Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Week's Episode - In or Out?

+37
jcn747
muimi07
recoveringbonesaddict
joybrennan
Murphs93
otismotis
bones_fanatic19
CeleryStick
sparklyshoes
HeyHey
TinkonBrink
boreanazlover82
DONEWITHIT
19ana89
bonesparticulat
tinkrella
sleepless
booth fan
CanadianBones
heirofloki
nati.cba
SnoopGirl
mereva
Groovycathers
Gea
treble21
tazdee2
MI_Bonesgirl
jjrobinson73
SherlockBones
anteater
Bonesicted
a_rangergrl2
jro54
mommahurley
sirenized
bugaboo628
41 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Next Week's Episode - In or Out? - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Week's Episode - In or Out?

Post by mereva Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:58 pm

HeyLJ wrote:I've quickly read the thread. And I see most people are looking forward to it...
Well, I don't. I know that the ep will make me sad, so there's nothing to look forward to. Maybe I'll watch it not complete but jumping from scene to scene - and the scenes with Catfish will be shorten out as much as possible... No
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Next Week's Episode - In or Out? - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Week's Episode - In or Out?

Post by HeyHey Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:15 pm

I think it'll be fascinating to see if they release more positive finale spoilers before this episode is released next week.

I am so interested to see if this episode does well or flops based on that promo.

HeyHey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklyshoes Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm definitely going to watch! We know we're on a story arc at the moment and given that the guest stars are only slated for one ep, I'm still confident we are heading towards a positive BB finale!

Because of that confidence, I think a bit of tension will be fun and I'm one of those looking forward to watching the diffrent dynamics next week.

sparklyshoes
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 111
Say What You Want : "I want to punch the writers sometimes"
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by CeleryStick Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm gonna read treb's Wed night spoilers and then decide if I'll watch! Laughing What can I say, a girl can only take so much angst! Embarassed Wink

If it doesn't sound too painful then I'll watch. Otherwise I'll tape it and watch it when things between B/B get better. (Soon I hope!) Very Happy
CeleryStick
CeleryStick
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bones_fanatic19 Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:04 pm

I think I will read the recap first and see whether it's worth downloading or just waiting til it airs here in a few weeks. I really want to know what happens in it but I don't know whether I want to watch it happen.
bones_fanatic19
bones_fanatic19
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1112
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by otismotis Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:29 pm

I am definitely going to watch. I truely want B&B together, but I think Booth needs this, shake Bones up. I saw the promo and when Catfish ask him to go out, he answered yes very quickly, nervous-like. Lets not forget all the guys Bones has gone out with and does not hesitate to let Booth know. Also in this upcoming episode, she and Booth are discussing the dating thing......don't remember which one. IT sounds like Rena is only in one episode, but is HH playing it like she and Booth have had more than one date?
otismotis
otismotis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:37 am

I'm in! I can't handle knowing there's an episode of Bones out there that I haven't seen!

I hope we see jealous Brennan, but she has Hacker so maybe we won't. But come on, Booth's bird (or...fish) is hotter than Brennan's man.

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:04 am

I don't think we will see jealous brennan. Emily made it seem in an interview that brennan would be rational like "she's pretty...you're a good guy...you SHOULD date" I think it'll take a lot more than one date for brennan to actually show some jealousy. maybe she will be jealous in her own "brennan" way and we'll get some insight from angela or something.

I'm really not as freaking out about it as I thought I would be. I dunno. I think the fact that tamara referred to catherine as "brennan-light" speaks volumes about where things are going with that storyline. Also, she said booth is looking to have a good time and catherine achieves that. You don't get serious with "the good time/rebound girl" And the fact that she's so like brennan will probably make it almost comical.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:14 am

For a good time call 1-800-CATFISH

Couldn't resist....
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphs93 Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:39 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:For a good time call 1-800-CATFISH

Couldn't resist....

Pahahaha! This made my day :')

Murphs93
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 133
Say What You Want : Me: It's the 100th episode tomorrow.
Mum: What is it a special murder or something?
Me: I don't watch it for the cases mother!

I am secretly Naomi from paleontology.
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:35 am

G
nati.cba wrote:I think HH will eventually put them together as a couple, but not any time soon. Remember there's a 6th season still to go and people are saying they've signed for a 7th and 8th. Although I agree that they can build a very good story with them together, I think if there's gonna be another 3 seasons, then it's too soon now.

Also,if they make people wait for too long the audience will definitely drop.
[code]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING SINCE SEASON ONE!? There is NO WAY I'd sit through season six if the relationship betweejn B &B wasn't a given. This will they won't they stuff is tedious NOW, and is starting to erode the integrity of the characters' development. If a lake ceases to have inlets and outlets it DIES. Keeping these characters apart and in longing at this point will KILL this show. I'm hoping they let the characters move forward into a relationship so we can see new dynamics, new issues. There is so much backstory hinted at with these guys. More than enough for SEASONS of interesting, emotion -filled episodes coming from who they've been and who they are now. Even TV Guide sees that the best part of "Bones" is when B&B are together.

As for next week - no, I'm not watching. No need to get more annoyed than I am. Besides, if the ratings drop for that episode Hart may blow off any significance, but the higher ups powers-that-be very well may not. Wink Here's hoping - cuz if they keep this direction up I think a lot of fans will just get fed up and stop watching. We'll be watching reruns, sighing, "oh yeah...this was when Bones was really awesome..."
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:35 am

Ok people are we watching the same show? It's not a soap opera for God's sake!!! It's about their RELATIONSHIP yeah yeah but no way they're giving us a fluffy soap opera-like story.
Arggg I feel frustrated, how come you don't see the development in the characters and HOW WHAT'S HAPPENING MAKES SENSE? Until now all we had was a nice friendship (first two seasons) that grew into something "more than partners" (following two seasons), until it was obvious that both of them were totally in love with each other (since mid of season 4 more or less). This season we had a lot of B&B moments, sweet but that was all. No talking, no feelings exposed. Now feelings are exposed but she's BONES, not a romantic soap opera character that's more than half the show crying for her love. And that will EASILY say yes at Booth's first attempt to claim her heart! Therefore, let's be patient. We still need Bones to grow, Booth to make some mistakes, both to realize that they belong together, and finally get together. If it happened quickly and easily it'd be so boring... I know that for those who've been watching the series since the very beginning it feels slow frustrating somehow but that's the way it is. Brennan is emotionally and socially immature and it's not from one day to the other that she'll admit she believes in love and then fall in Booth's arms.
Right?

And besides, if the ratings drop, nothing will change in terms of the story. The episodes are written and edited, the show is gonna go on for another 2 or 3 seasons, and HH will do whatever he wants in the end.

Enjoy the show people, there're great stories and amazing acting.
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:53 am

Sorry, but I have to disagree. The permanent 'will they-won't they' theme got old by the end of season 3. And throwing in the 3rd parties by the end of season 5 is simply ridiculous. The show is getting boring. Boooooooooring.
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Next Week's Episode - In or Out? - Page 3 Empty Good News

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:02 am

Hey to the Bones fans that are tired of the writers scheme to keep B&B apart, I have great news from Ausiello (here is the link [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Castle will do what Bones is unwilling to do.

I've grown to like Castle, and it is making me slowly forget about Bones. Instead of keeping their leads separate, Castle's writers are willing to go beyond the UST and do something in this years finale. It only took two years... Way to go Castle, and so long HH and Bones.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:06 am

joybrennan wrote:G
nati.cba wrote:I think HH will eventually put them together as a couple, but not any time soon. Remember there's a 6th season still to go and people are saying they've signed for a 7th and 8th. Although I agree that they can build a very good story with them together, I think if there's gonna be another 3 seasons, then it's too soon now.

Also,if they make people wait for too long the audience will definitely drop.
[code]

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING SINCE SEASON ONE!? There is NO WAY I'd sit through season six if the relationship betweejn B &B wasn't a given. This will they won't they stuff is tedious NOW, and is starting to erode the integrity of the characters' development. If a lake ceases to have inlets and outlets it DIES. Keeping these characters apart and in longing at this point will KILL this show. I'm hoping they let the characters move forward into a relationship so we can see new dynamics, new issues. There is so much backstory hinted at with these guys. More than enough for SEASONS of interesting, emotion -filled episodes coming from who they've been and who they are now. Even TV Guide sees that the best part of "Bones" is when B&B are together.

As for next week - no, I'm not watching. No need to get more annoyed than I am. Besides, if the ratings drop for that episode Hart may blow off any significance, but the higher ups powers-that-be very well may not. Wink Here's hoping - cuz if they keep this direction up I think a lot of fans will just get fed up and stop watching. We'll be watching reruns, sighing, "oh yeah...this was when Bones was really awesome..."
You are bowdown so right!!!
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 187
Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:09 am

Bug, I know you said you didn't post your 'admin' post because of my earlier post but I just wanted to say - I would like to clarify that my deleted post (which I chose to delete myself) had nothing to with questioning the loyalty of Bones fans - obviously we are all fans or else would not be on the forum. I just simply do not understand all this(and that could be a result of not knowling the spoilers for the rest of the season) and so I don't think I should participate in this thread. Sorry if any of you did see my original post and thought I was questioning that.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:44 am

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:Hey to the Bones fans that are tired of the writers scheme to keep B&B apart, I have great news from Ausiello (here is the link [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Castle will do what Bones is unwilling to do.

I've grown to like Castle, and it is making me slowly forget about Bones. Instead of keeping their leads separate, Castle's writers are willing to go beyond the UST and do something in this years finale. It only took two years... Way to go Castle, and so long HH and Bones.

mmmmm....I may need to become a Castle shipper to get my fix then conscience
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : Ifyou don't have anything constructive to say,silence is your best friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:45 am

link [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Yeah!
Castle is about to cut the sexual tension between its leading gumshoes with a machete. Executive producer Andrew W. Marlowe reveals that Castle and Beckett will exit the denial phase of their relationship in the show’s May 17 season finale.

“Beckett and Castle finally realize their attraction to each other is too strong to deny,” he tells me, “and decisions must be made by each of them.”

What decisions? And does it involve Beckett’s forthcoming romance with a certain blazing hot Battlestar Galactica toaster? Marlowe would only say that Castle’s “not-too-subtle jealousy” over his partner’s new lover will lead to “a competition for Beckett’s affection” as the season draws to a close.

cheers cheers
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 am

It's amazing how the writers got what they wanted. They said the 100th would split the fans, and so it did. They probably planned the upcoming episodes so that we'd get angry, pissed, we'd want to kick the main characters, we'd threaten to stop watching the show, but they know we'll always come back and see WTF they've done to the show. They know we'll never leave, we'll always want to watch, they know we'll spend hours debating, arguing, speculating. It's illogical, but we do it. Because they want us to. Probably if the couple were together nobody will spend hours debating about what happened, maybe a couple of min per day saying "ohh they're so cute" and blablabla, but no way what's happening now would happen then. That's why I guess they'll postpone B&B getting together as much as they can. I've been on the ride for so long, that I'll take whatever they throw to us, I'll be stubborn and wait with patience. This long way is fun though, because scenes like the one in the 100th, or the slow dance, or Bones' speech at the 101st, Bones' speech about love, etc, are totally worth it!.
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 am

nati.cba wrote:It's amazing how the writers got what they wanted. They said the 100th would split the fans, and so it did. They probably planned the upcoming episodes so that we'd get angry, pissed, we'd want to kick the main characters, we'd threaten to stop watching the show, but they know we'll always come back and see WTF they've done to the show. They know we'll never leave, we'll always want to watch, they know we'll spend hours debating, arguing, speculating. It's illogical, but we do it. Because they want us to. Probably if the couple were together nobody will spend hours debating about what happened, maybe a couple of min per day saying "ohh they're so cute" and blablabla, but no way what's happening now would happen then. That's why I guess they'll postpone B&B getting together as much as they can. I've been on the ride for so long, that I'll take whatever they throw to us, I'll be stubborn and wait with patience. This long way is fun though, because scenes like the one in the 100th, or the slow dance, or Bones' speech at the 101st, Bones' speech about love, etc, are totally worth it!.

mmm right, I will come here and watch the "WTF have they done to this show" as you say, but that does not mean I will continue watching the show if theride keeps getting longer...I may say " stop the ride cause I got to pee"..or better yet " stop the ride causeI want to puke" puke which seems really close to where I am personallygetting at and be warned I have been watching Bones since the pilot, you could not get a more faithful viewer than me, I have not missed a single episode, nex tweek will be my first of perhaps many to come. Evil or Very Mad
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by muimi07 Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:56 pm

In a television series, writers have a fine line to walk between pleasing the fans, staying true to their vision and still getting enough ratings to please the network who, may I remind everyone, pays their bills. They've pleased the network (we've all seen many a FOX show die due to not pleasing the network gods) to the point that they've got two more seasons to play with. That's great! Let's support them, not stamp our feet and whine that Brennan and Booth didn't get together yet.

That being said, I am watching this episode. Am I pleased about the new love interest for Booth? Not really. But the poor guy needs a little something. Give the man some love! With the way that women were practically throwing themselves at him during the high school episode, the poor guy deserves a little something even if it doesn't come from Brennan.

Aside from the fact that they're fictional, look at it this way. Booth and Brennan are adults. Very complicated adults with a very complicated, more complicated than we originally had privy to realize, relationship. That opens so much more story and conflict. The writers knew that going in and they're taking advantage of that. LET THEM. That's their job -- to take us for a ride. The way I see it, this is a new part of the ride. It is uncomfortable because we got used to anticipating one thing, now we're not so sure. But we've enjoyed it before so let's just have faith that we'll continue to enjoy it.

muimi07

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-04-11

http://fwiwfangirl.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DONEWITHIT Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:19 pm

muimi07 wrote:In a television series, writers have a fine line to walk between pleasing the fans, staying true to their vision and still getting enough ratings to please the network who, may I remind everyone, pays their bills. They've pleased the network (we've all seen many a FOX show die due to not pleasing the network gods) to the point that they've got two more seasons to play with. That's great! Let's support them, not stamp our feet and whine that Brennan and Booth didn't get together yet.

That being said, I am watching this episode. Am I pleased about the new love interest for Booth? Not really. But the poor guy needs a little something. Give the man some love! With the way that women were practically throwing themselves at him during the high school episode, the poor guy deserves a little something even if it doesn't come from Brennan.

Aside from the fact that they're fictional, look at it this way. Booth and Brennan are adults. Very complicated adults with a very complicated, more complicated than we originally had privy to realize, relationship. That opens so much more story and conflict. The writers knew that going in and they're taking advantage of that. LET THEM. That's their job -- to take us for a ride. The way I see it, this is a new part of the ride. It is uncomfortable because we got used to anticipating one thing, now we're not so sure. But we've enjoyed it before so let's just have faith that we'll continue to enjoy it.

humm not that you don;t have valid points, but in real life I see people stamping out their feet when they are unhappy, this is a forum of tv show, what;s the big deal? we are just playing the game they want us to play and at the same time we are providing valuable feedback them...complete synergy,,, achieving complete symbiotic potential facesmack
DONEWITHIT
DONEWITHIT
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:10 pm

nati.cba wrote:Ok people are we watching the same show? It's not a soap opera for God's sake!!! It's about their RELATIONSHIP yeah yeah but no way they're giving us a fluffy soap opera-like story.
Arggg I feel frustrated, how come you don't see the development in the characters and HOW WHAT'S HAPPENING MAKES SENSE? Until now all we had was a nice friendship (first two seasons) that grew into something "more than partners" (following two seasons), until it was obvious that both of them were totally in love with each other (since mid of season 4 more or less). This season we had a lot of B&B moments, sweet but that was all. No talking, no feelings exposed. Now feelings are exposed but she's BONES, not a romantic soap opera character that's more than half the show crying for her love. And that will EASILY say yes at Booth's first attempt to claim her heart! Therefore, let's be patient. We still need Bones to grow, Booth to make some mistakes, both to realize that they belong together, and finally get together. If it happened quickly and easily it'd be so boring... I know that for those who've been watching the series since the very beginning it feels slow frustrating somehow but that's the way it is. Brennan is emotionally and socially immature and it's not from one day to the other that she'll admit she believes in love and then fall in Booth's arms.
Right?

And besides, if the ratings drop, nothing will change in terms of the story. The episodes are written and edited, the show is gonna go on for another 2 or 3 seasons, and HH will do whatever he wants in the end.

Enjoy the show people, there're great stories and amazing acting.

Umm, actually, the end of the 100th makes it seem like the show is becoming MORE like a soap-opera. While the acting was great it threw out 5 years of character development, growth and change. Brennan reacted like the Brennan of season 2 or 3. Certainly not the Brennan we've seen this year. Soaps toss character development and continuity out the window all the time. If you've watched from the beginning, it's starting to feel like just going around in circles. Two or three more years of writers doing plot maneuvers so that the characters don't "break" the UST is the best way to break it. People stop caring because the characters stop showing consistency in the direction of their character development.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by nati.cba Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:55 pm

joybrennan wrote:

Umm, actually, the end of the 100th makes it seem like the show is becoming MORE like a soap-opera. While the acting was great it threw out 5 years of character development, growth and change. Brennan reacted like the Brennan of season 2 or 3. Certainly not the Brennan we've seen this year. Soaps toss character development and continuity out the window all the time. If you've watched from the beginning, it's starting to feel like just going around in circles. Two or three more years of writers doing plot maneuvers so that the characters don't "break" the UST is the best way to break it. People stop caring because the characters stop showing consistency in the direction of their character development.

I don't agree, again, sorry!
But I don't think this is like a soap opera, if it were, Bones would already be in Booth arms, we would have already seen her cry about a stupid jealously because a woman got him drunk and she caught them in bed, etc.

Brennan DID NOT react like the Brennan in season 2 or 3, that Brennan would have said "I don't love you back, sorry man", she'd not cry, that's for sure, she'd not said "I don't know how (to change), she'd said "I don't want to change", she'd said that relationships are stupíd and that's why she'd reject him, etc. In contrast Bones said she doesn't know how to change, the Bones in season 2 or 3 would have NEVER admitted that she couldn't do something right. And besides, behind her words you could see the message of "I know you deserve better and I don't know how to give you that".

I sustain that episode 100th finale was gorgeous and totally IN CHARACTER. Now we have to see Brennan work on her feelings before putting them in the table, like Booth did. It'd be unfair if they'd miss this part in the show. Maybe it came a little bit too late, but it's something we have to go through before any relationship between them could start.

And why do you think the characters stopped showing consistency? When? We know Bones, her reaction was totally in character. And Booth's as well. He put his feelings in the table, she didn't want them, so he decided he'd move on. He won't beg, but he won't walk away either. That's at least the Booth and Brennan that I've grown to know in the series.

That's at least, my opinion. Rolling Eyes
nati.cba
nati.cba
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Next Week's Episode - In or Out? - Page 3 Empty What's gone on up 'till the 100th

Post by joybrennan Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:58 am

nati.cba wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

I don't agree, again, sorry!
But I don't think this is like a soap opera, if it were, Bones would already be in Booth arms, we would have already seen her cry about a stupid jealously because a woman got him drunk and she caught them in bed, etc.

Brennan DID NOT react like the Brennan in season 2 or 3, that Brennan would have said "I don't love you back, sorry man", she'd not cry, that's for sure, she'd not said "I don't know how (to change), she'd said "I don't want to change", she'd said that relationships are stupíd and that's why she'd reject him, etc. In contrast Bones said she doesn't know how to change, the Bones in season 2 or 3 would have NEVER admitted that she couldn't do something right. And besides, behind her words you could see the message of "I know you deserve better and I don't know how to give you that".

I sustain that episode 100th finale was gorgeous and totally IN CHARACTER. Now we have to see Brennan work on her feelings before putting them in the table, like Booth did. It'd be unfair if they'd miss this part in the show. Maybe it came a little bit too late, but it's something we have to go through before any relationship between them could start.

And why do you think the characters stopped showing consistency? When? We know Bones, her reaction was totally in character. And Booth's as well. He put his feelings in the table, she didn't want them, so he decided he'd move on. He won't beg, but he won't walk away either. That's at least the Booth and Brennan that I've grown to know in the series.

That's at least, my opinion. Rolling Eyes

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. However, some facts: In season two, Brennan gets involved with Sully. Sully says he’s in love with her, and while I don’t think she was in love with him, there’s enough for her to CONSIDER going away with him. Season THREE is where Booth gives his whole “making love” speech – and BRENNAN agrees with him. She’s already started shifting her thoughts about relationships. A Brennan coming from a season three place certainly wouldn’t be saying relationships are stupid. She WOULD probably say she didn’t think she could do one.

In season FOUR, we open up in London, where Brennan states that pure logic can be dangerous and that in order to be successful, a scientist needs more than logic. The episode ends with Brennan NOT sleeping with the guy she finds attractive – even though he uses a logical argument as to why they should. Brennan agrees it’s logical – but chooses not to upset Booth – who doesn’t like the guy. They come back and Brennan starts dating two guys, one for sex and one for intellectual simulation. By the end of the episode, she is thinking that perhaps monogamy is best for sexual relationships, but she’s unsure if she’d ever manage it. Booth tells her, “there’s a perfect guy out there for you, you just have to be open to it.” He then takes her out to dinner. We then go to the episode where everyone is super-smart and rational, a place Brennan had years before applied to for an internship. Everyone is sleeping with everyone else – including the engaged Director. Booth is appalled; Brennan sees the logic in the behavior. The Director at one-point states, “love is beneath him.” The reason this episode is important? When the director hits on her, she turns him down flat. She may understand the logic in the behavior – but it’s not what she WANTS anymore. After that, we’re got the Cinderella in the Cardboard, Brennan admits to being jealous of ALL of her colleagues because they believe in true love, and she wants to. She wants to know what it’s like. Booth tells her she will…someday. In “the Girl in the Mask” Brennan is contemplating whether loving someone is worth it. She admits her fear to Booth, who promptly explains why it is – he talks about Parker. TWO episodes later, Brennan decides SHE wants a child. Apparently, she took Booth’s statement literally. Loving someone – a child – is worth it. Then there’s the whole brain tumor thing. Brennan writes a story about being in love with/and married to Booth. In the story, she says, “love gives you wings – to fly.” Then she deletes it. She’s just not ready to deal. ALL of this is SEASON FOUR. We haven’t even gone into five yet.

FIVE opens up with the completely psychic thing. Brennan is completely skeptical, until Avalon does a reading that says Brennan doesn’t know how anyone can love her, but that “He knows the truth of her and is dazzled by it.” This shakes her up. Clearly, it’s the question on her mind, and the answer she wants to believe… “Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” Brennan has no problem getting more involved with Booth and Parker. She gives them a key to her building so that Parker and Booth can use the pool. “Night at the Bones Museum” she goes out with Hacker – because she wants sex. However, when Booth makes it clear to her how special their relationship is by letting her know he tells her things he tells no one else, she dumps Hacker as her date to the museum and takes Booth. She paraphrases Booth’s words to her, “What happens between us is ours, isn’t that what you said.” They almost kiss. There’s more in season five, but let me just jump to the point where Brennan tells Booth, Jared, and Jared’s fiancé that because of Booth, she now believes that love is possible.

ALL of this between seasons 2-5, and then she says she doesn’t want to try having a relationship, that she’s too much of a scientist – (yet, she’s not enough of one to date the Lab Director in season 4.) She can’t change. SHE HAS CHANGED. Therefore, I stand by assertion. The Brennan in the 100th is coming out of seasons two and three – in my opinion.
tongue Smile

Last edited by joybrennan on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing)
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next