Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

+12
VentiGirl
fairytales_end
Fairy101
Kajunblueyes
Zeddie
newhaven5
Cassiopeia
kiki
Nane
flyersfan35
Kasper
willgirl
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper - Page 4 Empty Re: Bones, The Mentor-By Kasper

Post by flyersfan35 Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:37 am

*sigh* Still waiting for that epilogue...
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:56 am

okay.........i had started reading this and then quit........but have recently just finished it........and now i will start bugging you for an epilogue also........come on now kasper........WE WANT MORE!!!!! its not like youre busy right.......so you are in college..........you have time.......lol
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainySmurf0302 Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:58 pm

more please? I loved it, can't wait for the epilogue. Very Happy
~ sunny ~
BrainySmurf0302
BrainySmurf0302
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 125
Say What You Want : In somnis veritas
Failure needs excuse. Success needs none.
Touching live wires on a high tension line could result in side effects such as: sneezing, twitching, headaches, DEATH, seizures, congestment. Wink
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Damn it, kasper...you'd better freaking finish the epilogue soon, or...or...I don't know what, but it won't be pretty! Grrr...I'll have to finish it myself soon! Get moving!

(Well, after you're home on break, of course...)
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:21 am

I’ve been sitting on this forever now. I figured that I should just post it at this point because it’s not going to change. This is the end and I’d love to thank all of you that have read, reviewed, favorite, or expressed interest in the story. You make it worthwhile to write.

Epilogue

Lily wiped her brow, the sweat beginning again. The room in the church was getting warmer and smaller the longer she sat there in front of the mirror. She sighed as she looked at her image again. Her hair was done up perfectly, the dress was gorgeous, and the way the sun was shining it made her skin practically glow. Yet for some reason she couldn’t muster a smile and the normally happy demeanor she normally kept.
She was pulled from her thoughts by a light knock on the door. “Come in,” she replied and stood quickly, brushing away any remnants of sadness from her face. The door opened and the seemingly ever chipper Seeley Booth strode in. In the ten years that she had known him he never appeared to age. And with his two young children, he acted even younger than his age said. She was the closest thing she had to a father figure at the moment; her uncle was head of a task force that was working with the FBI that ate up all his time. Her aunt was waiting as long as possible before leaving for the wedding, but in order to make it, her uncle wouldn’t be able to go. Lily tried to shrug it off, but deep down she knew it was contributing to her sadness somewhat.
Booth was no idiot when it came to reading people and he immediately knew that something was wrong, also evident by the fact that she was still inside the small room when she was due to walk down the aisle in a few minutes time. “Lily, what’s wrong?” he asked in his concerned father tone.
“Seel I’m going to be honest, I’m not sure,” she replied honestly because it was in fact the truth.
“Do you have cold feet?” he questioned with a wince.
“No, never. I love Theo. It’s just, I just feel like I should be happier on my wedding day. It’s not like in the movies where people are jubilant. It feels like any other day, except that I’ve been up since forever because I had to get my hair done.”
Seeley moved so that they could sit down together on the small couch near the back of the room. “Lil, every day you get more and more like Bones. You shoulda heard the speech that Angela had to give Bones on our wedding day. Boy General Patton would have been outshined.”
“Time out,” interrupted Lily. “You saw Tempe before the wedding?”
“No of course not. I may have listened at the door because I knew she was going to have a hard time. Still it was different for Bones because she was living down her beliefs one marriage. But still, once she allowed herself to let go, I knew that she was ready for marriage. You just need to relax and let yourself enjoy this day.”
“Clearly I’m trying, but it’s just not happening.” She sighed and stood, trying to walk off some of her nervous energy. “I.. I just don’t know.”
“Okay, let’s talk. You’re not having cold feet. You love Theo. You’re standing in a beautiful church, wearing a beautiful wedding dress; you have almost a hundred people that care about you and your family sitting out there waiting for you to get married.” He stood and walked over to Lily, taking her hand into his. “You have nothing to worry about. Just let go.” She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes in a last attempt to clear her mind.
There was another knock at the door, but this one heavy and rushed. “Yeah,” shouted Lily. The door opened and this time her Uncle Sean ran inside. His suit was in disarray and his tie hung loose around his neck. He was out of breath and was leaning on the chair for support.
“I.. got here as fast… as I could.” He took a few deep breaths. “Subway took forever, ran the last few blocks here.” Lily didn’t care and she stood up to give him a giant hug.
“I’m so glad you made it.”
“Don’t worry; I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Otherwise this fool would have to walk you down the aisle.” Sean meant to point out Booth, but somehow he had managed to slip from the room. “Someone should put a bell on him.” Lily laughed as she let him go and fixed her uncle’s tie. “So, are you ready to get married?”
Lily smiled a genuine happy smile. “Yes Uncle Sean, yes I am.”

The reception hall was huge, its tall glass windows displayed the full moon in all its glory as it hung low in the sky. Following dinner, everyone sat at their tables laughing and discussing everything and anything. Lily sat next to Tempe and Seeley’s first child, James who was attempting to make a fort out of his mashed potatoes under the guidance of his father. Every so often she would look over at Theo who had a permanent smile on his face since they said their I do’s.
Following the dinner the DJ announced the first dance and Theo walked over to take her hand. They had decided before the wedding that no matter how lame it sounded, they would dance to “This I Promise You” as their song. Lily had been surprised that Theo had suggested it and had wholeheartedly agreed.
They lined up on the danced floor and the song started. They moved slowly, more swaying to the music than anything. Lily leaned into him, her head resting on his shoulder. “I love you Theo,” she said over the song.
“I love you too baby.” He pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. Soon the other guests piled onto the dance floor and when the song was over, Sean walked over to cut in.
“Excuse me young man, can I have the next dance?” Theo passed her on and Lily danced with her uncle.
“Robbie would be so proud of you today Lily,” he said at one point during the dance. Lily smiled at the thought of her father being here, the one that walked her down the aisle and the one that she would be dancing with. The one that she would soon announce that she was pregnant to.
“Dad’s not hear anymore Uncle Sean, but I can’t think of anyone else I would want to share this moment with.”
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:59 am

I got what I wanted for Christmas!!!!!! *does happy dance*
Oh kas, that was so sweet...I loved it!! Thanks so much for posting today...it was my favorite gift ever!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:44 am

Yay for Lily and Theo!!

And for Kasper giving Fly a sweet Christmas present!

Thanks Kasper. Very Happy
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 pm

I am happy because that was a wonderful story. I am sad because there will be no more. Unless, you wanted to write a ...... no. You're busy. I guess I'll just jump on the "waiting for Kasper to write" bandwagon and enjoy the scenery. This really was great. Excellent job Lady Kasper. Thank you.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:27 am

Nightowl wrote:I am happy because that was a wonderful story. I am sad because there will be no more. Unless, you wanted to write a ...... no. You're busy. I guess I'll just jump on the "waiting for Kasper to write" bandwagon and enjoy the scenery. This really was great. Excellent job Lady Kasper. Thank you.
I need better scenery...*grumbles*
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4