeah I'd obviously love to see BB exploring the romantic aspect of their lives together, all the while learning to balance personal with professional. I believe that of done right, it could be not only worth it but pretty good. I actually didn't mind the majority of s5--and admittedly, I didn't mind most of post-100th fallout simply because I knew it was coming--but that being said, I also know that we're running out of time.

All just how we take things casue I totally by the "I knew right from the begining"

Marathoning the episodes starting at 100 then 1-106 including a re-watch of the 100. I can place those Booth not seeming into Brennan episodes as either being crime episode focused shows (not entirely bad in my opinion) or the fact that if I was booth left standing in the rain and then slapped on the face and left for a year ... I'd be a little pissed and unimpressed.. you can have a feeling that overcomes you without listening to it.
I believe that Booth knew she was the one when he was left standing in the rain compossed himself after slapping etc and spent seasons 1-4 falling in love with Brennan season trying to come to terms with it (hence the speeches evloving as time goes on). The time post finale I think has been dealing with the fallout of trying to move it forward (taking the gamble and asking although not doing as much as many feel he should have...)and failing scrambling with the trying to move on (yes we all feel differently about that too)

Yes HH could just be throwing road blocks but I still can see that sometimes these things do take time (yess I know we all want it now and are running out of patience with it) I still see the episodes as working togther albiet some are weaker than others I've said it before and I'll say it again. I do believe they'll get together I hope most will still be watching but it's really up to an individuals taste.
Lucky I guess that although I love BB and HATE them being with others I still enjoy the show even if I do then daydream about hacking a certain canadians computer on the fox lot.

[side not my husband and I were in many different places had shared friends at one point literally sitting one person away from each other (it on a video quite funny really) and didn't get together till we were working together years later] ... we are no BB but sometimes these things take time and you need to make a few mistakes to get it right!
bones fan 99
bones fan 99
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:34 am

Well, see, I believe he did too, but then there are moments that make me wonder why he didn't say something sooner if he really did know.

Like the end of Cinderella in the Cardboard for instance. I know he was kind of a jerk (Dr. Burn-in-hell, anyone?) for most of it, but when she started tearing up and saying she wanted to know what it was like to feel connected to someone Booth was all "You will". Well, yes, but to me I felt he should've at least put an arm around her or shown some sort of inclination that he was in love. Even if he didn't feel she was "ready" so he didn't say the words.

It's not all his fault though. She HAD to know at some point before he told her. How many dates can a guy interrupt (sometimes with no real need to) before she gets the point? Laughing

See, in s1-s2...and somewhat in s3 I guess, it was more case-centered. It just feels like in an effort to make the show more about their relationship but not actually cave to said 'ship they've almost made her more...clueless? Oblivious? I have no idea, but it definitely feels like Brennan of s1 would've been able to tell. IMO anyway.
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:41 pm

bones fan 99 wrote:

All just how we take things casue I totally by the "I knew right from the begining"

Marathoning the episodes starting at 100 then 1-106 including a re-watch of the 100. I can place those Booth not seeming into Brennan episodes as either being crime episode focused shows (not entirely bad in my opinion) or the fact that if I was booth left standing in the rain and then slapped on the face and left for a year ... I'd be a little pissed and unimpressed.. you can have a feeling that overcomes you without listening to it.
I believe that Booth knew she was the one when he was left standing in the rain compossed himself after slapping etc and spent seasons 1-4 falling in love with Brennan season trying to come to terms with it (hence the speeches evloving as time goes on). The time post finale I think has been dealing with the fallout of trying to move it forward (taking the gamble and asking although not doing as much as many feel he should have...)and failing scrambling with the trying to move on (yes we all feel differently about that too)

See - I don't think Booth knew any such thing - I think they had alot of chemistry, and alot of tequila. His exact words were, "because I think this is going somewhere." Not, "because I hope it's going somewhere," "or because I think you're the one." or, "because I want this to go somewhere." The phrase is actually passive. BRENNAN made that move - not Booth. He was basically going along with what SHE started.

Assuming Booth felt played - yeah, he might of. She got him hot and bothered and then left because they'd been drinking too much. WTF? He might have been pissed off, but he certainly didn't act like it when he walked in the next day. He walked in like NOTHING HAPPENED and was glad he and Brennan would still be working together. If he thought Brennan was the one at that point, why would he want the first time they get together to be when half-drunk on tequila? And if she was the one, wouldn't you expect some kind of discussion from him about when they COULD get together WITHOUT the tequila? Doesn't happen.

From Brennan's perspective, all the stuff he said the night before was the tequila talking. Who says they think a relationship is going somewhere and then the next day derails it? He approached her for work, and put work before the possibility of them getting together romantically. He never brings up that night, and Brennan thus feels all he wanted was that one night fling - and if that was all SHE wanted, tequila wouldn't have been a problem. She slaps Booth out of UST - the unspoken issues are what corrupt the working relationship. Just had to add that in, because, IMO, I think that the unspoken feelings and misunderstanding from that first case STILL effect B&B's relationship now.

Yes HH could just be throwing road blocks but I still can see that sometimes these things do take time (yess I know we all want it now and are running out of patience with it) I still see the episodes as working togther albiet some are weaker than others I've said it before and I'll say it again. I do believe they'll get together I hope most will still be watching but it's really up to an individuals taste.
Lucky I guess that although I love BB and HATE them being with others I still enjoy the show even if I do then daydream about hacking a certain canadians computer on the fox lot.

[side not my husband and I were in many different places had shared friends at one point literally sitting one person away from each other (it on a video quite funny really) and didn't get together till we were working together years later] ... we are no BB but sometimes these things take time and you need to make a few mistakes to get it right!
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:30 am

I might be alone in this but I think a lot of the playing around they've done with their relationship in the last couple of seasons - mostly season 5 has taken a toll on Booth's character. I don't find him as appealing or interesting as I once did. The final straw for me was when Brennan dated his boss after he asked her twice not to and by the end of the episode his was perfectly fine with it (or seemed to be). It just seemed so out of character with the Booth of the other seasons. I really wish they would bring a bit of the old Booth back going forward.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:09 am

F
lancelot wrote:I might be alone in this but I think a lot of the playing around they've done with their relationship in the last couple of seasons - mostly season 5 has taken a toll on Booth's character. I don't find him as appealing or interesting as I once did. The final straw for me was when Brennan dated his boss after he asked her twice not to and by the end of the episode his was perfectly fine with it (or seemed to be). It just seemed so out of character with the Booth of the other seasons. I really wish they would bring a bit of the old Booth back going forward.

At the end of the episode (NATBM) She dumps Hacker for Booth, being that they almost kissed , at THAT point in time it appeared she'd ended it. Later on, Hacker tries to impress Brennan with his "rescue" attempt, as if he's trying to regain her attention. She wasn't impressed. She agrees to go out with Hacker after Booth is going out with Catfish - and she's clear that she DOES NOT want to sleep with him. Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 am

ok, I'm going to have to watch that again! I"m sure your right. Don't get me wrong I still love the show I just found myself wondering "what's Booth thinking" a lot.

Isn't Hacker still around for the Predator in the Pool episode? Perhaps I watched some episodes out of order.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:20 am

lancelot wrote:ok, I'm going to have to watch that again! I"m sure your right. Don't get me wrong I still love the show I just found myself wondering "what's Booth thinking" a lot.

Perhaps I watched some episodes out of order.
Believe me, I've been wondering the same damn thing since the 100th. Razz. (really, it's. what is HH thinking, since he authorizes everything that comes out of Booth's mouth. Mad ) Hopefully this mess will be cleared up soon. Smile

Last edited by THX1138 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:48 am

joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:ok, I'm going to have to watch that again! I"m sure your right. Don't get me wrong I still love the show I just found myself wondering "what's Booth thinking" a lot.

Perhaps I watched some episodes out of order.
Believe me, I've been wondering the same damn thing since the 100th. Razz. (really, it's. what is HH thinking, since he authorizes everything that comes out of Booth's mouth. Mad ) Hopefully this mess will be cleared up soon. Smile
Well that's been the problem I've had with Booth 2.0 since his introduction at the start of S5. Booth 1.0 is the guy we saw in S1-S3 and about half of S4. Somewhere in S4 we got Booth 1.5, then limited edition Coma Booth, then, finally, Booth 2.0.

Booth 1.0 - The original knight in shining FBI standard-issue body armor, he was also occasionally a jerk (in S1) but by S3 his bona fides as the epitome of what every man should aspire to be were well established, this Booth was a gentleman in every sense of the word and always thought of Brennan's feelings first, and on the few occasions when he slipped he was quick to correct the problem. More than that, he always put Brennan first.

Booth 1.5 - S4 brought us Jerky Booth. He was mean, crass, and occasionally an ass. Can anyone really say that Booth calling Brennan "Dr Burn-in-Hell" is in character for him? Or Booth joking around about sex with Brennan? Or calling her creepy? That's not Booth, that's Jerky Booth, aka, Booth 1.5 Booth 1.5 was HH's attempt to forestall them getting together and it definitely succeeded by giving us a Booth that seemed to have become a shell of his former self, one who was definitely not worth Brennan risking her heart on.

Coma Booth - Booth 1.0 comes back as a club owner married to a special limited edition Coma Brennan. Coma Booth was almost exactly a reissue of Booth 1.0 with just a few cosmetic changes, Coma Brennan, however, was really a beta of Brennan 2.0, a Brennan who is totally in touch with her emotions and comfortable with love.

Booth 2.0 - S5 brought us a Booth struggling to find himself again, and what he found (post Coma Dream) was that he was fundamentally unhappy with the status quo. He missed being in love with Brennan, but was unsure of both himself and her readiness to return his love. The result was a darker, broodier Booth who was quicker to anger, more resolute in his actions, more cynical, and progressively less Boothy. By the time he was ready to admit to Brennan he loved her he was already half convinced she either couldn't or wouldn't love him, and more than ready to give into his cynicism and move on.

That's the Booth we saw in the last 8 episodes of S5 and the one who left for Afghanistan. The question is, what Booth do we get back at the start of S6? I wouldn't mind a return to Booth 1.0, but what worries me is getting Booth 2.5. Booth 2.5 is Booth 2.0 only defeated and even more cynical than before, meaning he won't be his old 'happy' self, he won't be as 'Boothy', and he won't pick up on the fact that Brennan loves him or he's hurting her by being a monumental ass.

Then again if we don't get Brennan 2.0 there's no point in worrying about what's going on with Booth. Until she's ready to admit she loves him and is even more ready to be loved by him, there's no point in worrying about Booth.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:43 am

I'm so glad you responded. I thought I was alone in thinking Booth has changed. I've been thinking Booth is a shell of his former self for a while. What I really miss is the Booth that likes to be under-estimated so he's really got the upper hand. That's the army ranger FBI investigator Booth - SAVY Booth. Kind of like, crazy as a fox but really always in control. He's got his demons but he's as proficient at what he does as she is at what she does. That's S1 Booth. That Booth is gone. Now we have a Booth that can only shoot straight if Brennan's next to him watching. Not to mention they've played around with his intuitive abilities as well. Now Brennan is making intuitive leaps in investigations, so is Hodgens. Booth stops being able to tell if someone is lying. I don't get why they went in this direction.

I hope we get something closer to the Season 1 Booth back.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:56 am

lancelot wrote:I'm so glad you responded. I thought I was alone in thinking Booth has changed. I've been thinking Booth is a shell of his former self for a while. What I really miss is the Booth that likes to be under-estimated so he's really got the upper hand. That's the army ranger FBI investigator Booth - SAVY Booth. Kind of like, crazy as a fox but really always in control. He's got his demons but he's as proficient at what he does as she is at what she does. That's S1 Booth. That Booth is gone. Now we have a Booth that can only shoot straight if Brennan's next to him watching. Not to mention they've played around with his intuitive abilities as well. Now Brennan is making intuitive leaps in investigations, so is Hodgens. Booth stops being able to tell if someone is lying. I don't get why they went in this direction.

I hope we get something closer to the Season 1 Booth back.

I agree with all of the above. However, you're assuming they have a direction. They are using soap-opera style writing now. Characters get to change who they are on a dime. Rolling Eyes Yeah, his intuition was CLEARLY not in play in the 100th scene. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:31 pm

LOL.... "Booth 2.0"... I love it! It like the new upgraded software and operating system for the hardware that may LOOK the same externally.... but....

Oh, and did I really just say "hardware?" [Only admins are allowed to see this image] I want a return to the original programming package but the hardware can stay "as is" for sure! :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by aardvark508 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Just before the first episode of season 6, Wendy Young, the founder and operator of the Obssessed with Bones web site announced she was terminating the site. You may find her reasons interesting. It takes a lot to drive away such a dedicated fan and supporter but they did it. Her final post can be found here.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

aardvark508

Number of posts : 22
Say What You Want : things are never what they seem
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by royaldinerlurker Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 am

I do agree with some of the earlier posts in that Booth has changed since the early series.

But the thing is, for me, I think he had to change. He couldn't continue to be so sweet and supportive - particularly after the 100th episode. He has to distance himself for his own preservation. Even before the 100th his character would have been a bit one-dimensional if he hadn't shown a wider set of emotions than in the early series - I mean (as much as I love my husband) no real man is as fantastic and patient (with anyone, not least Brennan) as Booth was in the early series - he was almost too perfect.

For Booth and Bones to be together I think there had to be a toning down of characters on both sides. They both have to be a little damaged IMO for it to really work.

I don't think Booth has become an ass this season -I think he is the same Booth under the bravado. He is just trying to protect himself and all this talk of how happy he is, wanting to move on and kind of making fun of Brennan is his attempt to protect himself and be happy. We all know how he feels and now we are going to start to see how she feels.

I think the distancing is good for the possibility of UST and growth on both sides. I remain optimistic for this season.

royaldinerlurker

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:40 am

I absolutely agree with you. I don't like the "perfect" Booth either and I'm also glad he is taking a step back from Brennan for a while.

I once read that Harrison Ford said he always hated heroes that didn't show any fear because only stupid people have no fear.

I think that after the 100th episode when Booth didn't back away from Brennan and protect himself he began to seem more stupid than sweet.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next